It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Genes, Religous implications ?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by deesw
I do think for myself. That is why I'm on here debating this disgusting vile subject with a bunch of immoral ingrates and sexual deviants.

I don't think debating is the right word.
If you would be debating you would reply to points mentioned by others in a normal way, you would try to listen to others and make an attempt to understand why someone else is saying what they are saying.
You're not debating, you're just displaying your ignorance in a pretty insulting way.

Know that you're fortunately one of the very few christians that is so narrow minded and ignorant.

Best of all, I never even said gay sex is right.
I don't know wether God approves of it or not, and while I don't know an answer my advise to gay christians would be to find the answers themselves by talking to God.

I do know that God loves everyone equally, gay or not. I also know gay people did nothing to deserve being born gay. And I also know God is more forgiving than any human on earth can be.

That's why I can tell people struggling with this problem, that no matter what happens, everything will be fine.
God knows how you work, he created you and he understand why you make the right choices and the wrong choices.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Deesw, I have taken the time to read the posts since i last posted on page 2, and would like you to take a step back and actually look at some of the links that were posted to you. Try to be objective and not think through your religion for one moment. Your posts really put Christianity in the worst possible light, and are full of contradictions as i know have already been pointed out. The fact is if you were given unquestionable evidence on Gay being a genetic thing, you would still argue that the research is rubbish and God hates it. With this mentality why on earth are you posting here other than trying to troll the thread? Go to the religious section instead and start a thread on it.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I see by the a quote above you consider us a bunch of "immoral ingrates and sexual deviates" you are so very self righteous. I bet you are the one that makes your Christian Satan smile and your god shake his head ashamed of you...you are so quick to to judge others, call them names and act as if you are sinless....and we know you are not, but you sure like to point out other's sin. people like you are why the younger generation is leaving Christianity and looking elsewhere.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 07:06 AM
link   

I see by the a quote above you consider us a bunch of "immoral ingrates and sexual deviates" you are so very self righteous. I bet you are the one that makes your Christian Satan smile and your god shake his head ashamed of you...you are so quick to to judge others, call them names and act as if you are sinless....and we know you are not, but you sure like to point out other's sin. people like you are why the younger generation is leaving Christianity and looking elsewhere.

I thought you were ignoring me? I am a sinner, I know that. I am just informing those on here that do not believe they are sinning. I will not step back from my faith and accept anything. Actually today's youth are accepting Christ by leaps and bounds. That's why you people keep trying to take God out of our schools.
How can you know I'm not sinless and yet think you are?

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 07:07 AM
link   
AMUK,,,,,,, oh AMUK,,,,,
Please explain to me why I got the second warning. I called noone a name, and said nothing wrong. Explain it to me.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   

AMUK,,,,,,, oh AMUK,,,,,
Please explain to me why I got the second warning. I called noone a name, and said nothing wrong. Explain it to me.

What is this?

. That is why I'm on here debating this disgusting vile subject with a bunch of immoral ingrates and sexual deviants.

This was after a posting of mine telling everyone to stop namecalling.

If you wish to discuss it futher U2U me

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I am a sinner, I know that. I am just informing those on here that do not believe they are sinning.

Just informing?
Dude you can't inform people, if you have not thought the subject through enough to have a solid opinion about it.
You don't have a solid opinion, you can't even make a normal reply to the proof I present to you.
You're not really informing anyone.

I will not step back from my faith and accept anything.

Noone asks you to step back from your faith. Read the bible one more time, and I do not just mean the parts about gay sex, and then explain to me once again why a gay person (not a homosexual person) is wrong.
Once you realize that being gay is a state some are born in, you may understand what my point is.

Actually today's youth are accepting Christ by leaps and bounds.

Not sure what cave you're from, but that's just not true. Especially not with people like you around.

That's why you people keep trying to take God out of our schools.
How can you know I'm not sinless and yet think you are?

LadyV never said she was sinless. She tried to point out that she does a pretty good job keeping herself to the christian rules and values, unlike you.

