It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists have no answers

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I think that you misunderstood my point. Perhaps it was not artfully made. I don't question that atheists love their children, etc.. It's just that their proof of that love is not direct evidence. There is no way to prove, at least at the current time, that love is anything but a chemical reaction. The proof of love are the acts, words, and thoughts of one to the other. I have experienced those things from a higher power.

However, I don't think that you understand what some, not all, theists experience. I have a belief in a higher power, however I do not attend a church and do not adhere to any doctrine or dogma. My beliefs are not based on a text but upon my personal experiences in my search for a relationship, a personal relationship, with my higher power. I've been an atheist and I am now a theist. I am a substantially different person as a theist than I was as an atheist. Much of the differences are internal. I could not understand what an actual relationship with a higher power would mean until I experienced it. It can not be done justice by words. If you tried to describe a psychedelic trip, or sex, to someone who'd never experienced it, they couldn't understand properly what you speaking about.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

I don't think it's thier fault since the apostles of athiest back in the day set its foundation on a faulty assumption. Their theories had nothing to do with the spirit of discovery but more to do with the spirit of invention. Their holy manuscripts are there attempt to disprove God. They were counters to other claims of religion. Logic had nothing to do with it. More like fear of having to admit that the Christians were right. And worst of all that the Bible might be worth reading.

Notice how they still jump on any opportunity to mythify the bible. If it is a bunch of fairy tails why do they care.

Noticice how they think their clever by asking to prove God exists which is simply a reaction to the fact that after all these years they can't prove God does not exist.

They are lazy philosophers who are wishing on the beakers of scientist to prove that God does not exist.

edit on 8-5-2017 by Observationalist because: Spacing

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Ugh

The theist versus atheist debate is so........

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   
originally posted by: [post=22209582]Observationalist

Wow. Let's count all the ways your post just completely failed shall we.

I don't think it's thier fault since the apostles of athiest back in the day set its foundation on a faulty assumption. Their theories had nothing to do with the spirit of discovery but more to do with the spirit of invention. Their holy manuscripts are there attempt to disprove God. They were counters to other claims of religion. Logic had nothing to do with it. More like fear of having to admit that the Christians were right. And worst of all that the Bible might be worth reading.

Atheists have no apostles. They also have no organized set of theories either. They also have no official set of manuscripts or texts or beliefs by which they must learn or obey either. They only thing that any atheist must have is a lack of belief in God or Gods. That's it. The only difference between a Christian and an Atheist is that the Atheist goes that last step of not believing in the Christian God like all the other alleged Gods. Christians simply hold on to that last one but deny all others.

Notice how they still jump on any opportunity to mythify the bible. If it is a bunch of fairy tails why do they care.

No, they don't need to do any such thing. The bible "Mythifies" itself. They don't care about the fairy tales either. They are tired of people like yourself using your beliefs against them. It's nothing personal though. They don't like it when other religions do it either. You're nothing special in that sense. Just one of many.

Noticice how they think their clever by asking to prove God exists which is simply a reaction to the fact that after all these years they can't prove God does not exist.

This has been covered already. Nothing which is "Unknown" can ever be proven to NOT exist without first knowing everything that does exist first. Since that is impossible for anyone to know Everything that does exist, asking anyone to prove something that is yet Unknown to exist to be proven to NOT exist is pointless.

The fact that you cannot prove it does exist is the only option. The fact that you can't is your problem not anyone else's problem.

They are lazy philosophers who are wishing on the beakers of scientist to prove that God does not exist.

Again, nobody is doing that at all because it's not possible. You can't prove an unknown to NOT Exist. It is your job to prove he does. If you can't then your claim is void and remains unknown. You should know this since you seem to think you're such a good philosopher and all.

You call other lazy and yet you get all your answers from a book someone else wrote. That is the pinnacle of Lazy my friend.
edit on 9-5-2017 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

Maybe we should all Get Schwifty instead???

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: SolAquarius

Maybe we should all Get Schwifty instead???

If giant space heads are about destroy earth if we don't put on a good show then you better believe I will get Schwifty.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   
This thread is bait for redundant debate.

Shame randyvs, waste of time. How often are these back and forth threads going to spawn over the years?

