It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B.C. baby first to get health card without gender marker

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by:
NowanKenubi

Not so dumb! There are people (it seems) looking to create a homogeneous world. One set of values, one sex, one religion, one government... okay, so I'm being a bit facetious here, but, remember the one world government crap we heard years ago, from people like Alex Jones? At first I believed it. Then I thought it was BS... and now? I don't know.

This is what is being pushed...

I think the LGBT community are being used as pawns plain and simple. It fits an agenda.

Why else would this be news?

*News flash* to whoever thinks an homogeneous world is a good idea...

Human individuality and ingenuity make us who we are. If a cookie cutter world is what they're after then maybe they should terra form another planet like Mars or Venus and colonize it with the cookie cutter people. Let Earth continue on in its diversity.

We may be brilliant or stupid, rich or poor, of different races, cultures, and backgrounds with different quirk but THAT is human! Remove these qualities and choices and we cease to be human and move towards something else.

I don't think that raising a gender neutral child is even possible. Won't they ask whether they're a boy or a girl? Will the child even recognize themselves as one or the other?

edit on 3-7-2017 by AkontaDarkpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AkontaDarkpaw

I think the LGBT community are being used as pawns plain and simple. It fits an agenda.

Let me clarify this - the LGB community have what we want for the most part - marriage equality. I think it would be fair to say that a gay person is treated with the same level of person as a non white person is in western society. That is with respect and equality from the vast majority, with only a few pockets of ignorant close minded folk who will never change their way of thinking. These are just the a-holes of the world, and they will always exist.

The T part of the LGBT community however is going fully rogue. Their agenda was never very clear, as the LGB part of the community is the vast majority of the makeup and the focus has been on equality in relationships for so long. ie the T folk are a minority within a minority.

My assumption and support of / for them was always that they just wanted equality and understanding. They are now showing though that they are way more pushy and want plain crazy things like androgyny for children. This is something that the T community need to sit down and think through more thoroughly.

Yes, their struggle is difficult.

No however, this does not mean that they get dictate to everyone else that we give up our own gender identity to keep them happy.

The gay community never demanded straights stop getting married. We just said 'hey we wanna join the party too'

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

I know. Sad thing is? The educated "Dr." seems to be under some kind of a "P.C." "law". Most of us know the parents/breeders have no "rights"😏 Poor sap! Being thrown out there with no b*lls. Must be tough! Standing by, knowing,.. that the "truth" ain't being told. Maybe they'll take up gardening and save us from "global warming ".😐

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

Let me clarify this - the LGB community have what we want for the most part - marriage equality. I think it would be fair to say that a gay person is treated with the same level of person as a non white person is in western society. That is with respect and equality from the vast majority, with only a few pockets of ignorant close minded folk who will never change their way of thinking. These are just the a-holes of the world, and they will always exist.

The T part of the LGBT community however is going fully rogue. Their agenda was never very clear, as the LGB part of the community is the vast majority of the makeup and the focus has been on equality in relationships for so long. ie the T folk are a minority within a minority.

My assumption and support of / for them was always that they just wanted equality and understanding. They are now showing though that they are way more pushy and want plain crazy things like androgyny for children. This is something that the T community need to sit down and think through more thoroughly.

Yes, their struggle is difficult.

No however, this does not mean that they get dictate to everyone else that we give up our own gender identity to keep them happy.

The gay community never demanded straights stop getting married. We just said 'hey we wanna join the party too'

I have to admit my understanding of the T community isn't very good. I've met several lovely people within that community and have been friends with some but we never really discussed the issues or struggles they faced beyond the bare basics.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AkontaDarkpaw

I know some very lovely and quite normal transgender people and their path to gender change was not easy.

But for every one sane and well adjusted transgender person I know, I could think of at least two who have / are not coping very well and are well, to be polite quite bonkers.

The sane ones I know talk of how they just needed to be understood and supported as an individual through their extremely difficult time of understanding how they identify themselves. They have never told me that they think all of society should stop calling themselves male / female so that it takes the pressure off them. Only the crazy ones think like that.

On here you can tell the sane ones from the not so well ones by their language. You hear a lot of "I" and "Me" from the ones who want to push us into androgyny. They are looking for the world to change for them, rather than than accepting that it is they who need to change their view of the world. ie Classic denial. The sane ones know they are different, know they want to change and want our understanding and support. Which I do offer.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

a reply to: AkontaDarkpaw

I know some very lovely and quite normal transgender people and their path to gender change was not easy.

