It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Genes, Religous implications ?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Then tell me amelia, why do you allow my sig's to offens you?

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
Then tell me amelia, why do you allow my sig's to offens you?

Because it's kinda fascist.....
American people are chosen by god and all, muslims are the devil.....I can hear hitler saying the same thing back in wwII about white germans and the jews....it scares me to know that people hate, I'm such a loving person for every creature of god....if you hate that much, you need to open your heart

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Well to begin with I dont hate anyone. I simply feel that for varous reasons, not the least of which is that americans are the rest of the world, Americans are better than any other natonality.
However even if it was hate, why would you allow my feelings, beliefs, shortcommings to offend you?

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
they experimented with this before and found that 50% of gay men exibited "they gay gene code" and 50% 'learned' the behavior. they would have to run that experiment again, this time with the persons entire dns sequence rather than just the one chromosome.

i believe that a 'gay gene' can never proven to be present in all gays becasue after all it boils down to a matter of personal choice. look at gg allin. that cat did things a normal human would never think of just to piss off society. there will always be people who choose homosexuality for reasons like that, being gay is just less extreme than being gg allin.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   

the rest of the world, Americans are better than any other natonality.
However even if it was hate, why would you allow my feelings, beliefs, shortcommings to offend you?

Because I AM NOT AMERICAN, I have nothing against americans, I think that we are all equal, so you tell me you are better than me!!!!!!! because you are american!
To know that you are not the only one thinking like that, it hurts! It hurts to see where the world is going, that no one cares about others situation, that everything is about power and religions...
Why can't people listen to their heart instead of their brain? I feel negative energies around yourself, you are not an happy person, and yes, that hurts me to see that you like to hurt others feelings like me because you are unhappy....why don't you find love? Why do you hate? I'm just sad for you...

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amelia

the rest of the world, Americans are better than any other natonality.

Because I AM NOT AMERICAN, I have nothing against americans, I think that we are all equal, so you tell me you are better than me!!!!!!! because you are american!
To know that you are not the only one thinking like that, it hurts! It hurts to see where the world is going, that no one cares about others situation, that everything is about power and religions...
Why can't people listen to their heart instead of their brain? I feel negative energies around yourself, you are not an happy person, and yes, that hurts me to see that you like to hurt others feelings like me because you are unhappy....why don't you find love? Why do you hate? I'm just sad for you...

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thats just the point amelia I don't hate. I am sorry you are not an american but you can change that if you wish, we are after all a nation of immigrants. nd if you truly believe that we are all equal then you must also believe that I am wrong. If you truly believe that I am wrong why would that offend you?
You see what you fail to admit amelia is that you are the reason my comments "hurt" you, not me. You chose to be hurt by my words. As for the "negative energies" perhaps you need to recalibrate your "energy detector" I am a very happy person and do not want, nor do I like to hurt others. I do however recognise that whether others are hurt by my words is thier choice not mine. You see amelia it would be easy for me to say "your'e right amelia I hurt you and I am sorry", I will not do so however for two reasons.
1) I would be robbing you of your right to determine for yourself whether or not to be hurt by my words.
2) I would be hurting you by enabling you to shift responsibilty for your own emotions and emotional state unto me.

The simple fact is Amelia I can not control whteher my words offend others only they can. So stop saying that I "hurt" you and take responsibilty for your own emotions.
Admit that my words "hurt" you because you chose to be "hurt"

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
So now discussion has turned to what is to be considered offensive and what is not?

Being an American myself, I take offense at your signature mwm....but I don't deny you the right to use it....That's that

To address the topic, I think the real question is, do you believe in the evidence presented by biological psychology? Either you do or you don't...or you have no idea what biological psychology offers to this topic...in which case your opinion is null and void b/c you've yet to consider all sides of the argument....

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Enron, I have at best only a passing familiarity with biological psychology and could not honestly say what evidence it has presented. I do however know that what we think and believe has more influence on our physical bodies than vice versa.
More importantly what evidence do you believe biological psychology has presented that is relevant to this discussion?

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   
When I see someone on ATS with a sig that has "(insert race/nation here) is better than the rest" in it, I tend to take this person less serious.
People who talk like that are really unintelligent and ignorant.

Maybe that's an insult to you, but when I see your reply to the diet-pill research I can't conclude anything else either.

So now you quickly made your own little theory about that humans really choose themselves, who they want to be attracted to.
I wonder what this theory is based on.
Your own ignorance probably, and your twisted understanding of the bible?

Anyways, I hope you'll be making more sense some day, this is just sad.

[edit on 15-2-2005 by Jakko]

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I do however know that what we think and believe has more influence on our physical bodies than vice versa.

