It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: N Korea will be met with 'fire and fury

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Sorry didn't know where to put this ,

GLOBAL MELTDOWN ,
SURVIVAL ,

Donald Trump has told North Korea it will be met with "fire and fury" if it escalates the nuclear threat it poses.

The US President said the rogue state it faced a threat "like the world has never seen" after the Washington Post said North Korea has made a breakthrough in its weapons programme.

The newspaper said the regime of Kim Jong Un has successfully made a miniaturised nuclear warhead that can fit inside one of its intercontinental ballistic missiles.

More follows...

news.sky.com...
edit on 8/8/2017 by seagull because: External source bbcode added.

2nd edit....trimmed overly LONG quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
edit on Tue Aug 8 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Sorry about the copy and paste but bugging out đź‘Ť

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

Is Twitter™ down? A threat like this is 'wasted' on "Fake News" outlets...

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

Seems to me that (a) Trump would have called it fake news, since it's WaPo, and (b) that he would verify with the IC before commenting on it.

But, whatever...threats are threats are threats are threats. Once we start a massive deployment, then my ears will perk up.

link   
That is a Red line right there...

+5 more 
link   

"And as I said they will be met with fire, fury and frankly, power… the likes of which this world has never been seen before."

Sounds like a threat to nuke the little nuke with a much larger one. YAY! Just what America needs! The distinction of going down in history as the only country to nuke 2 countries!

If it were Russia, we'd be chomping at the bit to "take care of them", for the sake of freedom and humanity and...you know the propaganda spiel we vomit profusely.
edit on 8/8/2017 by Nyiah because: Fat-fingered a typo.

+25 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

BEDMINSTER, N.J. (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump said on Tuesday North Korea "will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen" if it threatened the United States again.

Link

This right here is the problem with Trump during situations like this.

What a dangerous statement to make, if DPRK do anything else to threaten America then he has basically just said there will be all out war. He has just drew his red-line

So the next time DPRK does something stupid either Trump will look weak by not acting when he said he would (lets face it, Trump is not going to want to look weak) or he is going to have to take military action "the like of which the world has never seen before"

This is a extremely dangerous move.

This is why I believe that Trump presents a clear danger to global security, this is what happens with you give a man with no diplomatic, military or statesmen experience the nuclear football and the keys to the pentagon.
edit on 8-8-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
If the world ends due to either of these two I may die laughing before I melt.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

"And as I said they will be met with fire, fury and frankly, power… the likes of which this world has never been seen before."

Sounds like a threat to nuke the little nuke with a much larger one. YAY! Just what America needs! The distinction of going down in history as the only country to nuke 2 countries!

If it were Russia, we'd be chomping at the bit to "take care of them", for the sake of freedom and humanity and...you know the propaganda spiel we vomit profusely.

The US could blanket the *entire* country of NK with conventional bombs just as easily.
It would be quite a display.

I'm just glad I don't live too close to any major cities.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Trump supporters need to do something about this maniac!!!! I would leave Seattle.

+22 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Everyone needs to know where they stand. Make no mistake, I stand with President Trump.

Twenty eight years of piss poor leadership, and we get a finally get a breath of fresh air.

link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

originally posted by: Nyiah

The US could blanket the *entire* country of NK with conventional bombs just as easily.
It would be quite a display.

I'm just glad I don't live too close to any major cities.

Yes, we could. And it may be the route taken instead of nuking, because really, that would just be a very bad move and f# us diplomatically for a very long time, but it's still something plausible. Doing it once makes it that much easier to justify the second time.

However, even if we carpet bomb them, it's just another notch in our belt of destruction. Everywhere we go, we destroy it, and destabilize it AND it's region. We're the exact opposite of Midas' touch here. Everything we touch withers and dies, and with our "help", resurrects as something even worse than it's predecessor.

link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
Trump supporters need to do something about this maniac!!!! I would leave Seattle.

Time to make final arrangements !!

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

What is almost more worrying is that they will all be about soon enough to spout crap like "about time we had a strong president willing to take action".

A war on the Korean peninsular would be catastrophic globally, the implications of such a war we probably be as sever as the Iraq war if not worse.

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Fire and fury huh......

Thanks Trumpets.. You got us WW3.

But you all wanted that didnt ya? Youre not really Trumpers.. Youre all agents of chaos. You want this madness. Its the only explanation.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
"And as I said they will be met with fire, fury and frankly, power… the likes of which this world has never been seen before." - United States President Donald J. Trump

*smiles with pride*

My president said that.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Are there no children in your life?

+7 more 
link   

originally posted by: AlephOne
"And as I said they will be met with fire, fury and frankly, power… the likes of which this world has never been seen before." - United States President Donald J. Trump

*smiles with pride*

My president said that.

Are you or any other ATS members going to fight on the front lines????? Didnt think so

link   
As far as I can gather it was the DIA in the US who have said they think NK has a minaturised nuclear weapon, and so far they are the only ones to say that anywhere.
It's pretty dangerous for Trump to start this yamming at such an early stage.

link   
Did...he just watch the latest Game of Thrones Episode?

All jokes aside. These two sound like tough kids on the playground. I honestly feel for Trump, this was an issue any president in his place would have faced. However, I'm more than sure that in 2 years we will continue on in our lives and the DPRK will simply join the ranks of serious nuclear powers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join