It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: N Korea will be met with 'fire and fury

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Pluginn

Have you never met someone with irrational hatred?

Trump tried that. thehill.com...

Here's one from yesterday: www.washingtonexaminer.com...

"We would like to sit and have a dialogue with them about the future that will give them the security they seek and the future economic prosperity for North Korea, but that will then promote economic prosperity throughout Northeast Asia."

edit on 9-8-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

One nuclear missile launched by a nation that can hardly feed themselves or provide adequate power for her masses hardly constitutes full blown nuclear war.

The missile would be blown form the sky long before reaching its target along with any launch facility it came from.

As to Saddam's capability's, those were greatly exaggerated especially so the second time around hence my ambivalence to be worried about NK.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

NK has tens of ICBM and hundreds of missiles that cover the entire East Asia including all US bases from Okinava to Guam to Hawaii.

If NK conducted 5 nuke tests it means it has at least 10 times more nukes. Let say 50, although I'd suspect a number closer to that of Pakistan 100+

Now about Trump: does he bluff or does he intend to take down North Korean missile cpabilities? The unending drills over South Korea, last time with strategic bombers B1B speak of the second.

What are the realistic options for US preemptive strike on North Korea? Sure not first use of nuclear weapons for obvious reasons (other nuclear powers can't let it go for their own safety).

So US air force and short range tomahawks deliver a precise blow to the Known missiles of Kim, destroying many of them but not all of them. What's the next move?

Kim's 1 mln plus army pours into the South, Seoul is either ruined or invaded or both, within the next hours. There is agreement among the experts that nothing can stop Kim's regime to shell Seoul with significant number of artillery pieces ALREADY IN POSITION and inside caves. Non-nuclear missile strikes against farther targets, including Tokyo, cannot be rulled out at all. THAAD will have to prove how good it is in real situation against unknown missiles.

Certainly the world media will show pictures of conventional devastation comparable to that of WW2. The information shock for the civilized world will be total: a crazy dictator challenges the world superpower and nothing can be done, except for the unthinkable...The credibility of Western politicians will plumet. If it doesn't matter for the US president who can't be impeached for that, it matters for the EU parliamentary democracies who can vote down PMs much easier.

What's next for the USA? Sending boots on the ground? Striking with nuclear weapons first?

Despite Kim's rhetoric, I doubt he will use nuclear weapons first. Because he will have only ONE SHOT with as many missiles as survived after the US precision strikes. Indeed he could do EMP and darken America, but it won't assure victory for North Korea. Kim bluffs about Guam and continental USA, unless it is a desperate retaliation move in a much larger war involving China and others.

What is the US move after the initial Day 1 of the war? Going to the UN and calling British, French and German to help fight the regime? Repetition of Iraq? Or going towards a bigger war that will turn nuclear at one point and will involve Japan and China?

edit on 9-8-2017 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

I don't think North Korea has anywhere near the same nuclear arsenal as Pakistan.

Trumps a bawbag power mad buffoon and Little Kim's a crazy fool with a megalomania complex, rather synonymous really.

There are a lot of what ifs at play.

What if they sat down and worked out there differences like adults rather than children?

Because that's what coming away with crazy nonsensical statements that in no way translate in to political policy amounts to.
edit on 9-8-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   

When Pakistan tested its first nukes, the media reported it had only 6 nukes in total. After the 7th test, they started talking about dozen. Now they are talking of 100+

We have to accept we are being lied most of the time for such sensitive issues.

How could little Kim produce the latest missiles in the shadow?

If he didn't have ready missiles with warheads in significant number, US would not go histerical about his rhetoric. Not even Trump.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   

EMP requires a very large nuclear yield at very high altitude.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   

"When Pakistan tested its first nukes, the media reported it had only 6 nukes in total. After the 7th test, they started talking about dozen. Now they are talking of 100+"

Pakistan is hardly North Korea through, they might not have there head in the game as much as they should but there nation still functions and interacts with others around itself. Cant really claim the same for NK hence my ambivalence to believe they posses 100s of nuclear warheads or the capability of using such unless China is supplying them, and lets face it China needs its own.

"We have to accept we are being lied most of the time for such sensitive issues."

True but we also have to accept the fact that we are being lied to regarding most things that happen in the area in question.

"How could little Kim produce the latest missiles in the shadow?"

He could not, at least not effectively or in any quantity per say.

"If he didn't have ready missiles with warheads in significant number, US would not go histerical about his rhetoric. Not even Trump."

So explain how Gulf war number 2 happened over imaginary WMDs then?
edit on 9-8-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: AlephOne
Probable U.S. nuclear attack states:

#1 California
#2 Washington
#3 Oregon

My bet is California is toast. Too easy a target.

While New York would be Kim's prized bull's eye; it is too far away. As is Chicago(or any Great Lake state) and Miami. Kim would target Great Lakes for obvious infrastructural reasons, however population density plus being America's "technology capital" makes California(LA) a perfect specimen within nuclear ICBM reach.

Oh well. Must suck to live in California now.

