It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B.C. baby first to get health card without gender marker

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: AkontaDarkpaw

The reason why it starts with the birth certificate now is bc bigot lawmakers are bringing in birth certs to decide which girls get to play on the girls team and vice versa.

Your analogy is rediculous

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

The reason why it starts with the birth certificate now is bc bigot lawmakers are bringing in birth certs to decide which girls get to play on the girls team and vice versa.

It was intended as an extreme example not an analogy.

Well if you already knew the answer then why did you ask?

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

no, not an example, it was intended to protect the child from bigot law makers in the future.

I am still baffled on why you and others care so much about what others do with their lives.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

no, not an example, it was intended to protect the child from bigot law makers in the future.

I am still baffled on why you and others care so much about what others do with their lives.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: AkontaDarkpaw

beer? this early? on a work day?...sheesh

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AkontaDarkpaw

beer? this early? on a work day?...sheesh

Its 5:00pm somewhere. And it's a Monday. Might be one of those days... lol
edit on 3-7-2017 by AkontaDarkpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

No, I was born in the 80s. We had more channels

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

This is informative, I didn't know newborn infants grew genitals after they were born, I guess I owe the penis fairy for making me the man I am today.

You are designated as male or female because of a little thing called anatomy. Anyway I bet the couple are loving their bouncing baby unidentified and I'm sure it will grow up to be a very successful unidentified.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

This is informative, I didn't know newborn infants grew genitals after they were born, I guess I owe the penis fairy for making me the man I am today.

You are designated as male or female because of a little thing called anatomy. Anyway I bet the couple are loving their bouncing baby unidentified and I'm sure it will grow up to be a very successful unidentified.

God bless the penis fairy!

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet
a reply to: yadda333
Yes true it does not say "gender" but it does say sex which was always what we used to refer to male or female .
The parents are going for "gender" to be unspecified and wish to raise it this way.

No, the terms "sex" and "gender" are not interchangeable. I mean, that's the entire point of my post, that conflating and confusing these terms is leading to problems.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

This disturbs me.

The attitude in your post suggests you are combative over gender identity.

Let me be crystal clear on something here;

Gender identity is similar to sexuality - kids are exposed to and raised within social norms ie Male / Female and Heterosexual. This is a good thing. It helps society to maintain it's sense of cohesion and identity as a whole.

The focus needs to be as it always has been on identifying those individuals at an early age who show signs of gender dysphoria and treating them on an individual basis.

You cannot truthfully tell me that a 5 minute old baby who only knows how to cry, sleep, poop and breastfeed of Mom knows how it feels about it's gender identity. Therefore why should we accept that the arrogance of some SJW parents as being an authority on us deciding that a kid shoud be labelled genderless? After all, since the dawn of humanity gender has been decided and accepted by the vast and overwhelming majority as the plumbing you are born with.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
What I get out of this is, the "doctor/commander" on sight/seen.. Doesn't know what they're looking at? Sounds more like a parent mental health issue to me. I'm convinced the doctor knows the gender of the baby. Health card? Are we playing a video game? Sad fact is? This poor kid is f'ed up before it had a chance to live! It's government, parents, *insert*,..(parents should slap doctor around for incompetence)..(but "parents" appear mentally ill).. and nation failed them! Genderless? Really? Sounds like a certain "doctor" needs to take a "Sex Ed" class.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
Sounds like a certain "doctor" needs to take a "Sex Ed" class.

Sounds like said Doctor should be lose their medical practitioners license for being such an idiot. There is no harm in identifying a baby by it's genitalia.

There is one case and one case only where the ''U'' sex on identification would be acceptable - in the case of a hermaphrodite, who is born with both genitalia. But given that we are talking .0002% of the population here, it's a pretty slim chance this was the case in the OP story.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

Sounds like a certain "doctor" needs to take a "Sex Ed" class.

Sounds like said Doctor should be lose their medical practitioners license for being such an idiot. There is no harm in identifying a baby by it's genitalia.