True...Perhaps some of the information below will confirm that belief further....

More importantly what evidence do you believe biological psychology has presented that is relevant to this discussion?

Biological psychology is basically what has made up the scientifc portion of understanding this sexuality "battle" - Attempting to explain how the brain interacts with our decisions...

Although not all investigators agree that it arises from a cognitive attribution process, there is now extensive experimental evidence that an individual who has been physiologically aroused will show heightened sexual responsiveness to an appropriate target person. In one set of studies, male participants were physiologically aroused by running in place, by hearing an audio tape of a comedy routine, or by hearing an audio tape of a grisly killing (White, Fishbein, & Rutstein, 1981). No matter how they had been aroused, these men reported more erotic interest in a physically attractive woman than did men who had not been aroused. This effect has also been observed physiologically. In two studies, preexposure to a disturbing (nonsexual) videotape subsequently produced greater penile tumescence in men and greater vaginal blood volume increases in women when they watched an erotic videotape than did preexposure to a non-disturbing videotape (Hoon, Wincze, & Hoon, 1977; Wolchik et al., 1980).

Source: Exotic Becomes Erotic: Interpreting the Biological Correlates of Sexual Orientation - Daryl J. Bem, Cornell University

Check out figure 2 on that page as well....Interesting information....

And for those who claim that homosexuality is nothing more than a "mental disorder," here's an interesting way to refute that arguement:

It seems remarkably inconsistent to classify cross-gender identity as pathological because it is rarer than homosexuality and not apply the same argument to homosexuality versus heterosexuality, or left-handedness versus right-handedness. Moreover, defining deviance as disease has two fundamental problems (Ullmann, 1975). First, some unusual conditions are very desirable, such as very high intelligence. Second, a statistical definition equates mental health with conformity, discounting the historical contributions of nonconformists and the social dangers of overconformity.

Source: The Disparate Classification of Gender and Sexual Orientation in American Psychiatry - Katherine K. Wilson, Gender Identity Center of Colorado, Inc.

I find this all very fascinating....I had a course on Biological Psychology and much of our time in class was spent on this very subject - It was one of the most vocal and controversial topics we discussed....Who the hell's gonna argue and get pissed off when the prof is discussing neural pathways and such....

My opinion aside, I view this information with an understanding of the research put into formulating these hypotheses....None of this information can be taken as "gospel"....but it suits me better than the Gospel I’ve heard....

[edit on 2/15/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
No I dont consider it an insult. Its your opinon and I am both secure enough and smart enough to know your opinion of me has no relation to the reality of me.
My theory is based on the fact that I know the human mind is responsible for the emotuional condtion and responses of each human.
You are in control of your emotions.
you are in control of your responses.
You are in control of your sexuality.

Saying "I was born gay" is nothng more than an attempt to evade responsibility for your own sexuality. Just as saying " you offended me" is an attempt to lay blame for your emotional response on me."
In both cases you make a choice as to how to respond to others, and in both cases your response is your responsibility.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I suppose having depression, BPD, OCD, ADD, ADHD. Is all a choice then too right? It's ok NOW I understand what you all really think, you think gays and all mental disorder are conspiracies of the government right? Of course they are, everything about you is obviously your own choice, the brain doesn't even HAVE chemicals, darn those scientists and their lies! They're all in it together!

Now here's a general reply to most of the stuff I have read, and some stuff you just need to know.

To the intellectualy impotent person who declares that if you show them a 3 year old being gay, they will say "ok there is a gay gene". How about the fact, that when I was five I used to touch myself while thinking about men and women, and am now Bisexual? I've always found men and women attractive since I was a little boy, so what propaganda do you have to spray now? I'm sure you'll come up with something, your type always does.

I suppose I can't expect so much out of everyone, because after all you are all human right? Whatever, here's something that you can choose, to either be ignorant or become intellectualy enlightend. Did you know a scientific study has shown, that your sexuality is determined by a special hormone that layers over the fetus in the womb? Of course I'm sure you will find some way to name this a crock of crap as well. In the event that you do here's some more for you.

Gays, Lesbians, and Bisexuals do no harm to anyone here. I know I know, they do to harm people because they're the "decline" or "moral society" right? They teach people it's ok to be gay, oh no they teach tolerance I can't believe those evil demons. Oh no, they completely stop children from being born. Not that there aren't an overflow of parentless children out there and a shortage of world resources to begin with, but no we need to create more instead of adopting the orphans. There are BILLIONS of people on this world, it is not neccessary to create more. Go to any third world country, Angola, Ethiopia, etc, and you'll see plenty of starving families because their country does not have enough resources. How about the moleques(Poor orphaned kids that live on the streets) in Brazil? Yeah, whatever right? I am obviously being brainwashed by the NWO, because our planets resources aren't running short, and there's no such thing as starving people.

