It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Other Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Does that mean you go next? What do you want o spread the news on, has fascinated you lately?
I had a math riddle... something with 4 balls fitting in a triangle and their integrals... I don't remember any more.
Ts huh?
Because I did in a 3d triangle but wouldn't it be impossible for a 2d to create something it can't even describe- argument against a holograpic simulation, but is it true?

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Rev9 has a thread on the small and the massive. I started reading about fractals. but it is always "talk about" fractals, not the actual math (which is crazy and self-referential). The past few days I've checking out the math. The recursion always brings up the question, how many steps of recursion do you do?

Which relates back to your "simulated universe" question. KPB asked if you pop out of this one what keeps you from being in just another one? And that one may be in one? Where does it end? Which makes sense if you ask it like "dense packing of spheres in a pyramid" (that is what R. Buckminster Fuller was going on about. He created a new math but the mouth breathers couldn't follow-including me!-so it fell on deaf ears. It sits in Synergetics just as he wrote it. I always thought a computer video would be a better presentation method). Almost the same as your circles and triangles but in 3D space.

2D infinities into 3D space. Well, atoms are 1D. We are 3D, so jumping up one depends on how you define the next level up. It does not specifically preclude the next one up. I think there was this discussion on the 11 dimensions describe the universe thread (some people didn't get "dimension" in math terms is not the same as 3D space and 4D space-time, so arguing about each was apples-grapefruit). Besides, a hologram is built from a 2D picture!

Whoa! I think I get the "we are 2D living on the surface of a black hole" argument!! See, we are 2D as the information shoot through us creating the illusion of 3D, and 4D universe! The quanta causes interference patterns we "see" as galaxies and light and space and time. That is why we have not met any other aliens!! We have not "evolved" beyond the 4D to where they are living!! When we do, that "missing matter" becomes apparent!

Peeple, you just made the invisible visible! Without magic!! Just words!

:mind blown:

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Here is one for the Cafeteria!

nstead, Ophiocordyceps unilateralis sensu lato—a complex of species sometimes called "zombie ant fungus"—surrounds and invades muscle fibers throughout the ant's body, and fungal cells form a 3-D network that may enable them to collectively control host behavior, the researchers said.

phsy.org - 'Zombie ant' brains left intact by fungal parasite.

Instead being a gut microbe and instead of being a brain infection, the fungus grows fibers to control the ant! Like a Mech suit! The fungus forces the ant to climb a plant, bite down hard, then never let go. The ant dies, another fiber shoots out the head into the plant, then ant explodes sending spores all over the place!

While cool, I have a question. How does the fungus see!!! I mean, a fungus doesn't have any eyes. How does it know it has gone up?? How does it know when the ant dies??

We mentioned gut microbes, the zombie fungus, and the toxoplasmosis gondii... "Hey phys.org, quit reading our thread!!"

hehehe.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   

That's a little late for Halloween but also worth the wait, disgusting!
And in my imagination and advanced species less heavy on visible matter, would probably be more alike things from the microworld. Metamacroparasites.

Another thing I don't understand how can they have finite numbers for the infinite universe? Mass wise? I mean... are you sure?
45%
formally 90% dark matter
of what we can perceive. Seems to me we still don't see that much.
edit on 8-11-2017 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Metamacroparasites.

Metamacroparasites. Can you use it in a sentence??

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

2019 researchers discovered the plasma tubes around earth are body of a new found lifeform called metamacroparasite. Smooching of thought energy which will be science fact by the end of 2018. Just takes a while until we figure out where all the brain power gets drained to, because... well it's eating our thought energy. Slows us down since 2005.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
A link, to read later, New Yorker, May 1979: Altered State "was the psychedelic counterculture the result of CIA drug experiments? Were the sixties the ultimate 'dirty trick'?...?

RE: Manson, CIA, dosing citizens in San Fran without them knowing, creating Tim Leary, Jim Morrison, the "hippie movement", because they wanted an MK Ultra drug.

That’s not really the “fun” part of the fun fact, though. It’s more about the German version’s title: Das darf man nur als Erwachsener, which means One May do That Only as an Adult. Talk about lost in translation.

LAmag.com - 16 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Sixteen Candles.

Because... it is funny!

edit on 9-11-2017 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Molly Ringwald, duh!

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
A few links.

