It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - A Civil Conversation Between Skeptics And Effected

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar
No different to when you Hoover the carpet, FedEx some documents or Google something.

I take it you understand the Lion vs wolf symbology and we're moving past that.

I get what you mean about Depends, but you misunderstand (I think) that it was one way and is now another. It's not a lexicon issue.

If it was a lexicon issue, your example would be better expressed like:

I would Hoove the carpet - FedE a package - and Googl something.

edit on 11-5-2017 by Pearj because: made post clearer

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

..because the opposites will lay down together - co-commune where they wouldn't otherwise (that is the point of the verse).

I understand that, Sheep and Wolves like Cats and Dogs are mortal enemies.
The message of the scripture is clear as it is in the first place.

For your republican and democrat line to be applicable here, I would need to say that your intention with that line was CLEARLY to show that Communists and Democrats are opposites.

It would make no sense, but that's what SeaWorthy did which I questioned.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

No different to when you Hoover the carpet, FedEx some documents or Google something.

I take it you understand the Lion vs wolf symbology and we're moving past that.

I get what you mean about Depends, but you misunderstand (I think) that it was one way and is now another. It's not a lexicon issue.

If it was a lexicon issue, your example would be better expressed like:

I would Hoove the carpet - FedE a package - and Googl something.

Not really, the lexicon issue would probably be better expressed like...
Hoovered the carpet, FedExed the package and Googled something.

Just like with a pair of Depends we are adding letters to make it easier to say.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I don't believe this effect thing. The only false memory I have is this:

I always remember Mars as being quiet a lot bigger than Earth. But it is smaller than Earth.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Jeronimo

I remember Mars being larger than it is now - but not larger than Earth.

I also think the Earth shrunk a little - which is why the continents are displaced and moved upwards, and the Arctic had to be removed.

...I have to go practice a song (fun stuff) and I'm going to be away tomorrow. Please carry on, I'll be back.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Jeronimo

That's really interesting.
Although some people can't see the hidden picture in those Magic Eye puzzles.

If you look through the ever growing list of ME's and none of them work on you then you are one of the special ones.

I can't really ask the question without sounding insulting (not my intention) so I'll start with an apology and....
Do you have any mental traits like photographic memory or possibly lesser ones which could change how you process information?

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
Please for the love of God, unless you are attempting a pun because of Effect in Mandela Effect, learn the difference and use affect where you should. I get really frustrated reading people's posts that say mandela effected. It would be mandela AFFECTED... affect is a verb, effect is a noun.

Jaden

It was explained quite clearly in the OP that the use of "Effected" here was a play on words. But since you seem a bit confused and that appears to take precedence over the actual thread topic, here's a link explaining how what you so smugly stated above is not accurate either. Cheers.

affect/effect

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

a reply to: SaturnFX

The internet just recently came out? It's been out since the early 90's...

Jaden

N00b, I was using BBS systems in the 80s. eventually moving into more connected services (there was a moment when AOL was a good thing), and then bam..internet

I am saying common pop usage really started with the advent of cheap and easy PCs, smart phones, and the ipad. thats when western nations really started getting connected..thats when sub-par intellects also were able to access the net. no need to set up routers and handshake protocols, mess around with proxy servers and the like. in the year 2000, net usage was pretty common (dial up goodness) but broadband is when it really took off, and that was around 2001/2ish timeframe for common public.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

a reply to: SaturnFX

There's is tons of evidence for ME...lol just like with most paradigm adherents, ME false memory adherents simply dismiss said evidence because it doesn't fit their paradigm.

Jaden

I guess all the evidence must be in that other dimension.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

Herbal Essences

This one looks like it may be a name change after sold and adding other herbs.
The others I agree and more like Braggs even smoking recipe I have says Braggs I can't say Bragg sounds to wrong!

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

..because the opposites will lay down together - co-commune where they wouldn't otherwise (that is the point of the verse).

I understand that, Sheep and Wolves like Cats and Dogs are mortal enemies.
The message of the scripture is clear as it is in the first place.

For your republican and democrat line to be applicable here, I would need to say that your intention with that line was CLEARLY to show that Communists and Democrats are opposites.

