It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean torture victim, Otto Warmbier dies.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Crying shame Rodman couldn't share the same treatment as Otto Warmbier...

Maybe then that stupid commie loving trash could accept Kim Fat Un for what the little cake eater is.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

Maybe then that stupid commie loving trash could accept Kim Fat Un for what the little cake eater is.

If rodman gets killed its his own dam fault too.

I travel alot but I am smart enough to know you dont go to north korea.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   

I travel alot but I am smart enough to know you dont go to north korea.

Truth granted...

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   

i will re write that for you :

i travel a lot - and have the sense not to deliberatly offend the locals and break thier laws

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Otto, probably got subjected to a NK 50s type of horror movie laboratory set up and had his brain fried with endless electro-shock treatments that I personally seen being done at a Psyche Ward I was confined at for many months in my youth

radiation damage would be obvious, so electro-shock is about thee only method I can think of which will destroy brain tissue without the need for intrusive surgery..
(well, the NK experimenters could have accessed mr. Warmbiers' brain thru the nasal holes, but i'm sure they would not have sent him back home in a coma if there were any evidence noticeable of intrusive brain experiments)

chemical or electric damage to the brain tissue could/might be obscured after some 12 months of healing

what a souvenir junkie... if he had just took a cell phone picture of the propaganda poster, instead of stealing it ---- all would have been well
edit on th30149795380220162017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Poor guy,

I know what "Dubya's " response would be.

I'm secretly hoping that President Trump will respond in a very un-measured way to this.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   
The threshold has been broken cause one dumb ass went to a place he should never have been and acted foul.
Now we must strike
Big steaming load that is
edit on 20-6-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Well US has released strong warning concerning the other Americans still been held hostage in NK.

Let see what the very strong warning is to do.

Now US is demanding the release of the other ones.

The parents said that their son looked anguish but as soon he was surrounded by the family he looked at peace.

People needs to stop taking tours to that darn country.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

Hope you're going to enlist

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: SBMcG

I have an MA in Psychology. I know more about neurological disorders than you do.

ok tom cruise

outside the realm of possibility to think that this kid hung himself?
going right to the torture huh?

i think it is far more likely that he hung himself. why would they torture some random #head?
makes no sense
If he had Hung himself, they definitely would've left enough of a mark for any medical staff to notice. So I seriously doubt that he hung himself.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

Kim loves Rodman, that's the only reason Rodman goes, because Kim asked him to come. we are pretty desperate to get any information behind the North Korean walls they don't necessarily advertise what they're up to.
edit on 20-6-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
First of all, I personally think the Jong Un regime is a bunch of sub-human animal creatures who would be better off if they were tossed off a bridge in a weighted bag into a river where they'd be consumed by bottom feeding scum and crustaceans. (Hopefully, my feelings are clear here).

That said, several points of consideration in this matter:

1. North Korea is FAR from a "tourist attraction" unless you consider the graveyard at Auschwitz a tourist attraction. Simply put, it's just not a "fun" place. Any person traveling there thinking it will be is sorely mistaken and misguided.

2. Outsiders, especially those from the US, who travel to NK need to fully understand and ACCEPT that travel to NK includes risks up to, and including, not coming home from NK...ever (i.e. Death).

3. Sadly, for the Warbier family, one person, on a non-political "vacation" travel jaunt to NK does not WW3 make. The facts are; Otto Warmbier traveled to North Korea on his own volition, with ample access to information concerning the dangers he could face there. That he chose to ignore some of these realities and got in serious trouble as a result is, unfortunately, no excuse.

4. People need to understand that when traveling to a 3rd world country the value placed on human life is far, far, different from western countries. They should further understand that even in western countries the level of medical care in a prison is far less than that of non-prison medical care. When you combine a 3rd world country and a prison in a 3rd world country, you should have no expectation of any level of medical proficiency...at all. It's unfortunate, but it is also a fact of life.

5. Otto Warbier's death, while tragic, is not a justification to go start launching cruise missiles into Pyongyang. As much as many of us would love to have this be the case, it simply isn't a justification to put millions of people in harms way, which is exactly what such an act would do.

6. How Otto Warmbier died, at this point, is probably mostly irrelevant. It's a safe bet to say, he went to North Korea, was accused and convicted of a crime by a kangaroo court and was killed. Even call it 'executed' if you wish. The net result is the same.

7. In addition to the obvious and inherent risks of traveling to a 3rd world country (as noted above), traveling to a 3rd world country with no diplomatic relations with your country of origin is exponentially more dangerous and risky for any of a number of reasons.

8. Those who call for "surgical strikes", or nuking the country, or any other such nonsense should ask themselves one simple question: "Would I willingly put myself, or one (or more) of my loved ones, on the front lines of the battle, war if you will, which will almost certainly result???" If the answer is "no", then that person should re-think the arm-chair quarterbacking.

9. Dennis Rodman - Dennis Rodman is an idiot, and that's pretty much all you can say about Dennis Rodman. Dennis Rodman is interested in Dennis Rodman, and Dennis Rodman ONLY.

10. RIP Otto Warbier. You were likely a good kid who might have gone places, and you will be missed by many.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
The only reason NK is still where they are at, is because the help they get from China, let rest assure that the goal of NK is to become nuclear.

If they get to advance that far in their nuclear ambitions, they will be taken down, no by the present administration but eventually in the future by whomever is in power, specially if Kim is still in power.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The real question is...."What is the United States Government going to do about it?" Yeah North Korea killed him but what are they going to do? Ask for an apology or do what should have been done 30 years ago and bomb them into nothingness. I have a feeling that they will just impose sanctions and go on to the next media event. I guess Americans need to stay out of North Korea.....

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ltheghost

So either way the citizens lose.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

"The modern era" where there are still places where you are sentenced to 15 years of hard labor for stealing a poster.

when you are in another country you have to play by their rules

Especially if you feel the need to go to NK(clearly labelled as a dangerous place for Americans) and for some reason you decide to do a thing you know will put you in a "concentration camp" where you will probably die.This was all on him and nobody needs to bomb anybody for this.
I agree with all your replies on this thread Yolandi.

(post by Nyaghogghua removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
Well US has released strong warning concerning the other Americans still been held hostage in NK.

Held hostage?

Might want to check a dictionary.
edit on 20-6-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ltheghost
The real question is...."What is the United States Government going to do about it?" Yeah North Korea killed him but what are they going to do? Ask for an apology or do what should have been done 30 years ago and bomb them into nothingness. I have a feeling that they will just impose sanctions and go on to the next media event. I guess Americans need to stay out of North Korea.....

So.. start a war that would most likely end up in 10s of thousands of South Korea casualties (our allies), and anger China over one guy who did something stupid in a country he should never have visited in the first place? I'm thinking.. no. If you visit the U.S. passport and travel site you can read:

The Department of State strongly warns U.S. citizens not to travel to North Korea/the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK). U.S. citizens in the DPRK are at serious risk of arrest and long-term detention under North Korea’s system of law enforcement.

So.. after someone blatantly ignores this, and perhaps even does something as stupid as to steal from a hotel (would not at all put it past NK to fabricate the charges), we should go to WAR over it? haha.. no.

I feel bad for the fellow, but you need to use common sense. Want to live dangerous and bungee jump or swim with sharks? Ok. Go to NK? Yea.. not a good idea.

edit on 20-6-2017 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Did I misspell the word? well sorry about that.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join