It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists have no answers

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It shows exactly the coherence you constantly doubt is there.
Why I beieve this above all world views. Especially yours. You may not have
a belief as it were. But you most definitely have a world view.
edit on Ram50917v52201700000018 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Still supremely arrogant to talk about people who don't share your beliefs like you know them. ESPECIALLY without any supporting evidence or documentation to back up your words and claims.

I just happen to know a heck of a lot of Atheists personally, was raised by an Atheist father and for a time in my life embraced Atheism myself- along with being mother to an Atheist and adopted mother to most of her "disowned by their own so-called religious families" friends.

So how does that mean you know most atheists? Sounds like you still only know a handful of them to me. I trust to data myself; not anecdotes. So your personal stories aren't going to magically make you any more credible in my eyes.

Keep calling names and making judgements. You're not hurting my feelings, just making me feel sad for you.

If you think I'm ad homineming you then you have some super thin skin and suck at taking criticism. But hey way to set yourself up for the moral high ground. Spew a bunch of unsourced claims then feign pity on the person who calls you out for being arrogant and pitching strawmen.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

It shows exactly the coherence you constantly doubt is there.
Why I beieve this above all world views. Especially yours. You may not have
a belief as it were. But you most definitely have a world view.

I'm not seeing it man. As an atheist -I- don't set out with the belief of disproving Christianity. There is no dogma I adhere to that forces me to question the religion at every turn. AGAIN atheism is merely just a position on the belief in god. It is fueled by skepticism and it usually leads to doubting gods and questioning believers' belief systems and why they believe what they do, but that is NOT a belief of atheism in itself.

The reason atheists like to question belief systems is because many atheists are also scientific minded and they are just applying the scientific method to religion. But not all atheists are scientific minded either, so saying that all atheists behave that way is intellectually dishonest. So really what you are doing here with this thread is trying to pigeon hole the scientific method as a belief system of atheists, but that isn't the case at all.
edit on 9-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

That's because you are pitching a strawman here. Atheism isn't a belief system! It doesn't set out to explain things or answer questions. It is merely JUST a position on belief in god.

You make it sound as tho taking any position is correct?

Consider the historicity/truth of the Bible? Many atheists akin it to fairy
tales don't they?

Perhaps you can tell me why atheists would rather believe in the truth
of fairytales than the historicity of the Bible?

The talking ass is even in there.

edit on Rpm50917v13201700000034 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

You make it sound as tho taking any position is correct?

Correct? I can't say. Most logically sound given the information we have available? Definitely. Occam's Razor and all.

Consider the historicity/truth of the Bible? Many atheists akin it to fairy
tales don't they?

Perhaps you can tell me why atheists would rather believe in the truth
of fairytales than the historicity of the Bible?

You are jumping all over the place right now. You write a thread talking about answers atheists have never attempted to provide (because it isn't their place to answer without evidence) then try to prove your religion as well. Is this thread about Christianity or a thread about atheism? Please make up your mind. If I'm not an atheist that doesn't magically make me a Christian you know?

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

The reason atheists like to question belief systems is because many atheists are also scientific minded and they are just applying the scientific method to religion.

Along with ridicule. You of all people should know by now it's the ridicule
I'm after in all my threads. The ridicule is unfounded and arrogant
and you know it.

Correct? I can't say. Most logically sound given the information we have available? Definitely. Occam's Razor and all.

C'mon did I give you to much credit?
Is there a God or not is the most important question in the universe.
And if there is or if there isn't doesn't mean you can just make up
your own crap either way. There must be a world view that is correct
and truthful anything else is mysticism.
edit on Rpm50917v27201700000058 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

What I think is that you are a very angry person looking for a fight with anyone who will take the bait. I think that you get an ego boost from belittling others because someone at sometime in your life didn't give you the love you feel you deserved. I also think that you make yourself feel better temporarily by putting others down giving yourself a "superiority booster shot" when you're feeling down in the dumps and a faceless internet forum is the perfect place for you to do this in anonymity because in person you probably have very few people to talk to. Every opinion you project toward me (arrogance, thin skin) are actually traits you portray yourself. If anything it makes me feel even more sad for you. But that is just observations, not a judgement.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

You are jumping all over the place right now. You write a thread talking about answers atheists have never attempted to provide (because it isn't their place to answer without evidence) then try to prove your religion as well. Is this thread about Christianity or a thread about atheism? Please make up your mind. If I'm not an atheist that doesn't magically make me a Christian you know?

What you have in every vid here is the undeniable testimony/answers/
truth to my world view. Where is yours Richard Dawkins?

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

There must be a world view that is correct

You're absolutely correct.
The problem is that neither us or anybody else knows what that correct world view is.

Do you choose to make do with mysticism or just accept that some things are beyond our reach?

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

The problem is that neither us or anybody else knows what that correct world view is.

That isn't the problem at all. Seek and you will find.
The whole premise of science even says that nothing is unreachable
for mankind. I believe you can know. Did you watch the vid on the
opposite page? Pg 8
edit on Rpm50917v51201700000034 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson
a reply to: Woodcarver

I don't feel that I've invented anything. I think truly spiritual people, whatever religion or no religion at all (like me), are relying upon the same being/energy/entity. I believe that there are spiritual laws, just like physical laws, and that when we do our best to attempt to follow them a different aspect of life opens up to us.

I agree with you (yet again!), TobyFlenderson. Well stated.

The thing is, that I try to point out, is that "spirituality" does not require an omniscient anthropomorphized "god" figure who is judging every breath you take.

Are we all connected? Yes. How? We are fractals of the The....the Tao. all connected. There is no "boss" required.

We are the bosses of us. And we're supposed to be working on The Golden Rule.

