It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Went to a local mosque and this is what I overheard being taught to young Muslims

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: destination now

originally posted by: ISeekTruth101

a reply to: ISeekTruth101

There were probably about 25 boys there from what I saw, and two teachers. I overheard the teacher saying the following things to the young Muslims:

that's a shame that the girls were not allowed to join in ...that really is my big issue with islam, that it segregates the sexes and in many ways treats women and girls as 2nd class citizens

That's not entirely true, I have visited this particular Mosque before and I have seen young girls (as old as the boys) enter from a backside entrance to the upper floor to receive their education. It all is of course segregated.

But why is it segregated, and why the heck should girls use the back entrance, sorry but your religion is so disrespectful of women that I cannot support it in any way.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Have you considered that was for your benefit? Perhaps the first part of training is docile, but Islam does not resonate with that speech you "overheard".

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: 23432

Well that was totally scripted, bears no relation to the shuffling women dressed head to toe in black that I've seen in areas of the UK, let alone Saudi..they can't even go out on their own.

And of course, totally ignores my question, which was not about hijabs, it was about segregation and separate entrances, how is that empowering?

ETA I prefer to walk through the front door, with my head held high, and be accepted and welcomed into a place as an equal, that, to me, is empowerment.
edit on 10-6-2017 by destination now because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Way to straw man this argument what is opressive is making it mandatory like many countries do. If there was a choice that would be empowering. When there is no choice it is demeaning. In other countries it's so bad that the only thing they can let people see is there ankles. There should never be a situation were people are forced to hide themselves because of others.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

It's the perversion of the centuries old principles contained within the religion by fundamentalist bawbags with there own agenda at play that's the problem.

Same could be said regarding all organised religious practice throughout recorded history.

According to some retards, God not happy with the implication of omnipotence, is always going to want our monies, and may from time to time, require his loyal worshippers to kill indiscriminately in his name for whatever implied slur or reason that comes to hand.

Fact of the matter is that people kill people, God, Allah or what ever other anthropomorphised deity has nothing to do with the matter.

edit on 10-6-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Being a person that has been to the middle east many times, I don't believe it. I have seen severe hatred toward me just because I wasn't a muslim. No matter what people say about Islam, the followers hate me and want to kill me. They are taught to kill the Infidel, and I will not forget that.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ConstitutionalPatriot
Being a person that has been to the middle east many times, I don't believe it. I have seen severe hatred toward me just because I wasn't a muslim. No matter what people say about Islam, the followers hate me and want to kill me. They are taught to kill the Infidel, and I will not forget that.

When I was in the military had a buddy that said the same thing.and I'm going to tell you the same thing how do you know that they just don't like you. Lol

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Don't wish to appear as rude but the OP sounds like an outright lie to me.

You just happened to swing by your local mosque, just because...and overheard sweetness and light. I think if someone made a similar thread and claimed the same about a catholic church I'd arrive at the same conclusion.

This thread has islamic apologist written all over it and smells foul.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

What you believe is not true .

Right back at ya.
2nd line.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Because I can recall 3 times where I was confronted by a local and specifically told that all non-muslims will be cleansed from earth. Your buddy was correct in saying that we are hated no matter what we do. It is definitely taught to them just like we are taught the 10 commandments (At least we used to be taught them). I actually felt more sorry than hate when I was confronted. All I could think was that they have been led down the wrong path, and should learn how to embrace other ideas. The won't embrace anything but Islam and that is where the problem lies. On day, they may open up and see that not everyone is their enemy.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Well that was totally scripted, bears no relation to the shuffling women dressed head to toe in black that I've seen in areas of the UK, let alone Saudi..they can't even go out on their own.

And of course, totally ignores my question, which was not about hijabs, it was about segregation and separate entrances, how is that empowering?

ETA I prefer to walk through the front door, with my head held high, and be accepted and welcomed into a place as an equal, that, to me, is empowerment.

I disagree.

The issue here is Islam's allowance of Privatisation of Female Sexuality .

The female sexuality used as a commodity and Islam allows women to have an opt out .

Separation and segregation of sexes are both designed to create an enviroment where the faithfull have no distractions and can focus on being one with God .

You may visit any muslim family and can see whole families preying together .

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucius Driftwood

What you believe is not true .

Right back at ya.
2nd line.

Except I live it but you dream of it .

Wake up .

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I had a discussion about this a few days ago following the attack in London.

Islam isn't actually the problem, for me the problem is our whole attitude towards religion in general. We have accepted, on face value, this notion that everyone has the right to believe what they believe, and that's fine.

What we also seem to have accepted on face value, is this notion that we must respect one anothers' right to believe what they wish...and I disagree with that, wholeheartedly. Allow me to explain...

Just as it is with, for example, transgender issues. There is no written rule that states you MUST respect others' choices on this matter, it is our lenient attitude in this regard that is part of the problem. For me, believing in god is more absurd than a man believing he is a woman.

