It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Has Apparently Launched A Missile Over Japan

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Zimnydran

I agree, it seems war is the only thing that teaches people how to respect each other.

Without war people get so bored they just start doing stupid ass #.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

The problem is, the US doesn't want to invade. There is no benefit to us in doing so. It will create 50 million civilian deaths, cost us thousands of soldiers, cost untold trillions of dollars, and put us in charge of an area that hates us, and has no functioning economy or means to support themselves.

Why does something about this seem eerily familiar?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: cnoland

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Aazadan

No it's not. If it was above the space line, which it was going by those numbers, then it never entered Japanese airspace.

I wasn't aware it was that high. In that case, I'm even more sure that no one will be doing anything about this.

As I posted earlier in the thread, the missile passed over Japan at an altitude of 300-350 miles. How HIGH does the borders of Earth's countries extend? 100 miles...200 miles? Is there a globally agreed upon upper limit?

350 miles above earth? Got a source because I seriously doubt this is true??

Why? That's what ballistic missiles do. They rise above the atmosphere. Anyway, here's one source, as requested..
www.bbc.com...
As you see in the comments, the 342 miles of altitude was lower than most of North Korea's ballistic missile tests.

The reason I question it is because of how hard the media and america in general are working to discredit his abilities yet here we see a successful ballistic missile that flew for 40 mins at this altitude.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Zimnydran

So...

“The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise.”

... let's send them to their deaths in some manufactured war, rather than just be accepting of people. After all, what better way to learn them than make them have horrific experiences that will scar them (the ones that live) for the rest of their lives.

The world is not the one I remember from when I was young, so let's destroy it.

Good.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
So much for the "They will be met with fire, fury the likes of which this world has never seen before.....and frankly power"..... Lots and lots of power with smatterings of fire and fury.

Yeah Donald we get it..Cross this line, You die.....Steps back.....Cross THIS line, you die.

Once again I would like to bring up a cartoon that highlights what we both agree on....the proverbial red line. Bugs = President Trump. Yosemite Sam = Kim Jong Un:

How can the world take us seriously if we keep giving ultimatums but never carry them out? Kinda like telling a kid that's acting up "don't misbehave or else" but the "or else" never comes.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

As I posted earlier in the thread, the missile passed over Japan at an altitude of 300-350 miles. How HIGH does the borders of Earth's countries extend? 100 miles...200 miles? Is there a globally agreed upon upper limit?

For most countries it's recognized at 62 miles.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

Maybe we shouldn't be giving ultimatums...

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

That's easy.. the CIA can "take out" Kim Jong.

Given his security it's not that easy. What makes you think we haven't been trying to assassinate him for years?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: puzzlesphere

Agreed. Trump shouldn't give any if he doesn't intend to follow through. It makes us look weak. It makes Trump look like a toothless paper tiger. It gives Kim the upper hand. Kind of like a child who is constantly told "or else" but the "or else" never comes, so they keep acting up.

Only difference with Kim, he's got lots of WMD's...not just nukes either.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Pretty sure thats exactly what US should be doing is pressuring China to slap down the little SOB. If not remove him nice and quietly.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Yes, it is top of the page on The Guardian. The Guardian are assuming the official pose that they do when this happens and stop being neo-liberals, so it must now be serious, lol.

I am wondering why all sides are pushing at this? Have things become too much of a social and economic mess that they need to impose the order of death upon us once more?

I've no trust in authority, especially when I see they are fanning the flames deliberately. If a war happened it could be huge as many of us know. It will not be a skirmish like the last Korean War. It will make Vietnam look like a gang fight.

For a fact I know they have used war to solve certain problems and to further economic and geographical asset gaining. The globalists are stunted. There is no give in Russia, no give in China, Iran are proving a crafty independence and a powerful threat to Israel. There is a lot to play for and if it solves certain issues of unruly populations becoming a bit too self autonomous and anti authority (nothing like a shouting Sergeant and threats of court martial to keep the masses in line with rationing of resources and plain uniform), then who knows?

The West will force the issue. They will keep imposing ever more hurtful sanctions. That will either force North Korea to a desperate act or a coup on Kim. A desperate act will meet with a swift military response by the U.S for sure. Last time China and Russia sent masses of troops to North Korea's aid. World Wars are still a very real threat to us all. Instability is creeping up on us. I feel I live in a world that is getting more unstable by the day.