But for every one sane and well adjusted transgender person I know, I could think of at least two who have / are not coping very well and are well, to be polite quite bonkers.

The sane ones I know talk of how they just needed to be understood and supported as an individual through their extremely difficult time of understanding how they identify themselves. They have never told me that they think all of society should stop calling themselves male / female so that it takes the pressure off them. Only the crazy ones think like that.

On here you can tell the sane ones from the not so well ones by their language. You hear a lot of "I" and "Me" from the ones who want to push us into androgyny. They are looking for the world to change for them, rather than than accepting that it is they who need to change their view of the world. ie Classic denial. The sane ones know they are different, know they want to change and want our understanding and support. Which I do offer.

That makes perfect sense to me. They deserve our understanding and support but asking the world to change or demanding it, as you said, goes too far.

It's a good thing that not all of them demand the world to change for them.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Again, please, can anyone explain why putting a child's sex on their birth certificate is a bad thing?

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Completely consistent with the western belief that

you can be whatever you want to be !

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

Isn't that a good thing?

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Isn't that a good thing?

In this case no.

The child is not choosing who they want to be, it is the parent.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973
So they've gone and spoiled it by joining in,adding the T.

I wish they just had their own community.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Isn't that a good thing?

In this case no.

Didn't you read the OP?

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: riiver
Again, please, can anyone explain why putting a child's sex on their birth certificate is a bad thing?

It's something only a transgender can explain to you. I'm not one, so I don't know much.

I can only guess that they feel they were born in the wrong body and pissed off they were always told they were a boy, "act like a boy, do boys things" when inside they felt like a girl and vise versa for a girl feeling they're really a boy.

So maybe they are thinking I'm not gonna give my kid the boy or girl label and let them just become who they really feel like inside and the genitals mean nothing?

Genitals are what determines sex on ID . Hence they don't want it on there.
I don't know.

That's the best I can come up with

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Isn't that a good thing?

In this case no.

Didn't you read the OP?

I sure did. And it is the parents who wanted the unspecified gender - they refused to supply it

It comes as the baby’s parent fights to allow their child to develop their own gender identity.

Searyl’s parent Kori Doty is going to court against the Vital Statistics Agency for its refusal to issue a birth certificate for the child. Since the baby was born outside the medical system, there was no ‘genital inspection.’

“We’re not actually asking to have anyone’s ID changed against their will. We’re just asking to change the structure of how identification, particularly the birth certificate, starts out,” Doty said.

Doty said the goal is for the child to discover their own gender identity — and so far the decision hasn’t been a problem, even when people ask if the baby is a boy or a girl. “Often I’ll just say I don’t know yet, or I’m not rushing to apply those types of labels on this kid. Right now they’re just a baby.

Do you not see the insanity here?

The idiot parent wants to let the kid decide for themself if they are a boy or a girl.

Let's be realistic here - the chance of a kid identifying as transgender is 0.6% at best according to the latest data

About 1.4 million adults in the United States identify as transgender, double a widely used previous estimate, according to an analysis based on new federal and state data. As the national debate escalates over accommodations for transgender people, the new figure, though still just 0.6 percent of the adult population, is likely to raise questions about the sufficiency of services to support a population that may be larger than many policy makers assumed.

www.nytimes.com...

That means that there is less than a 1 in 100 chance that this little boy / girl and look down into their pants and think to themselvs, 'that thing don't look right to me'

So therefore abandoning the traditional practise of assigning a gender at birth is absolute total and utter insanity. It just isn't the way forward. It will never be.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet

So maybe they are thinking I'm not gonna give my kid the boy or girl label and let them just become who they really feel like inside and the genitals mean nothing?

Their thinking is actually *I am going to put them out there to fight my

battle.*

I dont believe that is an inherited condition?

Having been instrumental in bringing up three generations of children

in my family, I am fascinated by the interactions of very young children

and how they find themselves and assimilate.

I can remember some time ago a group of about five of around 4 year olds

meeting up for the first time and sizing each other up, (two of them were

boys with long hair)

One of the questions that came up was are you a boy or a girl.

They all affirmed that they were one or the other ..... Where does that

leave the poor child who is not allowed to be either sex??

From my experience its not children who are bothered about sex.... Its

adults who push the agenda.

