It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - A Civil Conversation Between Skeptics And Effected

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Did Sinbad ever star in a movie as a genie?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

You've got me there.

I was picturing the king of the jungle and a soft and cuddly lamb.
The lion and the lamb could just as easily be a puma and a baby goat.
My bad, I made the same mistake as those who mock unicorns in the bible without realising it's just a rhinoceros.

Linking the lion with the lamb definitely makes more sense now.
Cheers!! it's always nice to be proven wrong.

SeaWorthy 1
Krahzeef 0

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: omniEther
It's like 1987 if the government was rewriting history you'd accept it and just think you're living in an alternate universe.

Yeah, I loved 1984 and -85 but he really jumped the shark with all the weird interdimensional crap in -87.

originally posted by: TruthJava

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: Pearj

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: mclarenmp4
And it doesn't change the fact it's just bad memory.

Please describe how bad memory applies to this:

She's right next to it...Like I said - we've moved well past the faulty memory argument. It's time to look closer.

Please describe how this picture proves anything at all. it's time to look closer at the stupidity of these claims. They are right up there with the flat earth and chemtrails. Subjects like these are one reason ATS is not taken seriously anywhere else. These subjects are absurd beyond belief.
*sigh. So remind us again... why are you here then on a conspiracy website if you think these topics are absurd?

Try not to dislocate your jaw with all that sighing. Maybe some of us love the conspiracy scene and don't want to see it get buried under too much nonsense. Don't get me wrong, I love reading about ME too, but there's not a lot of substance to this. Even if I could somehow go inside the head of someone who believes in it then it wouldn't change anything, it's still easily explainable by scrambled memories.

Think about this by the way; wouldn't it be weird if there where no occurrences of ME? If there where no catch phrases or logos that had gotten mutated into something different from the original, in the collective consciousness? That would be a lot more inexplicable I think.

But still, I'm not judging anyone, I'm all for weird topics. I know there is other stuff I believe in that most wouldn't consider.
edit on 12-5-2017 by Cutepants because: Forgot the not in the second to last sentence, haha Freudian slip...

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I find it all pretty interesting and definitely remember some of the same things one of my brothers does and some stuff differently.

I'd have chalked it up to my poor memory, except my memory used to be really, really sharp. Though in these last few years, and I'm not exactly sure when, it seems like a lot of my memory has a haze in it and so I've grown not to trust it so much.

In any event though, I'd be inclined to believe faulty memories, if so many people didn't "misremember" the same exact thing. People from all over, people disconnected from each other.

I've seen enough weirdness and strangeness and had so many experiences of Deja vu in my life that I just can't dismiss it as nothing. I believe there is something more there, I'm just not sure what.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Good catch, thank you...

I'll see your Herbal Essences and raise you a Hellmann's Mayonnaise

(was Helman's Mayonaise - yep, mayonaise changed)

These name changes are really weird. This one is interesting becoming Hell.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
ME is nothing but bad memory and the EGO not allowing people to accept they are wrong so they use ME as a scapegoat.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: jidnum

Did Dolly have braces in the movie Moonraker?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Good catch, thank you...

It means bright in German. Just saying you shouldn't read to much into it.

I think the the scene in Moonraker is the weirdest one for me. But I know I'd never even have thought of whether she had braces or not if this thing didn't appear on the internet in 2015.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

The anti-ME'ers who come in with the one liners I think used to do if "for the stars". They received peer validation which falsely adds to a person's feeling of self worth.

It's like a chain of people patting themselves on the back for patting themselves on the back.

I've noted how little of that is in this thread though - I can sense them starving (they'll get it somewhere else though, no biggie).

You're on to something - talk it up! Talking (for me) helps organize thoughts and feelings.

-----

So I've been looking into some of the characteristics of myself since this thing started to happen.. The traits apparently have names..

INFJ personality type.
An "Indigo" person.
An "intuitive empath".
An SLI ("slider", amongst a host of other similar phenomena).

I never dreamed there were others that are "sliders" let alone it had a name. I told my wife about it years ago when we were out walking one night as one of the weird things that sometimes happen to me - and of course it happened in her presence a few times - been happening since I was a kid. I'm still kind of shocked it has a name.

So anyway - I saw a video (dr. lupo) where he polled viewers on the empath thing. I had to look up what it meant, and it applied to me, so now I'm curious how many here would identify as an empath?

Are "empaths" more prone to the ME?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

The hell part is interesting..

..but for me it's "mayonnaise" (should be "mayonaise") - they're messing with my f#4king mayo - now it's personal.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Good catch, thank you...

It means bright in German. Just saying you shouldn't read to much into it.

I think the the scene in Moonraker is the weirdest one for me. But I know I'd never even have thought of whether she had braces or not if this thing didn't appear on the internet in 2015.

well Dolly Return Smile all Teeth does not makes Sense , It Makes Perfect Sense if She DID!
especially the Reaction of Jaws!

A slight Change from the Future even unrelated can cause a paradox
a Butterfly Effect a reaction causing a change of Mind .

well thats if , Humans had a way of changing the Past Altering Time.

to bad we couldn't sign a partition of who Seen, or had thought they have seen Dolly with braces in moonraker

Mandela Effect - 007 Moonraker; Dolly Has No Braces!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar
I think it might be a little too early to have a productive and civil discussion between the Skeptics and the Effected.