It would make no sense, but that's what SeaWorthy did which I questioned.

Same thing a different word.
Changed word.

Question: I think a mountain lion killed my goat/sheep. What are my options?
Answer: Mountain lions do kill goats and sheep.

santacruzpumas.org...
Wildlife of Israel

By the beginning of the 20th century, the white oryx, the Syrian brown bear, the Asiatic lions, the Asiatic cheetah, and the Nile crocodile became extinct in the region.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

Indeed, also good to see you again😁😁 , and yes I was...among other things in the medical sphere, for a good long stretch.

I think the anatomy thing is fake. Not on the part of the people who believe it's true, but on the part of the inimitable 'They'; capitalizing on the true ME events and scaring the bejeesus out of people who don't know any better. I mean, what better way to freak people out than making them believe their own bodies have changed overnight?

They haven't. Not at all. Everything is exactly the same; organ placement is still where it was...if it weren't, we'd all die very quickly from organ system failure. Our anatomy is in absolute concert with our physiology. Without one, the other will not function; homeostasis would be disrupted in ways that are simply not compatible with human life.

I broke this down extensively in a post last year because it really disturbed me to realize that people truly believed their anatomy had changed in ways that would not be possible for sustaining their physiology. We're built the way we are like a car...put a part in the wrong place and the car won't run. Try randomly rerouting all of the engine components of your vehicle to other components' rightful places and see what happens.

Our bodies were not rearranged. The blurry, indistinct radiology films, the sudden crop of distorted anatomy diagrams that appeared all over the internet...I would have to see that on autopsy, in person, to ever believe such a thing. And so would the dozens of fellow medical professionals that I've spoken to about this.

It's not that this particular ME just weirdly bypassed me when others didn't. There is no anatomy ME. I promise you, I've seen my own radiology films as well as dozens of others...including some posted on here...and nothing has actually changed.

The craziest thing for me was to be accused, en masse with others, of subscribing to mass hysteria....while watching that precise phenomenon happening right in front of my face. Surreal.

What was even more astonishing...and bizarre as f*ck, to be honest...was seeing all of these "non-experiencers" mocking the ME people for having these outrageous delusions in the first place, smugly telling these people that not only were they 100% correct about the "different" anatomy, but that human anatomy HAD ALWAYS BEEN ASS BACKWARD.

The irony was almost physically painful. Not only are they going after people like it was the latest sporting event and there was a big prize at the end, but these silly bitches are so caught up in the feeding frenzy that they actually start to insist themselves that the "mass delusion" that these folks have; that they've "switched universes" and their physical bodies literally changed on a molecular level is not only validated, but that our pieces and parts have ALWAYS been in a totally different arrangement that is completely and utterly incompatible with human life on this planet. If it wasn't so disturbingly bizarre, I'd probably think it was hilarious.

But I'm not laughing, because I really feel angry on the behalf of all of these poor souls walking around believing that their bodies have been fundamentally altered, without their knowledge or consent. I'm not angry with them. I'm angry with whomever decided to take this and turn it into a social experiment or psyop or hell, their personal entertainment, why not. It doesn't matter much why they're doing it. Nothing will ever make that OK in my view.

On a lighter note, I did watch a video of an exceptionally bright thirteen year old boy giving an explanation of the causation behind the true "Mandela Effect" phenomena that really resonated with me. It might sound kind of disturbing to some people for various reasons; religion being one of them, and others would simply dismiss it outright, but he's a brilliant kid and he makes sense.

If I can find a link I'll post it, but someone showed it to me on their phone. I don't know the title but it's a YouTube vid. Like I said earlier, I have many reasons for believing he's on the right track, once I put aside my own bias regarding the concept of some quantum shifts occurring. I read some things I had dismissed without reading previously, and learned some things that took my thinking in a different direction. So I can accept his explanation and am not bothered in any spiritual way or anything by it. Anyway, it's worth a watch...not a overly long video either.

