It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Other Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

You told me your real name! OMG this feels like a champagne worthy moment. I accept this honour knowing that no one can ever fully deserve it, I promise to treasure it and will whisper it every night in my bed.

They say it was a suicide attempt and it's my 3rd/4th or something which means I get out of here in a couple of months probably. Muggles don't understand that magic requires blood sacrifices and since I'm a pacifist/vegetarian I was the only victim possible. It failed but hey now I know that for sure, for future reference etc... doesn't work.
Now you know where all the stupid talk came from I had to actively relearn what the Mayas had proven thousands of years ago. But it gives you cool visuals and I know now my spirit guide lives in the mountains just below the tree line. Cool dude half red deer half salamander.

I read "Kryptum" Augustin Sánchez Vidal 735 pages, cool plot don't know yet if it is good also I've decided that I have to freshen up my french, because Rennes-le-Chateau will be my destination as soon as I get my freedom back, I want to see what's up with the blue apples myself.

There's an ancient aliens book? But without Tsoukalos face and talking what's the point?
Your under the hand whispered secret recommendation is a Nobel prize winner, I hope you know that.
XOXO Nini

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I knew something was up. It was/is not a secret just something I wanted to keep to myself for a while on the interweb. Sharing is caring and it seemed you needed something!

The AA books is a companion to the series. Since most of the newer stuff is recollected crap from the old stuff, I figured it would be a good time to give a critical read through, make notes of discrepancies, errors, faulty logic, cool things, etc.

Noon blue apples. January 17 in the Chapel. Stained glass. Like Raiders of the Lost Ark and the gem on the staff pointing out the location in the city! I've read Lynn Picknett's Stargate Conspiracy. There is another one that deals with France and opening some mystic portal (ETA: Good guess by TEOT! The Portal: An Initiates Journey into the Secrets of Rennes le Chateau, Patrice Chaplin ). Anyway, it details (obliquely in spots, of course), the Kabbalah ritual, the physical journey from point to point tracing out a version of the Tree of Life at various landmarks. I seem to remember Rennes le Chateau being a starting point. It is a good read and there are many more hints in there for you to glom onto.

Hope that helps you on your quest!!

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Change. You cannot avoid it.

I tried. I really tried! I tried to delay it or put it off as long as possible. I may have been in denial. I might have gotten angry. I may have tried bargaining. I even sought professional help! I have been upset about it but I would not call it depression. Then it all happened in a second.

Now I only have acceptance as I've already been through the other 4 stages of grief. And around the Holidays.

You here, at the MetaCafe have been told the tales of a madman by the diarist himself. Me. I've been laughed at, consoled, ignored, pitied, have had platitudes heaped upon my ways. But as I have mentioned, it could not last forever. Now, the moment had to come. Now that moment is frozen in time! To mock me. To point a finger and laugh at me for being an idiot son that I am. In truth, I am ashamed.

A simple heart replacement. A few dollars spent. It was not much to ask for. But I, being stoic, some might say, unloving, or even cold, ignored the desperate pleas of a friend, a companion. Now I am left to face the world, bare, naked, alone in an uncaring universe. Oh, I know she still loves me! There is no doubt in that! And no doubt in my steadfast love for her! But we're are not talking about universe, we are talking about my constant companion in my do-si-do around our little yellow star. From place to place... even being homeless... my companion. No complaints. No harsh criticisms. No "I told you so." No tilt of the head and the Puhlleeze look. Holding my hand as I stepped into adventure after adventure. Even bearing witness to my steps here on ATS.

My companion died last night, Sunday, November 16, at 6:02 PM.

I herby declare a minute of silence in remembrance.

Now technology is all around us. The constant harping is, "There's an app for that!" I know there is. But that is not the point! Or maybe that is exactly the point I am trying to make! Everybody turns to their phone. Kicking, screaming, b1tching and moaning, I am being forced to accept the future. An analog kid in a digital world! A continuous function in a discrete and GPS mapped world. Digital precision in the Age of Aquarius. I shudder to think of what may become of me!

