It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Hurricane Irma strengthening in the Atlantic

page: 47
109
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Cudjoe Key is under water. The house pictured is on stilts, at least 8' off the ground.

mobile.twitter.com...




posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Tim Vasquez back on:




posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Meteorologist vs Irma.




posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   


To the Right 60% chance of a Cyclone in 5 days. Up from 40%... Irma Perdiction:




posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry
Please be careful, one of those crane's collapsed and it's not secured and some streets are flooding



posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProphetZoroaster


To the Right 60% chance of a Cyclone in 5 days. Up from 40%... Irma Perdiction:


That new one will be named Lee, whatever becomes of it



posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

Ask yourself this Question , How does the Evaporation of Water Vapor into the Atmosphere effect Global Weather , and is it now Technologically Possible to Artificially Control and Change Weather Patterns by Manipulating it ?

The Answer to that Question , if you Look Hard Enough , will Surprise you .


weatherwar101.com...



posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Here is a live feed




posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet




That new one will be named Lee, whatever becomes of it


It must land on South Carolina.



posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

on the SW FL coast with the passage of #Irma's eye. MOVE AWAY FROM THE WATER! @NWSMiami

NHC



posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Updated: 11:00 AM
Winds: 130 mph Movement: N at 9 mph

Source



posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Jose, it isn't so!



Hurricane Jose could loop around and take another aim at Florida.

Sources



posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone
In about 4 hours Naples is in for a big problem. What would have been nice would have been for Irma to slam into the Everglades, the marshlands acts as a decent buffer, but regretfully it doesn't look that way.



That's impossible though. Can't park a 300mile wide storm in an 80mile wide swamp. Even if the eye centerlined the everglades mouth at the Florida bay, the storm was always going to cover the entire state.

In fact, I think if the eye came into the everglades it had more potential to pick up more warm water since the 'glades is only a few feet deep and heated daily by the sun.

This storm was always going to be bad for all of S.FL. We evac'd to Savannah. Our first plan was Tampa, but that quickly became the less ideal option.



posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The eye is due to Marco Island: Live Feed



posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves


The long long range models last night showed Jose eventually hitting around Norfolk, VA. on Sept 19th. It won't make landfall at that location, but it's looking more likely that somewhere on the East Coast will impacted.



posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
The eye is due to Marco Island: Live Feed


Thanks for that live feed. Everything is still standing and the streets are clear enough for Jeff to drive freely. Not too bad.



posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

The stormsurge, not the eye. If the brunt of the stormsurge was distributed in the Everglades, then the rest of Irma would have had time to weaken while tracking over land. In this case, the more time this thing could have spent over land, the better off everyone is. Just not working out that way.

The upside is that the atmospheric conditions are becoming unfavorable, warm water or not so they're fighting against each other.


edit on 10-9-2017 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   


Live from Naples



posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Florida last hurricane to hit the Naples area was 57 years ago.

Since then the population and developing of the coast of Florida have grown incredible.

I am in southern GA and ready for Irma since it will come my way no as a category 4 or 3 but still with enough power to cause damage.

My son just moved to Tampa 3 weeks ago and had to leave, my daughter is in Panama city and so far is ok.

My family in PR avoided the eye but still got enough wins in the north east to feel the power of Irma.

I hope people in Florida listened to those that knows weather and move to safer grounds.

Stay safe people.



posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone
a reply to: 8675309jenny

The stormsurge, not the eye. If the brunt of the stormsurge was distributed in the Everglades, then the rest of Irma would have had time to weaken while tracking over land. In this case, the more time this thing could have spent over land, the better off everyone is. Just not working out that way.

The upside is that the atmospheric conditions are becoming unfavorable, warm water or not so they're fighting against each other.



Storm surge is like a mini-tsunami isn't it?



new topics

top topics



 
109
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

log in

join