It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - A Civil Conversation Between Skeptics And Effected

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Huh? I never made that special rules. What is true for Australia is true everywhere. It applies everywhere.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

No, not missing the point. You are. If it happened as you suggest you would have Australians waking up to their continent in the wrong place.

You'd have surgeons walking in to patients with entirely wrong anatomies.

None of this happens. Because it's simply bad memories, and bad memory is not going to make a surgeon forget the location of every organ.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Huh? I never made that special rules. What is true for Australia is true everywhere. It applies everywhere.

Then no one with ME would be in this world. The whole point of ME is that people from other worlds/universes/dimensions come here.

ME can't exist with your special rule.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I understand your point about the wrong anatomies. Very likely that it's faulty memory. But (playing devil's advocate) if it indeed happened then that means the entire world has changed and some people noticed and some don't.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

My special rule? LMAO. You're funny.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

I am going to reply only to you...so let me start with my idea on your question. Why the anger?

Well I will answer this from three different perspectives....my personal perspective, my professional perspective, and what I will call the "business" perspective...I'll explain that in a moment

1. The personal perspective - I don't know...I honestly don't know. Maybe I will make enemies from the skeptic side but here I go. Let's pretend I wasn't trying to have a legit conversation with you. Which I am but for a moment let's say I was straight skeptic and just didn't believe at all. My question is this....

WHY DOES IT AFFECT ME WHAT ME BELIEVES!!! It doesn't...not even a single bit. Heck, let’s pretend for a moment that I could somehow PROVE that ME was false. STILL…it makes NO DIFFERENCE to my personal life if you still believed. Now I won’t pretend to speak for anyone but I have the same question. This won’t be a political talk but at least with politics, I can at least say that if some political difference would affect me, I might be mad. But even then I will attack back with points, statements, etc…or voting…not anger. But in the case of ME, none of this affects me one bit…so I don’t get it. The funny past is I am a man of science, philosophy, and even spirituality….so a bit of each. None of those three factors are exclusive of each other. But I will say that while I very much believe in the cognitive concept of shared faulty memory (being that I am a Jungian Analyst) I will ALSO say that I can’t be 100% sure that something like ME is just straight not possible. At the moment? Yes I am still on the skeptic side. But to me the skeptic…the real skeptic…the scientist….will ask questions and challenge him/herself and THEN come up with the current and most accurate answer.

The true genius knows that he knows nothing at all. Now I am no genius….like not even a bit so this wasn’t a humblebrag…but I at least know that my small brain knows some infinitesimally small amount of the grand universal knowledge.

2. The professional side – Here is where I might make some anger come up. I love science. I think science is amazing and its proofs (or close to proofs) have made life amazing through technology and chemistry and medicine. The only problem I have is that scientifically minded people can be aggressive and vehement against ANYTHING outside the currently accepted evidence. It’s mind numbing. I am on some unnamed Facebook pages where science rules and I love the OP posts. But then sometimes I see someone legitimately ask a question (not being rude) and it is followed by a chorus of venom from people who say “NO IT IS THIS WAY!” It feels like some level of cognitive dissonance called the Poor Investment. It’s akin to when you start a personal business and it falls hard but because you put so much into it already, you keep throwing money at it. Minds are very hard to change unfortunately and even more unfortunate is that a forum like this, while I LOVE IT, makes it even harder because let’s be honest…when debate starts, no matter the subject, ON ALL SIDES (no side is innocent), people become entrenched and more beholden to their idea. That is my best general guess

And outside people reading and steaming…remember…I never said I believe in ME….I am just saying what I see.

3. The business side - What I mean by the business side is not monetary, corporate, political..nothing. What I mean by the business side is a perspective of personal incorporation. People are biased. Period. Everyone is no matter how hard they fight with. One of the issues though is people have personal investments into personal lines of thinking. It can be scary to think and consider completely far out or different perspectives. So to challenge the self, even if in the end you found out you were right all along, is scary. Now some may fire back and say “blah blah I don’t have a problem challenging myself.” That’s fine. I am not here to pick a fight. I am here to challenge myself because it is the ONLY battle that matters. Because ultimately when I challenge myself I better myself and when I better myself I make myself more ready and able to help better the world.