Hey, Yogi! What time is it? Yogi Berra, "You mean right now?"

The modern Zen master's words of certain enlightenment. Yogi Berra, I need you now!!

WTH are talking about TEOT??

Last Café, you heard me laughing about my hold back to a simpler era. Peeple even gave me grief upon hearing that I still wore a watch. A watch with a dead capacitor that no longer stored my own kinetic energy to keep the second, minute, and hour hands moving. I would manually add time, usually 45 minutes or an hour, at a time. People I know would show me the precise time on their functioning watches to help me set mine!

Last night, it fell from my wrist onto the granite tiled floor in the bathroom shattering the face. I can no longer read the hands in the lower half of the watch face.

I know. It is just a thing, an object. I object at that simplistic description! I have worn that watch every single day I have lived here in Anchorage, Alaska. It was an extension of me in that it stored my body's movements to keep on ticking. It has been to the top of mountains. It has been down rapids. I have hiked mountain ranges, biked up hills, kicked back beers in bars, the threat of sex and the battles of love, I have been arrested wearing it! I graduated college, again, wearing it. I've lost it and walked around for half an hour looking for it. I slept with it and on it! It has saved me on St. Patrick's Day when it was the only green item I happened to be wearing that day!

I put my jacket on this morning and automatically went to adjust my Velcro watchband that tends to stick on my coat and it was not there!

There is hope! I googled: seiko kinetic watch repair

There is a place. I will see how much it costs for a new face and capacitor. And shipping. Maybe my The Gift of the Magi for myself this Christmas!
edit on 20-11-2017 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: none of you g-amn business! My watch died you heartless bastid!

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

You poor thing. My condolences. I hope it can be repaired. Or you give it a shrine to sit forever on your kitchen counter a reminder of the fleeting life of all things?
How are you doing, naked in the world do you feel different now?

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I think the shrine idea is correct one.

I can get a new one for less than a repair. There are even new watches out there that cheap enough I could buy a couple and match wardrobes (ech! Next I will have a beard and be wearing plastic rim glasses while wearing a lumberjack shirt!)

I look down the bar and each tool has their phone out and is furiously typing away and not interacting with the mice sitting right next to them. It is a sad commentary that the watering hole can't even offer that social interaction us social drinkers are craving. I swear, one day, hikikomori will take hold of me. The only thing I am lacking is a parental unit to take care of me!! lol

Life is OK without my watch. I did sleep with it on last night. One last time...

How are you Peeps?

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

You're so cute. That you slept with it on last time makes me want to hug you.
I'm fine drugged and tired but recalibrating. I read a lot which is hard because of the blurry vision from it all, but I see it as extra challenge and won't let that stop me.

Maybe you need a new waterhole, or you could suggest that everybody with their nose buried in their phone has to pay a round for everybody else. Two things could happen, an epic drunken night, or no more guests at all.

Kryptum is actually a good book, it plays a lot with reality tunnels and cellular automaton, I didn't expect that. Also an adventure, really not bad.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

The furry brain feeling will also take some time to wear off (like a week).

There is a core crew that hangs out at the watering hole. The beer is made on premises so it is very fresh. Their bock is not half bad. Unlike other spots, the TV is not turned up so the ever incessant need to watch American football is tolerable to those of us who could care less. The bartenders give us crap which we dish right back... it is a comfortable water bottle!

Are you reading on your tablet thingy? I was told about a "hard science" sci-fi book that is available as an e-book. It is called "hard science" because there is actual science behind the story. It is called Dragon's Egg and is about a race of being who live on the surface of a neutron star.

