It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - A Civil Conversation Between Skeptics And Effected

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

You seriously just compared them with trolls?

(post by Crumbles removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Ignore them because they're on par with flat earthers

Nine out of ten dentists surveyed said they are crazy.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   

No, not the trolls. The ones who actually believe it.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
My own weird experience was driving a semi-truck down a snowy mountain road in Winter one day, going into a skid, recovering from the skid, and then feeling this intense sadness.

Like maybe another version of myself in a parallel world hadn't made it out of the skid, and his driving career was now over.

originally posted by: CreationBro
a reply to: Pearj

A few points i have:

Why would such seemingly insignificant things like a book with a different spelled name or a movie with a character wihout braces indicate dimensional shifting? There are numerous possible explanations including editing/publishing sources wanting different spelling, misprints, multiple takes of a scene with slight variations, and of course, memory issues.

y.

There would only be a version of "you" in a dimension that was very similar to our own, or which was identical to our own prior to your birth.

Why? Because there are thousands, maybe even millions of sperm swimming toward that one egg on the day of your conception, and it would only require a very slight difference in your parents' lives for a different sperm to have gotten there first. (Or for conception to have taken place on a different day with a different egg.)

Even after that, if the childhood version of you takes a very different path than you did in your childhood, they may not be in tune with you, or you with them. So no memory swapping.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
You seriously just compared them with trolls?

What you call trolls some of us call unsubstantiated phenomena, such as: flat earth, alien abductions, Mandela effect, the return of the Annunakis, Nibiru etc etc.

Lots of people believe in them, without any evidence to back them up. And when you show them facts and explanations they disregard it and say you get upset or you are scared of facing the truth.... this has happened to me when I have discussed each topic I mentioned above.

I would also personally add religions to that list, but that's just me.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj
I have a feeling you're asking what I've learned so you can glean if I've done my homework - not because you're interested in what I've learned.

That's pretty close. It's not so much if you've done your homework but what field your homework covers.
I'm amazed that people don't investigate more how memory actually works however that could just be my biased misunderstanding shining through and gravitational theory or bonsai cutting could be the best path to understanding.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The point of the whole topic was to keep things civil and just discuss. At this time I don't see myself changing my mind on ME. I like to play around with theory and look at stuff from anyone's angle, or if I AM capable of it, my own original angle. Even with discussing this with PearJ, neither mind has currently changed and for all I know, it may never change. But to be able to just discuss is a wonderful thing.

So yes, I am a skeptic and do not believe at this point. The one thing I do notice though is that some who don't believe seem to need to come in and say it. Why not just leave it be? I mean of all the theories that are considered wacky, this is pretty harmless.

Now if people want to go after parts of religion, though I think it's very meh, at least in that case I can see the upset because religion seeps into politics and can effect millions. But this? Who does this harm? And don't get me wron I am not interested in playing gatekeeper, but if your point was made then what else is needed?

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I have to admit that I hadn't heard of the Mandela effect until seeing the recent series of threads about it on ATS, even though I've been a casual lurker for a few years.

I don't think I'm one of the effected. I remember when I was in college the calls to Free Mandela, so naturally, I didn't have a memory that he died. It's interesting to me that so many people did have this memory. The pop culture stuff -- Berenstain bears, curious George not having a tail, etc. -- aren't as interesting. It could just be people weren't paying close attention. I know I wasn't.

I'm more interested in reading about the big memories that people have, and Mandela fits in that vein. All of the pop culture stuff is akin, at least to me, people mishearing song lyrics (I was certain Taylor Swift was singing about a long list of starbucks lovers instead of ex-lovers, for example).

So, I'm here to read and listen without judgement. Could another explanation be that the formation of memory and the malleability of the human mind has a function from an evolutionary perspective? I don't know what that function could be, but we seem to have a hive mind as a species at times, like a colony of bees. An example of the hive mind is following leaders and kings, even when they are leading us down an irrational path.

edit on 11-5-2017 by icanteven because: Typos -- it's early

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

As I have

One of the first ME threads from several years back had one person from Australia who was effected by ME in the same way Americans were experiencing with regards to Australia shifting.

edit on 11-5-2017 by wickd_waze because: ASU

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj
Can you understand why it looks odd though?

To your point..

I've never seen or thought of ME stuff as related to religion. In fact I see it as far from religion. When I asked at my church (member for 17 years, been through discipleship etc) the pastor remembered Lion and the Lamb but had no explanation for why it wasn't in the Bible any more. I follow my faith based on faith (non-visual stimuli, a "matter of the heart"). I see the ME as a tangible thing occurring.

