It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B.C. baby first to get health card without gender marker

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

In what could be the first case in the world, a B.C. baby has been issued a health card with the letter “U” for a sex marker.

It comes as the baby’s parent fights to allow their child to develop their own gender identity.

B.C. baby first to get health card without gender marker

The parents are fighting to have a birth certificate issued , saying they'd rather let their child decide later. The Health Card was a surprise that came in the mail
Source

I'm all for this couple being able to decide on their own, but I'm not keen on it setting a new standard that all children should be labelled as "unspecified" gender.

It's a sensitive subject I know, but not all of us are into the new genderless society.
Apologies my opinion offends some of you.
I posted it for discussion

If a child discovers later on it wants to change his/ her identity that's fine, but it's already starting off from birth with this encouragement. It's assuming the child will be ' confused' when it's going to be raised as such when these parents aren't going to even answer " was it a boy or a girl?". I'm well aware this isn't a thought shared by all. Maybe I'm just too old for our new world and still wondering why we are going in this direction. It isn't something I ever saw happening.

The article doesn't say if they will win on the birth certificate being the unspecified gender.
edit on 1-7-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-7-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

+79 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

Decide?

LOL

You don't get to decide, only pretend.

+45 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
We are approaching the end.

WTF!

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I know but the article said it was their 'decision'
I would rather have just posted the news but I was to give my opinion in news forum.
I'm sorry

+18 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

just cause a couple nutters have a child doesn't mean I have to play pretend with them.

be all idealistic as you please

just don't expect the avg person to gaf

One thing about IDENTITY stop making it my business, I DONT GAF about your identity.

/hugs

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
This isn't anything new. Native Americans from what i have heard, included this as part of their culture.

The identity of their offspring wasn't set until they went through certain rites of passage.

I share what i've been personally told and have not verified this with other sources outside of my friend. It could be just his tribal identity.

+61 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I remember, back in the day (it was before your time) when if you were born with a penis, you were considered a boy and if you were born with lady-parts, you were considered a girl.

It was a primitive time. We didn't have computers, phones were in one place at the home, and tv channels were 3 maybe 4.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I remember, back in the day (it was before your time) when if you were born with a penis, you were considered a boy and if you were born with lady-parts, you were considered a girl.

It was a primitive time. We didn't have computers, phones were in one place at the home, and tv channels were 3 maybe 4.

I remember those days!

If I remember correctly, it was called "the 80s".

+21 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It is because the lunatics now run the asylum and.... FEELINGS trump reality.

+42 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
If you can decide your sex, why can't you decide your race? FYI I am now a Native American and would like some college tuition waivers please. Maybe I should get hold of Pocahontas Warren and ask for advice.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
Oh yeah I remember that well haha

A few months ago on here I jokingly said something like ' in the next 20 yrs birth certificates will not include the sex or gender of the child'. Boy was I wrong about the 20 years.

I'm seeing this on forms I fill out now , where it asks for my gender or sex, there's a choice to put nothing or undecided or whatever.

I don't even know the difference between sex and gender anymore. All I know is my birth record says " Sex: Girl". I'm ignorant, I guess someone will come along and tell me soon enough.

+25 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I legit do not recognize this world anymore
edit on pm77201717America/Chicago01p08pm by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I'd like to see scientific data supporting claims of betterment for society before going full genderless...

I wonder how that will turn out when a genderless person rapes another genderless one. Will that even be recognized as such?
It's all fun opening up cans of worms. It's harder to ingest it all and reap the repercussions.

But hey, now it's all about feelings. Can you feel it? I believe you do. (Not directly pointed at you violet)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I know someone who had a dozy doctor about fifty years ago. When filling in the birth certificate.
He put boy down as the sex then realised his mistake and scribbled it out and put girl and had to put another signature by this mistake. They will not issue another.

Its been a constant source of embarrassment for her ever since but a constant source of amusement for those of us who know.
It has raised a few eyebrows with the authorities over the years, too, but I guess these days its no big deal.

edit on 1-7-2017 by Tulpa because: Spilling

edit on 1-7-2017 by Tulpa because: Missed out that it was the birth certificate!!!

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Thought I better reply with an on topic reply

The biggest issue I'm seeing with this is, the parents are deciding the childs gender and it opens doors for parents to say their baby boy is a baby girl and a baby girl is a baby boy. What's the difference from that to what these parents have done?

Society has changed a lot. 30 years ago, if a young boy wore his mummies high heals and put lipstick on, it was funny and cute.

Fast forward to now and the same boy, according to some, is trying to "identify" as a girl.

It reminds me of a YouTube video of someone saying "On all levels except physical, I am a wolf"

Where does it end?
edit on 172017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: NowanKenubi
Feelings now rule the world. Welcome idea for some ( a minority) just not for the rest of us. We no longer have any say.

May as well throw out another dumb prediction:

schools shall no longer allow girls ooops I mean children to wear dresses. All must wear pants, because it may harm the child if it's forced ( yes forced) to identify as female. No bows in the hair. It's offensive. Additionally no more 'girls soccer teams' or 'Boys soccer teams'. Further more you shall all shower together.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Oh wow. Crazy people DID ask for more.

Well, when an ambulance has to cut clothing off unconscious people so as to figure what genitals they have, this will get old for some.

+17 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Fricken loops.

If it has a Penis it's a boy.
If it has a vagina it's a girl.

Jesus H Christ, What has the bloody world come too.

It's gone way too far.

The funny thing is they actually entertained this???? and issued a card!!! Crazy

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

I don't know where it will end.
This is being phased in so fast. Not even 'phased' really.
I can't imagine what's next.

Anyways I found this on Facebook and the comments are not very supportive of the idea. Minority rules.

I'm starting to wonder if the plan is to go for a more androgynous look so we blend in with AI robots and maybe we will not even be able to identify as human in less than 75 yrs.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I was thinking about the shower scene in Starship Troopers while writing my post.
I always thought society would lean that way, but not into that genderless fad.

I can't help but think that children will be confused by all this, like a previous poster said. Little girls will wonder why they can't identify with their moms and vice versa.
Will it cause dissociative troubles in individuals subjected to this? That would make an army of young ''brainwashable'' persons.

Hello Utopian Totalitarianism.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join