It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Has Apparently Launched A Missile Over Japan

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: 2012newstart
WW3 is coming soon

soon, maybe.

coming, definitely.

(post by Mousygretchen removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

who, me?

well that was odd. anyway......
edit on 30 8 2017 by RoScoLaz5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
It seems some people think I am pro-war against NK. I am not, not in the least. I said they are driving the narrative. I also said the U.S. CAN'T attack them. It simply can't be allowed, too many lives would be lost. The only way the U.S. can actively launch an attack is if NK attacks the U.S. in some way, and takes U.S. lives. I said before.. the ones that should be concerned about missiles over Japan.. should be Japan. Not the United States.

In NO way should the U.S. engage NK. Sanctions do eventually work if they are 1. harsh enough and 2. the countries involved actually honor the sanctions. If China and Russia ignore their promise to honor a sanction, it doesn't do much good. But as long as they do honor it, they will have an impact. And that takes time. So in the meantime, the U.S. can do nothing, and should not do anything.

As far as driving the narrative - there is an actual red line (not a Trump line), that once crossed, will have to responded to. But that line hasn't been crossed, and the U.S. needs to simply continue supporting SK, support sanctions, and not much else.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit It simply can't be allowed, too many lives would be lost.

sadly, (and somewhat tinfoil-hattedly to many), i believe that an enormous thinning of the herd is precisely what is wanted by - dare i say it? - 'them'. those that move the pieces in the game of chess in which we are but pawns. emotion and humanity don't even figure in their equations and plans.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I hear that a lot, but it makes no sense. "Them" if they even exist, want what.. power? What gives power.. money? What gives money.. lots and lots of sheep to fleece. It's not as if "them" has to fight these populations for land, money, or anything. What would the point of killing innocent people? I don't buy the "they are just evil and want to kill people" reasoning. And in this case, why would "they" want to kill South and North Koreans, predominantly? It's not as if there is a massive overpopulation or issue with either country.

No.. I think this is just Kim prodding and poking, and hopefully he won't poke too hard, and the sanctions will kick in to apply some hurt to pressure points, and they will back off on their programs and rhetoric. Wait and see.. not much else we can do.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

in the final analysis your guess is as good as mine

and i agree wholeheartedly with your words; "and hopefully he won't poke too hard, and the sanctions will kick in to apply some hurt to pressure points, and they will back off on their programs and rhetoric."

we'll all just have to wait it out together.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
No.. I think this is just Kim prodding and poking, and hopefully he won't poke too hard, and the sanctions will kick in to apply some hurt to pressure points, and they will back off on their programs and rhetoric. Wait and see.. not much else we can do.

It's kind of odd that the US didnt do something they could have done... Just say "We are fully commited to protecting our allies but we're not going to hold any joint training exercises with SK at this time due to tensions on the Korean peninsula.". Why not? US could have thrown a bone in Kims face and watched the result.

But granted it really is up to him. I am constantly amazed that he doesnt seem to realize that the US *doesnt care* about dictators if they dont have anything precious to them. Not one bit. They can be the worst kind of human scum in the world commiting crimes against humanity on a daily basis and US *still wouldnt care*. Kim could literally eat the cake and have it too if he just tossed those nukes and focused on petty domination of his own country instead of threatening everyone else. It's not like he need nukes as a detterant - US cant move in that region without stepping on both Chinas and Russias toes. But Kim seems intent on pissing off everyone.

This really makes me question his endgame. Because when you think about it... they're going to war. There's really no doubt about it.
edit on 30-8-2017 by merka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: merka

Kim dosent care because he knows that China and Russia particular will not let the US have NK.at any cost.

There is no way the US will be allowed to attack or take NK in anyway. Russia and Chine will step in. Russia have already proven that they will step up to the US..... Russia will fight the US if the US cross the Russian line. Russia did not show any fear of the US in Syria or in Ukrane......non at all.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Last time it was off a Japanese island but in two days US and Japan reported it off 120 miles off Japans coast.

In ww2 8-10k bomb balloons were secret until what the year 2000 ??

Keep that in mind. While msny thingz happen we never learn but get to play conspiracy guesding games whike getting oursekves on DHD dossier lists and becomi g targetd.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
Looks like a stress test for Trump, considering the circumstances.

If it's just a test, such a serious test.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: merka

I agree with most of this. I don't see us losing anything by easing back on the joint training exercises with SK for a short time at this point. I'm sure they are still beneficial. But by now we surely have everything dialed in well. It would certainly help us on the "moral high ground" front.

I'm sure Kim can paint it as a propaganda win if we held off on exercises for a bit, but honestly they do that for everything anyway.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: pompel9

Time for that old treaty to be shredded. Japan is a wealthy Nation that can and has the willingness to take care of itself.

Then UN has to allow Japan to arm themselves, I doubt they will.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: pompel9

Time for that old treaty to be shredded. Japan is a wealthy Nation that can and has the willingness to take care of itself.

Japan is armed. Their military is just unofficial. If it were official it would be the 5th strongest military in the world.

The fact that it's not official is due to national policy, it has nothing to do with the UN.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: pompel9

Japan is armed. Their military is just unofficial. If it were official it would be the 5th strongest military in the world.

The fact that it's not official is due to national policy, it has nothing to do with the UN.

Living here and teaching English conversation to some of the Japanese military children, I can say that the Japanese military with the US help can take out North Korea, but they won't. Why, even they ( the kids parents won't tell me).

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Their military is official. It's just geared for defensive, not offensive operations. That's starting to change though. They've recently allowed the export of finished military equipment and are working on sales of several systems to other countries.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

...and it's top of the line. From rifles to MBT's to everything in between...others may equal the quality, but few if any surpass it.

Defeating North Korea is not something Japan wants to do... It would, and maybe should, awaken over a century of memories, few of them good. Something no one wants.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The US and NATO are not able to attack North Korea and neither will be at any time in the future. So I would cool down EU's "hopes" for war very quickly.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Flanker86

Considering that NATO has nothing to do with the Pacific, just another post making ridiculous claims.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Tuesday November 28, 2017

Since we have more than enough "North Korea fires ballistic missile" threads, I'll just add this here...

Another one fired today...

North Korea fired an unidentified ballistic missile on Wednesday, a U.S. official confirmed to Fox News.

South Korea's Yonhap News Agency, who first reported the launch, said the missile "flew eastward," according to South Korean military officials. The missile launch happened around 3 a.m. local time.

Japan's Prime Minister's Office for disaster and crisis management information tweeted shortly after the report: "North Korea launched a missile that has the possibility of arriving in the exclusive economic zone (EEZ) of our country."
Source: www.foxnews.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join