It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B.C. baby first to get health card without gender marker

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

Never said they are treating the children as equals to the adults, just to each other. For example, "football is a boy's game", implying that girls can't play it either.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   
While I'm searching for my quote from that article I found this bull# from that dumb ass GNP school. My God if your child is one gender it's only half a life?

Although some parents chose the schools specifically for their gender-neutral policies, accepting the approach can be challenging for others. The staff show parents a circle separated into two with gender stereotypes in each half. “We explain, ‘Do you want your child to have half a life or a whole life?’” says Wikström. “Everyone wants the most for their children. Even fairly traditional parents get it when they see that it’s not about taking anything away from the child.”

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Never said they are treating the children as equals to the adults, just to each other. For example, "football is a boy's game", implying that girls can't play it either.

Well I think most schools and sports teams allow either gender nowadays, no neeed for entire schools to be dedicated to this
edit on 4-7-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-7-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

I don't object to the idea we can alllow boys and girls to co mingle and all be a part of what the other sex usually dominates.

It's just the whole idea of gender nuetral parenting GNP

For example perusing through groups dedicated to it they seem to think the child can choose their gender later on, but here's the catch; not that much later. During puberty seems fine to them to start on hormone drugs. They are not letting the child be age 19 first. A kid that young is not ready to start on the transitions
edit on 5-7-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet

Well I think most schools and sports teams allow either gender nowadays, no neeed for entire schools to be dedicated to this

I don't object to the idea we can alllow boys and girls to co mingle and all be a part of what the other sex usually dominates.

For example perusing through groups dedicated to it they seem to think the child can choose their gender later on, but here's the catch; not that much later. During puberty seems fine to them to start on hormone drugs. They are not letting the child be age 19 first. A kid that young is not ready to start on the transitions

In my mind a school like this means a trend... i don't think that we're talking about dysphoria so much as expectations of societal changes.

The LGBQ is a community within the greater community... it sounds like the Ts have their own society ideals.

They are creating a society within a society from the sounds of it.

Perhaps they will be like the Amish... as in separate from the rest of us. Schools, communities, etc. I don't know.

The question is where is this push coming from? Whose idea was it?

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Gender is increasingly derelict. Humans as we're will be so outmoded it'll be like trying to make ENIAC relevant in 2017. This is just how progress works. You can't reject it without harming yourself and/or others.

We're used to the idea of things we create becoming dead weight because of progress. But we're unfamiliar with the idea of ourselves suffering that same fate. And yet it's ongoing throughout our history. It doesn't wait for us. Maybe the pace of change is increasing and we're becoming more aware, but I think it's slow going and we've had some success up to this time. So the inclination is to believe we won't pass away into irrelevance.

The goal post is moving to transhumanism. The more you're within that bracket the less reliant on "retirement checks" you'll be. These "retirement checks" could be government sanctions or special laws.

Picture yourself at a future time furious you can't have your own baby with a mate, leaving the results to nature, and parenting the child privately between yourselves. There're special rules and ways of being upright. You have to be assigned a special designation because it's considered what you're doing to be ignorant and harmful to the child. You're lucky to be allowed. It's like you're a felon, but special wording is used to make you feel more important even though you in all reality have the importance of a flea.
edit on 7/5/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: AkontaDarkpaw

In my mind a school like this means a trend... i don't think that we're talking about dysphoria so much as expectations of societal changes.

The LGBQ is a community within the greater community... it sounds like the Ts have their own society ideals.

They are creating a society within a society from the sounds of it.

Perhaps they will be like the Amish... as in separate from the rest of us. Schools, communities, etc. I don't know.

The question is where is this push coming from? Whose idea was it?

I think that schools for gender dysphoric kids might actually be a great idea. It would be an environment where shame and confusion for the kids would be eliminated because they are with their own kind. They could play all the sports that a regular school plays and go to whatever bathroom they wanted (they probably might just have a universal one)

But.... The schools would need to be monitored to ensure that their education process is one of integration, not one of exclusion. i.e. They should exist to help kids learn the regular curriculum but also help these kids identify themselves and prepare them for a life in the wider world.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

segregation?

This is in NO WAY a great idea but i understand your concern. You just have no clue.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: threepwood

its not a trend, only 1 person has done this

No there's a few out there in the world.

Not sure if they got the documents, but there's quite a few who are refusing to reveal the child's sex and thus raising them with no gender. It's a fairly new concept, so until they know how these children will turn out, it's a social experiment

1, 5...so not many...at all.

and im sure they are not raising it with NO gender...you have no idea how they are raising it bc its nunya.

However, i am positive (per your post) that there will be many people making snark and untrue comments about the very few people who choose to not put gender on bc.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

segregation?

This is in NO WAY a great idea but i understand your concern. You just have no clue.

So......

Are Jewish / catholic / Islamic schools segregation, or are they a way for a group to come together and have an education based on a mutual interest? (Religion in their case)

Why the fear? I said it would be about providing these kids with a safe zone where they can be who they are without shame, get the help they need to find their identity and transition through a gender change if necessary without fear or shame.

