It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: N Korea will be met with 'fire and fury

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
NK has responded to Trump's comments calling it a "load of nonsense".

The North is responding to Trump’s threat in a statement from its military carried by state-run news agency KCNA. The statement says that “only absolute force” can work on someone as “bereft of reason” as Trump.

The North Korean statement also says the military action its army “is about to take” will be effective for restraining America’s “frantic moves” in and near the southern part of the Korean Peninsula.

Kim regime states that they will attack waters off Guam by mid-August.

Source

Oh boy...China needs to step up

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
in the immortal words of Mils lane "let's get it on"
if Kim thinks it's a load of non sense,why not go ahead and launch on us?

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Trump's comment definitely seems like something Gen. Matis said to him at one point or another.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5
So Trump takes WAPO seriously when it's about NK, but it's "FAKE NEWS" when it has anything to do with his ridiculous administration....

Seriously, Trump's a world class a-hole.
It is called politics to try to get re-elected......Worry about policies instead.I think everyone knows North Korea time will be up at some point.Been a U.S. policy to contain them for decades.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
U.S. probably will not respond if North Korea hits no targets on Gaum.....

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune
I just found this on Twitter a few minutes ago. The source is credible imo, and the message is not good at all:

He's returning home to die with Dear Leader? How touching.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: mkultra11
Trump's comment definitely seems like something Gen. Matis said to him at one point or another.

You're right. People who get all wrapped up in the low IQ liberal media analysis are being used like sheep. President Trump gets briefings on Kim Jong personality nuances as well as North Korea mentality/history.

President Trump didn't surround himself with highly qualified, highly experienced, master military minds for nothing. He said in 1999 (TV interview with NBC Tim Russert) that Nuclear proliferation is the biggest challenge facing humanity.

Donald J. Trump is amazing in his ability to understand trends and where they will lead. Modern day Moses may be an understatement. I think Moses just did what he was told, and had God's protection and help. President Trump senses the future. He's shown that trait on several occasions.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
It does appear Trump is not gonna bluff and play games as a President and allow future genenerations to deal with North Korea and radical muslims.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
NK has responded to Trump's comments calling it a "load of nonsense".

The North is responding to Trump’s threat in a statement from its military carried by state-run news agency KCNA. The statement says that “only absolute force” can work on someone as “bereft of reason” as Trump.

The North Korean statement also says the military action its army “is about to take” will be effective for restraining America’s “frantic moves” in and near the southern part of the Korean Peninsula.

Kim regime states that they will attack waters off Guam by mid-August.

Source

Oh boy...China needs to step up

Actually, the report stated they will "complete a plan" by mid-August. Either way it's not good.

Not only that, it's almost mid-August.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

President Trump didn't surround himself with highly qualified, highly experienced, master military minds for nothing.

Would that be Jared or Ivanka? We all know Melania doesn't speak and certainly hates even cyberbullying, nevermind the real McCoy, so which one is it?

Donald J. Trump is amazing in his ability to under...

...mine any real attempts made at professionalism. I agree.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I was reading a great book today called The Making of the Atomic Bomb, a Pulitzer Prize winning book by Richard Rhodes about the many great scientists who together were responsible for the making of the atomic bomb, and gathered in the New Mexican desert on the Manhattan project to create this horrible weapon that the world is now cringing over because of their efforts.

www.amazon.com...

I know they did that so Hitler wouldn’t get it first but I’m sure many of them would be appalled ay what their hands wrought.

"Now I have become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

edit on 9-8-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilltellI know they did that so Hitler wouldn’t get it first but I’m sure many of them would be appalled ay what their hands wrought.

None more so than Oppenheimer. He knew what he had become and what they had done. Destroyer of worlds....

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I cant help thinking of all the scary nights during the obama admin where the nk drums of war beat and the then president simply continued to bow to the entire world, with the exception of the declining American people and cities...

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Lets not forget the timeframe when kimmy built all of the dangerous weaponry.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
To be frank this is all huff and bluff and I have a feeling nothing is going to happen and I hope so too. I think cooler heads will prevail through some sort of peace and neutrality where by there will be some sort of deal constructed mutually between the US and China and the deal will be directly handed to NoKo in some sort of close diplomatic talks.

The US damn well know that NoKo is not giving up it's nuclear programme anytime soon or without a fight and with China being the middle guy and basically NoKo's next door neighbour Trump knows he's not got much leverage when it comes down to dealing with NoKo he has really two options, Military Action or International Sanctions with the hopes of a diplomatic resolution (with red tape of course) thats pretty much to it really.

NoKo blurts out a lot of propaganda because they're are a country that really doesn't have the capabilities to fight a modern day war with the world and they want their people to think that they live in a home that they can protect it's sovereignty and interests. Simply they can't so propaganda covers the realities and as such they become the hermit kingdom stuck in a time loop. I wouldn't be surprised that some living in NoKo knew the state of the country they live in but then again most are born fed to believe what they have been told which are obviously lies.

NoKos nuclear and other military capabilities may seem threatening, they would be for those living on or closely next to NoKo at best NoKo could in reality fight a war with it's neighbour Soko and maybe the likes of Japan and other places close by the US would protect is military personal and protected overseas islands but in general the threat of the US mainland getting hit by a nuke is generally low but the capabilities are there but as such would be an attempt that would unsuccessful because the technological advances in warfare outweigh the dated tech that NK have.
edit on 09America/Chicagov31pm831 by deviant300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Apart from an unverified news report, is there any proof that these threats are really coming from where everybody thinks they are. Is that my dog and why are you wagging it?

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
doesn't a nation have to commit or attack or do something that can justify another nation to go to war against it...

oh wait, right.... not the US. I hope I live to see the day when the US get bullied and the same amount of bombs we dropped on foreign soil since the 70s is reciprocated 100x over.

Love ya right back there big guy

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Leftists have left us in a total mess. Clinton, Bush and Obama are the reason we are in this mess in the first place. They allowed, and aided, NK in gaining Nuclear Weapons. North Korea is threatening to Nuke the U.S. and our allies, and Leftists basically say "oh well". Leftists would rather the USA burn than for the US to defend themselves and their allies.
edit on 9-8-2017 by TruMcCarthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

BEDMINSTER, N.J. (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump said on Tuesday North Korea "will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen" if it threatened the United States again.

Link

This right here is the problem with Trump during situations like this.

What a dangerous statement to make, if DPRK do anything else to threaten America then he has basically just said there will be all out war. He has just drew his red-line

So the next time DPRK does something stupid either Trump will look weak by not acting when he said he would (lets face it, Trump is not going to want to look weak) or he is going to have to take military action "the like of which the world has never seen before"

This is a extremely dangerous move.

This is why I believe that Trump presents a clear danger to global security, this is what happens with you give a man with no diplomatic, military or statesmen experience the nuclear football and the keys to the pentagon.

But you defend Krazy Kim when he says things like this.

Others here do too. They say "He is just defending himself, he has a right to defend himself". By threatening everyone else?

Yep..I know, right?

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
There is more than a little of the schoolyard about these exchanges between the two leaders and I wonder if serious people would be deploring an argument between two badly behaved children in the schoolyard about which was fatter, skinnier, stronger, stupider and the like when it was obvious that no headway was being made in the dialogue anyway and that it had no point to it other than venting.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join