It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Has Apparently Launched A Missile Over Japan

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

originally posted by: openminded2011
a reply to: theantediluvian

Kim and his country will cease to exist 10 minutes after he hits anyone with a missile. Fat boy knows this, he is just seeing what he can get away with and keeping himself in the limelight. I am really pretty sure that any time now one of his soldiers is going to park a round in his brain pan. Hungry people tend to get unruly.

I am sorry if you misunderstood me, I never meant to imply this has anything to do with the sanctions. It has to do with a lunatic running their country and, things not looking like they will get any better. At some point someone around him is going to make a mental calculation that their country is better off without him than with him and Kim will be playing a harp. If they let you play a harp down there.

I am pritty sure all NK knows why they are starving.... And that it has nothing to do With the sanctions we have put on them. Come on, dont you know how politics work?

Do you really think the peopel of NK are just hoping for a US attack as soon as possible. Do you really think the People of NK think they are being held hostage by Kimmy? If you think so i Guess you dont know how politics work.

I am sorry if you misunderstood me, I never meant to imply this has anything to do with the sanctions. It has to do with a lunatic running their country and, things not looking like they will get any better. At some point someone around him who can get to him is going to make a mental calculation that their country is better off without him than with him and shortly after Kim will be playing a harp. If they let you play a harp down there. Nothing to do with politics, just human nature and the will to survive.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   

NK HAS A NATIONAL RIGHT TO DEFEND ITSELF, JUST LIKE ALL OTHER NATIONS.

Why do people keep bleating this? Who is attacking them? Do you seriously think, even for a moment, that the U.S. would invade NK without provocation? While the U.S., like most nations with power, are hardly blood-free, there is nothing in Korea worth invading for. Nothing to risk the wrath of China, a huge trade partner with the United States. SK has no intention of invading.. a unified Korea would cost them trillions. It's simply not worth it. NO ONE has any intention of occupying NK. The world knows it. NK knows it. Or they should.

Firing missiles against international law into commercial air and waters is not defending themselves. Threatening to nuke another country is not self defense. Threatening to fire missiles at Guam is not self defense. Why people take the side of Kim.. a known merciless thug, who is involved in all sorts of illicit crimes to help fund his passions and goals boggles the mind.

Who is defending them? Name ONE COUNTRY other than themselves, that defends their actions. Russia? Nope. China? Nope again. If their biggest trade partner doesn't back them up, you know they are doing something wrong. So stop playing the "oh poor woe is us!" NK pity card. They are driving the entire narrative. They are propagating the aggression. No one said they can't defend themselves. They have only said they can't have nukes. Which NK WILLINGLY AGREED TO. But then decided that it wasn't in their best interest. Has the U.S. or any other country tried to stop them from stockpiling other munitions and ballistic missiles, even at the detriment of their own nation? Nope again.

I get so tired of people defending terrorist leaders and dictators who treat their people like garbage and threaten the U.S. - they only defend them because they hate the U.S. so much, that apparently, even a dictator who kills his own family, orders executions in playgrounds, favors the few social elite to the detriment of all their citizens, is a better option to support. As long as you can hate the U.S., any stance is a good one huh?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
The real reason no one will be willing to attack NK is that the very second such an attack seems imminent, NK will launch a hail of conventional artillery into SK. KJU *would* do this. No one with any economic interest in the region wants that.

IMO, the best way to deal with this might be to try to sereptitiously appeal to a more stable, less authoritarian member of the regime and help them to finance and plan a conspiracy to overthrow KJU.

Yeah, easier written than done, I know. But there is no way anyone would be fool enough to sign the death warrant of 10-30 k SK (maybe more) and destabilize the entire region.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

I have a damn good idea of what will happen if there's a war, and how many people will die. And I'm not talking military people. South Korea, at least to Seoul is going to be a wasteland. Japan will get hurt bad too. I would rather not see that thanks.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrBadExample
The real reason no one will be willing to attack NK is that the very second such an attack seems imminent, NK will launch a hail of conventional artillery into SK. KJU *would* do this. No one with any economic interest in the region wants that.

IMO, the best way to deal with this might be to try to sereptitiously appeal to a more stable, less authoritarian member of the regime and help them to finance and plan a conspiracy to overthrow KJU.

Yeah, easier written than done, I know. But there is no way anyone would be fool enough to sign the death warrant of 10-30 k SK (maybe more) and destabilize the entire region.

If we strike it will be all out, leaving NO chance for retaliation. It's the only option and our horrible president would do it. Not little surgical strikes at missile sites or govt targets, but everywhere and everything.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: CajunMetal

North Korea has thousands of artillery pieces and rockets that are dug into the sides of mountains, and vehicles and weapons in tunnels around the DMZ. There is no chance in hell of them not being able to retaliate and hammer South Korea. It's simply not possible, even with a first strike.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

So how many dead Koreans, on both sides of the DMZ, is acceptable? How many Japanese? Or if the North Koreans have the capability to reach Anchorage, or Hawaii, or, even, California and the west coast--how many Americans dead are acceptable?

We aren't talking about conventional war here, we're talking nuclear weapons. We're talking about thousands of artillery pieces aimed at downtown Seoul, missiles that will be able to reach Japan.

All because he lobbed a missile into the sea. Come talk to me when he actually does something to harm someone.

