It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 16

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Blue Dude peaked around the hallway corner to look at the great hall. He wanted to see who has visited the Shed today. Blue gets his look and goes back to his bedroom in his pajamas as he is tired from a busy day and not looking forward to a busy day tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: shlaw

Lol I think if love the hell out of an actual typewriter, except typos LOL

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
So...Lucid and I have been working on a little story that we hope you folks will enjoy and anyone can jump in if they please. I will enter what we have already in two or three posts. Here we go...

Night the elven warrior ran quickly through the thick forest, sword pulled from its scabbard. There was a crackling of twigs behind her and she paused. The winged wildcat Hugo bared his sharp teeth and with a guttural growl he paced beside the white wolf, both making circles around the area. "Now what do we do?" asked the little pixie named Pesky. "Hush!" replied Night Star. "But...but who or what are they? What do you think they want? You are sensing evil, what?" Night ignored her little friend who never knew when to shut up.

The pixie meant well, but she never did know the right time to give in. She flitted up to Night Star's shoulder and tugged at her ear, "Star"-
But the fierce hearted little woman was silenced as, dark figures appeared at the edge of the clearing. They were wearing dark brown cloaks with designs of white-agents of the evil arcane consortium, beings who used to be elves and humans and dwarves but turned into the path of darkness, twisting into the depths of magic to find the evil buried deep, that for the cost of their souls and sanity they might have power.

An evil was spreading across the land, of which the arcane consortium was just the slightest piece, and it was this which each of the companions sensed besides Pesky, but then that was arguably her best quality, her indomitable spirit.
There were three figures in total, and they stood crackling with energy.
"Star, warrior of the shed. Stand down or we will be forced to kill you and your," Here he paused and though his face is hidden she can feel his sneer and disdain "friends. It is unauthorized to carry weaponry of any kind or to have dealings with the nature spirits."

Calmly Night turned to the dark figures. She raised an eyebrow and smirked, then laughed with defiance. "You are telling me an Elven warrior to stand down and you care about the laws of the nature spirits? I am well known throughout the lands and the nature spirits are well aware of my protective and battle skills. They are wise enough to know I will protect not only them but anyone who comes into the realm with an evil black heart such as yours. I do believe it is you and your companions that should be worried as you are not welcomed here." She paused a moment. "Oh and...never mess with the elf!" Slowly she raised her sword, it gleamed in the moonlight. She stood tall and proud with her head lifted high.

The figure that had spoken raised his staff and spoke an incantation. Inky darkness emanated from the staff and swirled in front of him, solidifying into a dark version of night herself! This Night Star was her complete inverse, like a photo negative, and he raised his own sword to mirror the pose Night Star was in.
The other two figures raise their staffs and create a copycat of none other than the mighty dragon Storm himself... the dark storm roars and flies straight towards Night Star, and the dark Star is close behind!

edit on 6-6-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

I'm getting ready to be busy too tomorrow buddy. Except im driving myself to be busy because usually I'm too lazy and lost in my sadness to go anywhere or do anything.

Goodnight, blue one, it will be okay,
You don't have to wait for someday,
Anymore.
It is inside you, even though,
I know,
It's oh so hard to feel.
Peace to you,
You'll find it, soon,
Beyond time and space
In the silent spaces between the busy life
And underneath
The frustration and lies
Of oppression and despair
It is yours to hold and to share,
It's not just in your best friends,
I swear,
I know it feels like the road is
Gone, or is too far away
The feeling of home,
Born of love and magic,
Flowing of light,
Expressing beautiful proficiency
Which brings immense value into
The world, in droves
Like a flame that grows
You may gutter in the wind
But you will remain between the wind
Connect the dots
Of love and light, sprinkled all throughout your life
These are your truths, they are yours to keep
In them you shall reap All the dreams you've sown
And watered. We know what's in your heart,
We see your life as a wonderful start
And continuation, a story of
Bravery, and compassion, of loyalty and deep sadness,
A wolf indeed. Found it you shall be, because you seek
That better life, and it lies in your heart I swear.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Continued from above

The real Night Star stood frozen for a moment. What madness was this she wondered. She had battled magic of darkness before, but this presented a most challenging situation. The white wolf raced through the tall grasses toward the dark elf. Jumping from behind her, he took her by surprise. Now she was pinned beneath. He snarled close to her face and bared his razor sharp teeth. His aggression and rage was unleashed in a fury of biting and clawing at her tender flesh. The dark elf’s sword had flown out of her hand by the unexpected attack, but she quickly pulled a knife that was hidden in her leather boot and began to slice into his side. The wolf’s fury was not to be tamed. With a final slash, he clawed her across the chest, nails digging deep to the very center of her heart. Suddenly the dark Elf became smoke and ash.