Genitals are what determines sex on ID . Hence they don't want it on there.

I can visualise the future kindergartens where children will be looking down

theirs and each other's pants to define what they are

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet

It's something only a transgender can explain to you. I'm not one, so I don't know much.

I can only guess that they feel they were born in the wrong body...the genitals mean nothing?

This isn't really about genitals, specifically, there's a larger issue that is being developed here.

you can be whatever you want to be

It's the modern doctrine that is emerging. Science can remove your genitals and put back the opposite genitals there.

But, do you need genitals at all?

If you feel that inside your body you're " a roaring lion" , then, no matter that you have a human body, you're a lion.

If you think like a dog, then maybe you're really a dog.

People are now trying to use cosmetic surgery to transform themselves away from the human form. So, maybe you'd like to look like a "fish" or a "gender-less alien", like this guy,

Man transforms into Gender-less Alien

because he feels "on the inside" like an alien that is neither male nor female, nor transgender, nor any of the LGBTQ...he's gone beyond the alphabet soup.

What should his ID card say?

edit on 4-7-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

How about a squirrel? She eats mostly nuts, a lot of nuts, runs around the yard burying nuts, and wants to climb trees. So if she can be what she identifies it's tri-gender squirrel. Thing is, I don't know if squirrels can get health benefits, and if you get run over and your ID card says squirrel, maybe you get treated like every other squirrel that gets run over so your surviving family can't sue the driver for wrongful death of a squirrel. There could be some downsides.

19 year old girl, or is it squirrel, on tumbler:

I don't even know what tri-gender means, but I assume it means not an ordinary boy squirrel or girl squirrel. I guess this idea that you are how you identify yourself could be carried too far, if it hasn't been already.

The one case I'd support the "U" for gender or sex on an ID card is if the child is born intersex and will therefore decide sex/gender later, but that's less than 1% of the population; it's probably not a good idea for everybody.

edit on 201774 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

How about a squirrel? She eats mostly nuts, a lot of nuts, runs around the yard burying nuts, and wants to climb trees. So if she can be what she identifies it's tri-gender squirrel. Thing is, I don't know if squirrels can get health benefits, and if you get run over and your ID card says squirrel, maybe you get treated like every other squirrel that gets run over so your surviving family can't sue the driver for wrongful death of a squirrel. There could be some downsides.

I don't even know what tri-gender means, but I assume it means not an ordinary boy squirrel or girl squirrel. I guess this idea that you are how you identify yourself could be carried too far, if it hasn't been already.

The one case I'd support the "U" for gender or sex on an ID card is if the child is born intersex and will therefore decide sex/gender later, but that's less than 1% of the population; it's probably not a good idea for everybody.

Welcome to the Age of Aquarius...

Its the time when individuality and conforming to society envelopes are pushed to extremes.

We will have the collective society vs the individual.

Interesting times ahead!

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

Thank you. I've been reading through this whole thread, where the majority of people think this is a terrible and/or ridiculous idea...and they all have reasons to back up those opinions. Regardless of whether you (not you personally, "you" generally) agree with those reasons, they still lay out logical reasons why it's a bad idea. Then there are those who think it's a good idea--but I haven't seen any of those in support give a single reason why the traditional method is a bad thing.

I can't quite get my head around this, even when I look at it from the transgender viewpoint. I mean, the whole idea of transgenderism isn't that the person in question has NO sex, or that they have NO gender. It's that they DO have a sex (male or female physical body) and gender (male or female mind/emotional setup/spirit etc) and that they feel their inside and outside don't match up. "I'm a man trapped in a woman's body" and vice versa. So I don't see how, even for them, putting the physical sex of the baby on their birth certificate is a bad thing, since the whole issue is about a person's inside and their outside not being aligned. Not putting sex on the birth certificate isn't going to change that.

Can someone who's in favor of the genderless birth certificate explain?

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

Welcome to the Age of Aquarius...

Its the time when individuality and conforming to society envelopes are pushed to extremes.

We will have the collective society vs the individual.

Interesting times ahead!

Well, science has news for this girl: if she only eats nuts, she's going to get extremely fat (because nuts are insanely high-calorie) AND she's going to end up so malnourished (because you simply can't meet all your nutritional needs from nuts alone) that she's hospitalized at some point...I know our kids were all taught "You can be anything you want to be" but...smh.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join