It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists have no answers

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
I'm an atheist, and have no answers.

Nobody has answers.

Nobody knows anything for certain.

So Cheers.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Which pack of lies?
Lies are made up everyday witrhout the following of billions.
edit on Rpm50817v20201700000020 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

OK yes but there's not a being on this planet that knows the answer to what happens after death.
edit on 8-5-2017 by Gargoyle91 because: SP

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

Do you think if there is a God that he could not inform us?

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: Mandroid7

Oh now I get it you have facts? Oh please do tell?
What do you mean story book? I dare you?

You can double-dog dare with a cherry on top, if you want.

Your intentionally being obtuse, and not really deserving my time.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
randy, (I've missed you)! Here is what I said:

It's not 'trivial' when billions of people believe a pack of lies. Ever.

I'm pretty sure that's why we're all here. But, I could be mistaken.

And here's what you responded with:

Which pack of lies?

And the only thing I can say is "any of them." Because, as you know, I don't believe any of them. Nearly 8 billion people on the planet. Lots of them believe in a specific 'pack of lies' that others insist "is not" a pack of lies.

Therefore, it behooves me to not believe any of them. But to wait for indisputable evidence of something unique.

Lots of you have had such an experiential event, have "received evidence." I, too!, have experienced some things that convince me that there is something. But none of men's (or women's) words explain it to me in a way that I can wrap my mind around.

ESPECIALLY the 'received texts' are suspect.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I do. It's certainly a possibility.

As is an infinite scale of godlike beings.

We could create a new breed of man that can breath Martian air with genetics, and then die off leaving them in existence. They would then most likely form a mythology around our existence.
edit on 8-5-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

To all of the atheists, do you believe in internal truths? Eternal truths? Do you believe love exists? Has anyone told you that they loved you and you believed them? Based on what evidence did you believe them? I sought out a relationship with a higher power, that I don't have a name for. That higher power has shown me evidence of its love for me and for humans as much as any human has shown me love. I have evidence, but not evidence provable in a lab setting. If I had not sought the evidence with an open mind, it would likely have never been evident to me.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Actually my friend, you are totally wrong on that.

I guess that would really depend on what you mean when you say "God". If by God you mean an all-powerful, all-present, all-knowing being then you will have to provide some evidence for that claim otherwise it is just hogwash.

People DO know God exists and I am one of them.

Not likely... not likely at all. You have likely had experiences that made you feel special or had experiences that felt like they escaped any rational explanation (and even if they did that would not automatically imply God) but in reality such experiences were likely coincidental in nature or were the result of chemical processes in your brain, or both.

I know it for an absolute certainty.

Unlikely. And if you really have this knowledge then I am curious as to how you came to obtain this knowledge? Could you share this knowledge with physicists so we can start re-writing science textbooks?

It does indeed begin with faith and I was there before, with only faith.

It began with faith and it is still faith.

I did not know it for a fact then.

...and you don't "know it for a fact" now.

I have always been willing to believe God exists though, but I haven't always been faithful.

I am willing to accept God's existence so long as its existence can be verified via the scientific method. So far not a shred of conclusive evidence for a god has ever been provided... none at all. Zero.

After many years of that and many rough spots, God revealed himself to me and took my spirit away to another place and spoke to me.

So I am curious... how do you know that this is a God and not merely physiological/chemical processes that have occurred in your brain? What makes you so certain? There are likely very rational explanations as to your experiences that don't involve a god whatever.

I have also seen Christ in spirit and he was disappointed with me and waited for me to tell him why.

Again... how do you know it was Christ and not just your mind doing this to you?

It still isn't easy even when you know 100 percent that God is real,

If a god exists it certainly seems to elude scientific testing.

A person who is never willing to even begin with a belief, and have a smidgen of faith to start with will likely never know God.

Why would a relationship with god depend upon a belief without evidence? That doesn't make any sense. A relationship with god should be obtainable independent of faith, thus my scepticism.

God wants people to begin their relationship with him using faith and belief to begin with.

That's kind of stupid. An omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent being wants us to begin a relationship with him via a belief without evidence? Really? If he was so adamant about having a relationship with us you would think that, being the omnipresent thing that he is, he wouldn't have any issue revealing himself to not just a small portion of society, but also to scientists, etc... so we can end this age-old, tired debate once an for all. It doesn't make ANY kind of logical sense.