The real Night Star whipped around and saw the sudden approach of the dark dragon, as mighty and strong as her own, but hers was nowhere to be seen. He had been guarding the shedlands and had no time to reach her, even though her thoughts carried across the miles to him. Pesky, though tiny in size, had much courage and was fearless in the chaos that ensued. She flew quickly to the dark dragon and with her sword, like a needle, she stabbed the dragon’s eyes over and over again until it blinded him and he spiraled out of the sky.

The mighty dragon landed with a giant thud. The winged wildcat looked to the wounded wolf and Night Star. Though Wolf was hurt, he still had some fight left in him. Together they gathered by the giant beast attacking with a vengeance, ending its dark life. He too turned to swirling smoke and darkened ash.

Night turned to the other dark beings and with arms folded she spoke. “Is that the best you can do? She smirked awaiting a reply.

The dark being that seemed to be the leader emanated a nasty humor.
"You may be unbeatable with your friends by your side. But what happens when your friends cannot save you?"
With that he reaches a hand out to Star and pulls his hand with a twisting motion, and she sees the world around her warp and turn grey. Pesky was frozen with her tongue stuck out and her fingers waggling in her ears, Hugo was frozen midsnarl, and Wolf was paused in the middle if licking his wounds. Even Stars thought connection to Storm seemed sluggish and very far away.

The dark beings were not entirely without honour, as they left Night Star freedom to move. Well, actually it wasn't by their honour that allowed them to do that, even the darkness had rules it must follow. Night Star was one of the mightiest warriors in the entire land, as well as one of the brightest lights. Her spirit demanded the right to combat, and the darkness could nit dominate her will so violently as to deny her this.

Surprisingly, the other two dark beings were greyed out as well. Only the leader remained in motion with her. Here, his honor really did show, as he chose to face her in single combat, rather than summoning more friends for her to fight against. He disrobed slowly, until he wore slightly baggy but clingy black pants and nothing else. When he did so it became apparent that that the robe was just brown, the white patterns she had seen were coming from his skin, and oddly instead of adding to the light in the area, they subtracted it, as if taking in the available light for fuel. His muscles rippled as he stretched for a moment, and stood with his staff outstretched towards Pesky.
"Make the first move, Star the elf, or the pixie gets it."

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Continued from above

Her rage threatened to overtake her, but she knew she must remained focused and in control. She would fight for her companions to the very death. If that death should be hers, she knew she would die with honor, like Sky the miniature dragon she loved so deeply and lost to the powers of darkness. To a dragon death in battle against evil was the highest honor and so it would be for her.

Staring at the threatening being with eyes of steel, she spoke, steady and in control. “You stand there so filled with arrogance and pride, using your staff to protect you. How very brave of you. You disgust me!” She spat. “Without your staff, you are nothing but a coward!” She would resort to magic of her own if she had to. The Elven warrior was schooled in the great halls of the mystics and the ancient ones, the secret and hidden places in all the Kingdoms of the shedlands. She was knowledgeable in the use of weaponry and knew all the right evasive moves and battle tactics. “Choose a real weapon and let’s see how far that gets you!” Her heart ached for her friends frozen in time. What if she failed them? This being was so much larger than the little Elf and appeared to have great strength. She looked frail in comparison. She could almost feel the heaviness of the evil that emanated from his black heart.

If she couldn’t save her trusty companions, who would be the true guardian of the Shedlands and its Kingdoms far and wide? No, she couldn’t dwell on her helpless friends stuck in the shadows of his magic and might. She couldn’t allow her heart to dwell on the creatures and beings of the shed or she would falter. Her resolve was strengthened as she took a deep breath.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

GAH! That was sooo beautiful!!!!!!

We are always here Blue and there's always PM's. You are never alone!

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife
Blue Dude peaked around the hallway corner to look at the great hall. He wanted to see who has visited the Shed today. Blue gets his look and goes back to his bedroom in his pajamas as he is tired from a busy day and not looking forward to a busy day tomorrow.

I wish it were easier to take away the pain from friends when they are in need. Somehow words seem elusive, as though not enough. We try to bring comfort, even a semblance of peace into their world and can only hope that for now, it is enough. Even knowing it may be a temporary fix, we can't help but to reach out with our love and compassion, with our friendship and light. We are here Blue. Always.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Mike it is so good to hear from you. Grand hugs to you and Dada.

a reply to: JustMike
It sounds like life is good, this warms my heart.
It is a kerfuffle to see you.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
First an apology. I have neglected to say Hello and welcome to our Shed family. It is so nice to see new faces.
As a semi older member it should be on my list of priorities.

originally posted by: bluesjr
I have a question for all of you writers. Spurred by Mike's comment that creating matters, not winning
So I'm curious if most of you are in that same boat, creating for the sake of creating vs. trying to make a living off of it?