Take it easy! Kick back and relax in bed. Over here we are celebrating Thanksgiving Day on Thursday and Friday. I decided to stay at home this year. It is my day off and the idea of taking a shower and getting dressed to go eat so I can lay around and be fat lazy made me feel depressed because I had to take a shower! So no shower, no visiting friends, just being fat and lazy by myself watching Star Wars movies (or Dr. Who), drinking take home beer from the watering bottle.

Maybe I will fix my computer while I am at it! Then I can spend the weekend doing the LaTex thing and write that d@mn paper up once and for all. It will either be my early Christmas present to the world or a January surprise! I guess it depends on if I find a sponsor (or whatever they are called).

Whenever the nurse comes around, always be watching One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest!!

eta: Seriously, it is OK to relax! A good time to watch cartoons! And eat lots of Jell-O!

(Jello shot!)

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

But I'm so bored! Relaxing is boring without something for the brain to dwell on. Now I read Iain McCalman "the last alchemist- count Cagliostro" sounds fun starts meh maybe it develops. If only my brain wasn't so furry. Haha I like that it paints a very accurate picture of the feeling.
Also I feel like such a failure. But also meh, I will recover eventually and come out better and harder than ever before. As soon as I get over the need to have a plan. I don't know. You have your theory of the world and all after "what happened to you", I'm still pissed and feel like others know but won't tell me and I can't even figure out the reason why that might be. Just anger so much anger and hate.

But today I started something I think could come out pretty cool, a 3-d painting. So far it's still in the preparation state the frame needs to dry and get assembled and then I try this new modelling material, very exciting.
Or sad, that depends. Is it pathetic that this is the most interesting stuff I got currently going on? I don't know...

Enjoy your holidays baby

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Boring leads to daydreams, baby!

You have time to really think about world domination and the NWO!

I do this unconscious read ahead thing on devices so when I saw the 3D in your post I knew it was a painting before I even got there! How funny is that?!

I spent 4 hours this morning getting my phone squared away. I now have LaTex (pronounced “la tech”! Pssstphhht. Geeks), on my phone and page one (title, abstract, and the start of it) already done! One more page, a couple of tables, a conclusion, and some references, and it is done. Just going from what I remember what I had written before. Thanks for the cheers!

All that after a night of drinking beer! I will do a store run for single guy T-day food then do all the prep tonight. Roll out of bed, throw the stuff in the oven, then knock out most of the rest of my paper. I never thought I would be this productive! Three days and done... then I will be bored too.

Want to be boring together? We can insult each other for no reason... just like a normal Thanksgiving!

Watch a Chalie Brown Thanksgiving. I still do since I was young. I think it came out around the time I was born! lol. Ah tradition!

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   

I love pointless insults, just keep'em playful Charlie. Kick the ball.
Are you seriously making a six person turkey all for yourself?
I always cheer for you, go go go wooohoo!
If you say LaTex I think of

It really is a stupid name.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I'm so confused. Two guys almost fought because of me and I ain't got the slightest clue what it was about? Sometimes it reminds me a bit of kindergarten, they say my name every given opportunity and I don't know theirs. It's all very weird so I stay in bed with my books most of the time.
My doctor is also very irritating. I told him I want ECT because various reasons, good reasons, personally it's 99% curiosity and masochism, but that's not what I said. Anyhoo, he said well that takes a few weeks to make an appointment for you, me alright then maybe we should get going then, he oh no that has time let's wait a bit, me wtf?
I didn't plan to stay in hospital for a half year or so but it looks like that's what I'm getting.
Sweet freedom where are thou? Food is good, I can visit my rats every day so it's not all bad I guess, plus free art material from colours to canvas, soapstone etc... still I'm wtf-ing 8 times a day.

How are you baby all good?

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

You should see the google responses when searching!! That mask is the first return! WTH?? If I ever install a sex swing in my place you have the right to shoot me! Why can’t people be semi normal? Why extremes??