Not one single human being living, knows the truth lf their origin. Thats the beauty of life, and the reason we can develop and learn, and have growth within ourselves.

Arguing about it is a waste of energy and time.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

You call other lazy and yet you get all your answers from a book someone else wrote. That is the pinnacle of Lazy my friend.

If I was lazy I would not be here. I would be in a christian forum quoting scripture to all my fellow believers who would confirm that all I ever was taught is true. I would never have to face objection to any of my beliefs I would never have to investigate or associate anything that opposes my perfect word view.

But I'm not, I'm in your world trying to learn about you, leaning how you react, challenging my own biase, fighting to be objective. I have opened my mind to atheism, agnostics, aliens, Masonic, cults, symbolism. What the hell am I doing here, I am not lazy.

Thanks for the reply though, I haven't got a lot of those lately.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Atheists do have an answer.

It goes like this:

"according to evolutionary biologists, X happened because...."

They also pass of their interpretation of fossil finds as objective evidence.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: SaturnFX

I love how they say "Common ancestor' but fall short from
saying that common ancestor could very well be God.
How does that not sound like semantics to you?

God, unicorns, aliens, etc
or we could not simply make s$&t up and simply keep investigating.

You walk into a house. you notice the door is kicked open. you dont see someone actively kicking the door in, therefore god did it..oh, well okay, evidence of a human foot that kicked it in..it was a person. you walk into the home and there is stuff missing..god took it.
See, thing is, when you use god (or aliens/unicorns) to fill in the blanks of the unknown, you eliminate actual investigation and do a disservice to thinking.

You asked about the origins of man anyhow
man is a animal, I went further and demonstrated the origins of animals (of which man is a very late addition/offspring). You are now moving the goalpost and suggesting god is what..chemical reactions? okay, fine..but if thats the case, then toss out any and all bibles or religious interpretations and we can then start there.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Atheists have no answers.

Of course they don't. And many don't pretend to.

Because they are always asking the theist for answers. It's as if the atheist
only gets to ask questions. Why is this so?

Perhaps because they want to understand the rationale theists have for their beliefs, which are only beliefs and not necessarily grounded in any sort of empiricism. They want to understand why theists believe what they do?

**I am not an atheist, for the record.
The club has a lot of members so getting in is not easy!

What are you talking about?
If you don't get it then that only goes to demonstrate a closed and blind mind! Poetic no!

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   

a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Doesn't common sense apply to the God thingy!

God love you man!
Everybody does which is why I don't require the use of an emotional security crutch for my life!

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   

a reply to: luthier

No the issue is with atheism period.

Why do you have an issue with atheism?

How does atheism affect you?
In denial is why!

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

As in....?

Fact is, no one really knows if He exists. People who are religious, believe because they've grown up with it and just take it for granted that God exists. Or, they come to it later in life for some reason or another. I grew up in a VERY religious family, with several Uncles who were Preachers. I saw the hypocrisy and fighting between faiths, each proclaiming they are "The One and Only" and if you don't follow their version, you're bound for warmer climate. I saw Preachers who thundered out the message against drinking....who had a still up the mountain behind their house.

Faith is just that...Faith. Believing in something with no actual proof. Like I said, I can't proof He doesn't exist and the believers can't prove He does. Stalemate. For the last few thousand years.
Speak for yourself mate! Take a good look at life, history, reality!

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Because they are always asking the theist for answers. It's as if the atheist
only gets to ask questions. Why is this so? I must assume it's because the
atheist has no answers. And when I think about it, How could they have
any answers to their own questions. They have made a conclusion based
on zero evidence about an ideology that has been around since before
recorded history. Not only that there is a history to it absolutely.
And Richard Dawkins intolerable attitude towards a point of view other
than his own? Just makes him a secularist bigot and nothing more.
Atheists have no answers and even Flew flew the coupe. So when it
comes to questions about mans origins? I can't possibly consider the
atheist.

Looks like you have a couple of questions as well.
Get any good answers yet?

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: DAVID64

As in....?

