It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean torture victim, Otto Warmbier dies.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune
Ita. Imho the "threshold" has been crossed and the U.S. needs to take military action. I never thought I'd see the day when one of our enemies would do this to an American, and that our gov't would sit back and do nothing.

Happens all the time. There are american citizens doing time all over the world.

The US doesn't pardon and release people from other countries either.

This is faux rage.
edit on 19-6-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Ita. Imho the "threshold" has been crossed and the U.S. needs to take military action. I never thought I'd see the day when one of our enemies would do this to an American, and that our gov't would sit back and do nothing.

Happens all the time. There are american citizens doing time all over the world.

The US doesn't pardon and release people of other countries either.

This is faux rage.

First, my rage over this horrific murder of a fellow American is not "faux". It's real, baby!

When you claim "[t]he US doesn't pardon and release people of other countries either", you're kidding, right?

Do you know how many illegal alien FELONS are released from custody in this country on a daily basis? Do you know how many THOUSANDS of law-breaking illegal aliens are allowed to return to their home country with not so much as a scratch?

I cannot believe there are people out there trying to establish some moral equivalency between the United States and North Korea.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG
First, my rage over this horrific murder of a fellow American is not "faux". It's real, baby!

It's a figure of speech.

When you claim "[t]he US doesn't pardon and release people of other countries either", you're kidding, right?

Do you know how many illegal alien FELONS are released from custody in this country on a daily basis? Do you know how many THOUSANDS of law-breaking illegal aliens are allowed to return to their home country with not so much as a scratch?

Being released on bail and being pardoned are not the same. ETA: Neither is ICE just not picking you up.

At the border an ICE agent can just turn people around. That isn't the same either. Have a problem with the laws on the books? That isn't NK's fault.

I cannot believe there are people out there trying to establish some moral equivalency between the United States and North Korea.

Are they or is that just a strawman?
edit on 19-6-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

ISIS beheaded Americans and sent the film to the media. We're still figuring out how to eradicate that organization.

A war with North Korea is not needed. We send billions of dollars to our intelligence agencies every freakin year, and they can't figure out a way to covertly get rid of one guy who likes to come out and parade around in public?

Like I said earlier, a Dennis Rodman look-a-like could potentially save the world right now!

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I disagree. Obama had a long history of being weak and failed.

Of course you disagree, your ideological purity requires it
Yet for 8 years, people screamed Obama was not just weak, but also a warmonger with 8 theaters active, toppling dictators, etc.
The spin was, and continues to be, completely out of control and what cultists (from both extremes) push daily.

You are a fringe partisan, you are the Trump should be impeached from day 1 because he is evil mirror...there is no difference, only what football team you cheer.

Anyhow, we shall see what the autopsy reveals, as far as action..nothing will happen because Trump already wiggled his finger at NK. Meanwhile right and left both have failed and will fail at taking out fatboy

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Like I said earlier, a Dennis Rodman look-a-like could potentially save the world right now!

LMMFLWAO!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
Atrazine can turn male frogs into females... so who knows

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

LMMFLWAO!!!

Think about it. Dennis can see Kim Jong whenever he wants to. All he has to say is that he lost an expensive earring and needs to come back to find it. Kim will no doubt wish to see Dennis again. The rest will be glorious history.... with the CIA reaping major kudos and global respect. The Dennis Rodman look-a-like will have saved millions of people, and reap a reward in heaven.

Hey...for all we know, Dennis Rodman could have started the process while in North Korea this past week. A little radiation sprinkled over Kim's dinner would get the job done..slowly, but effectively. That's how PUTIN got rid of one of his enemies last year, if you recall.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

The US doesn't pardon and release people of other countries either.

This is faux rage.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Between how the Trump Administration handled this issue and that of other Americans being held in NK and the nuke issues, I'd say that it most likely won't do any more than what it's already done.

In other words, a strong written statement abt NK and create more sanctions, neither of which will accomplish anything.

It feels as if Obama is still in office.

After my struggle w/obtaining health coverage at Medicare (inc. the filing of a Congressional, etc) and now this, I am now a former Trump voter.

I can't believe this Administration, which touted itself as much tougher than the previous one, has basically rolled over and is allowing Lil' Kim to run amok w/o a single SERIOUS challenge.