Ah baby, guys are fighting over you because you are good looking! Dumb guys think that that is all there is to a chick. Eejits. Your mind would scare them away if they knew! Guys are afraid of really smart girls who see through their BS. Or they turn rapey. A guy wins a fight is king of the pride... in his mind.

Well, that is based off one online photo!

As to your anger... a pleasant diversion is Mr. Robot. The whole F Society movement is right up my alley! I am binge watching the new season right now. I will nap and cook throughout the day as my day progresses.

I’ll try to be sober enough to check back later!

Happy Thanksgiving... Priscilla (Charlie Brown reference
)!!

-Charles Brown (aka, blockhead)

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

And you sneaky bastard taught me something about American literature in passing.
Don't try to be sober you're always writing the cutest funniest things if pui. Enjoy and let it all out.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Peeps, that is why I love you!! You make me laugh!

I just watched James Tiberius Kirk shoot a god with a chalking gun!! Awesome!

Honestly, I like you more than just making me laugh. I hardly know you but my wings cover you. I like the world with you in it. Please don’t force our separation!

Charlie Brown is an appropriate metaphor! You sly dog!

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

How was it did you have Magic Myrna?
Seems like we reached a new woo low. I can't even find a café worthy topic at the moment.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Yukon golds. And damn good! Yeah, 3 lbs of turkey is too much! Nice thing is not having to spend money on food!

Don’t feel the need to be Cafe all the time. Just talk. Like I didn’t know that you were so angry. Trust me, lived most of my life that way. The real change happens when you can let go of that. It is scary, it hurts, it is not fun, but I believe in you. And I am here.

Wishing you the best!!

(eggnog)

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Tofu, also known as bean curd, is a popular food made from soybeans. One of the most common methods of producing tofu is by curdling freshly boiled soya milk, cooling it, and pressing it into a solid block. During the pressing process to remove excess water, tofu whey is generated. However, when tofu whey is discarded as an untreated waste, it creates environmental pollution as the protein and soluble sugars in the whey could contribute to oxygen depletion in the waterways. In contrast, upcycling tofu whey can be a means of generating economic returns for businesses.

... He first made fresh soya milk from soybeans, and then used the soya milk to make tofu. In the course of making tofu, he collected the whey. Sugar, acid and yeast were added to the tofu whey, and the concoction was fermented to produce the alcoholic beverage. Mr Chua also designed a novel fermentation technique which utilises the tofu whey fully without generating any waste.

phys.org - Researchers develop world's first alcoholic beverage made from tofu whey.

At first I was, "Yuk!" Then, like a good beer drinker, I took a second sip to get over the shock. One thing I noticed in this story is the complete lack of awareness in fermentation. Beer has two major yeast strains for creating ales (top fermented, warm temps) or lagers (bottom fermented, cold temps). There are other types of yeasts and bacteria used to create a fermented product as well. The German purity laws say, "Water, barely, yeast, and hops", that is it. Nothing more.

The article says they add sugar to the tofu whey. That is like adding rice to grains! Which is why I hate American lagers from mega corps. No mention what kind of yeast they used. It could be wine yeast for all we know. This could be the new nutritional health fad: healthy drinking. Technically, drinking beer is low amounts is healthy if you do not have all the particles, yeast, (and flavor), filtered off... like the American lagers!

All this complaining because, I know me, and yes, I will buy and consume some if it becomes available! They had me sold by using my favorite term, "upcycling". That term is going to be a fad in 2018. The supercritical CO2 plant in Texas is where that term will start being used. Then people will do things like the tofu fermentation but with different products. People will glom onto the term, like all fads, and, presto!, finally, one of my predictions will come true.

(unfiltered Bavarian Hefeweizen, never with lemon!!!)
edit on 27-11-2017 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: fix link

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

The microbes [found in termite's guts] in question are covered with flagella, which are long threads that cells use to move around. Many cells have a few flagella, but these little rockers have more than ten thousand very long flagella, giving them flowing hair that even Farrah Fawcett might envy.