Wikipedia: Hubert Dreyfus's views on artificial intelligence.

-and-

Martin Heidegger.

QuantaMagazine.org - Bacteria Use Brainlike Bursts of Electricity to Communicate.

BigThink.com: There Are Biophotons in the Brain. Is Something Light-Based Going On?.

There was a thread that was closed asking about biophotons and Heidegger.

TEOT's thoughts: Out brains a quantum computers using entangled tight as one of several forms of communication. QE can happen across vast distances and many particles can be entangled. We have the "knowing-that" (Dreyfus) but not the "knowing-how" (or what the scope of entanglement is. I will go so far as say 'galactic intelligence' or our good old friend "galactic Schumann resonance").

There is brain chemistry (moving potassium ions around, e.g.), neurotransmitters, brain structures, brain waves, the endocrine system, hormones, the signals themselves, and now a quantum entangled photonic network!

I'm posting this to point out to AI people why their "AI is going to kill us all" has nothing on the human mind!

ETA: Light has a "handedness" (chirality). Maybe that is why some people are left handed and others right. Just a thought.
edit on 9-11-2017 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: need moe beer

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   

The second one is why I love you, Minister of Inspiration. Awesome stuff.
Tough I'm a bit disappointed, I didn't give you just a sentence but a whole story plot and you ignored me!

Biophotons and chirality of light... so fantastic fascinating stuff. Makes you really wonder what else might be connected we can not even imagine yet.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I've been ditzy about ATS recently (at least the last week, if not two). I've really had a bunch to do IRL so been checking in only now and then.

The thread that closed... dammit, forgot to save my reply! It was classic! Unfortunately, OP was admittedly under the influence of some chemicals, so thread closed. That post got me going on light, the brain, and Heidegger.

I really did not mean to ignore you! I was just being a dork.

I like your Idiocracy post! I think you are right. Selfish short sighted people. Combine that with the poisons and the plasma leeches, it is amazing we are not slobbering in a corner playing derp, derp with our bottom lip!!

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Haha seems to me we kind of are "playing derp derp..."

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

You have made my weekend!

Lovingly yours,

Derp-derp XOXO

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

My pleasure, you're the big exception, Cutie.

I can't find the documentary and don't know if you get arte where you live, somewhere between Canada and Russia was it (hehe I'm mean)?
But you should watch this If you can.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

You know what I just realised? A quantum entangled parallel dimension is much more likely these alien thingies than ET. How messed up is that? And the veil/connection is probably really light.
My brain just exploded.

And now I had a heart attack as I saw that I got three stars for that....3. Again.
edit on 12-11-2017 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Hum... I did not login this weekend! No drive-by starring!

As for your erotic dream... nothing to add, so will not cause thread drift.

I too had trouble falling asleep last night. I spent an hour starting to drift off then forcing myself to wakeup. It was like I did not want to fall asleep for a reason. One of the last one these I heard some strange electronic noise (almost musical), directly in front of me (the end of my nose). I woke up five hours later, used the loo, then went back to sleep for another hour or so. I never really do that.

What kind of weird dream-lives are being had while we sleep?

From RKers, to dream lords, to demons, psychokinesis, lucid dreaming, REM sleep, delta sleep, sex, encounters with Others, to belly busting strangeness... gawd, we are a strange creatures!!

It's just another day
When people wake from dreams
With voices in their ears
That will not go away...

edit on 13-11-2017 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: what dreams may come

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

It really is super weird, right? Especially the three stars after posting. I really just did a quick browsing, came back because
I wanted to add something else, saw that and there they were 5 minutes or so later.
It's a consciousness thing as well, it's all connected, plus the stuff Kandinsky posted in my revisiting Vallée thread...

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: stealthyaroura

Iain M Banks used to write about these 'neural laces' that were gossamer webs attached to people's brains and brain stems. They'd act as wireless interfaces between human intelligence and the future internet. Elon Musk has apparently taken the inspiration and has people working on the idea - brain-computer interfaces (BCI).

I was reminded of this whilst reading an article about fears that AI could make the leap into humans via something something similar. It's an amusing context to imagine Vallee's 'Control System' as an AI that's transcended our current abilities to define or describe it. It'd be something highly advanced and capable of dwelling inside and outside of human populations and individuals.

