It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Genes, Religous implications ?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I have kept a record, I have sent 12 U2Us about the verbal abuse towards me and have not received a response at all. Amuk, within a few minutes gave me two warnings, but I U2Ued him 5 minutes later and got no response. Tell me again how this site is unbiased.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I know it feels that way...but it's not....it's all in a matter of learning how to get your point across. You can say..."you acting like an ass"....you can not say, you are an ass" get it? It's the same as, you can say "I don't believe", "in my view", or "in my opinion" you can not say, "this is fact", "it's the truth", "it's undeniable" without proof that it is what you said. It's because of the type of site that it Dees......I'm sorry you are feeling singled out...it's a really suckie feeling, I know! I gotta get to work now...

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
It is not unbiased. This is a Liberal community, conservatives are the minority. The greatest hypocricy is the little pagan who attacks christianity and its views in ever religious thread on here. S/he has this megalomaniacal outlook, that leaves no doubt, s/he is everybit the bigot s/he spends all day labeling other people.

The only place to discuss religion is under mythical/conspiratorical threads. If that doesn't promote an anti-religion point of view I don't know what would. The only flaming allowed is Anti-Christian flaming.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   

It is not unbiased. This is a Liberal community, conservatives are the minority.

You are right about Conservatives being the minority on here. Your comment about religion being myth,,,,Hogwash. You are uninformed.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Thing is, genes code for structures of biological organisms. They don't have any connection to personality and soul and character at all.

Genetics is the code for making biological structures that house the soul. It tells what to make, and when, and how to do it.

It has nothing to do with things like being gay. If you fancy someone of the same sex, it is never because of your genes, anymore than it would be if you fancied someone of the opposite, or some other, sex.

You want to have sex with someone for all kinds of reasons - I would say in every case of gayness, it is because one or more parties involved are not in the biological body that their soul should be occupying.

In some cases that just means that they incarnated here to be a woman for example, but somehow ended up in a man's body instead. In other cases it is because the genetics that should have been here are not availible for their souls to wear.

One example of that would be men that like men (in a gay sense) - this could be related to the fact that not until recent times were hermaphrodites killed off in great numbers, or altered at birth. Meaning - originally, that kind of gayness was not biologically wrong, because the men had vaginas too. They were not using the anus to have intercourse in. There are not just two sexes in humans, as standard, there were a lot more.

The other thing I refer to is that a lot of souls incarnated here under the impression that shapeshifting would be normally availible, as you can no doubt imagine, the whole arguement about genes causing gayness just is irrelevent really - you can give yourself as many nobs as you want for example.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by deesw

It is not unbiased. This is a Liberal community, conservatives are the minority.

You are right about Conservatives being the minority on here. Your comment about religion being myth,,,,Hogwash. You are uninformed.

Read my words again. Nowhere did I say or imply, religion is a myth.

[edit on 12-2-2005 by Kinja]

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   
duff beer dragon,,, you started off on the right track and then went off the deep end. Souls in the wrong body? Abit much to swallow.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   

. I have been called a biggot so many times it's not funny, an arrogant jackass, a troll, a bastard, an asshole, an idiot, retarded. None of which has been addressed. So I am led to believe that this site is in fact anti-Christian. Every "Staff Member",,, writers, moderators, and so forth on here seem very anti-Christian. Perhaps the theme should be then DENY CHRISTIANITY.

Hardly, the only person I saw calling you a name was warned. A troll is a type of poster, one who just posts to stir up trouble not debate. As for Anti Christian I am sure TC and KingLizard will be shocked to here they are anti-Christian. If you can point out to me where you were called "a bastard, an asshole, an idiot, retarded" I will take care of it if it hasnt been taken care of already and by the way you sent me ONE U2U, of which I was going to answer today

As for me not returning your U2U Mods have a life too, and I have just (day before yesterday) recently had a 8 pound 3 ounce Grandson and strangely enough I thought that was more important

I am on the verge of closing this thread it has just became a mudslinging contest with no value that I can see.

[edit on 12-2-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
I am on the verge of closing this thread it has just became a mudslinging contest with no value that I can see.

These threads always get out of hand because there is no penalty for flaming and trashing religion. The anti-Christian slant of this website is not hidden well enough.

[edit on 12-2-2005 by Kinja]

*edited for big quote*

[edit on 12-2-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kinja

These threads always get out of hand because there is no penalty for flaming and trashing religion. The anti-Christian slant of this website is not hidden well enough.

