It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: N Korea will be met with 'fire and fury

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
Trump's mouth (and twitter account) keeps writing checks that his own government and allies don't want to cash. Trump's mindset is ready, fire, aim.. which is a very bad trait for the POTUS.

When I served in the Army in SK, during a trip to the DMZ, I remember seeing ridiculously tall flags in the one room that crosses the border of both countries, where meetings between the nations could be held. Just those little flags you'd put on a table to represent your country.. but the SK had something like 6 tiers.. and then NK flag had 7. They used to have 1. But NK added a tier. So SK did. So NK added another. And so on.

That regime of family-dictators don't like to be one-upped.. outdone. So what does Trump do? He keeps purposely raising the ante. Just leave them the hell alone.. don't respond to their childish taunts.. keep up the sanctions.. let the loss of cash hurt their nation and their nuclear program. If a child tries to bully you, an adult.. do you engage them? No.. you punish them.. and ignore their childish taunts. You don't stoop to their level and try to outdo them. Which is exactly what Trump is doing.

We've done that for 20 years, in the meantime while we left them alone and let the sanctions work they've completed an atomic and ballistic missile program.

We can't afford to wait anymore. Should we wait until they have 50 loaded ICBM's pointed at each state? Would that be the time to go in or should we do it now before they've perfected re-entry?

It's obvious and clear that there is no negotiation that can happen to get them to abandon the path that they're on.

It's war or accept the fact that they're nuclear armed and can blackmail the entire world.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Anyone else want to see Kim and Donald in a ring together? The money they could raise with a PPV event...

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

I'm getting flashbacks to the same kinds of rhetoric people bought into before we wasted so much money and so many lives in Iraq.

Americans have such a short attention span and thirst for war. I guess its not surprising when our military spends more than the next 26 nations, 25 of which are our allies.

When you're a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   
did you all see Trump reading off a script? This wasn't old Trump doing his twitter thing....

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   
John McCain says that Trump is BLUFFING, about striking North Korea. Why would he say that, considering that President Trump has participated in two military strikes, in just his first 6 months in office?

Story: www.axios.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Trump has it hard with North Korea as a successful nuclear strike by them on Guam or anywhere really could lower his approval ratings.

Once North Korea gets nukes onto working missiles then they could retaliate if the U.S. Invades.

It seems to me like Trump should do something about North Korea before it is too late but he has to act with some finesse.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Joking aside that was a dumb thing for Trump to say.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Could just be to transport them.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Because John McCain has one single purpose in what's left of his life: Undermine Trump. Doesn't matter if it hurts the country or even gets people killed. Trump destroyed the respect that John McCain has been given (for his service) and McCain isn't running for re-election. It's small and petty, but it's the true John McCain.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Everyone needs to know where they stand. Make no mistake, I stand with President Trump.

Twenty eight years of piss poor leadership, and we get a finally get a breath of fresh air.

Surely you mean, 'Hot air'?

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Tell that to syria. Tell that to ISIS.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Folks have been arming small boats with missiles for a long time now. Some big, some not so big...such as this one.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
John McCain says that Trump is BLUFFING, about striking North Korea. Why would he say that, considering that President Trump has participated in two military strikes, in just his first 6 months in office?

Story: www.axios.com...

Whatever McCain says concerning Trump, you can bet the opposite is true.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Tell that to syria. Tell that to ISIS.

Last time i checked Assad was still in power. and as for ISIS, al qaeda, al shebab etc etc, It's an Ideology, They'll just pop back up with another name chnge with thousands still willing to martyr themselves for Allah. Trumpelstiltskins bigly words and biglier actions wont change a thing. As i said, Hot Air from the Prince of Clowns.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Last I checked Assad hasn't used chemical weapons again. As for ISIS, your prediction is meaningless fiction. Time will tell, but one thing is certain, they've lost a lot of ground (their revenue is down 80% and their controlled territory is down 40%) to mr "hot air."
edit on 9-8-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I think you are all under estimating the USA's missile defence systems.

Also, if NK wants the right to nuclear weapons, ok then. But when you threaten to use them - either bluster or not - be prepared to face oblivion.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Somehow I don't recall saddam launching ICBM's towards our allies.......

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Plenty of Scud missiles all the same.

Non of which though ever contained a chemical, biological, or nuclear payload.

How come the weapons of mass destruction seem to be only used by America and her allies?

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   
What about trying to improve relations and trying to get along? why do they never try that?

Sanctions and more sanctions, military exersises, you name it.. never helped and from the looks of it with NK and other nations (russia, iran, iraq etc etc etc etc).. things only got/get worse? so why not try something else for a change!?

Ohh maybe it's good for something, more reasons for more money for the military and more weapons to sell? or they just stupid or something?

edit on 9-8-2017 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Was saddam capable of and threatening nuclear war?

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join