Fact is, no one really knows if He exists. People who are religious, believe because they've grown up with it and just take it for granted that God exists. Or, they come to it later in life for some reason or another. I grew up in a VERY religious family, with several Uncles who were Preachers. I saw the hypocrisy and fighting between faiths, each proclaiming they are "The One and Only" and if you don't follow their version, you're bound for warmer climate. I saw Preachers who thundered out the message against drinking....who had a still up the mountain behind their house.

Faith is just that...Faith. Believing in something with no actual proof. Like I said, I can't proof He doesn't exist and the believers can't prove He does. Stalemate. For the last few thousand years.

Actually my friend, you are totally wrong on that. People DO know God exists and I am one of them. I know it for an absolute certainty. It does indeed begin with faith and I was there before, with only faith. I did not know it for a fact then. I have always been willing to believe God exists though, but I haven't always been faithful.

When a person truly seeks God in their life, and is willing to believe, and even though they don't know for certain yet, they still hold faith that he does, and they speak to him in prayer and thought, with love. After many years of that and many rough spots, God revealed himself to me and took my spirit away to another place and spoke to me. I have also seen Christ in spirit and he was disappointed with me and waited for me to tell him why. I apologized and told him I can make good and he smiled and allowed me to go, but there was a warning to me there. It still isn't easy even when you know 100 percent that God is real, because we are human and born to sin as a default mode. The hard way is to live right.

A person who is never willing to even begin with a belief, and have a smidgen of faith to start with will likely never know God. God wants people to begin their relationship with him using faith and belief to begin with. Always giving God the benefit of the doubt. Saying there is no proof as if that gives people an excuse not to look for God isn't going to save anyone, it will just mean in the end that that person was unwilling to play by God's rules. One of the biggest rules is humility before pride, and that means there will then be room for a little faith and just believing will be good enough to start with.
Delusional and in need of an emotional security crutch but you are not alone so no reason to feel different.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

To all of the atheists, do you believe in internal truths? Eternal truths? Do you believe love exists? Has anyone told you that they loved you and you believed them? Based on what evidence did you believe them? I sought out a relationship with a higher power, that I don't have a name for. That higher power has shown me evidence of its love for me and for humans as much as any human has shown me love. I have evidence, but not evidence provable in a lab setting. If I had not sought the evidence with an open mind, it would likely have never been evident to me.
Its called delusion! Have you never had a doubt in your faith/beliefs? Because there lies the truth to your denial. Doubt is instinctive and can often be inspired by common sense and a clue to reality!
edit on 9-5-2017 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   

There are no absolute answers it's the questions that are important!

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson
a reply to: dfnj2015

I think that you misunderstood my point. Perhaps it was not artfully made. I don't question that atheists love their children, etc.. It's just that their proof of that love is not direct evidence. There is no way to prove, at least at the current time, that love is anything but a chemical reaction. The proof of love are the acts, words, and thoughts of one to the other. I have experienced those things from a higher power.

However, I don't think that you understand what some, not all, theists experience. I have a belief in a higher power, however I do not attend a church and do not adhere to any doctrine or dogma. My beliefs are not based on a text but upon my personal experiences in my search for a relationship, a personal relationship, with my higher power. I've been an atheist and I am now a theist. I am a substantially different person as a theist than I was as an atheist. Much of the differences are internal. I could not understand what an actual relationship with a higher power would mean until I experienced it. It can not be done justice by words. If you tried to describe a psychedelic trip, or sex, to someone who'd never experienced it, they couldn't understand properly what you speaking about.
would you go so far as to say that you have invented your own religion or possibly even your own God? Or do you believe that all people worship the same God and you have just found the right way to think about it?

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

To be an atheist means you have to believe that everything we see and are started with a single cell that magically appeared after the earth cooled, after heating up, after countless dust particles from nowhere came together in a ball to spinning around while orbiting a sun (no can explain how and why it exists nor how particles with enough mass can orbit anything because as it's forming orbit distances would change...)! ...and all this from an explosion of nothing, by nothing, from nothing.

Sorry guys, that requires more faith that an intelligent supernatural (key word there) being from another area of time and space which you can't explain in human terms lest you expect an ANT to describe or even understand the concept of human air travel, guided by computers, within flying steel tubes - let alone understand what a human is.

edit on 9-5-2017 by SanitySearcher because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-5-2017 by SanitySearcher because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join