It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Other Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Paper is complete. Takes up a whole 4 pages.

I walked out door on a walk down to the new pub and I just happened upon an accident that just happened. A taxi hit an SUV. I happened upon the scene right as the cops showed up. I was racing to catch a baseball game so didn't hang around watching like the surrounding shop owners.

I was thinking of being hit by that car. Never know when your time is going to end. I feel good knowing that there is an electronic copy. Maybe somebody would take a look and wonder what the heck it all means.

A plan? General idea I had. There is a city in California. Arena, concert hall, stores, office buildings, etc., all just sitting there. I say, let's go build the Federation of Planets there! We only need a fusion reactor to be energy independent. We would rebuild the city with more energy efficient buildings. We'll need some plasma rocket scientists. And material scientists. We make the rules and the laws. We don't let just anybody in either. Vertical farming, energy storage, decentralized and distributed electricity grid, solar and wind, OTEC if needed (keep buildings cool). We all work to one common goal: leaving the planet. As ecological as possible. Using hi-tech the way it should be not this throw away consumer world. There would be no needs so no charges. All money donated to the collective for interfacing with others (buying raw materials, paying taxes, etc).

Yeah, could end very badly like U25 did but you never know until you try.

Our very own break away civilization!

(Can you tell? I really want off this rock!)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I can totally see that. I want to fix this planet, because: where would we go? Earth is perfect and with the moon for tides and seasons really unique. My problems are humans, so your utopia would be my nightmare from the get go. Unless of course I am the top of the pyramid, everybody adores and worships me, then maybe it could be tolerable.
I want my spaceships just for kicking nuts purposes, and an army of hackers with phasers set to stun and "make nice". Poison the water with truth serum and acid...
I want too much and impossible things. Your plan is so doable, it's unattractive.
/2

For now I just focus on the (to me most important) basics: alien contact/ proof of god(s). My chances are 50/50 I'd say that as soon as I get over my fears and uncertainties I get that in a week or so. For everybody, undeniable and game changing. But as with all extreme magic I might just go totally insane and/or die so naturally I hesitate a bit.
In case of success I make sure you can catch a ride to wherever you want. Or just a cruise to all the must see inhabitated planets? Would that make you happy, baby?
Interdimensional travel also okay?

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Wow, where to start?

Doable. Yeah, that I why I thought of it. Had years of dreams and hopes go nowhere fast. Even the ones of ripping it all down and starting over. I think the last big hope was 2012 and time-wave zero. We do it or we wallow in our filth here on this planet until we get planted back in the earth for Glorious Leader's (pick one! The joke is they are all the same!) Return (or the badly named, "second coming"...).

A spaceship for Princess Barracuda! Yeah, baby, I'll wander around this dimension with you for a bit. Maybe find a nice rock somewhere where the weather isn't too bad. Even if there are other people there. Kind of like Scandinavia! lol. I could probably handle another dimension or two as well.

Some one said it song, "Anywhere but here" (I think it was Lizzie McGuire!
I just remember pink sweaters and pom-poms or somesuch).

But yeah, up and away. Shooting shark.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I loved your other thread by the way. Seems a bit absurd to me tough if the implication is that we assumed the space between galaxies was a true vacuum.
Remember how I said dark matter might be the fabric of spacetime? Electrons, protons and neutrons, aye? I'm so awesome... just lacking the terminology.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Story from the category, funny because true:
After writing this I launched the Sims, my guy is invisible.
(Yes I play that, shut up, it reminds me of simpler times.)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I wear a watch and you play The Sims, there is a joke there dying to get out!

Don't worry, baby! I've still have a Sega 16-bit Genesis with something like 5 or 6 game cartridges. One is Sonic the Hedgehog! One is Tetris. OMG! I forgot I had that!

It is not really that I am a technophobe, I too, yearn for simpler times. But maybe it is a wish to skip the burdensome slow release and just get on with it!

to being invisible!

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Well TheSims3 with animals. I'm not from the stoneages.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I was not judging you!

Hey, my TV still has a CRT in it! I bought it back in 2000 so it is a teenager! It is a flat screen, 1080i w/HDMI (and S-video! Which is good because so does the Sega!), and is heavier than h3ll. Not quite Ultra-HD, 4K, curved, quantum dot OLED, but I can watch South Park just fine on it!

I've saved a bunch of money by not upgrading to each "new" generation TV. Not a luddite but practical.

Maybe the "stonedages"!

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

To be fair on CRT, many of the old platforms like the Sony XBR series still provide better picture quality than the newest TVs!

Weight is an issue, certainly, but with the technology there is actually no native resolution. Which means, you can even probably pump a 4k signal and it will reproduce it beautifully. My 20+ yr old projector has a ready made plug-in add on that brings an HDMI input with full 1080p.

Forward compatibility?

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

It has all the inputs you could want! S-vid, HDMI, cable, composite, and RCA. One of the reasons they stopped making it is because you do things like convert signals! You could, say, watch an HDMI source while recording out on S-vid. That ability is one of the reasons I still have it around! You cannot find that kind of adaptability around anymore.

Weight? PITA to move but I set it down and haven't moved it since!

Like I said, 1080i is good enough. It probably could do more but Blu-rays work just fine. The reason I bought it was because Fight Club came out on Blu-ray. Then the new BSG. That was it. I put my money down and never looked back.

I've watched my buddies go through a couple generations of LED flat screens but there is something about the warm glow of tubes that keeps me, and my guitar amps, firmly planted in the "stone ages"! lol.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Hey Peeps! I had Reverbs sighting!

