It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists have no answers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Just because I don't believe in your beliefs (and think they are silly) doesn't mean I dislike you as a person. We've gone toe to toe over the years -- heatedly. I'd still always buy you a beer IRL - I reckon we still have more similarities than differences.

edit on 8-5-2017 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Do us all a favor and at least study William lane Craig so we can have a debate.

Why because everyone here has studied Craig? How do you know that?
Or maybe it's faith?
edit on Rpm50817v15201700000044 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

No I just know he is a good philosopher regardless of how I view his perception of reality.

What your presenting reminds me of a high school atheist who is mad at his parents. Except it's opposite.

link   

Maybe. Or he might say everyone wins from his perspective since both him and the Super Bowl winner are in a super position and all possible winners exist there until we watch who wins.

link   
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. The burden of proof is laid on the person with the claim.

If I say there is a flying spaghetti monster, it is not up to you to find proof that it doesn't exist, it is up to me to provide proof that it does exist.

And beyond that, the term Atheist is kind of misleading. It'd be like calling a Christian a flying-spaghetti-monster-denier.

I do not possess the belief that you have. That is not what defines me; this lack of a belief. The belief is something that -you- have.

link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

Just because I don't believe in your beliefs (and think they are silly) doesn't mean I dislike you as a person. We've gone toe to toe over the years -- heatedly. I'd still always buy you a beer IRL - I reckon we still have more similarities than differences.

And I would drink the hell out of it and buy you one right back;.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Same thing..

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

What your presenting reminds me of a high school atheist who is mad at his parents. Except it's opposite.

Then you won't be offended if I find that humorous?

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Same thing..

Yeah.

Actually if that cat said anything I think he's say "Let me out of this damn box and pet me you jerks."

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Iconic

This isn't actual philosophy and Russels teapot is not really a good argument.

Cosmological theory of a necessary being is a valid logical concept.

I don't believe in it but it is not simply superstion.

Also the teleological argument can have some logic as well. Theist often borrow fine tuning observations to say look it's god.

I don't "believe" in it but it isn't trivial as Chris H. Would say.
edit on 8-5-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Poor animals. Pouring a little beer out for homie now.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I'm an atheist, and have no answers.

But I do have a statements.

I'll say what any religious person or atheist should day.

Nobody has answers.

Nobody knows anything for certain.

So Cheers.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

As in....?

Fact is, no one really knows if He exists. People who are religious, believe because they've grown up with it and just take it for granted that God exists. Or, they come to it later in life for some reason or another. I grew up in a VERY religious family, with several Uncles who were Preachers. I saw the hypocrisy and fighting between faiths, each proclaiming they are "The One and Only" and if you don't follow their version, you're bound for warmer climate. I saw Preachers who thundered out the message against drinking....who had a still up the mountain behind their house.

Faith is just that...Faith. Believing in something with no actual proof. Like I said, I can't proof He doesn't exist and the believers can't prove He does. Stalemate. For the last few thousand years.

Actually my friend, you are totally wrong on that. People DO know God exists and I am one of them. I know it for an absolute certainty. It does indeed begin with faith and I was there before, with only faith. I did not know it for a fact then. I have always been willing to believe God exists though, but I haven't always been faithful.

When a person truly seeks God in their life, and is willing to believe, and even though they don't know for certain yet, they still hold faith that he does, and they speak to him in prayer and thought, with love. After many years of that and many rough spots, God revealed himself to me and took my spirit away to another place and spoke to me. I have also seen Christ in spirit and he was disappointed with me and waited for me to tell him why. I apologized and told him I can make good and he smiled and allowed me to go, but there was a warning to me there. It still isn't easy even when you know 100 percent that God is real, because we are human and born to sin as a default mode. The hard way is to live right.

A person who is never willing to even begin with a belief, and have a smidgen of faith to start with will likely never know God. God wants people to begin their relationship with him using faith and belief to begin with. Always giving God the benefit of the doubt. Saying there is no proof as if that gives people an excuse not to look for God isn't going to save anyone, it will just mean in the end that that person was unwilling to play by God's rules. One of the biggest rules is humility before pride, and that means there will then be room for a little faith and just believing will be good enough to start with.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Can't we all just get along....

I mean the big bang came from a priest, Einstein was a panthiest (spinozaist), and Hawking gave us some good physical cosmology.

Most scientists have agnostic claims on reality. That doesn't mean they don't have personal beliefs.
edit on 8-5-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Can't we all just get along....

Oh rigtht! Then where would the debate be?

edit on Rpm50817v34201700000028 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: Mandroid7

How is Religion not Insanity?

The same way atheism isn't insanity.
How can you not see that?

So....you are insane if you stick to the facts, and not a storybook?

All righty then

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Oh now I get it you have facts? Oh please do tell?
What do you mean story book? I dare you?
edit on Rpm50817v43201700000056 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
So when it
comes to questions about mans origins? I can't possibly consider the
atheist.

here ya go mate

Glad I could clear that up for you

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I love how they say "Common ancestor' but fall short from
saying that common ancestor could very well be God.
How does that not sound like semantics to you?
edit on Rpm50817v12201700000027 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Russels teapot is not really a good argument.

Cosmological theory of a necessary being is a valid logical concept.

I don't believe in it but it is not simply superstion.

Also the teleological argument can have some logic as well. Theist often borrow fine tuning observations to say look it's god.

I don't "believe" in it but it isn't trivial as Chris H. Would say.

Depends what you mean by "trivial."

It's not 'trivial' when billions of people believe a pack of lies. Ever.

I'm pretty sure that's why we're all here. But, I could be mistaken.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join