It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists have no answers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY
Wait until you all find out an extraterrestrial species genetically created you by manipulating a few strands of DNA from another humanoid mammal on Earth. (wishful thinking)

I wonder what the conversation would be like? Would you all except advanced species as your God(s) then? Or would you all stick to the atheist/ one supreme being(s) theology?

It would make for an interesting discussion.

No. It would finally put an end to this silly fairy tale or a magic man or mythical beast(s) popping humans out of mud, air, water, what ever, created by humans tho. If this alien species is so advanced to alter genetics and DNA to sort of push our evolution into what we currently are they would most likely have a lot more answers for us than just who or what, when, etc came from.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Doesn't common sense apply to the God thingy!

God love you man!

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Good point made. I know as omnipotent they would be, I would imagine they would not want to give us "all" the truths about the universe in order to push us to continue to progress to be better and more enlightened as it were.

I would be happy to finally put an end to the long debate on who created who. Everyone would be on the same page and no more bickering on who's God(s) is better or more holy.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Dawkins is a terrible philosopher.

This whole post is ignorant of philosophy, cosmology, and ontology.

You should do some reading before you propose "atheists" have no answers.

Nobody has definite answers. Anyone who pretends to is ignorant.

There are two types of people in this cosmological debate. Those looking for answers, and those waiting to be told what they are. Both encompass both theists and atheists.
edit on 8-5-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

I just can't even get past what dynamite said.
So innocent and beautiful?

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Dawkins is a terrible philosopher.

This whole post is ignorant of philosophy, cosmology, and ontology.

You should do some reading before you propose "atheists" have no answers.

Nobody has definite answers. Anyone who pretends to is ignorant.

There are tow types of people in this cosmogival debate. Those looking for answers, and those waiting to be told what they are.

Ignorant? The amounted response would suggest otherwise by itself.
edit on Rpm50817v11201700000009 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Yeah ignorant.

How's your bosonic, or m-theory up to date?

The issue is with people pretending to know something. Not those looking or waiting.

Edit. Think about what I said. Anybody who pretends to know something about cosmology in a definite way is ignorant. Literally. To what reality is. As we all are.
edit on 8-5-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

No the issue is with atheism period.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
Because they are always asking the theist for answers.

Atheists have no answers because they are always asking the theist for answers... answers for what, exactly? And what do you mean that atheists have no answers? This is very ambiguous.

It's as if the atheist
only gets to ask questions. Why is this so?

Again, I'm confused. What do you mean?

I must assume it's because the
atheist has no answers.

Answers for what?

And when I think about it, How could they have
any answers to their own questions.

????

They have made a conclusion based
on zero evidence about an ideology that has been around since before
recorded history.

What conclusion? That there is no God? Again, what do you mean? Your post is absolutely unclear and you need to elaborate. Do you mean conclusion that there is no God? What?

Not only that there is a history to it absolutely.

"It" as in.. what?

And Richard Dawkins intolerable attitude towards a point of view other
than his own? Just makes him a secularist bigot and nothing more.

Well... I'm not aware as to this attitude that you speak of. From what I have gathered on Richard Dawkins it seems to me that he is intolerable towards truth claims that have no evidence whatever to back them up.

Atheists have no answers and even Flew flew the coupe.

Answers to what?

So when it
comes to questions about mans origins? I can't possibly consider the
atheist.

Nobody is asking you to, but what I am asking you to consider is what the scientific evidence indicates.

Overall I found your post very unclear. I don't want to make assumptions so that is why I am asking you what you're meaning by certain things.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Answers to what exactly??? Answers to God??? Atheists don't need to have answers about something they don't believe exists. Why would they??

That's like pointing out that Atheists don't have any answers about Fairies or Gobblins. So what?? It's certainly not required for anyone to have answers about something they don't think even exists in the first place.

Atheists may or may not have answers for all kinds of things though. But they don't need to any more than anyone else.

Being Christian and having answers about your Christian God doesn't make them special. It means they read a book. Big deal. We can all read books guy. Doesn't mean those answers are even true either. It's pretty easy to have answers to your own mythology. It's no different than having answers to Mother Goose. You just have to read the stories by Mother Goose.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Well that's really unfortunate for you.

Should I judge Christianity by a daycare molester?

I don't.

I judge human beings as they are.

Strong" atheism and evangelical religion are close in beliefs. They are opposites but similar.

Humble people don't need to pretend they know anything about origin other than what they know and feel.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

No theists don't
Only some less than humble theists do
And from what I have observed, most theists don't really understand 90% of what they believe because they put no effort into their faith
They sit And watch and listen to Benny hinn and Joyce myers, expecting to have their pockets filled with creflo dollars and reap the rewards they believe they are entitled to.
Not ever thinking to read and study scripture for themselves

The sermon on the mount comes to mind in threads like this

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: luthier

No the issue is with atheism period.

Why do you have an issue with atheism?

How does atheism affect you?

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
But what about the person that believes in God or a Creator but is not religious or Christian. That person is not an Atheist and believes that Science-evolution etc, shows god creating.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

The real problem mojo is that many atheists who don't know Christian belief assume they do
That's when they decide who is right and wrong based on their own misconception

I just got told I wasn't a christian because I can accept the bible has a few errors.
Because I think there is evil in the church
Because of that, I am not a follower of Christ

So, atheists don't need to know about God, I agree, just best stay right out of it then
If your anti theistic team want to comment, please at least understand the issue

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Then you're a heathen or heretic I imagine.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: amazing

Then you're a heathen or heretic I imagine.

Hmmm a Heathen. Sounds better than Atheist. Although I like both words. The Heretic! Sounds Majestic!

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Lot's of atheists do know about Christian beliefs though. Not all of them but some do. Some were once devote Christians even.

It all depends on who you're talking about.

But the premise of this thread is just lame. The OP is trying to shame or ridicule, in a really broad and vague way, any Atheist who doesn't have answers about God. Well so what??? They don't need to.

That's like me trying to shame Christians for not having answers about Kali, or Buddha. Well so what??? Why would anyone expect them too since Christians have no reason to believe in them to begin with. That doesn't mean they are wrong or dumb or anything. It's just not their belief so why expect them to know in the first place.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I just got told I wasn't a christian because I can accept the bible has a few errors. Because I think there is evil in the church Because of that, I am not a follower of Christ

I had a pasteur tell me once that I was go'n to hell.
He was judging me because I was with my girlfriend
and her three children in his church. Unmarried.

I didn't lose faith in God.

I simply told him he didn't have enough faith in the blood of
Jesus Christ for me to continue to attend his church. As I
walked out his jaw dropped so far open I could've drove my
truck right down his throat.

edit on Rpm50817v44201700000028 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on Rpm50817v45201700000047 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

No one has answers those who convince themselves that they do are only hurting themselves by closing their minds. Until we get rid of the thoughts of religion we will never evolve to the point of curing death and leaving this planet .
edit on 8-5-2017 by Gargoyle91 because: missed word

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join