He made a comment on the Mysterious Hole in Antarctica thread. I mentioned the electric universe theory. Up to that point he said it was day-to-day living and stressing. Then, after our short conversation, things started flooding in! He said it was all my fault, LOL!

I told him that the MetaCafé works in mysterious ways!

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Me too, but I believe I spooked him.
You're really on fire lately with your threads.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I think muzzleflash has me beat! The strangeness is growing and I'm just documenting the facts.

One thing is certain, this time it is global. I also feel that your magic lesson is important. Not so much as teaching it but making people aware of their thoughts and actions.

Maybe this is how we change the world! A pebble becomes a landslide. A "snowflake" (lol) becomes an avalanche,

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Clearly, the tools we create will not result in our "liberation." They enable us to build ladders, or dig deeper holes. We really seem to go for the latter instead of the ladders.

So then, we must shatter the Cultural Story. To show that it can not only be rewritten, but created in real time, by us.

"Sonny, we can do this the easy way, or the hard way.."

"Roads? Where were going we don't need roads."

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

...a meta-butterfly becomes a hurricane of granted wishes.
Wouldn't that be beautiful. It knows how to use technology. If we would create something like an AI, that is Transzendenz It's German just for reference.
Talking about the meta-part of experience.
My English search

But that could just be one of many more things it can do.
How many would follow if their synchronicities suddenly say, "follow me out to the woods to get abducted". How many who now hear voices would follow them out there? As it is all abusive with them.
Those who have an open mind and "good intentions" can make all the difference.

In my magic thread I also wanted to hint at
if it knows everything about you, it could plant those coincidences easily. Just two "controller" have to steer their meatbags, to a meeting, or one into where of the other "infected" works/lives...
The problem is, the effort, right? If we say it's always three, maybe it's three working in shifts?

three groups of gut bacteria

edit on 14-10-2017 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

"Three blind mice, see how they run!"

And what about toxoplasmosis gahndi?!

That would be the tall grey ordering the other three around! He's a real cool cat!

I crack myself up sometimes!

Transzendenz, is that Kant? Sartre? It has been a few years since I have read either. Probably has a very specific meaning in German that gets lost in transzenlation!

Hegel asked what the boundary is. Which is a great question. It all goes back to consciousness and the individual. If you are not well developed in empathy, say, then your "level" is not the same as someone who exercises empathy on a regular basis. The boundary is different. Practice Zen? Your boundary is different than a religious zealot or the son of a dope smoking hippy! Which is why I never really cared for Hegel that much.

It is that access to the area that is needed. Nous space. Speak the language of the noema. I wonder if that is where "spooky action at a distance" resides? From our perspective, each object is distinct and separate. But in the meta space in transzendenz city, you are only a phone call away! If the butterfly hurricane isn't a rocking, that is!

I bet there will be a cybernetic enhancement that can use the space directly somewhere in our future. But that is nearly the same as saying, "TEOT, I see a BLT sandwich in your future"!

D@mn, now I'm hungry!
edit on 16-10-2017 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: meta grammar

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

After all, most authors early on were advised of the old publisher’s axiom that each equation cuts a book’s sales in half.

Fortunately for those who like their physics raw, with the math uncensored, publishers sometimes rescind the keep-equations-to-a-minimum rule for books that remain accessible to dedicated readers interested in physical reality’s mathematical foundations.

One such book, Special Relativity and Classical Field Theory, is the third volume in Stanford University physicist Leonard Susskind’s “Theoretical Minimum” series.

sciencenews.org - New physics books don’t censor the math behind reality.

Remember Peeps when you asked me about some books to read and I said most lack the math behind them to really understand how some things, I think we talking about physics, actually work? I gave practically nothing. You got mad and I felt like a jerk (my story, I'm telling it!)

Here you go!

Leonard Susskind teaches a series of classes at Stanford called The Theoretical Minimum. He decided not to dumb down his companion books by leaving out the math but to explain it all. They are self-contained books where if you know high school algebra you will be taught the rest while learning the physics. Exactly what you asked for!

Besides, I have a bit of a man crush on the dude! But I did not know these were out. I did not go all stalker crazy and besides Fight Club 2, I haven't really purchased any books in recent times. They are moderately priced! There are 3 volumes out.

Remember, book series: Theoretical Minimum, Susskind.

ETA: All us MetaCafé participants can stand to learn a bit of math and add to our mysticism street cred by throwing out terms like "tensor" and "field" every now and then while explaining why vector math is non-reversible!

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

As a complement to that:

Math classes can be taken for free from institutions like MIT

Now, some courses are more complete than others, but the good ones are pretty much like the full courses you would pay to attend online (seriously).

Its a resource that needs to be used more by everyone, IMO. They are fantastic to brush up in areas that may be rusty, or even just random new areas!

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Yeah, but being graded is not what we want! We want to know. Why not feel a bit smarter? And like I said, love Leo Susskind!

I saw two errrr... objects in the sky tonight. One orange globe moving north; and another white looking blob zig-zagging around to the south. Went to go inside me apartment to get me binocs, and the moving one was gone. I haven't seen things like this in over a year.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Ah Susskind. Sometimes flowers do grow in a field of stones. brilliant idea.
It won't change the fact that I believe maths is just a tool and given enough information and distilled it again to the ph 7, math can prove I created a parallel universe. Or something even further out, as some are already believing that's the case...ahm mhm holographic...Urch sh1t.
Point is math is like words and language, I can say everything, doesn't mean it's there or true.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join