It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2017 UK General Election RESULTS Thread

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I must say I like the UK practice of having all the candidates in one location to hear the results. It is quite interesting to see their reactions as the results are announced. Nick Clegg, who just lost his seat of the last 12 years, is handing the situation with a lot of class although obviously disappointed. He's making quite a speech at the moment.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

Gotta link for that?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Laffin my arse off at the number SNP lost mp's so far

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

I saw him on BBC and he got a little way into things and then they cut away for results in another place.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

and immediately divorce all right wingers from making any choices about any of the methods or the shape of the exit from the EU what so ever.

I had always admired you when you were level headed and impartial, but....for a while now, you've been sounding like one of our radical Liberals. "Only our side gets to run things and ban anyone who doesn't think like us".

WTH happened?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I must say I like the UK practice of having all the candidates in one location to hear the results.

I agree.

I'm really liking the way they do that too... it's interesting to see their reactions as they all stand up there together side by side and congratulating each other properly on the spot.

The Brits know how to do government the right way.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Tory and Labour coalition would make it a National Government befit to deal with Nation's problems i hope .

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Excuse me Brits whats the swing all about NHS,health care cuts,terror?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Labour is holding a 20 seat lead over the Conservatives quite steadily all the way along. I know it is early, but could there be a Labour surprise in the offing? Could the polls be that wrong?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Theresa May and her opponents. She's speaking at the moment.

That's Lord Buckethead in the middle. (No, I'm not joking.)
edit on 8-6-2017 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

What's with the Tickle-Me-Elmo guy ?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
03.27 hrs Glad I stayed up to see Theresa May, she knows she's blown it. Calling for a period of stability, good grief she's the one who called the damned election in the first place, absolutely clueless.

I'll be amazed if she survives the weekend.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

I don't know. I didn't check the complete slate in Maidenhead riding, but I have to say that I absolutely love the British style in all of this. I hope they never adopt the North American flashy, shove out the kooks, anti-democratic way.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Tis the old Monster Raving Loony Party candidate
always good for a laugh. They have some great policies including a cooling off period of 30days after your vote...in case you change your mind LOL
Monster Raving Loony Party Policies
edit on 8-6-2017 by PhyllidaDavenport because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: TrueBrit

and immediately divorce all right wingers from making any choices about any of the methods or the shape of the exit from the EU what so ever.

I had always admired you when you were level headed and impartial, but....for a while now, you've been sounding like one of our radical Liberals. "Only our side gets to run things and ban anyone who doesn't think like us".

WTH happened?

It's been noted by a number of people in a number of threads.

Ah well, we all have our moments. TrueBrit is always worth listening to in a thread, even on the occasions that we disagree. Got a good mind for cutting through the B/S, that lad.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Agreed.

The "crazies" have every democratic right to run too... and we have every right to vote for them.

Our politicians on this side of the pond have broomsticks rammed up their arses. They could use a little "crazy" injected into their stuffed shirts while they blow hot air out both sides of their mouths.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

Tis the old Monster Raving Loony Party candidate
always good for a laugh. They have some great policies including a cooling off period of 30days after your vote...in case you change your mind LOL
Monster Raving Loony Party Policies

LOL

Love that !

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

My all time fave Monster besides Screaming Lord Sutch was Mr Tarquin Fintimlinbinwhinbimlim Bus Stop F'tang F'tang Ole Biscuit Barrel who unfortunately besides being soundly beaten at Corby some years back also had the humiliation of the Returning Officer refusing to read out his name lol bless him

We also had the Hyppo Party The Fancy Dress Party and the Sunshine Party....after that the Government upped the fee needed to stand for election from £500 to £5000 which sadly weeded out our loonies

We do like our eccentrics

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

My all time fave Monster besides Screaming Lord Sutch was Mr Tarquin Fintimlinbinwhinbimlim Bus Stop F'tang F'tang Ole Biscuit Barrel who unfortunately besides being soundly beaten at Corby some years back also had the humiliation of the Returning Officer refusing to read out his name lol bless him

We also had the Hyppo Party The Fancy Dress Party and the Sunshine Party....after that the Government upped the fee needed to stand for election from £500 to £5000 which sadly weeded out our loonies

We do like our eccentrics

Bless your country! We could learn a thing or two!

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

On this side of the pond they are such a bunch of stuffed shirts. Mrs. May didn't look happy about the "line up" but she was a good sport about it and everybody behaved, probably because they were not being shunted out of the way, but having their moment as per tradition.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join