It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Irma strengthening in the Atlantic

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Power out in Key West. I'm surprised the cam is still working and that the power didn't go out sooner.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
This guy is getting on now:

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71
I don't really recall anything about it except that flight. I was only 9 and my mother had just passed. We're we're busy with the funeral and moving back to England from Canada.

I never have asked my dad if it was a scheduled stop in Bamgor or an emergency landing. It was dark, raining I think and so strange not to land in a normal airport but this .hangar thing filled with soldiers. The lightening kept flashing in the sky and we had to descend away from it. So I'm not sure if we just had to make a landing until it passed over.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ProphetZoroaster
Thanks for posting
My power goes out at the slightest breeze.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ProphetZoroaster

Damn, I was watching that when the power went out but the camera kept recording.. put it on hold to come back to. Another one blinked out then..

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   
IRMA has been strengthening since drifting away from Cuba.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   
It's back to a cat 4, 130 mph winds. Major hurricane fore winds are expected to be over the keys at daybreak.
Source

Earlier it was mentioned that the Keys are without power now.
edit on 10-9-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   
For those who want to follow IRMA's hourly trends closely, here is a discussion board that's composed of amateur and professional meteorologists.
forums.accuweather.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Cat 4 now

300,00 without power in Florida, including the keys
Still 70 miles away from key west

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Thanks.

And she's getting stronger. Winds up to almost 170 MPH.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Looks landFall might be tomorrow night in Naples, Sarasota or Tampa .....western Gulf coast
edit on 10-9-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
a reply to: carewemust

Thanks.

And she's getting stronger. Winds up to almost 170 MPH.

Irma's spent most of her life as a CAT-5 hurricane. She has a bias for strength.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Im pimpin trenchfoot preparing for this bitch. I wish i could go in to detail beyond generalizations. Moving mountain in a horror show scene, and thats the situation before the monster (hurricane) is mentioned most thw work in very dark places tonight. Holding a flashlight most the time. Thats fine. Tore up with sandspurs no time to stop and pick em out. Thats fine. Get so lit up with some kind of stings, wicked pain, so acute the effects i seriously thought it was a black widow.... The pain wasnt the problem. My hand swelling up over it hindering the apex of days of work now thats intolerable.

👺

edit on 10-9-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Add to your analysis...If Irma doesn't start moving faster than 6mph, 15-20 inches of rain will fall on the southern half of Florida.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I have an aunt and uncle who live in Bradenton.

My mom finally got word from them earlier this evening, they made it to Orlando and are hunkering down at a friend's house until it's safe to go back. They have no idea what's going to end up happening to their home and business and whether or not the buildings are going to still be there in 24 hours. They don't even know how many of their neighbours made it out of Dodge or where any of them may be at.

They say it's chaotic pandemonium everywhere right now... no gas, no food, no nothing... just chaos and confusion.

But at least my aunt and uncle are safe and sound for the time being and not stuck in their car on some damn highway somewhere.

Fingers crossed for everyone in the path of this thing.

There's a good possibility that Irma may work its way back up to a Cat 5 before she finishes her job.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Im just bouncing from south bay to tampa, but block hpuse with stone roof. Meant to be there now, but 5 hours of swollen hand ruined the scheme. Days spent shredding sveral semi truck loads of tools inventory tech down to one pickupload, bracing this ghoulish property thebest could be hoped for, while inventing a anchor setup to hook this mobile steel buildibg to the ground, and managing with basically no money... Is was all set to be rolling out. Mentally prepared to lose wjat i just cant describe. Nope stuxk here will be wet hitting that last few houra of apex o had lined up. If my steel building actually survives then the ridiculous equipment in the shoddy ass barn out there well it wont but whatever at this point. If i could tell you what this property already took from me youbwouldnt believe it, that i still exist to mention it. I could just get blown away with all of this, but the film ive been preparing for most of my adult life and finally enacted again full scale about 6 weeks ago, well it aint done yet so soldier on i must. Honestly for 2 years ive endured a slow category 6 hurricane, that no work ethic could have surpased. I seek not sympathy for that. Im just half lit and irriated especially since knowingthis hurricane game i just demolished the order i did have around here, my film thrust wickedly obfuscated, and watch it ends up being being lackluster now that ive chonped down and mentally prepared for the worst.

👹
edit on 10-9-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

We are going to be okay. God has got this.

He didn't have it for those that have already died, did he? Why are you so special?

This so called god caused this... if god could 'have this' then he'd just stop it in it's tracks.

There is NO god. just mother nature, and you're not special.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge
Glad your aunt & uncle are in a safe place. I can't imagine having to worry about your home being gone and how do you choose what to take out if it?

It's moving so slow 6 mph, I think it might strengthen to cat 5 as well. It can still shift and move one way or another too.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

There could be a 'god', but it is a psychopath. Just like all of our politicians, while if it is merely 'mother nature', well she is one too.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

If the poster finds comfort in that thought why be a goof about it?

I hope everyone get's through it ok.

new topics

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join