It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Genes, Religous implications ?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by deesw
Oh alright dude,,,, my opinion of the article originally posted on this thread is that it means nothing. A piece of dna may or may not make a man more prone to be gay? Dude please. The research they did proved nothing. Sounds like a homosexual trying his darndest to justify his decisions in life by claiming results of an unscientific study that is at best a game of guessology by him. How do you figure that anything from that research proves anything. Let's see,,,,,,,,,
HHHHHMMMMM I feel like murdering someone, perhaps there is a gene that will explain away my crime and make me not pay for my actions..... Sounds great.

I didn't learn any counter-argument from that response other than your poor use of comma's in place of full-stops. To this conversation with you i put a great big FULL-STOP.

[edit on 11-2-2005 by paranoia]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Paranoia,,, you sound like an attorney. There is always a logical explanation for a persons actions, and that explanation never has anything to do with the person is just guilty of a crime. When your children act up, they can't just be bad kids for a bit,,,,, noooooo,,, they must have ADHD, or terets, or cronic depression. A mother kills her five children,, was she a murderer,,,, noooooooo,,,, she had post partem depression,,,,, that makes it not her fault. Two grown men kill their parents in cold blood and got tons in insurance. Were they murderers? Noooooooo,,,, their parents neglected and abused them, so they could not help their actions. I will admit that all of these conditions are hard things to deal with, but like homosexuality, it all boils down to a choice. If you can't handle my opinion PARANOIA, then don't post anymore. I'm tired of your whining and crying " VICTIM " !

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I didn't learn any counter-argument from that response other than your poor use of comma's in place of full-stops. To this conversation with you i put a great big FULL-STOP.

You are getting desparate for an arguement. You have resorted to whining about my grammar? This is really pissing you off isn't it? Whatever dude. I see where your screen name comes from.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Paranoia,,, you sound like an attorney. There is always a logical explanation for a persons actions, and that explanation never has anything to do with the person is just guilty of a crime. When your children act up, they can't just be bad kids for a bit,,,,, noooooo,,, they must have ADHD, or terets, or cronic depression. A mother kills her five children,, was she a murderer,,,, noooooooo,,,, she had post partem depression,,,,, that makes it not her fault. Two grown men kill their parents in cold blood and got tons in insurance. Were they murderers? Noooooooo,,,, their parents neglected and abused them, so they could not help their actions. I will admit that all of these conditions are hard things to deal with, but like homosexuality, it all boils down to a choice. If you can't handle my opinion PARANOIA, then don't post anymore. I'm tired of your whining and crying " VICTIM " !

Please don't troll yet more to provoke a reaction. You use very crude emotive examples to seemingly back up a very tired and not relevant point - 'that god condemns homosexuality'. I'm not arguing that with you - LITERALLY not arguing that with you. If i wanted to, i would go to the religious thread and do it. Is that so hard to understand, or do you want me to find a quote in the bible that will illustrate it better?

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   

or do you want me to find a quote in the bible that will illustrate it better

I challenge you to. Or will you burst into flames if you touch one? This kind of arguing is getting old,,,, dude if you can't debate without getting pissed off,,, then don't post anymore. Childish attacks are getting you nowhere. If you don't like my opinion then don't read it anymore,,, cause I'm goin nowhere.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   

You are getting desparate for an arguement. You have resorted to whining about my grammar? This is really pissing you off isn't it? Whatever dude. I see where your screen name comes from.

No quite the opposite- i'm trying to get you to make your first ever valid contribution to this thread based on the research offered. It's not pissing me off to be honest.. and my whine about your grammar was just an illustration to show that there wasn't anything else in your post i found worthy to respond to.

or do you want me to find a quote in the bible that will illustrate it better

And again you missed my sarcasm relating to finding the quote in the bible.
Hope that clears it up, and i shall now step back and let this thread actually continue the original discussion of GAY GENES.

[edit on 11-2-2005 by paranoia]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   

and i shall now step back and let this thread actually continue the original discussion of GAY GENES.

It's about time dude. Shall I say thank you.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   

It's about time dude. Shall I say thank you.