The truth is that, all anti-gays are the decline of moral humanity. I'm sure that you anti-gays get upset when you see a woman dominating a relationship too right? It's completely immoral for women to step out of her role as a food/beer bringer, and baby machine eh? There goes my conspiracy alarm again, what it's telling me now is that The Man owns you people's minds, sorry for your luck. Welcome to the machine, as Pink Floyd once sung.

Pop Quiz! If sex is a "gift" to only man and woman, why is it a man's "g-spot" is in his anus? Definatly not for penis-anus pleasure that's for sure. Oh wait I know why, your "God" created it for temptation and as a test, to make sure we aren't gay. Wait though, what about the ones that don't believe in God? Well obviously they believe it's just genetic devoloution right? They obviously didn't have one before humans started to become gay.

I also guess it was ok to kill off most of my American Indian ancestors, in the name of "Freedom" and "Liberty", especially since they were godless heathens correct? Black people were obviously meant to be slaves too, because no Christian saw it as wrong, because god made their animals for our use. Holocaust was obviously right, because Hitler was all about doing God's work, because those Jews are blasphemous and killed our lord they deserved to die.

I know I know, you're going to deny you believe any of these things, because you're not racist or a religious opressionist right? Yet you're anti-gay, because gays are just selfish sinners, and have no place in our society. God gave them a temptation to overcome, and they just can't do it, they should burn. How about I give you an application to join up with the NWO right now?

Face it, your arguements hold about as much water as a wooden bucket full of holes. (o; `,

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   

By the way I am STILL waiting for you to show me where people are calling you a Bastard and a retard as you have claimed several times

Dude, leave me alone. I lied about nothing. You however, it's awefully convenient that you don't have a problem with things said to me, you conveniently become blind. Just leave me alone.
Oh, by the way, I said quit running your mouth, not shut up. Big difference.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   

To the intellectualy impotent person who declares that if you show them a 3 year old being gay, they will say "ok there is a gay gene".

Where ya at amuk? Here is yet another example of slandering that you seem to miss.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by deesw

To the intellectualy impotent person who declares that if you show them a 3 year old being gay, they will say "ok there is a gay gene".

Where ya at amuk? Here is yet another example of slandering that you seem to miss.

You want me to leave you alone but also want me to rush to your deffence everytime someone says something you dont like?

An Intellectualy Impotent person is a long way from

Originally posted by deesw
I have been called a biggot so many times it's not funny, an arrogant jackass, a troll, a bastard, an asshole, an idiot, retarded. None of which has been addressed.

which is what you CLAIM you are being called but refuse to show ONE example. (besides a troll, which is a type of poster and a bigot which I think speaks for itself)

I will be happy to deal with these, ........

a bastard, an asshole, an idiot, retarded. None of which has been addressed.

unless of course they never happened and you have made them up

Unless you show me where THOSE attacks were then I will not answer anymore posts on the subject

Feel free to use the complaint feature

[edit on 15-2-2005 by Amuk]

IBM

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amelia

Originally posted by IBM
There is simply no evidence to back up your story.

Gays are people like anybody else, you'll see that in your next incarnation....

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Provide me with hard evidence that an infant is born gay. If not, you have nothing.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by IBM

Provide me with hard evidence that an infant is born gay. If not, you have nothing.

!
Right back at ya,
Provide me with hard evidence that an a homosexual isn't born gay. If not, you have nothing. Sheeeesh....you had to see that coming, at least you'd think one would.

[edit on 2/15/2005 by LadyV]

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by IBM

Um... Besides those who ARE actually gay themselves, I don't think you, or anybody in this thread has anything at all.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Has anyone here considered the idea that maybe some people are biologically gay, and others are gay by 'choice?' Choice, in this context, doesn't mean they are choosing a life of ridicule and exclusion, rather choice refers to some series of events has instigated a 'change' or 'awakening,' in short an environmental 'cause.'

My cousin Damon is... or I guess was is more appropriate, most likely biologically gay. From the time he was little, this was plainly obvious. If you asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up, he said he wanted to be "a Mommy." Most probably his gay feelings were biological... as neither of his brothers is gay.

However, I am not convinced that ALL homosexual tendencies are biological, and I'm not convinced that ANY complex behaviors are genetic.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Saying "I was born gay" is nothng more than an attempt to evade responsibility for your own sexuality.

Ah, and saying "I was born black" is nothing more than an attempt to evade responsability for your skincolor?
I don't think you realize how ridiculous you sound.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join