It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: N Korea will be met with 'fire and fury

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I think something does have to be done about the NK situation. Trump bumbled it though. Thats a dumb statement even if that is what is being thought behind closed doors. Painted himself and the US into a corner.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
Leftists have left us in a total mess. Clinton, Bush and Obama are the reason we are in this mess in the first place. They allowed, and aided, NK in gaining Nuclear Weapons. North Korea is threatening to Nuke the U.S. and our allies, and Leftists basically say "oh well". Leftists would rather the USA burn than for the US to defend themselves and their allies.

Bush was a Leftist?

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
Trump supporters need to do something about this maniac!!!! I would leave Seattle.
We are...We are continuing to support Trump...

With N. Korea building their arsenel with threats to nuclearize American cities as soon as they are capable, what approach do you think the President should take???

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
trump needs to have intelligence find where this turd is holed up and hit it with appropriate ordnance to take him out then sent in un relief agencies for the poor tortured people of nk. and before anyone says he can't frclare war he isn't foing that he is taking out a madman who is trying to end the world and a limeted response with tomahawks or buster bunkers shpild do the trick without having to make a whole lot of collateral damage

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Finally one little bit of sanity in here!

Yeah, this sucks...

It sucks bad, but there is no right answer good enough or leader good enough to make this anything but a suck sandwich!

I don't pray for... Well frankly i didn't even pray while i was laying in a hospital bed feeling the last of my life slowly slip away, but tonight i think i just might pray a little that somehow someway we manage to make it through what could very well be the end of a great many of us otherwise...

Do i think it'll help? Not a damn bit!

But what else can any of us actually do?

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
trump needs to have intelligence find where this turd is holed up and hit it with appropriate ordnance to take him out then sent in un relief agencies for the poor tortured people of nk. and before anyone says he can't frclare war he isn't foing that he is taking out a madman who is trying to end the world and a limeted response with tomahawks or buster bunkers shpild do the trick without having to make a whole lot of collateral damage

I was thinking the same thing. Like the next big missile test they go outside and celebrate, just get it over with. The problem is I doubt his soldiers will stand down and surrender like say Saddam's army. They're brainwashed to think a seagull dropped off Kim off on a mountain and has special powers from God or something. It will be a very messy war.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
I think something does have to be done about the NK situation. Trump bumbled it though. Thats a dumb statement even if that is what is being thought behind closed doors. Painted himself and the US into a corner.

I'd beg to differ to your opinion that Trump painted himself and the US into a corner. Just by one statement that can be interpreted entirely differently to the person it was directed at? The last Stalinist State whose regime has painted himself, his country and millions of his citizens into a corner by being a brutal dictator and sacrificing his people for nuclear weapons and has threatened the world for the last 25 or so years. Now, he can really do damage. So now Trump made him mad and hurt his feelings. Trump provoked him? Is that what people are worried about?

I'd say he didn't bumble it but is probably approaching it like it should be after the Clinton, Bush and Obama administration kicking the can along with a bomb inside ready to blow. It's diplomacy backed by power, not diplomacy backed by concessions and appeasement. They've been threatening South Korea and the peninsula with war for decades, not Trump. Prior administrations have bumbled this. Especially Clinton who basically gave them reactors in the first place, not Trump. It was Obama who essentially ignored them for 8 years, not Trump. They are the closest to building an nuclear ICBM that will hit our mainland not because of Trump. But it let's pin it on Trump, who has been in office for 9 months?

Ok, so what does Trump do? He pressures China more than our last President to do something. His administration gets a major foreign policy win in the strictest UN resolutions against NK yet, without a Russia or China veto. Fact is, this is like the 3rd or 4th time NK has threatened Guam. All Kim Jong is about is survival and nukes are his only way to do that. He's using his people as human shields. Maybe he got the message and thinks Trump who might actually back up his words, unlike everyone else and keep in line.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: mkultra11i think if we took him out in suck a way that the whole country of north korea can see it his troops will down. an old mocie gad sean connery playing a british soldier thatv locals had made there cod and they woeshiped him ut when his woman accidentally the crowd realized their error and turned on him. might no even need ton kill him just let his people know he is mortal they might kill him for us. or have a spotter broadcast his current gps coordinates and take him out with precision weaponry

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

It would mean the end of their country as they know it

-Bill Clinton

They will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen

-Donald Trump

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

Anything is possible. This is a good interview with McMasters about Trump's policy:

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Someone or SOMETHING, need to slap
these kids around abit... No im not
FOR childabuse, but these overgrown
BRATS and rightout IDIOTS cant be
allowed to LEAD an antstack even....
Trump
Putin
LilKim
whatshesname china
and the list is longer...

