It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Has Apparently Launched A Missile Over Japan

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: theantediluvian

Uh oh. Wonder if this is what will cross the line and spur some kind of action?

Yah, That Asian 'Pivot'? The one where we attack Korea and occupy the whole Peninsula? Now the distance carriers must standoff to accomplish that task is increased to maximum range.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ShadowLink

Yes, he did.

God, I hate saying this, but this escalation can not go unanswered.

Not sure it requires a war, per-say, though that is what would happen in the aftermath of an airstrike of any sort.

I surely do hope South Korea is buttoning up tight. Gotta contact my friends, though at the moment, they're probably busy.

OK, I'd give a lot to be a fly on the wall of in some of these govt. buildings right now... Not too sure, but I think freakin' out would be a good description. Along with "why is he this stupid?"...

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

We need eyes in the sky over NK pronto.

Japan is a block away but South Korea is next door, If a missile was launched at Japan there would be a slight chance of intercepting it, but the south? no chance. I think it's time to go to DEFCON 3 and for those who aren't familiar with the DEFCON system or have been fooled by Hollywood science the lower the number the greater the threat. DEFCON 3 is suitable as there is a tangible threat, if it 'elevates' to DEFCON 2 then the S might H the F due to the massive deployment of navy and air support that might be deployed and lil kim won't like that.

I'd be planning surgical strikes as we speak to avoid DEFCON 2, none of this 'fire and fury' rhetoric, pick out the valued targets and nail them if push comes to shove.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
While action should be taken, it should be taken by Japan, not the U.S. If they had fired a missile over the United States.. then sure, we could take action.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Well the countdown to North Korea war which may or may not happen but blame it on Trump anyways after Bill Clinton gave them gifts of nuclear weapons is coming.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
At this stage of the game, missiles have to be shot down. You got to send a clear warning to Kim and regime to stop. Sanctions don't work. A war will be devastating for both sides, but the longer you just sit back, the stronger NK will be in the future. There missile program is only going to be better not worse.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
While action should be taken, it should be taken by Japan, not the U.S. If they had fired a missile over the United States.. then sure, we could take action.

With what? They are still demilitarised, they have been since WWII.

USA has a treaty with Japan, Japan will not arm themselves and USA will protect them.

So you are for abandoning your this treaty and your ally?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: pompel9

Time for that old treaty to be shredded. Japan is a wealthy Nation that can and has the willingness to take care of itself.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: pompel9

USA has a treaty with Japan, Japan will not arm themselves and USA will protect them.

That's only partially true. Japan has the SDF, which has limited ability to reach beyond Japan's borders, but they technically have one of the most advanced defensive militaries in the world.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: pompel9

If the US attack NK without being attacked first. The US will have a bigger problem then just fighting NK.

If the US have a pact With Japan to protect them i Guess this show Japan how capable the US really are..... since the US did not bring Down this missile.

I had to smile when i read that SK today have done training runs With their F15s to take out NK leadership within NK.
One should Wonder what kind of Intell SK are getting from the US if they think that would be possible.

NK actually have a pritty capable air defence system...believe it or not. Even the B1Bs should be worried.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

They were preparing for that time ago.

The changes would allow Japanese troops to fight abroad for the first time since World War Two.
The legislation has already been passed by Japan's lower house and is expected to be endorsed by the upper chamber.
Under its constitution, Japan is barred from using force to resolve conflicts except in cases of self-defence.
But a reinterpretation of the law will now allow "collective self-defence" - using force to defend allies under attack.

source

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
This makes me wonder if he'll do this again. It would be a shame if a missile "malfunctioned" and "accidentally" fell on Japan, while heading out to sea.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: residentofearth

Ya, it's been a point of contention in Japanese politics for years, at least a decade that I'm aware of. The lack of a military due to the WW2 treaty has passed. Japan doesn't maintain an official standing army out of a sense of national identity. There's not actually treaties with other nations barring them from having one. It's basically this loophole that has allowed the SDF to become what it has.

I think that eventually they'll get around to building an army again, and they'll be a major military power when they do.
edit on 29-8-2017 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Kim and his country will cease to exist 10 minutes after he hits anyone with a missile. Fat boy knows this, he is just seeing what he can get away with and keeping himself in the limelight. I am really pretty sure that any time now one of his soldiers is going to park a round in his brain pan. Hungry people tend to get unruly.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011

Kim and his country will cease to exist 10 minutes after he hits anyone with a missile. Fat boy knows this, he is just seeing what he can get away with and keeping himself in the limelight. I am really pretty sure that any time now one of his soldiers is going to park a round in his brain pan. Hungry people tend to get unruly.

I am pritty sure all NK knows why they are starving.... And that it has nothing to do With the sanctions we have put on them. Come on, dont you know how politics work?

