It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Genes, Religous implications ?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   

So, its a board designed for people to debate, and have theyre own opinions, but if they dont agree with you, they can post an opinion contray to what you believe? Thats kindof egotystical isnt it? Ignoring those who have an opinion different then yours?

Do what?

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by deesw

"immoral ingrates and sexual deviates

those are far less than the things you claim you don't see that I got called.

I tire of this, where were you called a bastard or a retard? show me and I will take care of it otherwise use the complaint feature and quit whining.

BTW there is a one-liner penalty and this thread shows why its needed.

Just a heads up

[edit on 12-2-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
It seems to me that homosexuality is very big issue in the U.S. I may be wrong, but I think a majority of the western world is becoming a lot more open minded and far less judgmental.

As a gay man, I think I'm probably more aware of the current attitude in society than that those leading a heterosexual lifestyle. In the UK we have openly gay politicians, celebrities, priests, teachers.... the list goes on.

I find it very hard to understand how those who follow a religion can be so discriminatory. Surely religion is a choice - I have never in my life found my sexuality to be a choice.... to deny my sexuality would be very difficult for me to do - and I don't see how or why I should.

The gay gene may well be discovered one day - I'm a little scared that it could lead to the abortion of many brilliant people though, on the basis of their potential sexuality. For that reason I hope it isn't found.

Remember - there are always groups of people to pick on - it's not long ago that single mothers, young mothers, divorcees and mixed race families were shunned and looked down upon.

The views of society are not fixed and never will be.... with time people change their attitudes.... the next generation will probably have another minority to pick on or worry over. However, I've never felt ashamed or ridiculed.... In fact I've probably seen more followers of religion come under fire for their opinions than I have for mine.

As for what religious implications there are - I guess it's more the problem of the chuch than mine. I've always held very atheist views - I'd rather proof than believe.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Edit button, please use it.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I have found that there are Lesbians only because there is not enough of me to go around.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Gays are creature of god, gays have been around all the time in history and gays are people like you and me.
For christians who beleive in jesus, would jesus ignore a gay? would you see jesus turn his back on a gay person who is a loving person?
Makes no sens!
we have to respect every creature that god made. Gays have someting to learn in a gay body, that is part of the experience of their life....

Religious beleifs are about love, not about hate and intolerance!

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
doesn't "christian" imply following the teachings of christ? hmmm...seems to me that all through my christian upbringing i was taught that christ loved everyone and didn't judge them as it is god's place to judge....not humans'. if you say you are a christian then follow christ's teachings...otherwise why not just say you follow the rules of the old testament(the laws before jesus came to clear things up)

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   

i was taught that christ loved everyone and didn't judge them as it is god's place to judge....not humans'. if you say you are a christian then follow christ's teachings...otherwise why not just say you follow the rules of the old testament(the laws before jesus came to clear things up)

I think that we have already covered that topic psycho. Noone seems to get the fact that Jesus did not teach tolerance and acceptance. Jesus tought love. He commanded that I love my neighbor as myself. He never tought that I like or accept my neighbors lifestyle. Jesus clearly said hate not the sinner, yet hate the sin. Get your facts straight.
Given the fact that Jesus said hate not the sinner yet the sin, and he commanded I love my neighbor, but I don't have to like you, as well as the Bible's stand against homosexuality, I conclude that I will always believe that homosexuality is wrong and clearly not genetic or biological but rather a personal choice. You do not have to agree or like it.
Remember,,,, you can love someone deeply and sincerely that you do not like, you can like someone passionately that you do not love. This means I can love you despite the fact that I think your lifestyle is wrong.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
even if u think that lifestyle is wrong...what gives any person a right to condemn someone? to say they ARE going to hell? i thought that was god's job? my point is taken obviously...jesus DID NOT preach vocalizong hate or vocalizong personal condeming of sinners. but yet....many christians vocalize,with great hate,their dislike of homosexuals(by the way i am married with children to a man...i am female of course),by trying to ban homosexual teachers and ban homosexuals from the church. to me that is wrong. if you love and believe in god then there is NO reasom for an individual to take god's laws into his own hands and try to dole out punishment. to me that is going to far. to me..prying into someones sexual life(god forbid someone seeing what goes an in my and my husbands bedroom) is abhorrent. it isn't anyone's place to call someone a bad person because they engage in so-called deviant homosexuality. unless a person is molesting children or raping what business is it of ours as to what they do privately?! none. if it isn't hurting an innocent,or hurting the masses,then why the big to-do? plus...not everyone in the US is a christian. so why should non-christians be forced to abide by the bibile? what sense does that make?

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   

what business is it of ours as to what they do privately?! none. if it isn't hurting an innocent,or hurting the masses,then why the big to-do? plus...not everyone in the US is a christian. so why should non-christians be forced to abide by the bibile? what sense does that make?