Long way to go. Long, long way to go.

No help coming, either. It's just us. Here. Sink or swim.
We get our act together, or we don't.

That's all there is to it. The universe will continue to be. Perhaps others will do better. Perhaps we'll be party to that, as well.
There are some things that are delightful to NOT KNOW.

But, that leads to the fact that not everyone likes surprises.
I do.

Do you?

edit on 5/9/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

We are the bosses of us.

All I see in this world is loose cannons and missles with no guidance
system. Have you seen the world lately? I mean Fukushima and Chernobyl?
Our intellect lacks the guidance of a supeme being . It's so obvious
my sweet Buzzy.

The only thing we seem certain to accomplish is our own demise.
edit on Rpm50917v08201700000058 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: strongfp

magic man or mythical beast(s) popping humans out of mud, air, water, what ever,

I hear scientist say the same as to how Earth was formed - (popping out of mud as you say) spinning particles around the sun somehow got bigger and turned into a planet. We should be seeing planets forming in the rings around Saturn all the time

I really love that you are so unabashed with putting out there for the world to see, just how little you understand a single scientific topic that you dismiss put of hand. I don't know if it's a product of your education, just willful ignorance or what. What is pretty clear though, is that you lack a basic high school level understanding of the most basic tenets of scientific theory.

Perhaps though could explain to me why "we should seeing planets forming IN the rings of Saturn all the time" and explain how the fact that we do not see this all the time disputes Newtonian Physics. I know the answer and reality behind this but since some of the most fundamental laws of physics are incorrect according to you, I'd love to see your solution to this. I'll be the first to congratulate you when you write your paper and get the Nobel for proving hundreds of years of math and science wrong.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Are intellect lacks the guidance of a supeme being . It's so obvious
my sweet Buzzy.

Randy. Hun, there is no "supreme being" paying any attention to any of this. It's just us, a collective. We Are As An Ant Colony. We race around making things and thinking things and building and wrecking things, and thinking things. And everyone is scared. EVERYONE is scared sometimes. If an external circumstance doesn't frighten us, we invent things to be frightened of.

We are aware that we will die one day.
Are higher animals also aware? Do they give any thought to the fact? They seem to take it in stride, but do definitely exhibit loss, grief, loneliness, and all the unpleasant emotions. Of that, I have no doubt.

Or, are they blissfully not aware? How do they come to the point that they curl up in a favorite spot, out in a blizzard, and lie down to die? Or climb onto a low shelf that has sheltered them once, and lie down, and expire. Without a fuss.

What is that all about?
Do they know? We need to listen to them. And stop thinking we know everything, because pal-o-mine, we don't. We don't hardly have a clue. But we're getting a little bit better at thinking about it. And now we know there are other people out there with different ways of speaking and talking and behaving and thinking.

Slow.

Long, long, longggg way to go.
No "foreman" watching. Just us. Our pitiful circus, our monkeys, our toys. Our violence, kindness, insight, idiocy. That's really all it is.

And we, combined, every molecule and atom, plant, animal, bacterium, virus, elephant, tick....we are ALL THERE IS. We are the Tao.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I'm not sure what the OP is trying to accomplish or state with this post. To say atheists as a whole have "no answers" about the origins of man is a pretty sweeping statement. Does that mean theists as a whole have actual, proven answers? There are many theistic groups. Or is it that just one particular mono-theist group has the answer/answers? I'm betting that's the true point of this post, to say that what they were taught is truth...despite lack of any verifiable evidence.

I usually try to avoid getting sucked in to these debates, but sometimes I can't help but bite.

My stance is this: these sort of questions can't be answered in any provable way, never have never will...believe what you want, but if you choose to believe in something unprovable admit to yourself that it is unprovable and that it just makes you feel good believing it. Is that so bad?

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

That isn't the problem at all. Seek and you will find.
The whole premise of science even says that nothing is unreachable
for mankind. I believe you can know. Did you watch the vid on the
opposite page? Pg 8

If you're desperate for answers you will accept what you need to.
Sometimes it's also highly profitable marketing answers to those in desperate need as in the vid on pg 8.

Unfortunately I don't have faith, I would honestly like to.
However you can test your faith and we can see how you fair.

Ask a mountain in your area to "Move from here to there" and see what happens.

If it doesn't move then Jesus is a liar or you have no faith.
That sort of testability is the premise of science, not delusions of grandeur.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Seconded.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Conversely theists have no answers either.

How did Jesus walk on water-did he invent the water ski? if God smote Sodom and Gomorrah then why isn't he striking down brothels, gay night clubs as we speak? and what about parish pedophiles? are men of god exempt from doing bad deeds just because of their faith in God?

Many of the christian faith dismiss Norse mythology and others but can swallow the idea than a man turned water into wine and can come back from the dead, if I said I believed that the Ragnarok is coming or that Anubis is coming for me then that would be absurd.

Christianity is mythology; believe what you want as it is your right but I'm just calling it as I see it.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I will attempt to define it when you answer some of the questions I have asked.

Do you have someone in your life that loves you? Do you feel that that love is something more than a chemical reaction? If yes, then what evidence do you have of that? If no, then I'm truly sorry for you and we will likely never find common ground.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Along with ridicule. You of all people should know by now it's the ridicule
I'm after in all my threads. The ridicule is unfounded and arrogant
and you know it.

I'm not looking to ridicule though. It's easier (and more civil) to just answer you honestly and unemotionally.

C'mon did I give you to much credit?
Is there a God or not is the most important question in the universe.

Not to me.

And if there is or if there isn't doesn't mean you can just make up
your own crap either way. There must be a world view that is correct

Yes, but that doesn't mean we have the answers and evidence to make that proclamation one way or the other.
edit on 9-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join