Saying there is no proof as if that gives people an excuse not to look for God isn't going to save anyone, it will just mean in the end that that person was unwilling to play by God's rules.

Not only is there no proof but there is also no evidence...

One of the biggest rules is humility before pride, and that means there will then be room for a little faith and just believing will be good enough to start with.

I am all for accepting God in my life so long as he chooses to reveal himself in such a way so as to not be able to be explained by other more rational, mundane things.
edit on 8-5-2017 by logicsoda because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

To all of the atheists, do you believe in internal truths? Eternal truths? Do you believe love exists? Has anyone told you that they loved you and you believed them? Based on what evidence did you believe them? I sought out a relationship with a higher power, that I don't have a name for. That higher power has shown me evidence of its love for me and for humans as much as any human has shown me love. I have evidence, but not evidence provable in a lab setting. If I had not sought the evidence with an open mind, it would likely have never been evident to me.

I'm not an atheist, but this is a worthwhile post.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

As always Buzzy your slightest retort rings with your minds truth.
Who could fault you? I don't want to know that person.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY
Wait until you all find out an extraterrestrial species genetically created you by manipulating a few strands of DNA from another humanoid mammal on Earth. (wishful thinking)

I wonder what the conversation would be like? Would you all except advanced species as your God(s) then? Or would you all stick to the atheist/ one supreme being(s) theology?

It would make for an interesting discussion.

No. It would finally put an end to this silly fairy tale or a magic man or mythical beast(s) popping humans out of mud, air, water, what ever, created by humans tho. If this alien species is so advanced to alter genetics and DNA to sort of push our evolution into what we currently are they would most likely have a lot more answers for us than just who or what, when, etc came from.

Yes and maybe they can explain their own who, what, when and why existence, while they're at it.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Sure but the only reason people believe what they believe is they got taught by their inner circle like brain washing. If the story's are true and I ever meet a guy in charge me and him are going to have words.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

LOL!! Oh, randy.
There are LOADS of members who can (and do!) fault me.

But, whatever they think, you and I both know that we've built a modicum of a bridge based on mutual respect and affection.

***hug***

edit on 5/8/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: logicsoda

You don't know what I know as facts, you only know what you know. Freewill is a fact of human existence and you are free to think anything you wish, even to the point where you have decided you know better than others what they themselves know to be true and factual. All I'm seeing in your earlier reply is a whole lot of self pride and zero humility. That is a wall that you have already built between you and God.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

What is an internal truth vs. and external truth???

What the hell is an Ethereal Truth also???

Do you mean the concept of Love and does it exist??? Or do you mean some kind of love that isn't a concept??

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
a reply to: logicsoda

You don't know what I know as facts, you only know what you know.

So what do you know? What evidence do you have for God's existence besides anecdotes? F

Freewill is a fact of human existence and you are free to think anything you wish, even to the point where you have decided you know better than others what they themselves know to be true and factual.

I don't think I know better than others... I just know that claims hold no weight at all if they cannot be supported by evidence, which yours cannot be. If they can, well... show me and I will have no choice but to revise my position.

All I'm seeing in your earlier reply is a whole lot of self pride and zero humility. That is a wall that you have already built between you and God.

I find it very difficult to believe that an omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent being would allow a "wall" to be built up between myself and it based on human constructs (pride and humility).

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I would say, for me, that an internal truth is something that you know to be true based solely on something other than experience. An internal truth may be completely subjective. For instance, the meaning of life is ______. The answer you have to that question may be right and true for you, but not for someone else.

I did not use the term "ethereal" truth, but "eternal" truth. An eternal truth would be something that is true always and everywhere.

I refer to love because as far as I know, there is no direct evidence of "love" only hearsay and circumstantial evidence. I believe love does exist as something more than a chemical reaction, though I have no evidence of that other than my own intuition and experiences.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

magic man or mythical beast(s) popping humans out of mud, air, water, what ever,

I hear scientist say the same as to how Earth was formed - (popping out of mud as you say) spinning particles around the sun somehow got bigger and turned into a planet. We should be seeing planets forming in the rings around Saturn all the time

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Atheism is the LACK of a belief.

Get that definition correct first, then try again.

Your thread.... amusing.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join