Of course, if we work on the premise the 'control system' is a real thing, we still cannot say where it came from or when. It may have been here forever and has been waiting for us to progress to the internet, and further, in order to express itself and exercise influence.

I don't know but something has to burst the gates, or otherwise I will probably freak out and really try my experimental magic thing and it's dangerous. Possibly deadly. I feel that it's already creeping up on me and the reason I can't sleep well anymore.

That's a lot of synthesiser. A LOT! Glad you're back, for some reason it's making me feel better, I started to think another car got you.

Haha as if they've waited for you to read it, I mean I was aware that it might still be too sexual for ATS, but you comment on it that you saw it and after an hour or two it was up, trashed....
edit on 13-11-2017 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

They also took down the "Slayer69" threads!

I said, "I hope you get your phone back". Which is probably closer to the truth.

I don't want to be the kiss of death to threads!

The interface being "web-like"... funny we are coming back to that description again! If there are sounds and lights involved within a web-like interface (carbon nanotubes??), hooked up to vast computer, then... what?! It knows us well enough to keep us inside. How we are fooled (or is that allowing ourselves to be fooled?).

Web extended minds with AI boost. And best we can do is take off our close and pleasure the self in front of the other sex!

We are doomed. You are right. People are so short sighted and selfish! I hope I didn't wash the web out of my hair last time I went off to groom.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

So? You're the smart one here, what does it mean?

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

The web thing?

TEOT's rambling of a confused young man (nothing to back this up):

We are not human beings. Yup, we are aliens sharing in on a human experience. See, these really smart, naked monkey men figured out some really clever technological tricks. Not finding anybody around them they wondered, "Are we alone?" In just a few years, they manager to make a machine fly then a few years later, they made a machine that took them to the moon. Their technological knowledge kept getting bigger and bigger. On the verge of destruction, they wanted to make what they had accomplished known to any future beings and how to avoid blowing yourself up.

What happened to them? I think it is myth and tales we've been telling ourselves (the aliens in the "future"). One day, we discover a ship and computing tech we could not begin to understand. This is in our not too distant past. We figured out how to read their language. Then we turned on their machines. We fund an historical record preserved that we could immerse ourselves in and "feel" what it was like to be them. This was a little secret known to scientists only.

Then it opened up to more and more people. As the naked human's population grew, more and more of us space citizens could participate. It is now the Pictionary of our little part of the galaxy.

What we are experiencing IS a simulation. It is not a jail. It is history. We are experiencing their tech at the ground level of discovery. With all the political, economic, sociological, and ecological mess that they faced.

Where they went to, what they became, how they survived, is playing out right now as their history with us aliens having the opportunity to "go along for the ride" so to speak.

There are too many things that keep on popping up pushing our "knowledge" further back each time for something like that to not be happening! You can say PTB or what ever group you want to name.

End TEOT's ramble.

It is the only thing that makes sense. Or, makes sense to me. I keep saying two things: light is weirder than we know; and, we do this a species or we fail. There seems to be this "fall" involved upon entering the simulation. You believe it to be real. At this level, it would probably seem real.

I was reading, we are beings of light. The problem is we cannot keep up with the speed of light and think this fleshy blob is real. Like you do not see individual movie frames when a movie is playing. If we could, I think there is one part of your individual dimensions you are trying to drag out into the light.

Or were talking your thread? LOL!

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Okay fine, you're just as confused and full of sh1t and fancy fiction as I am. Can't blame me for hoping I could outsource my thinking....
The brain in the jar, phantom pain, simulation and so on isn't exactly my favourite.

What's so LOL about my thread? Which one are you LOLing about? The Vallée one? I still feel time travelling information has value and if you got the key to send a self assembling construction plan, the source code for the retrograde satellite back in time that could be something. Not saying it is "it" but better than yours. Add: magnetism is just energy after all and with that it could attract the particles it needs, since time wouldn't be such a huge factor in construction since earth exists a few years longer than mankind.

What are aliens in your story? ET or parallel universe?
My thinking why it's always three is that there are 3 parallels, we and two others that's why the Higgs landed exactly in the middle of many worlds and parallel because they were calculating only two parallels. But I'm too gosh damned stupid to get the maths done myself or I would prove it.
edit on 13-11-2017 by Peeple because: Add

edit on 13-11-2017 by Peeple because: Thought I saw a mistake but then it was gone

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join