I wonder if any of our top scientists and professors are being herded up for safe keeping yet?

Which brings me to one ATS poster's thread "Initiate z73892639 at 202758. Majestic pandora" and any validity with it?

Initiate z73892639 at 202758. Majestic pandora

If I were kim I would nuclear strike yellowstone super volcano first Hahaaaha The End of America

edit on 9-8-2017 by SophiaEveLee because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Have you never met someone with irrational hatred?

Trump tried that. thehill.com...

Here's one from yesterday: www.washingtonexaminer.com...

"We would like to sit and have a dialogue with them about the future that will give them the security they seek and the future economic prosperity for North Korea, but that will then promote economic prosperity throughout Northeast Asia."

So why the hatred? must have some reason?

A friend of mine very often gets in a fight, I never., must have a reason.. The US gets in worse relations (and is the most hated nation I bet!) with many many nations and allot of wars..., must have a reason.
edit on 9-8-2017 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: SophiaEveLee

I don't think his ICBM can quite reach that far.

Plus you would probobly require some kind of earth penetrating warhead to create any kind of significant seismic effect capable of setting the thing off.

Also worth keeping in mind if the Yellowstone super volcano were to go up it would be a possible extinction level event given the amount of debris deposited into our atmosphere so it would not just be the end of America but the start of the next mini iceage.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

irrational hatred doesn't have a reason that can be solved... it's irrational.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Your excessive use adjectives destroys your credibility.
edit on 9-8-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

North Korea is not Iraq. Whether Kim was helped or not, I don't know. What is seen from the videos, they have supermodern space center. NK tested a missile that went up to 3,000 + km way beyond the ISS orbit. Exactly those two tests put US admin on alert. Before that they didn't show to the public their belief in the NK capabilities. Now CIA says NK could have miniaturized the warhead. www.nytimes.com... Now they say that, and when did they know it? Sure they are not supposed to tell the public everything. But we'd rather prepare for a worse scenario.

I agree with Trump on one thing: if NK threatens and has capabilities to fulfill those threats, it should be counter-threatened for restrain purposes. But the exact measures America should take, have to be agreed on broader platform within the US and outside. Something that is not clear from Trump's latest outburst, that drew negative respoinces throughout the US political spectrum. You don't go to nuke a nuclear power for its cold war rhetoric only. Unless you want to start the nuclear war first by yourself. Is that the message of Mr Trump covered by his colorful style of expression?

edit on 9-8-2017 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Credibility? I thought it was Trump that cracks the jokes?
LoL

I myself just like anyone else in this discussion, excessive use of adjectives or otherwise, has about as much credibility as Donald Trump or Kim Yong Um.

Something NK could be doing with in spades if you ask me, credibility that is.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

What are we talking about here because we cannot even really effectively miniaturise our Atomic warheads?

Fact is you need to have enough fissionable material to reach critical mass thus sustain the chain reaction and that takes space never mind the other numerous components and materials required. So Nukes are not going to get much smaller anytime soon. Even the suitcase nukes of the cold war were impractical devices and not really capable of much.

If we do a Korean war Mk2 it will be a very different scenario, as to who will win or lose in any such situation, well i imagine it may start well for the north to the severe detriment of the south but it wont stay that way for long.

Nuclear conflict wont materialise anytime soon, fact of the matter is we can achieve the same using modern conventional weaponry with a hell of a lot less mess.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
The President is talking about "fire and fury", out here sounding like Fearless Leader cuz that's something Kim Jong-Un would say. Trump is eager to throw gasoline on this fire. Probably so people will stop talking about Russia.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
You know what might help this situation? A fully staffed State Department. If only we had one of those.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: jordan77
You know what might help this situation? A fully staffed State Department. If only we had one of those.

What difference would that make? Trump doesn't listen to anyone anyway. He calls the intelligence community BS unless they say something that suits his agenda then it's all real and accurate.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

No, I think that they are a show of force and an intimidation. The drills are a necessity 'just in case,' as well as 'good training.'

Regardless of my speculations or yours concerning what we already have over there, the bottom line is that IF Kim Jong Un decides to attack, he will do so at his own peril, even if he hits one of our territories or cities. The real question is: How far will he go to prove his crazy?

Right now, he's like a wild animal that has been backed into a corner--it knows that it's not going to win, but it's still going to put up a fight because of a survival instinct. I don't think that North Korean leaders understand how to back down, even in the face of certain defeat.

Sadly, I think that Trump is the same way, just slightly more stable and with better mechanisms in place to check his personality.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Oh great. Bush flash-backs and all:

Texas megachurch pastor Robert Jeffress, one of President Trump’s evangelical advisers who preached the morning of his inauguration, has released a statement saying the president has the moral authority to take out North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

“When it comes to how we should deal with evil doers, the Bible, in the book of Romans, is very clear: God has endowed rulers full power to use whatever means necessary — including war — to stop evil,” Jeffress said. “In the case of North Korea, God has given Trump authority to take out Kim Jong Un.”

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join