China need to play a tough hand with North Korea. I think they could shut him up just like that if they wanted to. Why are they not doing that? Why are they letting him push his luck? I'll be watching China's responses more than Lil Kim's.

edit on 29-8-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

The man who sold the moon taught me anything above a piece of land to infinity is theirs. Land wise. They had to buy property all over the world that the moon was directly above in order to own the moon. According to UN treaties and laws. Just my 2cents

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Actually it's not a matter of making a case that It's an act of war... It is in fact a black letter law act of war even before japan etc publicly and very bluntly said that any such test would indeed be treated as an act of war and likely trigger military action...

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
This is ballsy on them in many ways. Knowing their failure history, the missile could have accidentally hit Japan.

But I'm sure that they were prepared for that, even hoping for that possibly.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune

According to YonHap, PM Abe of Japan and President Trump held an urgent discussion by phone about today's missile launch.

Source

There is no article at this link. Just a one-line mention. At the top of the page it also says that SK and the US will bring this up before the UN Security Council.

Bringing it before the UN Security Council doesn't mean much. Russia is going to veto anything, and even if they don't, it's highly unlikely that action will be authorized. The UN is rather toothless, and as I said before... SK doesn't want to solve this situation with military when that will kill 70% of their population.

Today's launch was provocative, and now they're saying that NK is about to conduct another nuke test. I agree that the UN is toothless, but I am concerned that the U.S. is as well, given that nothing but sanctions have been used thus far.

The last thing we need at this time (or any other for that matter, but especially now) is war at the same time as Hurricane Harvey and its aftermath. Perhaps this is why Kim ordered the launch and upcoming nuke test?

And what rational actions do you want the US to take? Military is out, there's nothing left to sanction, there's no diplomatic ties to pressure, and they have no economy to attack.

Military, diplomatic, and economic are the three ways the US can exert force, we have no leverage with NK to use any of them.

That's easy.. the CIA can "take out" Kim Jong.

It seems to me that the CIA would have taken Kim out by now. I don't think they have any intention of doing so.

In a situation like this I have to imagine that a CIA hit and unilateral military action against NK are on the same tier, that tier being last resort. If the CIA takes Kim out then the US has to deal with the fallout from China (no pun intended), same as military action.

At this point its a question of what comes first. China agreeing that its time to "take Kim out" or Kim commiting an act of war.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

edit on 29-8-2017 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Agreed. Trump shouldn't give any if he doesn't intend to follow through.

There has to be a joke in there somewhere. ?
edit on 29-8-2017 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: VariableConstant

indeed. " Gooood morning North Korea!!"

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Just a thought, but maybe something "quiet" like a few nk submarines suddenly disappearing might give the nutcase something to think about. Say 5 subs lost "accidentally" may calm him down.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Agreed. Trump shouldn't give any if he doesn't intend to follow through. It makes us look weak. It makes Trump look like a toothless paper tiger. It gives Kim the upper hand. Kind of like a child who is constantly told "or else" but the "or else" never comes, so they keep acting up.

Only difference with Kim, he's got lots of WMD's...not just nukes either.

While I agree with the Trump sentiment (he is a blowhard however, and prone to exaggeration), you seem keen on the U.S. attacking NK. The truth is that it just can't happen. Unless NK starts it.. the U.S. can't endanger SK and millions of people (and allies) by attacking NK. China has made it clear they support NK if we attack first.

How would you suggest they go about attacking NK without getting the capital city of SK bombarded by artillery? Or without causing a war with China?

The hands of the U.S. are tied. It's obvious that Kim is not just a crazy loon.. he is calculating, and is trying to prod and poke the U.S. into reacting. They can't take that bait. While I think he is prone to wicked deeds because that is what he grew up with and learned, but I don't think he is crazy as described. He may be rather delusional about the state of the world, and his countries role in that world, but that is something else.

Also you keep saying sanctions don't work. They absolutely work. They take time however. A years worth of trade takes you know.. a year. : )

So they will only feel a pinch after a month. And a bit more after 2. After 6 months they'll start to feel it. After a year they will -really- start to feel it. The harsher sanctions were only recently enacted. It will take time before that pinch is felt. Once they do feel the effects, they can either react poorly and enact further sanctions, or wise up.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join