Do you really think the peopel of NK are just hoping for a US attack as soon as possible. Do you really think the People of NK think they are being held hostage by Kimmy? If you think so i Guess you dont know how politics work.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
This is breaking so fast that it sounds like the missile might still be in there air. The first to announce it appears to be South Korea.

AP on Twitter:

BREAKING: South Korean news agency says North Korea has fired an unidentified missile.
5:23 PM - 28 Aug 2017

Looking for the Tweet from Japan.

EDIT:
Fox News - North Korea fires unidentified missile, reports say

North Korea fired an unidentified missile into the East Sea, South Korean media said on Monday.

South Korea's military said the missile was fired from Pyongyang and that it passed over Japan.

Published August 28, 2017
Fox News

This image made from video aired by North Korea's KRT on Saturday, Aug. 26, 2017, shows a photo of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, second right, speaks with officials during what Korean Central News Agency called a "target=striking contest" at unknown location in North Korea. (KRT via AP Video)

This image made from video aired by North Korea's KRT on Saturday, Aug. 26, 2017, shows a photo of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, second right, speaks with officials during what Korean Central News Agency called a "target=striking contest" at unknown location in North Korea. (KRT via AP Video)

North Korea fired an unidentified missile into the East Sea, South Korean media said on Monday.

South Korea's military said the missile was fired from Pyongyang and that it passed over Japan.

The move comes after North Korea fired three short-range missiles on Saturday -- all successful -- despite initial reports suggesting failure, according to the U.S. military.

Seoul's Joint Chiefs of Staff said the projectiles fired during the weekend from the North's eastern coast flew about 155 miles.

I mentioned this in an older post, but I'll say it again. Since I live here (Japan) and know that nothing will be done (not yet anyway) and with over 200 American traitors living in North Korea ( by the way, today is their last day to leave NK, if they don't , the US and its citizens will say to them "fk off" traitors. Anyway, since I know the US State Dept. reads all these types of threads, here is the fk'n truth.

1. NK will develop the missiles to hit territories of US interest.

OK, the State Dept knows this.
The big question is, what the fk are they going to do about, as of today, NOT ONE FK'N THING and there is a reason for it, to which, I think the US State Dept. currently does not have an answer, and attacking them on "trial missiles testing" is not going to be in the US interest (remember the international community really wants to "hang " the Bushes for genocide, and since our President has "business " interest worldwide, he is not about to push the "war button".

2. NK 's plan is to have this:
a. a nuke pointed at Seoul
b. a nuke pointed at Kadena Air Base
c. a nuke pointed at Guam Air Base
d. a nuke pointed at Travis Air Base (The host unit at Travis AFB is the 60th Air Mobility Wing. The 60th AMW is the largest wing in the Air Force's Air Mobility Command, with a versatile fleet of C-5 Galaxies, KC-10 Extenders, and C-17 Globemaster III aircraft.)
e. a nuke pointed at Iwakuni, Japan

Until they accomplish this, what will continue to happen will just happen and people will finally believe what Trump has just said "all talks are on the table for now".

Sorry, but unless NK attacks first, NO ONE including the US or Japan would dare to attack NK at this time and in the future.

But, there is always another way to bring down a rouge nation

And that way WILL Be the demise of its current leader.

Please, America, do not attack NK, if you must, please remember that you have been warned here, so if you want to attack with arms, you better get off your chairs at the table and pick up that machine gun quickly. NK HAS A NATIONAL RIGHT TO DEFEND ITSELF, JUST LIKE ALL OTHER NATIONS.
edit on 0800000009252017-08-29T17:25:09-05:00250908pm5 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
North Korea just announced the missile was directed at Guam not Japan. Was a demonstration they can hit US troops there.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: residentofearth

Ya, it's been a point of contention in Japanese politics for years, at least a decade that I'm aware of. The lack of a military due to the WW2 treaty has passed. Japan doesn't maintain an official standing army out of a sense of national identity. There's not actually treaties with other nations barring them from having one. It's basically this loophole that has allowed the SDF to become what it has.

I think that eventually they'll get around to building an army again, and they'll be a major military power when they do.

Apparently you've haven't seen what has happened to the new generation of kids here. They are more (the boys) are more worried about finding the next set of earrings to please their mate. The softning of the Japanese male is not really going so well with the SDF according to someone I know in the Japanese coastguard. What they do these days is go to the high schools and invite them for a summer tour of bootcamps. It helps recruitment but they need about 50000 more men in the SDF. Although Japan is probably ranked I think 5th with a modern military, personal numbers need to be increased.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Get this war going and get these useless millennials the hell off the streets protesting how crappy it is to live in America... they just might come home seeing things with new eyes

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Hilarious how CNN has journalist in Pyongyang when they are told what to say or they would arrest them and kill them or stick them in jail.
If a war breaks out which I highly doubt it will right now,North Korea will kill the U.S. journalist and blame it on the U.S.
edit on 29-8-2017 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join