Let's say our citizens being held there are guilty of the crimes they've been accused of. Everyone has to admit that NK has no "justice" system to speak of.

If our prisons did the same thing as NK, the UN would be on our backsides in a hurry. Funny that they won't do likewise with NK.

The time to act is now. I hope Trump will prove me wrong and that he will show the world he isn't another paper tiger, ala Barack Obama and Neville Chamberlain.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The real McCoy, so to speak, as far as I know is still in NK.

Wanna bet he'd regret making the trip if his buddy made him stay as a permanent "guest?"

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

LMMFLWAO!!!

Think about it. Dennis can see Kim Jong whenever he wants to. All he has to say is that he lost an expensive earring and needs to come back to find it. Kim will no doubt wish to see Dennis again. The rest will be glorious history.... with the CIA reaping major kudos and global respect. The Dennis Rodman look-a-like will have saved millions of people, and reap a reward in heaven.

Hey...for all we know, Dennis Rodman could have started the process while in North Korea this past week. A little radiation sprinkled over Kim's dinner would get the job done..slowly, but effectively. That's how PUTIN got rid of one of his enemies last year, if you recall.

Heh heh...

Maybe "Dennis" could slip the fat midget a roofie when no one is looking and wear him as a hat right out the front door!

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I think Trump & Co has this. I for one am content to let it play out.

We're only 5 months into the Trump presidency, so I think I'll give him a bit more time before I worry.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

12v - 100amps = no pain , no marks , no nothing [ hint - grap both poles of a truck battery - - it is safe ]

try 50 ooo v , 1 milliamp - now that hurts

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   
What in the name of God is a tween doing in North Korea...... What kind of parents allow their kids to do stupid things like that? There is a reason we teach our kids to look both ways before crossing the street. If this kids parents payed for his passport, his plane tickets and gave him money to "Have a good time overseas".... then they killed their own son.

I in no way condone the treatment that he received from the NK.....but if you send your kid out to play in the street and he gets hit by a car...... guess whose fault it is.

Collage students seems to do the stupidest things now days..... wonder who put the stupid idea of going to NK into this kids head in the first place

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Dont see why everyone angry.

Fact is you DONT go to north korea.

And if you do go you DONT commit theft.

Otto should earn a Darwin award.

North korea rid the USA of a idiot. Not something your in short supply of.

Maybe you Americans should think twice about visting a bat# insane tyranical country thats hates the USA and has a history of arresting US citizens for laughs?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Maybe you Americans should think twice about visting a bat# insane tyranical country thats hates the USA and has a history of arresting US citizens for laughs?

Nice job of endorsing an inappropriate response for an inappropriate action. I guess you'd have someone beaten into a coma for stealing a Uk pamphlet?

Why excuse NK?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   

It's truly sick how leftists descended on this thread to deflect from this act of barbarism.

I've always known what side they were on, I guess they don't even try to hide it anymore.

This young man was at the least mistreated. The Norks have a long history of torture.

This is an Act of War as far as I'm concerned.

Why is everything left or right to you binary brained Americans?

I believe in personal responsibility.
A right belief.

And part of personal responsibility is that if you do something stupid you get to live or die with the consequences.

There are a dozen legitimate reasons to go to war with North Korea. The death of a imbecile that decided to go visit a bat # insane tyranical country and commit a crime is not one of them.
edit on 20-6-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

originally posted by: crazyewok

Nice job of endorsing an inappropriate response for an inappropriate action. I guess you'd have someone beaten into a coma for stealing a Uk pamphlet?

Why excuse NK?

Strawman argument much.

No i dont endorse such punishment.

But north korea is not my country and there legal system is not my concern.

I think north korea are bat# insane and dangrous WHICH IS WHY I WOULD NOT VISIT THE DAMMED PLACE!

And there have been more than a few prisoners die from mistreatment in US custody......

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

The laws of the country you are in. Them's the facts, I'm sorry to say.

Litter in Singapore, get caned. Steal a political poster go to jail.

When you visit a foreign land, be aware that the rules may be just slightly different, and not in a kinder, gentler fashion, either.

Yes, it's a shame he died. My condolences to his family, and friends.

Exactly.

Dont like the laws of another country, dont visit, especially if its a tyranical unpredictable dictatorship that hates your country.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join