It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B.C. baby first to get health card without gender marker

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: riiver

The traditional method is NOT bad unless the child becomes trans and a bigot lawmaker requires a birth certificate to play on a sports team of the gender they identify with.

Not putting a gender on a birth certificate protects the child from that IF it happens (which is slim...i know) but if it doesnt happen...it doesnt hurt anything.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Thanks for the answer

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

originally posted by: AkontaDarkpaw

I think the LGBT community are being used as pawns plain and simple. It fits an agenda.

Why else would this be news?

".....with only a few pockets of ignorant close minded folk who will never change their way of thinking. These are just the a-holes of the world, and they will always exist. "

So people who do not agree with you are 'a-holes?'

'We want equality!'

'Everyone's opinion is equally valid'...........................'As long as it agrees with ours!'

It's good to see that the Marxist group-think brain-washing has worked so well on you.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Please just let this sjw gender bs be a trend that will die out soon. How you identify yourself is one thing but biological facts can never be changed... It's f#kng silly and serves no purpose at all other than creating confusion.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: threepwood

its not a trend, only 1 person has done this

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Gender neutrals or trans or whatever they are should have to form their own sports teams. I don't want my daughter on a soccer team that has some little boy who thinks he is a girl playing for them, sorry thats the way I feel.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

There may be 1 now though i have heard of others not in the news.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DiscosNotDead

Gender neutrals or trans or whatever they are should have to form their own sports teams. I don't want my daughter on a soccer team that has some little boy who thinks he is a girl playing for them, sorry thats the way I feel.

Then do you feel the same about your girl playing on the boys' team if there is no girls team?

Dysphoria is rare so its unfair for one who has it to be forced to play a role they're not comfortable in. There's not enough kids with it to form a team so this is unkind.

How many times has a girl been forced into a specific task just because she's a girl?

Were you around in the 50s/60s when women were just getting their rights?

What about the civil rights movement?

The inquisition?

This is no different. Humans need to learn to get along and not be so afraid of the unknown or the "strange".

It's one thing to mark a baby as unidentified gender when they're clearly one or the other.. its another to discriminate against someone who's brain has been wired differently.

Dysphoria is like aspergers syndrome or autism in the sense that it is a real thing and can only be "cured" by being who you're supposed to be.

If you wouldn't discriminate against a child for having aspergers then you shouldn't discriminate against dysphoria.

I can't say how society will change in the grand scheme of things but as it stands now, actual dysphoria is rare and the main issue that this sort of discrimination arises from is fear.

Fear that your child will be hurt by a boy who believes he's a girl.

Understandable... but she's in no more danger than she was originally.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

No there's a few out there in the world.

Not sure if they got the documents, but there's quite a few who are refusing to reveal the child's sex and thus raising them with no gender. It's a fairly new concept, so until they know how these children will turn out, it's a social experiment

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet

Not sure if they got the documents, but there's quite a few who are refusing to reveal the child's sex and thus raising them with no gender. It's a fairly new concept, so until they know how these children will turn out, it's a social experiment

How many? 5? 10? Out of 6 billion people?

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Smellthecoffee

originally posted by: markosity1973

originally posted by: AkontaDarkpaw

I think the LGBT community are being used as pawns plain and simple. It fits an agenda.

Why else would this be news?

".....with only a few pockets of ignorant close minded folk who will never change their way of thinking. These are just the a-holes of the world, and they will always exist. "

So people who do not agree with you are 'a-holes?'

'We want equality!'

'Everyone's opinion is equally valid'...........................'As long as it agrees with ours!'

It's good to see that the Marxist group-think brain-washing has worked so well on you.

Bahaha, excellent job of twisting my words.

Well done.

And yes, haters will be haters.

But if that's the ONLY THING you took from that entire post, you need to read it again.

I actually said that the vast majority of people are fine and likened general acceptance to that of being from a different race ie very good.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Those 5 or 10 matter.
They did not decide to be part of social experiment.
They did not get to choose their parents.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Much more than 10 . Possibly in the thousands now

Lots in Sweden, there's even a school for them.

Until we get the census records that might tell us how many girls and boys were born and how many said unspecified, there's no way of having the figures.
Read several articles on them
Just google gender nuetral parenting
edit on 4-7-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

So between 10 and 1000 out of billions of people. Hardly a trend.
Gender dysphoria accounts for under 1% of population.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

More than a thousand, I just saw Sweden has 5 preschools dedicated to non gender.
A trend is defined by a new thing, people catch onto and start repeating until it becomes popular. It's already been popularized among some people, not to say everyone will start doing it. I never bought a Rubix cube but it still was popular

However a trend usually means it won't kist long and I fear this thing will last indefinitely

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

Gender dysphoria has always been around since the dawn of mankind. It never increased nor decreased. "Trend" will not increase it for sure except possibly to increase the attention to it.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

There's also several Facebook groups on Gender Nuetral Parenting or GNP.

Just one country
Sweden's
www.theguardian.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

a reply to: riiver

Not putting a gender on a birth certificate protects the child from that IF it happens (which is slim...i know) but if it doesnt happen...it doesnt hurt anything.

The latest US data estimated that there are about 0.6% of the population who would identify as transgender.

That means for every 1000 (one thousand) birth certificates issued only 6 people would not identify with the gender as identified the traditional way.

So, speaking on behalf of the 994 who DO identify with their birth gender, I don't think we need to go down the path of genderless certificates.

I maintain, that as the group is so small, they need to be managed carefully and one on one to help each person as an individual through their self identification questions.

They do need our help, but this idea is too flawed to ever work.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

There's also several Facebook groups on Gender Nuetral Parenting or GNP.

Just one country
Sweden's
www.theguardian.com...

I don't see that as a problem. That school is just treating children as equals and deals with sterotyping.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
So this equality thing is allowing children to be on an equal level with us, adults?

That's exactoy how a child grows up to have zero respect. Just my opinion, but when you start calling a child your 'friend' you've just informed them you aren't the authoritarian one who's in charge. an adult knows best, not a child.

There is no equal. We are all unique and we all have different roles, whether that's by occupation or being a parent or whatever.

I lost the quote I was referring to here

“We don’t say, ‘Come on boys, let’s go and play football,’ because there might be girls who want to play football,” says Frida Wikström, the schools’ coordinator. “We say ‘friends’ instead because it puts yourself on an equal level.”

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join