It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2017 UK General Election RESULTS Thread

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
English riot control is fun to watch.

I'm still annoyed that they wouldn't let Boris use those water cannon that he bought. Spoilsports

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

Nope, because you haven't been a complete arse about it since Indyref. We're happy to offer you our sympathies and condolences.

#Indyref2 make it so!

Nae bother.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
One thing is undeniable - had it not been for two years of the media trying to rubbish Corbyn and half the members of his own party doing the same while trying to oust him, this would have been a clear win for Labour.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Wow, they're now saying that it's pretty much impossible for the tories to get a majority government.

This election is turning out to be a major game changer.

Prepare for screams of May getting ousted over the next week, or two, or twelve...

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
Wow, they're now saying that it's pretty much impossible for the tories to get a majority government.

This election is turning out to be a major game changer.

Prepare for screams of May getting ousted over the next week, or two, or twelve...

I think those screams would happen anyway. May is finished.... wait, there aren't any Tory politicians called June, by any chance? Because that would be such an awesome headline...

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

June or no June, the headlines in British papers tomorrow are going to be hilarious.

"Off with her head !"

The rats will be scrambling over each other to be the first to jump from the ship of May.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

June or no June, the headlines in British papers tomorrow are going to be hilarious.

"Off with her head !"

The rats will be scrambling over each other to be the first to jump from the ship of May.

It's the curse of the replacement PM. Gordon Brown got the job without an election and got thrashed at the polls. May has taken a drubbing.

I really hope that BoJo steps up and claims the Iron Throne.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Officially 'hung' a moment ago.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

"Off with her head !"

It's the curse of the replacement PM. Gordon Brown got the job without an election and got thrashed at the polls. May has taken a drubbing.

I really hope that BoJo steps up and claims the Iron Throne.

Only if he promises to stop using Trump's hairdresser.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I hope the people of the UK gets the PM they need.

I wish good luck!

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

We're getting a fudge! I hope a fudge is good at negotiating BREXIT and not calling for stalls.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Conservatives now predicted at 318 seats. Question is will they try to push through with a minority government or go for a coalition.

If they go for the second option, who will it be? SNP have most of the 'also ran' seats, but are massively at odds with Tory policy, as are the Lib Dems. DUP hold 10 seats, so would take them over the threshold.

Time will tell...

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: PaddyInf
Conservatives now predicted at 318 seats. Question is will they try to push through with a minority government or go for a coalition.

If they go for the second option, who will it be? SNP have most of the 'also ran' seats, but are massively at odds with Tory policy, as are the Lib Dems. DUP hold 10 seats, so would take them over the threshold.

Time will tell...

DUP seems like a poison pill.

Everyone else is talking about no deals, but support on a case-by-case basis. May might feel weak enough to need the surety of numbers, but it might involve a deal with a devil that will haunt the rest of her time as PM.

edit on Ev17FridayFridayAmerica/ChicagoFri, 09 Jun 2017 00:17:49 -05002622017b by EvillerBob because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I don't understand British politics.

Seems crazy the conservatives aren't doing well given the country is at war with an enemy intent on blowing them up.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Seems crazy the conservatives aren't doing well given the country is at war with an enemy intent on blowing them up.

Labour has a rich seam of useful idiots to mine, unfortunately.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Ha! I called a hung parliament (again) IRL and indeed it delivered.

My hung parliament streak 3/4

edit on 9-6-2017 by auroraaus because: got too over eager !

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
If the Conservatives get 3 more seats they can form a majority government with a DUP
Collalition who said they would.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Labour has a rich seam of useful idiots to mine, unfortunately.

Or maybe people realised voting for a party that has slashed police funding wasn't the smart choice.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Prefer that to Corbyn and SNP wonder who'll be next pm now May lost it

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Wow. You fall asleep in the chair in 2017 and wake up in 1974.

I don't think this is remotely good news for those of us who wanted out of The EU.

on the plus side, Nick Clegg. Haha. Serves you bloody right, you snake.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join