It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists have no answers

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: SaturnFX

I love how they say "Common ancestor' but fall short from
saying that common ancestor could very well be God.
How does that not sound like semantics to you?

That common ancestor could not be god.
The common ancestor could have been created by god but it cannot be god.

Unless your definition of god is so loose that it's essentially meaningless.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

That isn't what the cosmological theory is in physics. Which would be the ones observing the mud.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I hear scientist say the same as to how Earth was formed - (popping out of mud as you say) spinning particles around the sun somehow got bigger and turned into a planet. We should be seeing planets forming in the rings around Saturn all the time

If I were to expect a post such as this from you?

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

That common ancestor could not be god. The common ancestor could have been created by god but it cannot be god. Unless your definition of god is so loose that it's essentially meaningless.

So far this is the only indifference to the idea I've ever met.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

Until we get rid of the thoughts of religion we will never evolve to the point of curing death and leaving this planet .

why does a belief in god stop you from leaving the planet?

Last I checked more billions are spent by scientists/weapon makers "making death" and not spending it on extending life span or in leaving the planet.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Religion is the great divide Until everyone believes in the same "God" or evolve to the point to understand we don't understand there will never be enough peace to forget about war and focus on ourselves.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

And the minute you ask it - you realize its dead

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

That could be said about politics, sporting teams, etc. etc.. I have a distinctive set of beliefs that I rarely share with anyone beyond my close family and friends. I do not demand anyone believe as I do and I do not judge anyone for believing what they believe. I can care less about what you do in your bedroom or in whatever place you chose to worship. Your beliefs do not affect mine unless and until they demand of me something I am not willing to do/believe.

It seems to me that the fundamentalists of any religion would share some of your opinions but people who find themselves in the mainstream of any given belief system can actively and peacefully interact with others.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Do you think if there is a God that he could not inform us?

You take it in faith that the men who were "divinely inspired" were actually listening to god and not also putting in a bit extra. Ya know like the stuff in the OT like

stephencjames.com...

10. Keep your hands off the goods, ladies. According to Deuteronomy 25:11-12, if two men were engaged in fisticuffs, their wives couldn’t come to their rescue by grabbing and twisting the other man’s private parts. If she did, her hand would have to be cut off. An episode with all that action would certainly boost the ratings of Real Housewives.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

If I were to expect a post such as this from you?

Can you be clearer...I'm not sure what you mean

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

And yet that great divide is conveniently used by atheists to invade the middle east and create resistance groups so they can keep the middle east in turmoil while they rob it of resources.
edit on 8-5-2017 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

And the minute you ask it - you realize its dead

Like Zeus?

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Seriously? Christians, Jews, Muslims, never did anything?

Your argument is sophomoric.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Come on you're smarter than that - or do you believe like George Bush that its the USA god given right to attack the middle East because they threatened the USAs god given ideology?

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

No like Cronus

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

The crusades? The Muslim mass murder of Hindus, polpot, Roman conquest who cares why people say they do it.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Yes cronus is dead, and he is not dead. He is both alive and dead depending on when and where you exist and who opens the box.
edit on 8-5-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

No one has answers?
That my friend is so completely stupid because if there were no
questions. Only then would there be no answers. But if there are questions,
then there must be correct answers that are truth. Truth can't exist without
someone knowing it is truth.

Many questions do not have answers. This is why we have faith. What you need to ask is why is your faith so weak that you actually care about atheism.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

To all of the atheists, do you believe in internal truths? Eternal truths? Do you believe love exists? Has anyone told you that they loved you and you believed them? Based on what evidence did you believe them? I sought out a relationship with a higher power, that I don't have a name for. That higher power has shown me evidence of its love for me and for humans as much as any human has shown me love. I have evidence, but not evidence provable in a lab setting. If I had not sought the evidence with an open mind, it would likely have never been evident to me.

Atheist believe in all those things minus God. Atheists have values just as much as you. They just don't attribute those values as having divine significance. Atheists do not believe in any higher power delusion. Atheist love their children and friends just as much as you do. Everything in life is just like yours minus God.

I think you have a complete misunderstanding of atheism. Atheism is not the denial of God. Atheism is not having a belief in God. Atheism is the absence of belief. You can't say the absence of belief is a belief. The absence of belief is the absence of belief.

Atheists are just as happy as you are except they don't waste any time going to church.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
You have no verifiable proof, other than "faith". Faith is believing in something because you just "know" it's there.
I have no proof that a God doesn't exist. We can argue, like they have for thousands of years, and unless you can present to me verifiable proof, the argument continues.

We can go deeper into the rabbit hole and get logical answers that are not based in failed faith dogma and can be verified:

1 Synchronicity
2 Energetic body states out of body
3 Measuring the objective information by reading quantum state so that you can see how psi/telepathy occur.

Materialism do not answer these questions. Most religions simplify and become idols of the objective truth not seeking it and become a deviation from the golden path following the golden rule.

Both materialism and most religion do not want objective knowledge of the unknown to be known since it shows how fake the viewpoints are when compered to the data.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join