It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: N Korea will be met with 'fire and fury

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
I can't fault Trump for this, it's been building for decades. I wish we had a better leader at the helm right now but in all honesty there's no right move here. Once N. Korea made that leap it wasn't going to be long before they were able to make nuclear warheads small enough to put in ICBMs. The world just got much more terrifying.

Wow, I actually agree with you.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mclaneinc
From day one of his campaign I voiced my fears about Mr Trump, he instantly reminded me of the character Greg Stilson from the film Deadzone back in the 80's. Stilson is a presidential hopeful and he accidentally comes in to contact with Johnny, a man who attains psychic powers after an accident (sounds hooky but its a good film based on a Stephen King book) . When Johnny touches his hand he sees Stilson losing his mind and launching missiles at Russia and China simply because he has the power to and wants to be the man who did it.

Trump is coming very close to this character, dangerously close, the picture of trump at the moment is a man willing to row with anyone and every one, to randomly spit out incredibly worrying or nonsensical rants. As seen from his famous barge at the EU meeting where just elbowed a head of state out of the way its clear he sees himself as the most powerful man alive and people will god damn respect that.

Its not a very pretty picture, its a picture of a man with mental issues..

If you get the time watch Deadzone, its a decent film and you tell me that isn't Trump on the screen..

Don't be ridiculous. Never in a million years would Trump order the nuclear destruction of a country just because he's upset. FFS man. NK has been threatening to to hit us with a nuke and you're daydreaming about some movie you saw in the 80's and pretending that character might just be Trump. People like you are the real dangers to this country. Put the fiction down and get with reality.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

If I remember correctly the SecDef is the other part of the two man system to keep a rogue POTUS from pushing the button in case the SecDef has reason to disagree with the attack.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
You could say to North Korea let's go get some ice cream and pizza and it not going to make a difference.
They will continue to get nukes and missles to launch nukes.Nothing you give them or say is gonna change them.They all ready defied the U.S. And NATO even when they received the nice treatment from the Clintons.
They tell you they are going to attack and you better take their word.

Also the U.S. has become a PC addiction divided mess we won't win the ground war against North Korea.We are losing Afghanistan war by the way.
edit on 9-8-2017 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: Mclaneinc
From day one of his campaign I voiced my fears about Mr Trump, he instantly reminded me of the character Greg Stilson from the film Deadzone back in the 80's. Stilson is a presidential hopeful and he accidentally comes in to contact with Johnny, a man who attains psychic powers after an accident (sounds hooky but its a good film based on a Stephen King book) . When Johnny touches his hand he sees Stilson losing his mind and launching missiles at Russia and China simply because he has the power to and wants to be the man who did it.

Trump is coming very close to this character, dangerously close, the picture of trump at the moment is a man willing to row with anyone and every one, to randomly spit out incredibly worrying or nonsensical rants. As seen from his famous barge at the EU meeting where just elbowed a head of state out of the way its clear he sees himself as the most powerful man alive and people will god damn respect that.

Its not a very pretty picture, its a picture of a man with mental issues..

If you get the time watch Deadzone, its a decent film and you tell me that isn't Trump on the screen..

Don't be ridiculous. Never in a million years would Trump order the nuclear destruction of a country just because he's upset. FFS man.

I'm one of the guys that doubts something bigger will come out of that current verbal conflict between these nations. But you should never forget that you, I, none of us normal people really knows what goes on inside a person that is known to be "powerful". It can get pretty dangerous depending on who or what that individual is influenced by.
edit on 9-8-2017 by Eagleyedobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
we need to stop negotiating with nations and organizations who violate agreements they've signed with us, when such violations happen we should do as the agreement dictates under said situation, whether it be sanctions, tariffs, embargoes, limited military action or a declaration of war, we need to act like the superpower we are instead of treating other nations which aren't our equals as equals.

nukes have distorted our perceptions and made us forget how to be human and we do not need more nations to add to the distortion, the false sense of security created by the thought of how no person is insane enough to use them so we're safe, in the end all that does is make us forget to fear and make us unable to notice real threats, so when a real threat comes nobody will notice and they will not take it seriously when they should.

strike asap before we lose the opportunity to fix the mess we created, before the example north korea becomes creates a new global multinational nuclear arms race and escalates the already ongoing remilitarization of asia due to the influence of china.

north korea will trigger a new real cold war if they succeed in arming themselves and we keep negotiating like cowards who don't value what we say and let others walk all over us.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

Wow... You have a very high opinion of yourself. If belittling others was the a gauge of ones intelligence, you'd be top dog!

Py

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

President Trump is taking the conservative approach like Obama and those before him. That is not good.

He needs to single out Kim Jong for assassination. Potentially save millions of lives.

All of this is being blown way out of proportion needlessly.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I don't know how credible this source is, but the report is scary:

North Korea is considering strikes on key cities across the US, with four being identified on a map seen in North Korean propaganda in the "war room" with Kim.