For example imagine someone born with female genitalia who goes there, reconciles as a male, goes through their gender metamorphosis all the while getting their education and is able to leave the school system into the wider world, known as the male they have become.

Think of it like a Chrysalis where kids can become themselves and transform before they head out for the rest of their lives.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

As long as they are not forced to go there...as in segregation.

and I do not think a school can survive on 2 or 3 students.

so its not a great idea.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

As long as they are not forced to go there...as in segregation.

and I do not think a school can survive on 2 or 3 students.

so its not a great idea.

It would be truly voluntary. Parents would need to apply to send kids there and they would need Doctor referrals to ensure that it is genuine gender dysphoria going on before they would be enrolled. We''re talking just a few schools nationwide and they would be boarding schools - kinda like a Harry Potter Hogwarts or the like.

And there are more than 2 or three - about 0.6% or 1.4 million adults in the USA identify as transgender.

About 1.4 million adults in the United States identify as transgender, double a widely used previous estimate, according to an analysis based on new federal and state data. As the national debate escalates over accommodations for transgender people, the new figure, though still just 0.6 percent of the adult population, is likely to raise questions about the sufficiency of services to support a population that may be larger than many policy makers assumed.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

so, the kids would be shipped off to the school and not be able to come home in the afternoon?

Im sure there will be some parents who are ashamed of their kids who just send them off for the year, however...I would NEVER do this.

I can see how this is the perfect option for those who are not accepting of dysorphia.

They are doing good for their child (or they think they are) and they do not have to deal with their child much.

In essence...it IS better for the child than being shamed by their parents.
edit on 5-7-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

No, no, no.

It's not about locking them away. But as you pointed out, there are not enough kids to have a school in every district. It's about practicality, not locking them away so we don't have to see them.

Every enrolment would be voluntary and scrutinised before the child was accepted. And access to parents / family would be unlimited outside normal class times. But if a family lives 200 miles away from the nearest school, logic dictates it might be easier to have the kid stay there.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

of course they are not going to market it..."lock your trans-child away..." , lol, but this would be great for many rich (im sure its not government funded) unaccepting parents.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Well, in that case it would also suit the child best.

At least they would find friendship and acceptance from their peers. Which is what the ideology behind this is - not having to feel isolated and rejected by mainstream society while they figure out who they are.

But the idea is more altrustic than just a rich kid dumping ground. I meant it to be a place for everyone who feels the need for such a facility. And yes, I would expect some level of state funding for it.

It's a school after all......
edit on 5-7-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

but, i really do not feel like trans kids need "special attention". They are just like other kids.

If anything, that is exactly what they DO NOT want...is attentions.

I understand your concern and in some cases, that would be best for the child, however, I just do not see how this would be better over all for trans children than just being accepted in a public school.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

segregation?

So......

Are Jewish / catholic / Islamic schools segregation, or are they a way for a group to come together and have an education based on a mutual interest? (Religion in their case)

Why the fear? I said it would be about providing these kids with a safe zone where they can be who they are without shame, get the help they need to find their identity and transition through a gender change if necessary without fear or shame.

For example imagine someone born with female genitalia who goes there, reconciles as a male, goes through their gender metamorphosis all the while getting their education and is able to leave the school system into the wider world, known as the male they have become.

Think of it like a Chrysalis where kids can become themselves and transform before they head out for the rest of their lives.

In a religious school, others are allowed to attend even if they don't share the religion. The same should be true of a school for dysphoric kids.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AkontaDarkpaw

Montessori schools are very NON-judgmental and accepting. Instead of labeling a school for dysorphics...just put them in a montessori school.

but...very expensive

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

a reply to: AkontaDarkpaw

Montessori schools are very NON-judgmental and accepting. Instead of labeling a school for dysorphics...just put them in a montessori school.

but...very expensive

No doubt. I've heard they're better educationally though.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Smellthecoffee

originally posted by: AkontaDarkpaw

I think the LGBT community are being used as pawns plain and simple. It fits an agenda.
Why else would this be news?

".....with only a few pockets of ignorant close minded folk who will never change their way of thinking. These are just the a-holes of the world, and they will always exist. "

So people who do not agree with you are 'a-holes?'

'We want equality!'

'Everyone's opinion is equally valid'...........................'As long as it agrees with ours!'

It's good to see that the Marxist group-think brain-washing has worked so well on you.

Bahaha, excellent job of twisting my words.

Well done.

And yes, haters will be haters.

But if that's the ONLY THING you took from that entire post, you need to read it again.

I actually said that the vast majority of people are fine and likened general acceptance to that of being from a different race ie very good.

Nice try; but even on your second attempt you have failed miserably and your Marxist ideology has oozed through your false veneer of 'everyone's opinion is equally valid:'

'......haters will be haters......' You insist on grouping everyone who does not agree with your ideas as 'haters.'

Is everyone who does not accept your group-think ideology an 'a-hole' or just a plain 'ole 'hater?'

Try again.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join