The problem is not that you think gay sex is wrong. The problem is the way you bring your mind to text. You don't seem to want to treat gay people with the love and understanding they need, after being born gay in a gay-unfriendly world like ours.

I do not think, after reading your posts, that you attempted to let Jesus be your example. I know that's a very mean thing to say, and I will be the first to tell you I am far from perfect. But still it may help you just to read the parts about Jesus one more time and think about your behavior.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Seem's like Homosexuality has become a big topic lately. We get hit with it everyday in dicussions within our public schools, we hear about it in the news, see it on television programs, radio stations, and on our internet sites. With so much coverage on such a frivilous topic, there seems to be so much heat on the whole thing. Granted everybody has theyre own opinions on the subject, but I think if anything, we as a whole need to step back and reflect on our own actions, and have some tolerance about the subject. That doesn't mean you have to except their ways, or adapt your personal beliefs that you truly believe for tolerance. It simply means you should learn to tolerate them. Everybody, whether African American, Caucasian, heterosexual, homosexual, 10 years old or 60 years old, deserves respect. After all, we're all humans, and we all have our share of problems, strifes, and painful moments within our lives.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   

and then explain to me once again why a gay person (not a homosexual person) is wrong.

jakko, read Leviticus chapter 20, and Romans chapter 1 and that will explain why homosexuality is wrong. Then argue with God about it.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   

seem to want to treat gay people with the love and understanding they need, after being born gay in a gay-unfriendly world like ours.

I haven't treated anyone without Love. You think me telling someone that the Bible says that their lifestyle is wrong is me being hateful and biggotous.
Leviticus 20:13//// " If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestible. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads. "

That is old testament law. After Christ came and brought forgiveness with him, the sin could be forgiven and forgotten by God, however it is still a sin. Here is New Testament Law

Romans 1:26-27//// " Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their womenexchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion. "

That's why I believe that homosexuality is wrong, because the Bible ( ehich is the holy unchanging word of God ) says it is wrong.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   

After all, we're all humans, and we all have our share of problems, strifes, and painful moments within our lives.

I agree with you fully, but the ones one here seem not to want tolerance, rather they want for the world to accept what they do as right and just. The world will just not do that. I have explained over and over on here that I can love you and not like you. God never commanded me to like you, or accept your lifestyle. He commanded me to love you. When you love your children do you not tell them when they are doing wrong? You tell them because you love them.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
The problem here...is that it is your Gods place to judge and condemn and no one else's, certainly not yours....for someone to dislike someone strictly because of sexual preference is absurd and ridiculous...I don't think a God would want people doing this in his name...as I have said before....some Christians use the bible as justification for hate/dislike...of other religions, sexual preference, etc...it's totally ridiculous! Some here have called me evil, when I actually practice Christian laws better than they do, called me a freak, think I am homosexual because I can see both sides of something....it's mind blowing!

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   

The problem here...is that it is your Gods place to judge and condemn and no one else's, certainly not yours....for someone to dislike someone strictly because of sexual preference is absurd and ridiculous...I don't think a God would want people doing this in his name...as I have said before....some Christians use the bible as justification for hate/dislike...of other religions, sexual preference, etc...it's totally ridiculous! Some here have called me evil, when I actually practice Christian laws better than they do, called me a freak, think I am homosexual because I can see both sides of something....it's mind blowing!

There you go again. I thought you were ignoring me. I have said over and over ladyv, I am not judging anyone, I am informing what the Bible says. And again, I don't have to like you or accept you. I just have to love you. Why is that so hard for you to understand? I don't have to like anything about you. I would not harm you unless in defense of my family, I can get along with you despite the fact that we do not see eye to eye. You just seem to despise me because I stand against someone. Read what I quoted from the Bible a few posts back. Practicing Christian principles does not get you into heaven. Even if they could, you can't pick and choose what you wish to believe is true in the Bible. If any part is false, then it could all be false. It is all true, the infalible word of God.
I love you ladyv, even though we argue and do not see eye to eye. I'm not sure if I like you or not, but I probably could. I do not accept your lifestyle though. That's cool though,,,, you do not have to accept mine either.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I do not accept your lifestyle though.