So I guess I should warn everyone that doesn't believe the same as you? The only warns handed out were for DIRECT name calling, I don't care if you are Christian, Wiccan, Muslim, Hindu, Satanist or worship a freaking head of lettuce. It is one thing to say "my way is the only way" and another to call everyone who doesn't believe the same as you a bunch of "immoral ingrates and sexual deviates"

If this thead does not return to the topic from the post forward it will be closed.

If anyone feels the need to, use the complaint button

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Back to topic...
Suppose Gays are genetic... What do you say to a fetal test that can locate this "defect" and offer the parents the option to abort the gay child and save it from a life of ridicule. How many happy parents to be will prefer a gay child?

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I am on a message board that is designed for debate. I'll tell you the same as everyone else, if you do not like my opinion, tuff. Just ignore it or don't post here.

So, its a board designed for people to debate, and have theyre own opinions, but if they dont agree with you, they can post an opinion contray to what you believe? Thats kindof egotystical isnt it? Ignoring those who have an opinion different then yours?

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   

There is a difffffference between religion and contempt for man,,,,,,I thought that would beee obvious.

Anyway, back to the topic. DBD, I am curious how taste prefences are formed? You cant force yourself to like...onions, or even choose for that matter. I do not see how this is different. I am not saying genes directly or completely decide sexual prefences, but I dont believe you have control over it. (Not the actual act, but the prefence)

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kinja
Back to topic...
Suppose Gays are genetic... What do you say to a fetal test that can locate this "defect" and offer the parents the option to abort the gay child and save it from a life of ridicule. How many happy parents to be will prefer a gay child?

I think the real question to that is this. Would homosexuality be such a taboo and ridiculed thing if our society opened its mind alittle bit more and reflected upon theyre own actions and prejudgices. Remember, its not like every culture has frowned upon homosexuality. The Greeks were very open minded about homosexuality. Those that were homosexual did not hide it, and we're accepted within theyre culture. And we're talking about a society that was advanced for its time socially and technologically.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Why don't people have the right to protect their children from what they believe to be a danger?

Why is it "YOUR" choice that I have to allow my child to be exposed to classmates with 2 mommies or 2 daddies, and be forced to accept these perversions. Homosexual behavior is counter to the survival and design of the human being. Do I need to explain the reproductive cycle to you? Do we have to now reserve a space for necrophiliacs when they "come out of the closet"? Allow them special access to morgues? Wheres the open mind?

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I can't really say that deesw is at fault here. The thing with the bible is, you either swallow the whole thing, or you don't swallow it all. I mean, it's supposed to be the word of God himself. While I agree with the vast majority of its good willed priciples having been raised catholic and been heavily involved in the church, some things such as God frowning upon gay people just seem like a roundhouse to the face of human liberties. Deesw, the rational thing to do
(if you are open to being rational, you may not) would be to leave your preconceptions at the door and go into this topic with an unbiased opinion. Like, consider all the options, man. You wouldn't be turning your back on the bible. I just can't see how you could come to the stonehard conclusion that being gay is a choice just because a little bit of scripture POINTED in that direction. The bible was written a very long time ago in an entirely different language to a culture with an entirely different understanding. You could very well be interpreting it in the wrong way. In this manner, it's no more conclusive to any scientific theory. It's evidence. Afterall, you obviously aren't gay, so how are you so much more enlightened on the topic than any gay person who has personal experience on his/her side?

You know what, this has been entirely a waste of time, because I know you're not gonna consider any of it because it's not the alleged word of god, which you can't even proove anyways.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Why don't people have the right to protect their children from what they believe to be a danger?

Why is it "YOUR" choice that I have to allow my child to be exposed to classmates with 2 mommies or 2 daddies, and be forced to accept these perversions.

WHOA! So your saying gay couple kids should be in a seperate school? Unless the kids go around talking about it, I dont see it as a problem. If I feel your mentality is dangerous, I guess I could condone your kids to be homeschooled.

Homosexual behavior is counter to the survival and design of the human being. Do I need to explain the reproductive cycle to you? Do we have to now reserve a space for necrophiliacs when they "come out of the closet"? Allow them special access to morgues? Wheres the open mind?

Do I need to explain Love? There is a BIG differences between have relations with a dead body and with a person of the same sex. The family of the dead person is disrespected. I dont see how 2 CONSENTING adults harm anyone if they have relations.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I am on the verge of closing this thread it has just became a mudslinging contest with no value that I can

Go ahead and close it dude. It will not change any opinions on here though. So knock yourself out.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   

"immoral ingrates and sexual deviates

those are far less than the things you claim you don't see that I got called.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join