These target are marked under the subtitle "US Mainland Strike Plan". Trajectories of missiles can bee seen sketched out on the giant hanging map pictured behind the tyrant. The lines appear to leading towards San Diego in California, Austin in Texas, Washington DC, and the islands of Hawaii.

Death tolls were simulated assuming use of North Korea most powerful warhead, believed to be 40 kilotons. This weapon is more than twice the strength of the Hiroshima bomb.

Sour ce

The next line after this excerpt reads:

Photos of the map were released as Kim chaired an "emergency meeting" back in 2013.

I don't know if this means that the targets in question were decided on several years ago or not. It's strange how that statement was worded.

Thoughts, ATS? I'm not familiar with the Daily Star, but if I was living in one of those cities I wouldn't be very happy.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Any country that uses nukes under any circumstances will suffer irreparable harm internationally. Any country that uses nukes first will be a pariah. If NK were to attack the US and we responded with nukes everyone would say, 'hey, the US had a right to defend itself'. Right up until everyone starts to see the horrific, unimaginable devastation and loss of life as a result. The outcry would be deafening. This situation is not as simple as some lunchroom brawl. There are wide-ranging ramifications to this situation. 100,000's of innocent people's lives hang in the balance.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I just found this on Twitter a few minutes ago. The source is credible imo, and the message is not good at all:

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune

Thoughts, ATS? I'm not familiar with the Daily Star, but if I was living in one of those cities I wouldn't be very happy.

North Korea's hands are pretty well tied, those are my thoughts. Everything the North does is with an audience in mind, including that markup...it was not an unintentional faux pas.

Pure posturing and grandstanding.

Kim Jong-Il should have been dealt with back in the late 80's early 90's so there would be no Jong-Un to deal with now.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

North Korea's hands are pretty well tied, those are my thoughts. Everything the North does is with an audience in mind, including that markup...it was not an unintentional faux pas.

Pure posturing and grandstanding.

Kim Jong-Il should have been dealt with back in the late 80's early 90's so there would be no Jong-Un to deal with now.

Amen. There's nothing like "strategic patience" to keep things going, huh? I guess now tptb will understand that sanctions and diplomacy don't work with Kim. Time for something else.

Problem is, that something else could kill many people.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Place your bets please. Who is the first that shooting? I say Pyongyang in panic mode.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Exactly, sadly they all hate America, specifically the Government...all you have to do is look at what they say and their policies.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlephOne
a reply to: bknapple32

Judging from your avatar you are the young man, youngster. Don't like war. Say your peace then be done with it. Then allow men to conduct worldly business. Never liked peaceniks. Men have backbones to be used.

Sadly they seem to be lacking in brains though, I take it you enjoy the killing of innocent children, women and men?

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Problem is, that something else could kill many people.

Not necessarily. There are many options aside from "turning the peninsula to glass" that could root out Jong-Un. With that regime, if the top family falls, the rest will take care of itself.

North Korea has been given over 20 years now to come around to a more global friendly way of thinking, the problem is, has been and will continue to be China. China, at ALL COSTS does not want regime change. I honestly understand their trepidation and wouldn't want to be in their shoes at the moment.

But we DO have to face facts, just like some bullets can't be put back in the gun, some things are too late to act upon...Bin Laden was proof of that. Jong-Il was a missed opportunity, where he should have been sprayed and flayed we just couldn't quite get there. I'm pretty sure that now, only diplomacy remains....that or strangulation of their economy up to a humanitarian crisis boiling point; at which point what's the difference in the human cost? All those who tout they're such humanitarians because they dont want "innocent casulaties" are truly forgetting about the greater casualties they are creating by decades of failed diplomacy...i guess it helps them sleep at night and feel like superior human beings.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: Pluginn

irrational hatred doesn't have a reason that can be solved... it's irrational.

But all those sanctions with keeping N-Korea basicly poor, all those years sure adds to that ''irrational hatred''.

Myself don't really believe they got WDM, sure they got rockets but bluffing is the game they play. Ok taking that bet is hard but starting a preventive war..,and Kim only real revenge is some neighbor country if they can't win.. basically.. which could end millions of lives then.. take that bet!

But really if you was N-Korea you would get at some point irrational or paranoia. If you add some fire on it so to speak it just helping them getting more so..
Russia must feel the same at some point if they get blame for whatever and get locked out / sanctioned and even more sanctioned! and having nato military exercises on their border, a rocket shield.. it isn't that weird when at some point they maybe get irrational, but who was irrational as well?? yea the USA!

edit on 9-8-2017 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-8-2017 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I think China does and does not want the U.S. to kick the # out of n. Korea.

On one hand the US preemptively strikes NOKO (or postemptively in response to NOKO firing first) and china is left with a massive humanitarian effort from N. Koreans fleeing to the north. And the global community telling them "see what you did now, should of put pressure on Kim Jong un and none of this would of happen".

On the other hand... the US takes out the Kim Jong in regime by military means and china is potentially able to finally annex N. Korean for their own.

I think more so the ladder or the 2 options here

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join