And while Rush may not be famous for their dance moves, the tiny creatures also have rhythm. They bob their heads and sway their bodies in microscopic dances, prompting the researchers to baptize the new Pseudotrichonympha species P. leei, P. lifesoni, and P. pearti after musicians Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson and Neil Peart.

The prototypical Canadian power trio is known for songs such as "Natural Science," "Tom Sawyer" and "Closer to the Heart," and lyrics drawing on themes from science and literature, such as the seminal 1976 album 2112.

ScienceDaily.com - Long-haired microbes named after Canadian band Rush.

Seriously, need :horns: emoji for things like this that rock!

P. Pearti?! Par-tey!! Our fist stop is in Bogata, to check the Columbian fields...

You know, you don't get something for nothing!

Attention all planets of the solar federation!
Attention all planets of the solar federation!
We have assumed control!
We have assumed control!!

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I was hoping for a gif to see the microbes rock.

Imagine we would use our hair to move. I like looking at bacteria and the mini beings they're mostly weirdly beautiful.

And you could be spot on with your upcycling prediction. I read somewhere that if the entire world would have first world living standards the planet would be three times or so covered in garbage. That's the only way forward.

I love it when you bring stuff like this to the café it seriously makes me happy.

One of the other things I want to see happening is no more power cables. Freedom for all appliances!

I come from the land of beer and can't stand that stuff. Unless you mix it with coke or lemonade. Now you go "Urch yuk", right?

edit on 27-11-2017 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

They are called, "Shandy" or "Shandies", and I tried a few. Not my cup of tea. I'm not a huge lemonade fan anyway. I don't touch soda except maybe root beer in root beer floats. Plus it has "beer!" in it's name! I had one with grapefruit called a "Raddler" (I think, sp?), and yeah, I can leave those behind too.

Upcycling, it is the only sensible thing to do!

In a natural gas power plant that Ghoniem’s group and others have worked on previously, Wu says the incoming natural gas could be split into two streams, one that would be burned to generate electricity while producing a pure stream of carbon dioxide, while the other stream would go to the fuel side of the new membrane system, providing the oxygen-reacting fuel source. That stream would produce a second output from the plant, a mixture of hydrogen and carbon monoxide known as syngas, which is a widely used industrial fuel and feedstock. The syngas can also be added to the existing natural gas distribution network.

The method may thus not only cut greenhouse emissions; it could also produce another potential revenue stream to help defray its costs.

news.MIT.edu - Turning emissions into fuel: MIT-developed method converts carbon dioxide into useful compounds.

They guy at MIT created a low cost membrane that takes waste CO2, heat, then either hydrogen, or in this example, natural gas, and use the "waste" product to create another useful product and revenue stream: upcycling at it's finest. If you do not figure out how to do this then you will be left behind.

This guy is at the same point all others who are doing this in a lab are at also, how to scale this up to industrial levels? Once they can do that then the world starts to change.

Yeah, I wanted to see hairy microbes too! I still listen to that album! I spent hours learning how to play the whole first side. Oh, to be 18 again and not need sleep or food and just play guitar all night long!

Anyway, busy today setting up the rest of December for personal days off. I think I do not work a full work week for the rest of the year! YAY! And it all vacation days accumulated throughout the year so it is all paid leave! That is what we need in this world: projects where you get paid to work on what interests you after a certain level of education. You just roll from job to job getting paid to learn with no expectation of "climbing the corporate ladder". That would kill all this piggy behavior of being pressured into sleeping your way up the ladder. Filthy male behavior that is! I guess what I am saying is, "less cities, more moving people" like that 80's song by The Fixx. Less material goods, your brains and experience would lead to cross skilled solutions to problems! Right now, we have people who do not know how science works, all lawyers, making decisions for the masses. Smart people marginalized while the seeds of Idiocracy are planted.

All we need is some sports drink, with electrolytes, to put on the crop!!

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join