It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean torture victim, Otto Warmbier dies.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   

edit on 21-6-2017 by DreamerOracle because: Redacted Statement

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Several folks have posited here about long term torture (drugs, waterboarding, etc), but one must ask the question; "why?" What reason would NK have for long term, repeated, torture of Warbier? He wasn't old enough to have been of any significant intelligence value, so what purpose would it have served? Historically none of the Kims have been 'into' subtle forms of torture, they like to blow things up, shoot them with anti-aircraft guns or have packs of wild dogs eat them alive...all in front of crowds of spectators (sick bastages).

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
One theory I saw raised was he was administered sodium pentothol (essentially used as a truth serum) because the North thought he may have been CIA. During these interrogations to much was administered resulting in the medical issue.

No evidence to support that theory other than past incidents.

The theory was raised by a former military or intelligence guy on Foxnews.

We wont ever find out it seems as the idiot parents wont allow a autopy that will prove North Korean Mistreatment.

Stupidity is a family trait it seems......

If they wont allow a autopsy then North Koreas claim about botulism may as well be true.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

That is interesting, I hadn't heard that.

Definitely a boneheaded move on their part. In fact, so ultra-stupid that I just lost a whole lot of respect for this whole matter! The whole "innocent little boy" thing just went out the window. Religious zealot maybe, or some other kind of family-crazy, but definitely not average Joe, John Q. Public, type.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

Let me gaze into my crystal ball...Lil' kim will get salty and threaten the US with nukes again and The gov't will impose sanctions again. it's a Ferris wheel and a revolving door rolled all into one.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
SecState today told his Chinese counterparts to either fix N. Korea or we would.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I wonder if the short cultic #ers sent him back either infected inside him or biochemically to spread -_- future zombie apocalypse!?! Haha nah but still what if.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

i bet you all the training SOF have been doing might be put to use shortly.

as far as Otto goes, it's very tragic and no excuses will be good enough.

but SOMETHING needs to be done, if i were kim i would have a dead mans switch hooked up to my heart like in the movie SPAWN, hooked to my nukes and chem/bio weapons.

i hope they know where all those tunnels are, a nuke detonated under Seoul would be devastating let alone if it was followed up by chem or bio weapons AND artillery

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: SBMcG

Let me gaze into my crystal ball...Lil' kim will get salty and threaten the US with nukes again and The gov't will impose sanctions again. it's a Ferris wheel and a revolving door rolled all into one.

No offense to your crystal balls, but Trump prides himself on being a problem-solver. I think the last thing he's going to do is leave Kim in power.

And my guess is that long-overdue action is going to come sooner rather than later.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Dont see why everyone angry.

Fact is you DONT go to north korea.

And if you do go you DONT commit theft.

Otto should earn a Darwin award.

North korea rid the USA of a idiot. Not something your in short supply of.

Maybe you Americans should think twice about visting a bat# insane tyranical country thats hates the USA and has a history of arresting US citizens for laughs?

I'm an American and I'm not having any thoughts of visiting NK or other bat**** insane tyrannical countries just like many other Americans, that posted in this thread, that are saying how dumb it was for Otto W. going there.
edit on 22-6-2017 by wickd_waze because: ASU

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
A question I would ask those who oppose taking military action to at the very least destroy Kim’s nuclear program, what say you about this?

The destroyer John Paul Jones, running the Navy’s top-of-the-line Aegis Baseline 9.C2 combat system, failed to intercept a medium-range ballistic missile launched from the Pacific Missile Range Facility at Kauai, Hawaii [on 21 June 2017].

US Navy ballistic missile intercept test fails

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG
A question I would ask those who oppose taking military action to at the very least destroy Kim’s nuclear program, what say you about this?

I fully support military action to stop there nuclear program. It needs to be stopped.

I just dont agree with a war being over a retarded American who decided to go to a tyranical country, known for both hating Americans and being brutal and, then comitting theft.......
Idiots are responsible for there own actions. Personal responsibility.

No war for Otto.

But war to stop Kims nuclear ambitions probably needs to be done if China cant stop them.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

edit on 6/22/2017 by Blaine91555 because: Removed post for violation.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

If it would have been me using terms like “retarded American” and referring to a murder victim as an “idiot”, I would have already had my post removed for “political trolling” and been given another ominous and peremptory warning threatening my account.

If you go to North Korea you are a idiot.

You steal something in North Korea then yes you are a RETARD.

so yes Otto was a Idiot and a Retard.

As for murder? Well seeing as his dip# parents wont allow a autopsy there is no evidence.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

If it would have been me using terms like “retarded American” and referring to a murder victim as an “idiot”, I would have already had my post removed for “political trolling” and been given another ominous and peremptory warning threatening my account.

As for murder? Well seeing as his dip# parents wont allow a autopsy there is no evidence.

And that there is the most surprising and unexpected chapter in this entire Otto episode.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

And that there is the most surprising and unexpected chapter in this entire Otto episode.

The Warmbier's are Jewish. Otto was active in the Hillel student organization. People of the Jewish faith are strictly opposed to autopsy with rare exception.

...[A]n autopsy for insurance purposes, or to determine the cause of death for the government/ medical records is not permitted.

ASk the Rabbi: Jewish teachings on autopsies

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

During his incarceration, Warmbier’s family was advised to keep his Jewish background and identity concealed while officials tried to negotiate his release, a negotiator told The Times of Israel.
That was because the North Korean justification for his imprisonment centered on a dubious claim that Warmbier had stolen a propaganda poster in a Pyongyang hotel lobby on orders from the Friendship United Methodist Church in Wyoming, Ohio, to bring it back “as a trophy” in exchange for a used car worth $10,000.
“We didn’t want to share it,” said Mickey Bergman, who worked on negotiations for Warmbier’s release, referring to the fact of Warmbier’s Jewishness. “The family chose, rightfully so, not to share that information while he was in captivity… because they didn’t want to embarrass [North Korea] by explaining that he actually was Jewish” and thus would not have been affiliated with the church.
“That’s why that part of the story was kept quiet,” added Bergman, executive director of The Richardson Center, an organization founded by former New Mexico governor Bill Richardson that works to negotiate the release of prisoners and hostages held by hostile regimes.
Warmbier was visiting the reclusive Asian nation on a New Year’s student tour in January 2016. He was arrested just before departing Pyongyang International Airport. Earlier in his trip, he was briefly detained for taking down a sign on a staff-only floor at the Yanggakdo International Hotel, where he was staying.

Otto Warmbier was layed to rest today June 22, 2017 in Wyoming, Ohio.

L'hitraot Mensch

Buck

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Their faith frowns upon, if not out right forbids, it.

...and he was laid to rest today.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Their faith frowns upon, if not out right forbids, it.

...and he was laid to rest today.

So there js no evidence of foul play then.

Basically he could of died the way North Korea said.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Yep.

So, essentially, the story, what ever it was, is over. We're not going to go to war, there's going to be no actions taken.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join