It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists have no answers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

I had a pasteur tell me once that I was go'n to hell.
he was judging me because I was with my girlfriend
and her three children in his church.

I didn't lose faith in God.

What does faith in—or a relationship with—god have to do with going to church, or with organized religion, for that matter?

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

As in....?

Fact is, no one really knows if He exists. People who are religious, believe because they've grown up with it and just take it for granted that God exists. Or, they come to it later in life for some reason or another. I grew up in a VERY religious family, with several Uncles who were Preachers. I saw the hypocrisy and fighting between faiths, each proclaiming they are "The One and Only" and if you don't follow their version, you're bound for warmer climate. I saw Preachers who thundered out the message against drinking....who had a still up the mountain behind their house.

Faith is just that...Faith. Believing in something with no actual proof. Like I said, I can't proof He doesn't exist and the believers can't prove He does. Stalemate. For the last few thousand years.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Fact is, no one really knows if He exists.

I think the issue is the concept of god. Christians seem to personify god in the western-abrahamic tradition in so many instances.

I think that is one of singular issues some people have against the concept of "god" and "religion."

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

No one has answers?
That my friend is so completely stupid because if there were no
questions. Only then would there be no answers. But if there are questions,
then there must be correct answers that are truth. Truth can't exist without
someone knowing it is truth.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: mOjOm

The real problem mojo is that many atheists who don't know Christian belief assume they do
That's when they decide who is right and wrong based on their own misconception

I just got told I wasn't a christian because I can accept the bible has a few errors.
Because I think there is evil in the church
Because of that, I am not a follower of Christ

So, atheists don't need to know about God, I agree, just best stay right out of it then
If your anti theistic team want to comment, please at least understand the issue

I am going to direct you to this wonderful and brilliants mans Youtube channel.

He goes by the name AaronRa. Quite an influential figure in the atheist world, arguably on par with Dawkins for people who truly live the lifestyle of atheism.

www.youtube.com...

If interested, watch his series called 'Foundation Falsehoods of Creationism'.
Basically they go into great detail about the fundamentalist point of view for religious persons, and how any religion, should NOT be taken as truth. Especially to the point where it infringes of human rights and freedoms. It's mainly about christian fundi's in the US, but you can get the idea for pretty much all religions.
edit on 8-5-2017 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

The whole argument around "Proving God DOESN'T Exist" is pointless. Nobody can ever Prove something Doesn't Exist. To prove something Doesn't exist would require being knowing Everything that does exist first then concluding that whatever isn't already known therefor doesn't exist.

But nobody can claim to know Everything that does exist. That's not possible. The universe is simply too big for us to know that.

That's why proving that Something does exist is what must happen first. You can prove something does exist by being able to show it's existence to others. It doesn't work the other way around though. Any unproven "thing" can never be proven to Not Exist unless you already know everything that does.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Actually I think Aron Ra is way more informed about this kind of thing than Dawkins. Dawkins has made a big name for himself but there are many things about debating religion which he's not informed about at all. He's a smart guy but that really isn't his area of expertise.

Aron Ra on the other hand, especially with his buddy Dillahunty (sp?) are very very well informed about this debate. They know it from both sides and each sides arguments and counter arguments very well. Dillahunty was a Christian for many years I believe.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

The whole argument around "Proving God DOESN'T Exist" is pointless. Nobody can ever Prove something Doesn't Exist. To prove something Doesn't exist would require being knowing Everything that does exist first then concluding that whatever isn't already known therefor doesn't exist.

But nobody can claim to know Everything that does exist. That's not possible. The universe is simply too big for us to know that.

That's why proving that Something does exist is what must happen first. You can prove something does exist by being able to show it's existence to others. It doesn't work the other way around though. Any unproven "thing" can never be proven to Not Exist unless you already know everything that does.

I'll give you big time points for that Mo.
But just know I have way more up my sleeve.
edit on Rpm50817v02201700000028 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
Because they are always asking the theist for answers. It's as if the atheist
only gets to ask questions. Why is this so?