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Publicly Obama administration playing down North Korean technical means to deliver ICBM launched nuclear warhead by claiming it'd be a decade or more before they could miniturize a warhead.

They flat out lied to the American public,

During an April 11, 2013, House Armed Services Committee hearing, Congressman Doug Lamborn, R-Colo., inadvertently revealed several unclassified sentences from a DIA report that said DIA had determined with “moderate confidence” that North Korea has the capability to make a nuclear weapon small enough to be launched with a ballistic missile.

Obama Administration Knew About North Koreas Miniturized Nukes

There's every reason to believe that administration also lied or misled on missle capabilities also going by performance on last test.

I've read articles claiming that 1100KG can be delivered as far as east coast of CONUS based on studies of flight envelop, photos for fuel capacity estimages and comparisons to older western missiles.

Especially concerning is an addition of small engine to RV bus extends range to cover all but so there Florida and northern Maine.

I don't think NK would commit national suicide in trade for a US city or even 10. He might be nuts enough to do if he can EMP and cause majority of US population to die in aftermath - for that he does not need accuracy nor full ablation protection for warhead.

Worse would be handout to non state actors to do standoff ship launch because it'd be darn hard to prove whodunit right off the bat.

I think this is very serious threat that needs not be taken lightly nor politicized by left or right.

I knew this day was coming but was hoping later not sooner.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   
That's a statement Kim would use.. Put a N-Korean flag next to Trump and it might as well be him.
These threats back and forth are getting ridiculous..

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   
That's right. No need to soft-serve it. DPRK attacks US/ally/territory that is a declaration of war, and the blood will be on the Oompa-Loompa Jong-Un's hands. Should have stayed on his anti-psychotics.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I had a thought about those NK satellites:

Can't we just shoot them out of the sky? Do they really have emp's on board?

Just tossing around some ideas in my head....I don't know....something has to be done to lessen the threat against CONUS. Taking out these satellites would be one step in the right direction, I suppose.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

Nothing now, trump got what he wanted, our destruction. The Christians got the end times they wanted. Bye.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   
It's been bugging me since yesterday when i first saw the statement/speech as to what i was witnessing/hearing and now i have it. Trumpelstitskins threat to NK is akin to one of us being threatened with a kicking by Boys 2 Men or Take That...or possibly even the Spice Girls. What a Pathetic little man he is.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Let me start by saying that I don't think any country should have nukes. There is a reasonable probability that eventually there will be some person in charge that decides to go all rogue and then the SHTF.

In this case...

1. Lil Kim decides he wants NK to be a bad-ass on the world stage and wants to develop a nuclear capability. He wants NK to be a member of the nuke club like the big boys.

2. The U.S. takes the position that it alone determines who can and who can't have nukes. We decide NK can't have nukes.

3. NK says FU, we're doing it anyway.

4. The U.S. gets the UN to impose economic sanctions on NK to punish them for not getting in-line and doing as they';re told.

5. NK says FU we're doing it anyway.

6. The U.S. via the UN slaps increasing sanctions on NK

7. NK gets PO'd at the U.S. and begins testing nukes and missiles

8. The U.S. counters with military exercises in NK's backyard and even more sanctions

9. NK says FU and starts talking smack about the U.S. saying the U.S. is trying to provoke them and is a direct threat as evidenced by our actions against NK

10. The U.S. cranks-up the sanctions and threatens NK back

And that brings us to today...

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
This parody of a president need at least a big war to remove the focus away from his total failure as a leader and the Russia investigation.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

He should have said "with fire and brimstone", that would have been hilarious.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join