It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Trump allowed to disrespect America?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You might want to read this article. Even though it is the NYT it is worth it.

www.nytimes.com...

Don't beleive the media hype.

As far as the other question, I knew you would not make a stand but it also answers my question.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Other nations laugh at us because 1) we elected Donald Trump, 2) we think that a flag is more important than people.

link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

You do not have kids do you? It is not that easy.

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: AboveBoard
I'd offer to team up but...you know the drill...Everyone for themselves unless they're in Daddy's network.

It's cool. I wouldn't want to share my favorite sheeple-sandwich acquisition point anyway.

Totally understood.

(Psst. My Daddy just bought 51% of it just cause I asked. Neener neener.)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

He made a mistake by saying players are not patriotic for standing for the National Anthem? That this is even a discussion is a disgrace and the reason other countries laugh at us.

Yes. That is true. He shouldn't have opened his mouth on the issue at all. It's bad enough that Fox News makes idiotic proclamations like this on the regular, but the President has no business siding one way or the other here. There is nothing american about honoring a symbol anyways.

Plus the world is laughing at us because we elected Trump. Full stop.

The flag is the symbol if our country. The National Anthem is how it is celebrated. Why is it so hard for the players to give their few minutes to our country. The flag did not shoot a convict attempting to flee. The National Anthem is a sign of patriotism and always has been especially in sports.

Who said anything about it being hard? They aren't kneeling because it is hard for them to stand. What a silly argument. They are kneeling PRECISELY because of what those things stand for, or are supposed to stand for. You DO know that what those symbols stand for is FAR more important than those symbols themselves right?

This is simply the media cycle of the month. I mean, I guess they have to since there is no Russian angle this month. Pathetic.

*eyeroll* Getting a Trump supporter to admit Trump is to blame for anything is like pulling teeth. The buck never stops with him it seems.
edit on 26-9-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

You do not have kids do you? It is not that easy.

SO it's a loaded question?

You're making a straw man argument. You can't say how other kids are going to act and react.

Get back on topic and stop the prevarications.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

You might want to read this article. Even though it is the NYT it is worth it.

www.nytimes.com...

Don't beleive the media hype.

Lol. Talk about a case of only caring about a source when it confirms your biases.

As far as the other question, I knew you would not make a stand but it also answers my question.

Duh. I told you I wasn't going to answer it the first time you asked.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Funding is based on more than just numbers. For example, standardized tests, an institution that is consistently shown to be biased towards white students, is taken in to account when divying out funding.

By limiting funds to underperforming schools all that is being achieved is creating a vicious cycle of failure. It doesn't make any kind of sense that a school should be expected to pull up their test scores when they are being given less money and resources. How can these inner city school kids be expected to succeed when their classes are excessively overcrowded and their materials limited and out of date?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

A flag more important than a person? Nah, I do not see that. What I do see is a group of people saying one group needs more attention than another. Somehow stating that group of people protesting is better than those who stand and salute the flag. So, logically, it means it is a racist stand for justice, correct?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Standing for the anthem is also specified in the NFL rules.
They are allowing their rules to be broken for some political causes and not others. That's discriminatory, but I guess discrimination is acceptable as long as the politics are agreeable.

edit on 26/9/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Standing for the anthem is also specified in the NFL rules.

No it isn't.

link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Just pointing out the hypocrisy of some on the Right. Maybe not you, but there were plenty that complained about Obama politicizing events. And now they're cheering on Trump for turning every little innocuous thing in to a political sideshow.

I think everybody is getting sick of his utter stupidity and attention-seeking behaviors. It's less than fitting for what was previously a dignified office. Now it's a side-show, A dangerous one, and we'll be lucky to get out of this without a civil war, or world war. He's a sick, dangerous and deranged hustler.

Macbeth and Trump: "For mine own good, all causes shall give way". (Melania runs to bathroom to wash her hands until they bleed.)

link   

Yeah.

I think it's funny how Trump's whole shtick was how bad everything was - he complained incessantly and was offended by so very many things - but one of the things he was offended at was how offended people were, that he couldn't just speak his unfiltered mind without blowback cause PC snowflakes etc.

Yet the faux Fox News generated "War on Christmas" which typifies the "angry right wing voters" is all about BEING OFFENDED.

😂

😶

🙄

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Who wants to take a bet as to which side Trump sides with when Fox News resurfaces its yearly War on Christmas bs?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Who wants to take a bet as to which side Trump sides with when Fox News resurfaces its yearly War on Christmas bs?

I'm hoping we false flag Iran into the mix. Kill two birds with one ornament.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

What's wrong with celebrating Christmas? It's a tradition, and you know damn well which side Trump will take.

Put your post in the prediction forum. lmao

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

actually, that might not be true...

In an email, Brian McCarthy, the NFL’s vice president of communications, shared the portion of the manual that addresses the anthem, and that language is what has been shared on social media but mistakenly attributed to the rulebook.

McCarthy stressed that passage about the national anthem is a guideline and not a requirement. The key words in the operations manual are “should” and “may” and not “must.” No player is required to stand at attention.

That’s why the league has never issued a punishment for a player who didn’t follow the recommendation.

Read more here: www.kansascity.com...=cpy

www.kansascity.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

What's wrong with celebrating Christmas? It's a tradition, and you know damn well which side Trump will take.

Nothing, but the "war on christmas" is a giant strawman that Fox News loves running into the ground on a yearly basis, and you are right I DO know what side he'll take. Fox News'.

Put your post in the prediction forum. lmao

The post was really supposed to rhetorical...

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

So you don't have an issue with closing offices for the month of Ramadan then?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join