WHAT!? My "life style"!? I work 40 hours a week. My 7 year old granddaughter lives with me. I sing in a band. I don't party "at all" ever! When playing out, I go outside during breaks between sets to get away from the drinking and smoke...I'm an extremely honest person...to a fault people tell me.....I love animals, old people and children, though animals and children are my favorites. I am married, do not believe in cheating.....we go no where without the other one. I live my faith...."An It Harm None" WTH are you talking about "my lifestyle"?

Yes, I had you on ignore and took you off after cooling down......down I'm back down to two...

EDIT: For fairness...I Thought I should list some of my down side. I'm insecure about my looks, can be bossy (NO..not me!?
) Stubborn, opinionated
I have no patience with "slowness" and tend to think people are stupid...I'm working really hard on this as I know that one can't go beyond what they have and I'm trying to be more understanding with those that have no common sense...usually about animals sense I see it on a daily basis, and I have a tremendous temper when it blows.....everyone clears the way. Oh yeah....and I cuss, not the big ones...but all the others...LOL

[edit on 2/11/2005 by LadyV]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I'm sorry ladyv,,, I was referring to the lifestyle you are defending on this thread. I'm not insinuating you indulge in that lifestyle. Did you not pay any attention to anything else I just wrote?

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
deesw, you are a troll and i would ask anyone with any sense to read back through this guys posts and see how he is just re-iterating a pointless point to prevent this topic evolving.

EDIT
you mention you love... I can't imagine someone like you who cannot tolerate people can truely love them. Your quoting of the bible to illustrate for the one millionth time that god condemns homosexuality is pointless, its another debate, its not really part of this discussion. Just thought i should mention

[edit on 11-2-2005 by paranoia]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   

deesw, you are a troll

Amuk,,,,,Amuk where ya at?

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   

you mention you love, yet don't like. I can't imagine someone like you who cannot tolerate people can truely love them. Your quoting of the bible to illustrate for the one millionth time that god condemns homosexuality is pointless, its another debate, its not really part of this discussion. Just thought i should mention

\

You obviously are not a parent. Children do things all the time that are wrong, does that mean we stop loving them? No we still love them but dislike the things they do. Why is this such a hard idea for you to swollow? Actually the Bible and God have everything to do with this discussion. You debate that homosexuality is genetic or biological, I debate that God would not make a person homosexual, it is a choice. Plain and simple. Quite trying to make excuses for peoples sins.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   

You obviously are not a parent. Children do things all the time that are wrong, does that mean we stop loving them? No we still love them but dislike the things they do. Why is this such a hard idea for you to swollow? Actually the Bible and God have everything to do with this discussion. You debate that homosexuality is genetic or biological, I debate that God would not make a person homosexual, it is a choice. Plain and simple. Quite trying to make excuses for peoples sins.

Quit avoiding the discussion. If you want to troll there are other boards out there worthy of your presence, if you want to read the articles and research about actual science and information out there then "praise the lord!" - go for it!

[edit on 11-2-2005 by paranoia]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Quit avoiding the discussion. If you want to troll there are other boards out there worthy of your presence, if you want to read the articles and research about actual science and information out there then "praise the lord!" - go for it!

Oh alright dude,,,, my opinion of the article originally posted on this thread is that it means nothing. A piece of dna may or may not make a man more prone to be gay? Dude please. The research they did proved nothing. Sounds like a homosexual trying his darndest to justify his decisions in life by claiming results of an unscientific study that is at best a game of guessology by him. How do you figure that anything from that research proves anything. Let's see,,,,,,,,,
HHHHHMMMMM I feel like murdering someone, perhaps there is a gene that will explain away my crime and make me not pay for my actions..... Sounds great.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join