I told myself I was not going to talk about this anymore, and look at you, getting me to talk about it. Maybe I need to, now that my view has been widened. I think people should not only focus on the known ME events, but start paying closer attention to everything around them as well. I think we're going to see more and more strangeness as time goes on, and I think it will start to affect more and more people. It stands to reason...if one thing changed, then so did a whole lot more things than we're focusing on.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Really, south America moved because your looking at a globe on a desk,? gimme a break it's in the same spot it's always been. If. I'm 100% sure A person from 2017 current day could 50 years ago could use the EXACT same directions to get there from a set location they they've traveled before.

projections change all the time even the map you learned in school isn't accurate.

That's the only one I'll reply to because it's a good example of the mindset of a ME believers, you'd rather believe you live in an alternate universe where south America isn't where it is supposed to be

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
It's like 1987 if the government was rewriting history you'd accept it and just think you're living in an alternate universe.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I think it might be a little too early to have a productive and civil discussion between the Skeptics and the Effected.

The Skeptics are pretty comfortable with the position that it's nothing more than a trick of the mind. I can't see anyone on the skeptic side opposing a comparison of Ouija boards and ME's. Both have a level of evidence that can be looked into, and both are caused by brain workings on a sub conscious level.

What is the position of the Effected in regards to the cause of ME's?
Is it CERN,God,Quantum flucuations, Aliens etc. etc.

The Effected need a civil discussion with the Effected to try and work out what they actually believe.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Good catch, thank you...

I'll see your Herbal Essences and raise you a Hellmann's Mayonnaise

(was Helman's Mayonaise - yep, mayonaise changed)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jeronimo
I don't believe this effect thing. The only false memory I have is this:

I always remember Mars as being quiet a lot bigger than Earth. But it is smaller than Earth.

I remember Mars being like one and a half times bigger than Earth.
edit on 12-5-2017 by wickd_waze because: ASU

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   
The mandela Effect ,

The One thing that had Stuck in my mind ,

Was The James Bond Movie Moonraker

The One Scene of the Metal Mouths Dolly & Jaws
after the Ski Lift car Crash Dolly Help hims lift off a Cable Wheel

He Smiles with his Metal Teeth, She Returns the Smile with her
BRACES and Jaws instantly Falls For her, as what they Share in Common!

This site even Said so , yet the photo shows no Braces !

Universal Exports Moonraker
www.universalexports.net...

Dolly Played by: Blanche Ravalec Description: In perhaps the strangest love affair in the series, Jaws meets Dolly in Rio after his failed attempt on Bond and Goodhead's lives. The complete opposite of Jaws, Dolly is a short blond girl with pigtails, glasses and braces. It is her influence that leads Jaws to the side of good and she also hears the one line Jaws says in his two movies, "Well, here's to us."

Now: Its best Remembered in the Movie as to why Dolly and Jaws fell for each other .

It Because of Her Braces ,

Now that particular Scene does not make a Whole lot of Sense .
blog.joins.com...(1).jpg

now She is Smiling with Perfect Teeth , ?

Someone had even
Dug out their original Old 30ish VHS Tape to see
that Scene and even the Tape Did NOT show Braces!

and anyone that had seen Moonraker on HBO or Cinemax
back in the 80s Especially young Teens, Would know..

Its Like Man from High Castle kind of a thing,

Two Parallel Worlds Merged together with Slight Difference's
of a Alter Change , a Butterfly Effect,

The Big Boys Playing with Time/Dimension Travel Toys

Looking Glass / Time Machine, LOL

he Smiles

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: mclarenmp4
And it doesn't change the fact it's just bad memory.

Please describe how bad memory applies to this:

She's right next to it...Like I said - we've moved well past the faulty memory argument. It's time to look closer.

Please describe how this picture proves anything at all. it's time to look closer at the stupidity of these claims. They are right up there with the flat earth and chemtrails. Subjects like these are one reason ATS is not taken seriously anywhere else. These subjects are absurd beyond belief.
*sigh. So remind us again... why are you here then on a conspiracy website if you think these topics are absurd?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   

a reply to: SeaWorthy

Good catch, thank you...

I'll see your Herbal Essences and raise you a Hellmann's Mayonnaise

(was Helman's Mayonaise - yep, mayonaise changed)
Clairol orignally called their shampoo products Herbal Essence, but subsequently changed it to Herbal Essences. Sorry for the source:

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join