It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Irma strengthening in the Atlantic

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I know some say fake news, but the updated information on this page is amazing..

www.cnn.com...

I can't imagine being in Florida, looking at that information and realizing that it's heading my way.

omg

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I know it's nearly impossible to predict as hurricanes have a mind of their own and I've seen them do really odd things like unexpected sharp turns but, it seems as if it's headed somewhere between Marco Island and Everglades City.
Not good news for there to Port Charlotte.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
LIVE HURRICANE IRMA MAKES LANDFALL IN FLORIDA - LIVE STREAM COVERAGE 9/10/17

Live stream featuring other ones.
Mentioned about one showing the flooding in the Keys. Also, Miami is not looking good. Covering SE FL now.
edit on 10-9-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

I am in St. Augustine and the NWS is recording gusts to 48mph. We are getting tropical storm conditions almost 300miles from the eye.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
In about 4 hours Naples is in for a big problem. What would have been nice would have been for Irma to slam into the Everglades, the marshlands acts as a decent buffer, but regretfully it doesn't look that way.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

The crane came crashing down in downtown Miami next to the federal prison in front of the courthouse, WSVN reported. Strong wind gusts ravaging the city could cause more cranes to collapse as Irma marches up the state's west coast.

Seems like the track of the storm is as the worst possible location for Florida...wreaking havoc on both coasts!

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Coty of Miami reporting a collapse?

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: violet

I know what you mean, but it's human nature. Same thing makes people slow down to look at a car wreck on the side of the road.

You might not have hurricanes, but maybe you have earthquakes to contend with. We live on a potentially dangerous planet where natural process can decimate what we have claimed to have won as ours.

Wee puny humans compared to what goes on around us daily.

Wanted to note that on the west coast and NW, we have typoons(hurricanes too).
Though the terrain is different, between the mountainous, higher elevation and trees there's still cases of power outages, down trees and even floods.
Just last year- "Typhoon remnants to blast Pacific Northwest with rain, wind"
Not very much shared on the news outside of the area though. "Songda" was my first direct typhoon(got less impact from those in the Inland NW in the past).

In all, some 16 trillion gallons of rain is forecast to fall on Washington, Oregon and California over the next week, 2 trillion gallons more than fell on the U.S. during Hurricane Matthew, according to WeatherBell meteorologist Ryan Maue.

The Eastern Pacific is the 2nd most active hurricane basin. While more rare hitting the US.

While the storm isn't expected to be tropical in nature by the time it reaches the Pacific Northwest, its impacts could still be similar to that of a hurricane, according to AccuWeather meteorologist Alex Sosnowski. In an online forecast, the National Weather Service refers to the storm's forecasted "landfall" on the Washington coast Saturday evening, as if it were a hurricane.

It was similar to the hurricanes, minus Andrew and tropical storms I had been through in Fl. As mentioned the terrain helped keep some wind at bay. The rain, not so much.

The "highly dangerous" windstorm has the potential to rival the historic Columbus Day Storm, the most powerful storm in Northwest history that left 46 people dead in 1962, according to Seattle meteorologist Cliff Mass.
Source
Luckily it didn't turn out as feared.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
A crane is down in Miami. One live feed person was commenting on about it's hard to believe there would be any trees left in the Keys by now.
Miami beach flooding being shown? From the feed I shared earlier.

Key largo on the live feed right now. Flooding, winds, debris. Saying it's probably not as bad as Marathon.

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: dreamingawake

I am in St. Augustine and the NWS is recording gusts to 48mph. We are getting tropical storm conditions almost 300miles from the eye.

Pretty crazy, this thing is no doubt a monstrosity.

One of my fav cities. Stay safe!

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Brief video of the crane down. Warning F bomb.

edit on 10-9-2017 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
On a lighter note.

Who knew that guns aren't the answer to this one
edit on 10/9/2017 by ProphetZoroaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Reports that downtown Miami is underwater.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
It is hearsay, but I heard Marathon to Cudjoe is completely underwater. If I can verify this, I will post later.

Still no word if the bridges made it, we wont know until the wind subsides.

I just took a walk from my hurricame hole to the Lions Bridge in St. Augustine and it is rough out there. The water is over the sea wall, the police are tryimg to discourage the spectators. We had 1-2' surge predicted, there is probably about 3-4 already.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

A guy named Aydan Child on Periscope was live about 4 hours ago from Marathon. I haven't seen anything since. Jeff Piotrowski mentioned earlier on his stream that he was concerned - hoping for updates.
Aydan Child on Periscope
Jeff Piotrowski on Periscope live now from Naples

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
What's horrifying me on these live streams on the beaches isn't the moron adults walking along... I've seen several sets of people with kids with the wind so strong none of them can stand straight. WTF?!?!

edit on 9/10/2017 by Lilroanie because: oops speelling

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
Reports that downtown Miami is underwater.

Source
Brickell area for those who can't see the video.

Also see:

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Thoughts and prayers for your brother to be safe

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Florida attorney general: Two officers killed.

Florida attorney general Pam Bondi discusses hurricane response, says two law enforcement officials killed in car accident

Source

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ProphetZoroaster
yea that sure sounds like a Pasco county hurricane hobby.

Its still fairly calm in tampa. Im going to do some driving down to bayshore and see how it is right now. People can usually jet ski down the street on normal storms that linger for more than a few days, I can imagine how the storm surge will have it.
edit on 9-10-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Irma's eyewall approaching at approximately 4 p.m. on or near Marco Island, according to several broadcasts.

Thoughts for all in Harm's way.

new topics

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join