You're way, way too willing to spend lives that aren't yours to spend. So, I'll ask it, again, how many lives are acceptable to soothe your ego?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: CajunMetal

Do that and the retaliation from China would be devastating.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

There's been news in the past few hours about NK upping their threats against Guam. This missile test was apparently an extension of Kim's earlier threats to strike the island.

It said the launch was in direct response to joint US-South Korean military drills which are currently taking place, as well as to mark the anniversary of the Japan-Korea treaty of 1910, which saw Japanese forces annex the Korean peninsula.

KCNA, quoting leader Kim Jong-un, said that, "like a real war", the latest drill was "the first step of the military operation of the KPA [Korean People's Army] in the Pacific and a meaningful prelude to containing Guam".
BBC link

I wonder if Kim's pride was pricked by recent WH comments about him winding his neck in?

He's a frustrating man who seems to want to gamble his life and nation by provoking a war he can't win. What's even worse for him is North Koreans might have a revolution if they ever truly discover what he and his regime have taken from them. If Pyongyang is blitzed I can see the military suppression of its people faltering and, hopefully, an uprising taking place. Failing that, there could be a flood of people defecting to SK if the borders lose security.

Incidentally, I'm intrigued by the levels of education rural North Koreans have. Literacy is supposed to be 100% for all 15 year olds, but is that a propaganda claim? On one hand, rural NK is described as a subsistence economy with almost zero technology and an almost penal agricultural workforce. On the other, Pyongyang (and CIA Factbook) boast about these high literacy levels.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

It's cold war brinksmanship, Kan. Only without the Red Phone that the two heads of state could call and say "We're not destroying each other today.".

I don't think the fat little midget is actually intent upon getting himself killed. He thinks that the world will, again, back down.

What the world needs to do, is stare him down. It's just like a school yard bully writ large. Unfortunately, this schoolyard bully has nukes, and the ability to smash a city of several million into rubble.

We brace him, but he's got to throw the first punch.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Odds are you're right because we're all still here and the NKs have been doing this crap for decades. Probability says he'll be pushing his luck still next year and next year.

Nevertheless, it feels very much closer to trouble this time around. I'm glad half of America is still sleeping so the 'Nuke 'em' posts haven't flooded in yet lol

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Yeah, it's 1:00 am here on the West Coast...the smart ones are asleep--what's that say about me--or at the least counting sheep.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phonixfromtheashes
Ok North korea need dealing with.

Seeing as how unreliable and prone to problems North Korean missles are, this is reckless and dangrous.

You having a laugh...

The illlegal occupation in Iraq, then Afganistan, then libya and now Sryia has caused far more death and damage than one little missle.

Get a grip..

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   
It bothers me that the US are allowed to do all this on behalf of SK and Japan. There are only two agressors here, and that is the US and NK. If SK and Japan are so scared of a NK attack... why do they let the US Challenge Kimmy like this.

There will be Three loosers if a war breaks out, and it is not the US. The US have nothing to loose, and should be told to stay out of this mess they are helping to escalate With NK.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   

I bothers me that the US are allowed to do all this on behalf of SK and Japan. There are only two agressors here, and that is the US and NK. If SK and Japan are so scared of a NK attack... why do they let the US Challenge Kimmy like this.

There will be Three loosers if a war breaks out, and it is not the US. The US have nothing to loose, and should be told to stay out of this mess they are helping to escalate With NK.

Even a basic read up on the korean war and the aftermath should explain why the us is involved.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: kamatty

I bothers me that the US are allowed to do all this on behalf of SK and Japan. There are only two agressors here, and that is the US and NK. If SK and Japan are so scared of a NK attack... why do they let the US Challenge Kimmy like this.

Even a basic read up on the korean war and the aftermath should explain why the us is involved.

Yeah, and that should probably scare all of us. Because NK is not on their own in that case.

If the US provoke NK to attack them do to the US agressive behaviour, Russia and China are going to step in.

Then this mess will be a lot more complicated and dangures then ever.

If you are for a world war dont cry fro it to end. Becasue its to late then.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

God, I hate saying this, but this escalation can not go unanswered.

OMG, some piss ant country shot a missile into the sea. Those dirty lil Kimians, how dare they develop a nuclear deterrent like all the Super powers to protect themselves from superpowers.

edit on 30-8-2017 by intrptr because: change

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

If the US provoke NK to attack them do to the US agressive behaviour, Russia and China are going to step in.

Maybe thats what they want, for the the us to open another front. Another low level, unwindable conflict to add to all the others, further draining US resources and building debt.

That was Hitlers mistake, he opened too many fronts, took over too many countries. Empires are like that. They can't win ultimately, the goal of world domination is too grand, so they become 'hurried' trying to win quicker-er so the costs go down.

Now if everyone else in the Free world will just damn comply with the damn program...

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
WW3 is coming soon, probably right after Rosh Hashanah Sept 21-22

Russia mobilizes Kaliningrad oblast for Zapad drills www.newkaliningrad.ru...

Russian Northern Fleet warships take to sea in combat readiness check thebalticpost.com...

Over 70 ships of Russia’s Baltic Fleet go to sea during combat readiness check thebalticpost.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Who wants to bet that nk could actually defeat japan in an open war?

ie let them deal with it.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join