It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kathy Griffin teams up with Lisa Bloom to sue Donald Trump

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

And the media for showing the picture over and over again.

Or how about this idea. Why don't we, this is the part your going to like, go ahead and blame everyone else, but her. I mean why on earth would we want someone to take responsibility for what they did. I mean what kind of lesson would it teach someone to actually understand the concept that you reap what you sow? You know? Like the old saying, you made your bed now lay in it. If that kind of thing started happening more maybe the moral compass of someone might point them in the direction to not make death threats to the sitting President.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Oh an insult. Well I guess that means you know you are losing the argument. We both cannot know what she was thinking. Does she want Trump dead? Maybe. How the hell would we know? If it was a racist hanging an effigy of Obama I would believe their true intention.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

*facepalm* Why are you putting words in my mouth? Where did I blame the media for her action?

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Oh an insult. Well I guess that means you know you are losing the argument. We both cannot know what she was thinking. Does she want Trump dead? Maybe. How the hell would we know? If it was a racist hanging an effigy of Obama I would believe their true intention.

No insult intended. How would you know that person was a racist? Are you psychic? Just because they might have an effigy of President Obama hanging from a rope does not mean they are racist. Perhaps, like this case, it is just a case of pure hate for the man?

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

No insult intended. How would you know that person was a racist? Are you psychic? Just because they might have an effigy of President Obama hanging from a rope does not mean they are racist. Perhaps, like this case, it is just a case of pure hate for the man?

Because she is a comic and she did this for shock value. What do you think of this?

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
All caricatures, and no real humans actually holding the heads, in a common ISIS pose, with realistic blood dripping from it at all. I see a difference, do you?

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

So it has to be realistic to make a difference? Well then we had better tell Hollywood to tone it down a bit.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Go. Away.

She was never more than an afterthought and she is dining out on all the attention. She is such a whore for the lime-light she doesn't care how negative it is.

Gross

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

So it has to be realistic to make a difference? Well then we had better tell Hollywood to tone it down a bit.

I agree. And I bet if Hollywood made a contemporary film, with an impressionist look-alike actor portraying the standing president (whomever that president was), beheaded, and held up to the camera in a common trophy pose, the producer, director, and writer all would be getting a visit from the Secret Service right quick. Since that in itself could be used by ISIS as a recruiting opportunity and could indicate someone in the process is willing to harm the president.

See, we are at war at the moment. The antagonizers (i.e. Al-Queda, ISIS, etc...) do these things... and more. In the international community, they are known as atrocities and are unacceptable.

The more realistic, the closer it is to actual atrocities.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I don't know her intention and neither do you. She is well within her rights to her free speech. If she gets investigated by the SS then so be it. It will be a waste of time and money.

edit on 6/2/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I don't know her intention and neither does you. She is well within her rights to her free speech. If she gets investigated by the SS then so be it. It will be a waste of time and money.

I am not questioning her freedom of expression. I am discussing the consequences of that expression. It is against the law to threaten a president. Whether she broke that law is for the Secret Service to investigate and the judicial system to judge. Not you or I or anyone here. Never once have I said she should have been prevented from this, only that an investigation is needed in cases of potential threat to a standing president. Investigating is the only way to ensure that there is not a credible threat.

As you said, we don't know her intentions (or anyone in that decision chain when that photo shoot was done). I don't give a hoot who the president is, whether I agree or disagree with the presidents policies. I do not wish the president harm. I do not hate someone I disagree with, especially over politics.

edit on 6/2/2017 by Krakatoa because: spelling

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

facepalm? Okay. I think her palm was actually holding it by it's hair, but you showed me I guess.

Can you please show where I even mentioned the media? I think you might be giving off one of those Freudian slips.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I don't know her intention and neither do you.

Sure. Okay let us play that game. She was holding what appeared to be the severed head of a person who she openly admits that she doe not like. Maybe you need a psychiatrist to point it out to you, but as a student of human behavior I can assure you that she wasn't giving any sign of respect, or goodwill toward her victim.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Yeah she wants his head chopped off.

Of course. She is showing you what she wants by her own actions. Is it just me, or does it seem like people can't see what is in front of their face?

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Um doy? Of course she didn't show any sign of respect. Your childish insult of telling that I need a psychiatrist to point it out to me is unnecessary. Do you know for a fact that she wants Trump dead? Yes or no?

edit on 6/2/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Um doy? Of course she didn't show any sign of respect.

Or goodwill, remember? It was done in ill will. You know, wishing ill will toward another person.

Your childish insult of telling that I need a psychiatrist to point it out to me.

Childish insult? Did you forget about *facepalm* It would seem you and Kathy have more in common than not. Hypocrisy.

Do you know for a fact that she wants Trump dead? Yes or no?

Yes. She wants him dead. What would it take for you to believe that? What does she have to do? Would she have to hold up a fake severed head, covered in blood, of Trump in front of a camera before you believed it? Oh wait....

Your constant attempts at trying to rationalize or defend why she did it speaks volumes. Just because a person can do something, doesn't mean they should. Now she is going to try to sue Trump? lol. That kind of thinking is what got Trump elected President.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Then the actors want people dead.
Awesome logic you got there.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Guess she should've stuck to being mean to Gwyneth Paltrow lol.

Now I get to feast upon crocodile tears.

I hate trump and I hate griffin....

hmmm

Is it the ginger?

Maybe I hate gingers...

TO THE LAB!
edit on 2-6-2017 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Then the actors want people dead

Yes. Well, that actor anyways. You know, like all the other actors who have wanted or have been committed for actual murder. Actors are just people too.

Awesome logic you got there.

It may not be the type of logic you want to hear, but at least I am using logic. From you comments you act as if logic is your enemy.

edit on 2-6-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

So Robert De Niro and Arnold want people dead?
LMAO.
Thank you for the humor.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join