We can't stop people believing in stoneage crap any more than we can stop a mr trying to be a mrs...what we can do, and should be allowed to do without fear, is criticise what we believe to be harmful ideas or beliefs. We need to stop giving religoious people a pass. They're fair game if you ask me.

Atheists are too laid back. The time for tolerating these outdated superstitions and belief systems has long passed. I dam not tolerant of religion and don't see why I should be. I don't see why I should respect that right...be they christian, muslims or whatever. I view them in the same way as I view flat earthers...nutters.

Nutters who are most certainly capable of causing a lot of harm, history has shown this...the present shows this. We just accept this crap on face value...someone will tell you that you must respect others' rights to believe what they want and we usually respond by going...yeah, you're right, we must tolerate their...NO WE MUSTN'T!

You have as much right to be intolerant of backwards belief systems as they have to believe this junk in the first place. Atheists...stop being so laid back...be as fundamentalist about your views as they are about theirs. I treat religoous people like lepers. They need to be shamed ...the majority of them don't even understand teir faith, most of them are just going with the flow.

I know tons of christians who love christmas and easter...not so keen on lent. You can't cherrypick this crap, it should be all or nothing. Their lazy, selective attitudes towards their supposed beliefs speaks volumes. If you see your children talk to someone who is preaching religious nonsense pull your children away, scold them aloud so that said religious maniac hears you loud and clear...don't talk to that nutter! Don't listen to that crap...introduce your offspring to the reality of life...no magic sky man will do anything to save or help you, the only progress you will make will be a direct result of effort you put in. Make the maniacs feel ashamed of their primitive beliefs.

We should be working towards building a world free of this stupidity, that's real progress...but we keep making excuses for them, using this hackneyed, nonsense mantra that me MUST respect their beliefs...well, no we mustn't, actually.

And while we continue to respect their beliefs on the back of some half-assed, implied notion...we're complicit in all of this.

Time to get heads out of bums if you ask me.
edit on 10-6-2017 by LungFuMoShi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Way to straw man this argument what is opressive is making it mandatory like many countries do. If there was a choice that would be empowering. When there is no choice it is demeaning. In other countries it's so bad that the only thing they can let people see is there ankles. There should never be a situation were people are forced to hide themselves because of others.

Islam asks women to cover themselves ( their modesty ) .

If you think this thru than you'll see that there is a reason for this request .

A common misunderstanding is to think Hijab is ordered by Islam & Quran ; the truth as usual the opposite .

Quran uses the word " cover " and doesn't specify any further . The limits of this " covering " is left for female to decide based upon the cultural norms of society in which they live.

That's as empowering as it gets ; she has a choice to cover her modesty and she gets to adjust the garment according to what she thinks right .

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

pfftt..aye right, in other words, if women are present, then the men can't control their urges and therefore the women are sent packing! You also just contradicted yourself about the hijab, because surely if they are wearing that when they go to the mosque, then their sexuality is private and therefore they should be free to pray with the men.

And what about homosexuals, surely a gay man in a room of men will be just as distracted as heterosexual men with women in the room or for that matter lesbians being distracted by the other women in their prayer area...Oh wait..

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

pfftt..aye right, in other words, if women are present, then the men can't control their urges and therefore the women are sent packing! You also just contradicted yourself about the hijab, because surely if they are wearing that when they go to the mosque, then their sexuality is private and therefore they should be free to pray with the men.

And what about homosexuals, surely a gay man in a room of men will be just as distracted as heterosexual men with women in the room or for that matter lesbians being distracted by the other women in their prayer area...Oh wait..

Men gets turned on by scent , sight , thought and presence of Women , period.

To expect Men to deny their nature is an abomination.

Islam also asks Men to avert their eyes of ALL Women except those who are family and friends.

This issue is not as simple as you are making it out to be .

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

So the women have to get shunted out into different rooms and use different entrances..sorry, but from my perspective, that IS disrespectful to women, by excluding them because men can't control their urges. It totally objectifies women and is something that in Western culture, women have been fighting against for many, many years. Even in islamic countries, many women see the veil as a tool of oppression. You only have to look at pictures of Iran in the 1970's compared to now to see that.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: 23432

Men gets turned on by scent , sight , thought and presence of Women , period.

gtfo of here with that crap.
maybe at is most basic and primal....sure
turned on by the presence of a woman?
maybe in the barbaric, primal areas of the word sure.

i am around women all the time and am not turned on by the mere presence of them.

and about the head scarf...it is not mandatory you say? just a cover and it is their choice.

why do they all choose to wear a blanket over their whole body then?

its twisted beliefs and i dont mean just islam.

i am really enjoying what lungfu posted.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Taqiyya (taqiya, taqiyah, taqiyyah) is a form of Islamic deception. The Quran (16:106 and 3:28) allows Muslims to lie in order to protect themselves or to protect the Muslim community.

that is all

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

name the country built on blah blah blah? Answer: all of them
Do you even history?
en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join