Because theists make statements based on no evidence, only their belief, which they seem to expect others to accept as 'fact' because they believe it. Therefore, very often, people of a logical, rational mindset will question your beliefs and ask you to provide evidence.

Just as a court of law demands evidence to convict someone of an accused crime, so should your extraordinary beliefs in God and Jesus demand the same levels of extraordinary evidence.

I must assume it's because the atheist has no answers. And when I think about it, How could they have
any answers to their own questions.

You assume wrong. Some atheists have answers to some questions, but no person with a respect of science would claim to have all the answers. That's pure ignorance. But some assumptions can be made based on the observable phenomena. Something people of faith do not have.

They have made a conclusion based on zero evidence about an ideology that has been around since before
recorded history.

That's rich, coming from someone who believes 100% in God and religion, which also has zero evidence. And no, please, spare me you youtube videos of someone else's paltry opinion on God. It isn't evidence any more than what my Mum's best friend's sister's mate says.

And Richard Dawkins intolerable attitude towards a point of view other
than his own? Just makes him a secularist bigot and nothing more.

And...so what? Just because you believe in religion doesn't mean people have to respect your beliefs. Religion is not untouchable and any attempt to make it untouchable (ie, Blasphemy laws in Ireland, Islamic threats of violence against those who belittle Islam, etc) are perfect examples of people with so little strength of their fragile, ever-dwindling corner of the room, they make every attempt to stop those who pull back the curtains and expose it for what it is.

Atheists have no answers and even Flew flew the coupe. So when it comes to questions about mans origins? I can't possibly consider the
atheist.

So you only accept religious answers or people or a religious faith to explain the origins of man? Even though, science has vast amounts of evidence showing our evolution, our ancestry, the fossil record, etc -- none of that matters, right? Because it doesn't fit your tiny, box-like paradigm of a draconian belief system?

Fair enough. Can't wait until being a person of faith is something the majority laugh at, like a 40 year old who believes in the Easter Bunny. Because that's where you and your kind are headed. Relegated to the past.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Thank you.

That's fine, because I have way more under my hat!

edit on 8-5-2017 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

As a christian, I would tend to agree with him in principle but...
Jesus taught His followers to love
Fundies, christian and atheist don't make love their central core

If I have time and he is any good

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

But if there are questions,

Who will win the superbowl next year?

Just because no one knows the answer doesn't mean an answer doesn't exist.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

Excellent post now we're getting somewhere.
At least you guys are answering with some respect.
That's something that's been a long time coming.
edit on Rpm50817v08201700000057 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

link   
Science explains so many things about the universe and psychology - there are a whole bundle of answers if you know where to look. As for an inner meaning, that is up to each individual, and no it does not require God.

Let us say I am interested in learning to write fiction. So I decide to look up how it is professionally written, which has come to be a kind of science. After reading this material, I become a better writer. None of it needed God. I get to decide what the meaning of my story is to me.

Everything is good, even without God.
edit on 08pmMon, 08 May 2017 18:31:43 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

link   
How is Religion not Insanity?

It uses fear based imaginative scenarios to intimidate large groups of people.

Honestly, every time I hear a person speak religion, I get the picture of De Niro from Cape Fear.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

You should read the sermon on the mount, you should also get acquainted with what the fruit of the Holy Spirit is

Maybe do a,study on the Book of James

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

No one has answers?
That my friend is so completely stupid because if there were no
questions. Only then would there be no answers. But if there are questions,

It's amateur hour in the philosophy tent.

Do us all a favor and at least study William lane Craig so we can have a debate.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

How is Religion not Insanity?

The same way atheism isn't insanity.
How can you not see that?

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

We should ask Schrodeingers cat. I bet he knows.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

We should ask Schrodeingers cat. I bet he knows.

I think the cat would say you have to watch it to know.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join