Most people I know don't talk about the ME in religious terms. Neither do I. We don't blindly follow, we're drawing off what we know.

Why does it seem religious to you? Does it seem as though we "blindly follow"?

Some approaches seem odd, mine included probably. It's a really good question however and I hope I was at least able to give a plausible reason to my side. On the flip side what do you think motivates you to support the theory?

As far as the religion aspect goes, provided you believe in the spirit then there has to be severe spiritual ramifications to all the variations that are said to occur. Nelson Mandela did a lot of good things after he came back from his death in jail.

I don't for a second think that you blindly follow. There is no authority to actually follow yet anyway.
But you will find the same lines in both religious and ME arguments...

"I know what I experienced and nothing you can say will change my mind"
"You're just scared of understanding the truth"
"When you feel it you will know"

I'm not saying you have said these things, but I've heard them many times. I gave up on the atheist discussions because they were fruitless and considered this to be a possible training ground yet found the exact same barriers.

I think because it is so heavily based on personal experience and interpretation. There's no point in telling someone who saw a ghost that it was just a reflection because they didn't interpret a reflection they interpreted a ghost.

Just like creationism, the Mandela Effect would be helped greatly by a falsifiable theory and a few practical applications.

Finally, the whole Lion and Lamb thing makes me laugh. They don't even share the same habitat. Saying the Koala lies with the Penguin makes as much sense. The bible verse we all remember makes no sense, the bible verse that we can see written does.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

If you're going to discuss this civilly, could you be nice to those of us who remember the English language the way it used to be and call yourself the affected rather than 'the effected? '

'Effected' is a rare word meaning 'caused a change of some kind to occur in something else'. Something or someone effected the Mandela Effect and you have been affected by it.

Thanks in advance.

edit on 11/5/17 by Astyanax because: I wished to effect a change in my post.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Not sure what happened with my reply there but someone in Australia was experiencing ME with Americans regarding Australia shifting in one of the original ME threads from several years back in the New Zealand out of place thread

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

And yet here you and so many others are, online, saying you believe it. Australians will say they believe in ME .. just none of them think Australia has moved.

Weird.

Doctors can believe in the ME. Just not that organs used to be in other locations.

Can't be faulty memory ....

Doubt many would speak up

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

No, I understand it perfectly, I simply have no clue what you are trying to say. ME's are only believed by people who are non-experts on subjects.

What is an expert on the subject?

Interestingly the sixth sense has always just been something people say they have. Feelings without proof of their existence. There are many things yet to discover about humans and about our environment. What if the People who experience the M. effect have some sense which has tied them all in some way to an alternate earth. Maybe their memory has been affected by a glimpse into another identical self on an alternate earth which was caused by something perhaps CERN perhaps some unknown effect on humans by particles coming from space or from the changing sun.

Researchers discover gene behind ‘sixth sense’ in humans

www.sciencemag.org...

In this podcast, lab science director Mike Adams explores explanations for the “Mandela Effect” that’s freaking people out everywhere…

talknetwork.com...

edit on 11-5-2017 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-5-2017 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

One has to wonder if small things are not changing all day around us. Yesterday I wore a patterned shirt, when I looked down it had a yellow stain in front about the size of a quarter and all day I kept noticing that stain. This morning I took the shirt to show the wife where the stain was and there is no stain. I even went to natural light and put it on to look down at it, no stain anywhere to be seen.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

If you're going to discuss this civilly, could you be nice to those of us who remember the English language the way it used to be and call yourself the affected rather than 'the effected? '

'Effected' is a rare word meaning 'caused a change of some kind to occur in something else'. Something or someone effected the Mandela Effect and you have been affected by it.

Thanks in advance.

The kind of great point made by People with zero point to make.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
One problem is if there is any truth to ME, a lot would be hidden in the minutia of many events people are just not remembering correctly, or misinterpreting. For example: Froot Loops and Depend. Constantly brought up, but those are likely just mistakes. Either the brain making the correct spelling for a word spelled wrongly, or something like the latter where people joke about Depend.. but call it depends because that's how everyone has just heard it, and probably rarely have actually seen the product in person to know how to correct spell it.

It's like UFOs - the ready availability of devices to capture every dot in the sky has led to an unprecedented number of sightings. The truth is probably closer to the # of valid sightings is probably constant, and the sheer volume of pictures of birds, balloons, whatever.. accounts for the increase. Once people catch onto ME, people are going "remember" more things differently, but most are probably just mistaken memory or a bad education (or not paying attention in class : p ).

The fun part is weeding out things that can have some proofs applied. Video interviews, older articles online, etc.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

The internet just recently came out? It's been out since the early 90's...

Jaden

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

wrong...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join