Second. About creating. I can not live with out it. Since I was able to write, at a wee age, I haven't stopped, I have stories and tales falling out of me that demand to be written. I never care if any one ever reads them.
Stories emerge when ever there is a vacant moment.
I love to write. I yearn to become better and search deeper. Learn from others.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Haven't had time to catch up, but here's some
mood music for those that need it, including
me.

edit on 6-6-2017 by shlaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: LucidWarrior

I'm getting ready to be busy too tomorrow buddy. Except im driving myself to be busy because usually I'm too lazy and lost in my sadness to go anywhere or do anything.

Goodnight, blue one, it will be okay,
You don't have to wait for someday,
Anymore.
It is inside you, even though,
I know,
It's oh so hard to feel.
Peace to you,
You'll find it, soon,
Beyond time and space
In the silent spaces between the busy life
And underneath
The frustration and lies
Of oppression and despair
It is yours to hold and to share,
It's not just in your best friends,
I swear,
I know it feels like the road is
Gone, or is too far away
The feeling of home,
Born of love and magic,
Flowing of light,
Expressing beautiful proficiency
Which brings immense value into
The world, in droves
Like a flame that grows
You may gutter in the wind
But you will remain between the wind
Connect the dots
Of love and light, sprinkled all throughout your life
These are your truths, they are yours to keep
In them you shall reap All the dreams you've sown
And watered. We know what's in your heart,
We see your life as a wonderful start
And continuation, a story of
Bravery, and compassion, of loyalty and deep sadness,
A wolf indeed. Found it you shall be, because you seek
That better life, and it lies in your heart I swear.

Lucid, I don't know how you do it so well, but you are speaking of words from my heart. Thank you.

Night Star, (I sent a PM to you) thank you for your nice words as well. As you may know, tomorrow morning I will be up early to go to the heart clinic for 3 hours of testing. After that I need to go to my doctor's office and get blood drawn. After that I am free for the day so maybe I'll be able to catch up on all the stories here.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: BugWhisperer

I am am finding that I still can't articulate the thoughts i want to say.
This is not me
even as i type these words, they are not the thoughts that i wanted to express.

I know you are replying to Night, but pardon me for interjecting.

From afar, and I don't know why or how, but your words and presence always bring me comfort and courage.
I hear and "see" you and know life is a better place with you in our midst.
Don't worry, those with ears can hear.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Wis, I have seen how you write and I would be thrilled to see you write in here!!!!!! I won't beg though so...um...please?

Shlaw, good choice!!!

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I wish you the best Blue tomorrow. The tests are grueling, pardon me but I prefer to call a spade, a spade.
People in white coats with perfect hair who tell you to calm down and do this and that.

I was scared of getting a heart attack just trying to appease these people.

You get a good nights sleep and don't pay attention to any one but your self in the morning.
Be selfish. Ignore others demands or politely say " I will think about it' or 'I will get back to you later'.
Just be selfish. Try it one day.
It will give you so much energy so you can be present to those who really need you and yourself.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

That is a beautiful sentiment.
And to truly be able to hear the whispers of trees one must be silent, one must listen.
In the same way as we in silence listen to the trees, we must listen to each other.

Let us listen to each other.

Do you know how much I love you? All of you, you magical beings that paint pictures of life in my soul. Every one of you.
Please pardon my emotions, but ........

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I don't know how I missed this Blue! Good luck with everything tomorrow. I'll be here when you get back. Hopefully others will be as well. Hugs!

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
a reply to: Night Star

That is a beautiful sentiment.
And to truly be able to hear the whispers of trees one must be silent, one must listen.
In the same way as we in silence listen to the trees, we must listen to each other.

Let us listen to each other.

Do you know how much I love you? All of you, you magical beings that paint pictures of life in my soul. Every one of you.

It was perfect for the shed. Funny, you're the first person I thought of when I saw it and knew would comment on it.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

That is what touches me so deeply Wis, the love we all have in here that we share with each other, the heartaches, pain and disappointments, joys, laughter and love. The magic is all of us. Though each person is unique, they shine their own special light into this sacred place. And...this Elf will keep this place, OUR place alive as long as someone still needs it to be.

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join