It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Irma strengthening in the Atlantic

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Another hurricane in the Atlantic. Too far out yet to know if it will make a US landfall

One to keep an eye on for sure

NOAA discussion
Currently a cat 2 but will be cat 4 in a few days

www.nhc.noaa.gov...
edit on 31-8-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

Trigger happy are we?

Sorry I had to

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

Hmm no I accidentally tapped wrong key . Trying to fix it now
Sorry

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

The forecast is for a cold front, expected next week, to push the storm back in the Atlantic. Therefore the storm should only reach the state of Floridia.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
This image of 15 day projected models is going around, don't have a source for it though

Hopefully it stays clear of the US/ Canada coastlines

Some models show it going through the Gulf of Mexico and hitting Texas again. Too far out to sea to know yet

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
There's about 12 nuclear power plants in the range if it hits landfall below Virginia, triple that if it goes up the coast.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Found this on Youtube. Good information about Irma. www.youtube.com...

I live in Dallas and we are almost completely out of gas here.....gas stations have very long lines, if they still have gas.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

The National Flood Insurance Program is already estimated to be between $23 and $29 BILLION in debt. As one career politician once said, "At this point, what difference does it make"?

I hope it dissipates before making landfall.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

The National Flood Insurance Program is already estimated to be between $23 and $29 BILLION in debt. As one career politician once said, "At this point, what difference does it make"?

I wonder if it's even possible to bail out the flood insurance program at this point. Harvey will add billions more to their liabilities. Do we seriously think Congress will throw 30 or 40 billion dollars at the program, just to keep it from going insolvent?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I predict landfall at Tidewater, VA.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Forecast to move south southwest. That's a bit anomalous. Puts it on a path into the gulf. Or if there's a turn northward Florida and the Mid-Atlantic but it looks to be headed for Mexico at this moment in time.
edit on 8312017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Thanks. That's my house.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

There's only one model in all that that brings it to tidewater.
North carolina is our buffer.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Oooh, snap!
Things really do come in 3's!

Our step granddaughter got married in Punta Cana in July, when there was an uptick of earthquakes. Luckily, the biggest was only a 4.7 just offshore.

Youngest son & daughter-in-law moved to Dallas a year ago. Luckily, they didn't pick Houston!
But I do have an Aunt & four cousins just outside of Houston.

Now, my sister & two nieces are leaving Saturday for two weeks in Florida!!! What are the odds that two major hurricanes would make landfall in such a short time span??? I guess the upside is...they aren't going on a cruise!!! Lol!

WOQ

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
This gives prediction maps and possible paths....but it's really too early to tell.

Climatology is in Irma's favor. We are fast approaching the average peak date of the Atlantic hurricane season (September 10) as well as the seasonal peak of African tropical waves. Moreover, SSTs are above seasonal averages across the entire tropical Atlantic. Irma is more than a week away from any possible U.S. impacts. Bear in mind that, on average, long-range hurricane forecasts beyond 7 days have very little skill when it comes to specific locations and intensities, and much could change in the coming days. The idea is not to take a particular track or strength forecast as gospel at this point, but to be aware that a major hurricane could be approaching North America in the 1- to 2-week time frame.

www.wunderground.com...

Bolded part is mine,.
edit on Thu Aug 31 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: tag added

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Yeah...it is Hurricane Season this time every year. It will never stop. Every year. Over and over. Year after year.

One reason I left MIami was I didnt want to rebuild with the yearly potential of losing (again) everything I had. Family photos, personal items etc....Remember this. IT IS EVERY YEAR.

The season sends the Floridians and Southerners north for the season, and the Northerners south..which is why the hotel prices and flights are cheaper southbound every year this time.

I know a few survivors from Katrina and Mathew STILL rebuilding...and getting out during season.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: wasobservingquietly
I guess the odds come down to its peak hurricane season right now. We just got luckier in the past few years.

Hope your loved ones are safe

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I supposed to fly to the Caribbean on Tuesday so I have my eye on this one. The projections put it right in our path.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe
Agreed, far too early to tell. Might turn north east and stay out of the way.

It's a Cat 3 now

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join