That’s my best guess….and I could be 100% wrong

I’ll answer more later to the points you made

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Well yeah! the whole world is effected by some ME, but the ME where ignorant Americans think Australia moved doesn't effect anyone who grew up anywhere near that area ... even though some Americans think nearby Mexico and Brazil has moved too .. but no Mexicans or Brazilians were involved in that ME either ....

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

As I have stated few times some people notice it and some don't. So your "argument" doesn't end it. I know it's very likely that it's faulty memories but you need more "meat" in your argument with no flaws.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: whatsecret

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: whatsecret

No, I understand it perfectly, I simply have no clue what you are trying to say. ME's are only believed by people who are non-experts on subjects.

How can I become an expert on ME and how much does it cost?

Depends. If you grew up in Australia it would be free. Anatomy classes won't cost much either check your local college.

Definitely doing it. Mandela Effect Expert would look good on the resume, in my opinion.
Thanks!

Then later he will claim that the words on his diploma and resume have changed.

Do'est mine eyes deceiveth me? Or hast some knavish miscreant cast a deal with Satan himself? I rememb'r t spell'd "diplomba" but anon t's "diploma"???!!

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

pretty sure the arctic land mass comes and go's by the seasons..

i remember thinking sex and the city was sex in the city... however i also know that sex in the city sounds better and prob what they shoulda called it, so i think thats why i remembered it the way i did.
edit on 10-5-2017 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-5-2017 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

As I have stated few times some people notice it and some don't. So your "argument" doesn't end it. I know it's very likely that it's faulty memories but you need more "meat" in your argument with no flaws.

Then some in Brazil, Mexico, NZ, and Aussies would notice ... none do.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Keep working on your argument.
Hope it will get better at convincing people it's faulty memories.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
A lot to respond to without going into pages that will remain unread.

So, one thing that jumped out was Admiral Byrd. I have found his (alleged) accounts fascinating..one of the many things that brought me to ATS and absolutely know it was in the south pole (antarctica). even checked google maps for the things discussed (bad resolution and such). The rest of the artic stuff..the artic is never just a ocean..there is a giant ice sheet there that expands and contracts throughout the year..that is why there is no ice breaking routes through there..chipping away a thousand miles of ice as it freezes behind you. nonsense. we get stuck today skimming the south pole in expeditions

South America: I used to date a girl who lived in Brazil (Florida here) and her timezone is 1 hour ahead. you would get that only if she was more east than I was. if the "mandela" map was accurate, she would be roughly on the same region, therefore same time.

Did you figure in the fact that there is no daylight savings time in Brazil?
edit on 10/5/2017 by Brian4real because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Please describe how this picture proves anything at all.

Well, I thought it was obvious. These pictures illustrate people mimicking the pose.

In some cases they're posing right next to the statue.. Wouldn't the photographer say something?

That's digression though - this post is about civil conversation, and the examples given are for illustration - but you asked so I'm responding.

You're quick to correct me - wouldn't they of been corrected by the photographer or teacher (art class)?

...just folks "doing it wrong" I'm sure lol

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Same with flat earthers .. proof can't prove anything to belief.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Apparently not since they were not corrected despite being next to the statue.

Or are you suggesting the statue magically changed in the picture later but not the people posing? That makes no sense. If the picture was taken in the new timeline before the person merged with it then their selves would have at that time not have the same memories, and to the version of themselves who took that picture it would have appeared the same as it does in the current picture.

So the only explanation is no one corrected them.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Same with flat earthers .. proof can't prove anything to belief.

To be honest I think most of them are trolls.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Then some in Brazil, Mexico, NZ, and Aussies would notice ... none do.

For now. Give it some time or not. You already made up your mind and dismiss it as fiction so how are we supposed to convince you that it could be a real phenomenon? Only the affected know what really happened but nobody believes them anyway. I want to hear if more members of ATS are affected rather than discussing if it's real or not.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Show examples where it can't be faulty memory. So far, in the attempt, prime examples that 100% look like faulty memory are being used.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Never underestimate the depth of human stupidity.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join