It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 16

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd
Hi Shep,

we've had some gorgeous weather lately. Around 25 degrees C (very comfy) and lovely skies. We've been going for walks every day and enjoying the forests and greenery all around.

We had some thunderstorms roll in this pm, but that's ok. The crops and forests need the rain. I guess we got about an inch (25 mm) here today but tomorrow will be fine and then it'll get up to about 30 C heading into the weekend.

Our apartment in Prague is redone and looks like new, and is now on sale. We're hoping for a buyer pretty soon!

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Good news, Mike. Sounds like things are going well.

Have you seen the new writing contest? Might be fun to write an entry... *nudge nudge*

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Save my eyesight and drop in a linky to the new comp?? I might be tempted to have a go. (I could search for it but my internet connection is sometimes verrry slooooow to load pages.)

Meanwhile, I'm writing more material for Book II in the Tales of The Goddess series. Still not sure how I'll start it, but I expect that will make it itself apparent when the time is right.
edit on 6/6/17 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Ta much! (TYVM for international readers.) Looks interesting and with the freedom of choice AM and the mods have given us, I might be able to come up with something. Not enough to win anything -- as I never do!
-- but that's not what matters most. Creating matters!

Irony... I clicked on the link and the page loaded in milliseconds. So weird. I'm using a borrowed wifi modem from my neighbour (we're in Europe and neighbour has a "u" in it, so sorry ATS correction software!) and sometimes, a page loads fairly fast, and other times (like trying to access my Cz bank account this afternoon) it takes several minutes. My Czech email account took half an hour, all told. Beats me... Seems like an ISP problem but I'd have to ask Chirp for her expert opinion on that.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Big Hug for you and Dada! I've been thinking of the two of you and hoping things were well. Sounds lovely where you are.

The shed has been filled with all kinds of new words lately and as usual, I forget them almost as quickly as I learn them, or misspell them. LOL

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I have a question for all of you writers. Spurred by Mike's comment that creating matters, not winning (Hi Mike, nice to meet you).

I feel the same way about the music I publish on my label, we do it because we enjoy creating and listening to the music so we throw it out into the world hoping that someone else can enjoy it at some point. I use Universal Music Group for distribution, so it goes out worldwide to something like 750+ sites including iTunes, Spotify, etc. And its fun to see the royalty reports come in to see where in the world people are listening. There is really not much money from this, maybe a few hundred $ per year shared among the artists. It takes 1 million streams to make $200 on Spotify, most of what we get coming in is from song downloads, not streaming.

So I'm curious if most of you are in that same boat, creating for the sake of creating vs. trying to make a living off of it? My nephew is a writer too and he has two books in a series available on Amazon. I'm thinking Amazon enables many to write and get their books "out there".

Shlaw, I'm glad you got your nap! Wouldn't want a cranky Shlaw

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluesjr

So I'm curious if most of you are in that same boat, creating for the sake of creating vs. trying to make a living off of it? My nephew is a writer too and he has two books in a series available on Amazon. I'm thinking Amazon enables many to write and get their books "out there".

Shlaw, I'm glad you got your nap! Wouldn't want a cranky Shlaw

I am writing to get buys petted.
Meow!
edit on 6-6-2017 by shlaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: bluesjr

I would like to make a living off of my writing... my goal is to finish my trilogy, and send it off to a Publisher. I know that Amazon exists and whatnot, but I would prefer that I be good enough for a publishing house. No disrespect intended toward Amazon Authors! I have friends who are... but just for me, personally.

If no one wants me... my creations will be free for all. And I'll go back to retail or something.
(At least in my country, a retail assistant earns $22 an hour
)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

Thanks Kaelci. Its good to know that there is hope for writers, I think even Amazon could be fruitful it something caught on by word of mouth (or Amazon ratings). But I expect a publishing house brings marketing money and hardcopy distribution, similar to what major labels do in music (at a big cost to the artist). So many of the arts are very difficult to make money in, the music industry is at a low right now.

Wishing you great success!

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

The stuff shes been working on lately with her trilogy is really good. A new level for kaelci in my opinion. Of course im biased.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: shlaw

And petted you shall be! Come here you little fur ball .......

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

The stuff shes been working on lately with her trilogy is really good. A new level for kaelci in my opinion. Of course im biased.

Awesome! You may be biased, but from what I have read here you are the worlds expert on her progress. So you would know!

BTW, I'm playing bass for a show Saturday night, its not my main instrument but I really enjoy adding the low end to a sound.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

No, you have to earn a petting of the cat, away you dirty cur!

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: shlaw

*hides under the sofa, ready for any feet that
may trespass*

edit to add: whelp, there you have it. meant to edit not
quote. looks like I really do have paws.
edit on 6-6-2017 by shlaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I may be dirty but I am absolutely NOT a cur!
Um, what's a cur?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I may be dirty but I am absolutely NOT a cur!
Um, what's a cur?

One of the canine persuasion...
*shivers*

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
A cur. Ah hahaha!

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Hello Jay, and you too Mike, I am in agreement with Mike, and right now I'm just writing because I want and need to, I've got the beginning of like two books here alone, three if you count poetry. Of course the goal is to eventually get to a point where I'm making primary revenue off my writings, but I am definitely in it for the sake of creation.

Now I have an idea for the contest. I've had two so far lol, wrote one but saved it to edit for once since we're limited to one entry this time, but ended up losing it, and the other never made it out.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

I lost my first one too...
this never happened on typewriters.

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join