Does it tell you to in the Bible?

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
This is funny. Of course they find matching DNA in brothers. I do not see how this proves anything. Don' t you people find this humorous?

By the way, how is it wrong to believe that homosexuality is developed in life and not born that way? Does that make me a homophobe if I believe that way? I think not. I'm not going to give you the line of how I have a close gay friend. I did at one time, but we are miles apart now. Anyways, even if a person develops homosexuality throughout his life, he will still want to hide it if people find it to be wrong.

Hear me out before you stone me. It does not make it so much a choice as this other fellow in here says. It becomes part of his brain, his perception of life, just like any other way we are developed in life, such as being very promiscuous or just finding one person and sticking with them through life.

Anyways, that's my 2 and a half cents.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
Yep! Because here it is. It's the motto of this site...you should try it!

RIght on!

Man...I'm entering this little debacle a little late....but allow me to entertain you (and by you, I mean deesw of course) with my opinion....which I'm sure will be viewed as blasphemous and ignored....but it's of no concern - my opinion on your comments in the abortion thread you contributed to went unnoticed as well....

You have a life that you live by your standards...as do I, as does everyone else on ATS and in this world.....Everyone should have this one ultimate goal in life (which can be achieved through either pure and common sense or physical strain and determined practice), which is to not to tell me what you think of my life, but to accept it for what it is - and to accept everyone's lifestyle for what it is.....

Especially if you're primary concern is spiritually based....b/c you understand the hard work and determination it takes to keep your faith - but the same applies for me, even though my beliefs are completely separate from yours....

It's all about having mutual respect, keeping your religion to your self, and not lambasting others and trying to make their lives some great sin all b/c it's wrong in your eyes....

You are trying to show people you care for them by telling them their lives are a sin and not perfect in the eyes of your God....But in the eyes of my "God" (although I don't believe in a supreme being) you are flawed....and me telling you this makes you angry and pissed off...and you want to tell me I'm wrong, that you have a more stable faith....

But who really cares? B/c I believe in something else, as do many of these people arguing against your claims....and it's nothing but an attempt at getting a square object into a round hole man....it ain't gonna happen....

So learn to show some more respect for people's decisions' in life and to not label other people's choices in their own lives as a sin b/c you see fit to label it as such.....

[edit on 2/11/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Suppose Gays are genetic... What do you say to a fetal test that can locate this defect and offer the parents to abort the gay child and save it from a life of ridicule. How many happy parents to be will prefer a gay child?

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Unbelievable! Ten pages allegedly about whether or not homosexuality is genetic, when one looks at the thread, it’s like maybe a single full page… maybe.

Anyway… not that anyone is interested, but I’d like to ad my opinion…. hey, that’s the benefit of anonymous on-line forums: As a professional scientist who works in the field of molecular biology: Homosexuality will never be proven or disproven as being a genetic trait. Evidence will be produced one way and then the other, but nothing will be proven.

Similarly, one will never be able to convince another, especially one who believes that God says homosexuality is wrong, that homosexuality isn’t a sin. And I think that we all recognize this.

No matter what your beliefs are, IMO, the question you should always ask yourself with respect to ANY situation is this: No matter what I believe, is my behavior doing anything to improve this situation? Because if it’s not, then perhaps one should reconsider their strategy. If you want to save someone, from whatever… damnation, themselves… then certainly alienating them is no way to go about this.

Disclaimer: this is directed at no ATS member in particular, but is rather a suggestion… just something to consider.

[edit on 12-2-2005 by mattison0922]

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kinja
Suppose Gays are genetic... What do you say to a fetal test that can locate this defect and offer the parents to abort the gay child and save it from a life of ridicule. How many happy parents to be will prefer a gay child?

This actually is an interesting point. Since the idea of aborting children with what are perceived to be 'genetic defects' is so en vogue currently (not trying to change the topic), what about this idea of a 'gay gene.' In one way the biological aspect is could be something positive for the gay community, in that it doesn't leave room for choice. However, there could be trends to eliminate or lower the frequency of these alleles within the population. This would, IMO, be a negative consequence of the gay gene.