There is one case and one case only where the ''U'' sex on identification would be acceptable - in the case of a hermaphrodite, who is born with both genitalia. But given that we are talking .0002% of the population here, it's a pretty slim chance this was the case in the OP story.

If i understood correctly mom had baby at home and filled in the information herself based on the understanding that the child would choose which gender they wanted to be later.

I think mom probably went through dysphoria herself and may think that her child shouldn't have the same struggles she did.

The trouble is, that she is raising her child as both genders until they decide what their gender is.

I don't think this is "wrong" so much as misguided.

I think its less important to choose a gender identity and more important to be sensitive and accepting if your child shows signs of dysphoria in the natural course of identity development.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

There should have been a midwife present at birth at the very least.

However.... This is one of those arguments where one cannot oppose the ideology here without risk of sounding insensitive. I believe that the social norm is and should remain unchalleneged that a child's gender identity is given at time of birth by the genitalia they are born with.

That does not mean that I am insensitive to gender dysphoria (I'm gay and I know all about growing up outside social norms)

My personal belief though is that we need to be better at identifying and helping those who have these issues rather than this all encompassing fight for everyone to be labelled as androgynous / pansexual. Those labels help nobody.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

This is Child Abuse Plain and Simple . How Long will Society Cater to the Mentally Ill among us ?

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

What I get out of this is, the "doctor/commander" on sight/seen.. Doesn't know what they're looking at? Sounds more like a parent mental health issue to me. I'm convinced the doctor knows the gender of the baby. Health card? Are we playing a video game? Sad fact is? This poor kid is f'ed up before it had a chance to live! It's government, parents, *insert*,..(parents should slap doctor around for incompetence)..(but "parents" appear mentally ill).. and nation failed them! Genderless? Really? Sounds like a certain "doctor" needs to take a "Sex Ed" class.

Well it said she had the baby out of the medical system (at home?) so no doctor was present. So being that this 'health card' as they're calling it in the article is really our standard Care card (medical card) that is now being combined with our BCID and even a drivers license, the latter two are now allowing for those to have no gender (they're calling "sex"). Although I assumed this should be for persons of age who've now discovered they have no gender and want to change it. She should not have been allowed to decide this for the child, but somehow it was.
edit on 3-7-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

Her argument or the genderless parenting society are that you shouldn't need to inspect genitals at birth to determine sex / gender.

What I don't get is the LGBT 🏳️‍🌈 people are always carrying on or trying to teach us that sex and gender aren't the same.

The whole thing is stupid

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Yes she is transgender, so to me she is already assuming the child will follow in her footsteps.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

a reply to: NowanKenubi
May as well throw out another dumb prediction:

schools shall no longer allow girls ooops I mean children to wear dresses. All must wear pants, because it may harm the child if it's forced ( yes forced) to identify as female. No bows in the hair. It's offensive. Additionally no more 'girls soccer teams' or 'Boys soccer teams'. Further more you shall all shower together.

Not so dumb! There are people (it seems) looking to create a homogeneous world. One set of values, one sex, one religion, one government... okay, so I'm being a bit facetious here, but, remember the one world government crap we heard years ago, from people like Alex Jones? At first I believed it. Then I thought it was BS... and now? I don't know.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: comfortablynumb

a reply to: NowanKenubi
May as well throw out another dumb prediction:

schools shall no longer allow girls ooops I mean children to wear dresses. All must wear pants, because it may harm the child if it's forced ( yes forced) to identify as female. No bows in the hair. It's offensive. Additionally no more 'girls soccer teams' or 'Boys soccer teams'. Further more you shall all shower together.

Not so dumb! There are people (it seems) looking to create a homogeneous world. One set of values, one sex, one religion, one government... okay, so I'm being a bit facetious here, but, remember the one world government crap we heard years ago, from people like Alex Jones? At first I believed it. Then I thought it was BS... and now? I don't know.

This is what is being pushed...

I think the LGBT community are being used as pawns plain and simple. It fits an agenda.

Why else would this be news?

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join