You are absolutely right. It is none of my business what people do in the privacy of their own homes. The problem is that homosexuals are not content with keeping it in the privacy of their own homes.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 03:53 AM
link   
The bottom line is ths.
Homosexuality as it pertains to christianity is a sin
Its not a sin because I said so. It is a sin because the Bible says so.
You can choose whether or not you follow the teachings of christ that is your choice, a choice I might add which my God gave you.
However you can not argue whether or not homosexuality is sin.
Whether it s biological or psychological, innate or a choice is open for discussion. Whether or not it is a sin according to the christian faith is not.
When I say that homosexuality is a sin I am stating a fact. It is.
So is adultry, theft, worship of pagan gods, lieing,etc.
I am no more sinless than anyone else, I am a sinner.
I have no right to pass judgement on other sinners. I do however have the obligation to recognise sin as such.
If you shoplift I recognise it as a sin.
If you Murder I recognise it as a sin.
If you are homosexual I recognise it as a sin.
Call me a bigot if it makes you feel better I don't care. I have been called worse.
Jakko the simple fact is if the word of God as transcribed in the bible is not good enough for you then you are not a christian. You may claim you are. But a christian is not defined by his words but by his beliefs and the way he incorporates those beliefs into his own life.
I do not hate gays, I hope and pray that they will reject thier sinful lifestyle and open ther hearts to Jesus.
I do not hate Muslims, I believe they were mislead into worshipping a false religon by agents of satan and I hope and pray they will reject thier false religon and open thier hearts and souls to Christ.
This is not hate, this is love. When you love someone you hope and pray they will do what is right so that you may both spend eternity in gods presence.
However though I love all manknd as well as I am able I do not accept all of mankinds practises and beliefs.
I do not accept, support, or approve of Homosexuality. I do not now nor will I ever.
And if you dont like that Too #ing bad.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 04:51 AM
link   
My God is more powerful than your God, mwm1331

You are the spawn of a small minded, limited puny God.

You should be embarassed that you are aligned with something so little and petty.

My God is infinite Power and light. It is life. It is the essence of Truth, Beauty and Virtue.

Not the dead god of words and restrictions but the God of breath and energy.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank
My God is more powerful than your God, mwm1331

You are the spawn of a small minded, limited puny God.

You should be embarassed that you are aligned with something so little and petty.

My God is infinite Power and light. It is life. It is the essence of Truth, Beauty and Virtue.

Not the dead god of words and restrictions but the God of breath and energy.

Hey whatever floats your boat slank.
I could really care less what your opinion of God is. It has no bearing on my understanding or acceptance of the truth. Rember slank God loves you and wll forgve you if you ask, because even if you don't believe in Him, He believes in you.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   
The teachings of Christ are clear enough, even for you dees.
What's most important, is that we do not judge eachother, but love even our enemies, like we love ourself. You seem to enjoy the judging part more though.

The final thing to realize is that our God does not only speak to us through the bible, our God is alive. He speaks to us right now.
Many christians have made the mistake of not listening to God, by binding everything and everyone to the way they see the text in the bible.
Fortunately my religion is not such a static one.

Also, deesw, if you don't even know what "being gay" is, and you don't WANT to know either, why even open your mouth?
The discussion with you seems fairly moot to me.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
The bottom line is ths.

So why are you posting on this thread other than to troll?

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by paranoia

The bottom line is ths.

So why are you posting on this thread other than to troll?

uhh I dont know.... maybe becuase the title of the thread is "gay genes, religous implications"?

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   

uhh I dont know.... maybe becuase the title of the thread is "gay genes, religous implications"?

But you have already admitted that your mind is well and truely closed when it comes to any scientific evidence pointing either way, so surely there would be no implications in your world? Or have i missed a vital point? Anyway, back on subject...

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Because you are missing the point.
Despit the fact that there is no hard or conclusive evidence for the born gay theory, it would not change a thing as far as religon is concerned. I was born with the desre to sleep with as many women as possble so as to facilitate the spreading of my genes. It is an innate inborn desire, yet I do not act on it. I do not act on it becuase to do so would be a violaton of gods laws.
Even if the born gay theory were true there would be no religous implications

[edit on 14-2-2005 by mwm1331]

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
If a murderer kills people then says hes sorry, then kills again, then says he sorry, then kills again... You people actually think Jesus would just continue to accept his apologies over and over?

The sin is whats wrong. The sinner can be saved, if the sinner will not repent, the sinner doesn't get to demand acceptance of the sin, and no amount of popularity of the sin will justify the sinner.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
If he says hes sorry but does it again kinja he has neither repented nor asked for forgiveness.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join