Anyone who is familiar with my posting certainly is aware of my extreme distaste for the idea of absolute genetic destiny. I would also say this: The inherent value of ANY human being cannot be determined by the level of genetic 'degeneracy.' For those of you think otherwise, I've got one name for you: Stephen Hawking.

But I am extremely interested in people's opinions about this... Jakko, slank.... others?

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   

So learn to show some more respect for people's decisions' in life and to not label other people's choices in their own lives as a sin b/c you see fit to label it as such.....

I do not honestly see how you can think that informing someone that they are wrong in a choice is disrespecting them. It's not like I walked up to a gay person on the street and started quoting scripture to him. I am on a message board that is designed for debate. I'll tell you the same as everyone else, if you do not like my opinion, tuff. Just ignore it or don't post here. A lot of people on this site seem to worship science, you have no problem with that. You do however have a problem with religion. I could care less if you have a problem with that, that is between you and GOD. It doesn't matter if you do not believe in him, cause he believes in you and there will come a time when you will have to answer for your disbelief.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Your response on the Abortion thread did not go unnoticed. It just was not worth a reply.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I do not honestly see how you can think that informing someone that they are wrong in a choice is disrespecting them. I

Well, you have said mouthful....you continue to inform, and inform, and inform.....it's wrong to you and your religion, but it does not make it true.....again, just because this is what you believe does not make it truth. This is what so many people get tired of about some Christians.....you preach at those that do not believe the way you do. I am not sitting here typing that you need to see things from a Wiccan point, I am not trying to push that my way is the only truth....yet, many Christians do this, usually to people that have heard it all before.....this is not a religious board and to continue push views based on Christianity, is futile. Quoting the bible to those that aren't Christian will not accomplish anything. I'm still thinking that perhaps, your god condemning gays, had more to do with the time period that actual gays. At that time, it was an acceptable thing to have sex with anyone, for the sake of physical enjoyment of sex, at that time in history, no one paired with the same sex, they paired with the opposite sex, but still had relations with the same sex, I'd say they were doing for " kicks" as it was usually young boys....people just slept with whomever, they didn't eve have a word for homosexuality.....also, I would like an answer from you. If it is found that yes, it is in the brain before birth, and you found that one of your unborn children had that......what would you do?

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   

this is not a religious board and to continue push views based on Christianity, is futile.

LadyV how can you say that when the topic of this thread is CLEARLY called "Gay GENES, RELIGOUS implications! If you are going to rundown someone elses opinion then make sure you have all of your information straight. I have alot of opinions about your so called religion but there is no way that I would attack yours just as how everyone on this site will jump to attack people with christian views.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Berly

LadyV how can you say that when the topic of this thread is CLEARLY called "Gay GENES, RELIGOUS implications!

You haven't been here long...anyone who has, knows very well, that most thread of any length at all, goes into many different directions, sometimes even veering off to a totally different subject....you'll learn as you go along. Welcome by the way

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Dang,,,,,,,, berly has a good point. The topic of this thread is religious. I don't think it has veared off the course at all. The board itself is not a religious board, that has been made very clear to me. People have the very right to believe as they want to, but just as I had no right calling names, noone else on here does either. I have been called a biggot so many times it's not funny, an arrogant jackass, a troll, a bastard, an asshole, an idiot, retarded. None of which has been addressed. So I am led to believe that this site is in fact anti-Christian. Every "Staff Member",,, writers, moderators, and so forth on here seem very anti-Christian. Perhaps the theme should be then DENY CHRISTIANITY.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
There will never be a thread here that doesn't veer off, if it gets any attention al all....sometime many times.....you know that, you've been here long enough for that realization. It's not that the mods are anti Christian....there are Christian mods here...good ones! But fair is fair and they do a pretty good job at it, I have had warnings before also, so I get no special treatment, as someone who has u2ued thinks I do!
You can not start a thread on a board such as this, and tell everyone exactly what will be posted and what won't, unless of course it so off topic it doesn't even belong.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join