The Skeptics are pretty comfortable with the position that it's nothing more than a trick of the mind. I can't see anyone on the skeptic side opposing a comparison of Ouija boards and ME's. Both have a level of evidence that can be looked into, and both are caused by brain workings on a sub conscious level.

What is the position of the Effected in regards to the cause of ME's?
Is it CERN,God,Quantum flucuations, Aliens etc. etc.

The Effected need a civil discussion with the Effected to try and work out what they actually believe.

I think it's the right time - every now is the right time.

What is the position of the Effected? I just can't speak for them all.. they range.

If *I* had to be nailed down on it though, my best guess would be scientific advancements (no, I'm not scared of science - in case that's what you're thinking). More importantly the whole thing has a definite prophetic overtone (for me it's Biblical, for others it may be Hopi, Mayan, early Pagan, etc..).

Though it wouldn't matter what cause I point to - you (or someone) will find a way to poke fun at it. See how guarded anti-ME'es have made me? I'm trying to anticipate your jokes so I can get to them before you do.

For me, it feels like something big is coming.

Look at my track record here - for years I never posted anything - until now..

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Double post.
edit on 12-5-2017 by pacific because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj
Please, please, please, for the love of my sanity, it is AFFECTED!!!

Not effected! You even spell it with a capital to bring the word into focus!

For example, you wrote: there may come a time where she will be effected.

It is affected, not effected. The way you've used the word 'effected' means she's not alright in the head if you get my meaning.

So if you're getting this spelling wrong, and in your OP, you claim to be a psychotherapist or something, then someone with a degree would have to have written enough papers to know the difference between effected and affected. Please stop writing Effected. You keep using that word. It does not mean what you think it means.

So, I can begin by saying I take notice of spelling. I'm a writer, editor, and mother. A few things I notice while driving around is how marketers incorrectly spell words on purpose to give housing estates, businesses, and other things fun and different names. That way they can't be sued for copying a name etc. Park is spelled Parc for a new housing estate. Meanwhile the massive sign is on a stretch of bare grass, looking a lot like a park. Drives me absolutely nuts as kids in cars probably look up at the signs and think that's how you spell 'park'.

So language has seem to have suffered. I don't know whether this is due to technology or not. But many people are bad spellers and they don't know it.

The only ME that I can say I saw with my own eyes was The Flintstones flip flop, but like another poster said, it has so little impact on my life, and there's been plenty of other stuff occurring that does affect my life, so I was a bit shocked but could shrug off that particular ME.

I DO think there needs to be a civil discussion about it. Those who ridicule and claim faulty memory seem to only want to derail a thread. If you don't respond to their posts, then the thread remains informative rather than argumentative. If you pay attention then they will insult first, hoping someone takes the bait and responds to them, and then after that they have a consistent volley of back-and-forth nonsense and arguments that are so see-through they're virtually laughable. If no one responds to the first insult, then they attack someone else's post and if that someone feels slighted, then they may respond, which again sets off a chain of posts that derail the thread.

Pay attention.

Okay, since I got that off my chest, has anyone watched the video on YouTube that shows the Mandela Effect over a year?

If you have, did you notice anything?

Now, in some respects I am not the most observant person in the world, but I do notice spelling.

A lot of the products have a letters omitted or the 's' at the end of the word chopped off. And the packages look smaller. It makes me think that corporations want to offer a product but need to reduce the quantity while keeping the price the same, so Depends becomes Depend and the packaging looks smaller. Even Vick's Vapor Rub. Have a really good look. What letter could you remove and still get the general name across? Sound it out casually. That's right, it's the ''r", creating VapoRub. Notice how they even squeezed the two words together? So not only could they reduce the jar size by taking out the 'r' but they could make you say it fast in your mind, so it would still would the same, effectively giving them two letter spaces in which to help reduce the product's quantity while maintaining the price.

Let's take Febreeze. What letter could you omit from that name so you could still sell the same product, only not as much and for the same price? One of the 'e's of course. It has so many.

Now, this is something I wanted to point out because it looked odd to me, but obvious as I watched the video. This still doesn't explain how there seems to be a past where it's always been Depend.

I think it rather points out what kind of timeline we're in.

There are many other Mandelas that people say were upsetting for them, but the only one I can say for sure that I witnessed was The Flintstones as I researched it on my computer, and every hit came up as Flinstones. A little while later, it changed back. And it was unsettling.

I'm glad you opened this discussion even if the use of Effected was driving me crazy.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: pacific

I appreciate you're an outspoken Effected person..

..but you missed the mark on the Effected term.. - I can only offer you this:

(go back and look closer - "pay attention")

edit on 12-5-2017 by Pearj because: of the cheap seats

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Tp

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Tp

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Tp

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

Thanks for the civil discussion.

When you start debating a missing 's' in a brand name or an added 'n' in the word mayonnaise, then you absolutely need to use the correct word in sentences. A play on words with ME is only a hindrance. People reading your posts might think that is really the right context to use 'effected'.

Ask yourself, if everyone was to use 'effected' in this manner, would it help people's language or hinder it?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: pacific

Ma'am - the issue has been addressed several times - in this thread.

The reason for use of the term is listed in the OP (this thread).

The issue is again addressed a few pages in - with links to all instances where I use 'affected' in this thread (correctly I might add).

The issue is again addressed by another user for someone that didn't read the first few times it was explained - in this thread.

You're going to have to read the thread. It's all there for you to see.

edit on 13-5-2017 by Pearj because: wanted it to be even clearer

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join