It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man discovers eerie sounds coming from abandoned mine

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

I live in an area that that used be littered with mines and eerie stories.

My foster cousin used to live nearby a former mining town and we used to go exploring, we were told to watch out for abandoned mining shafts, while we didn't see or hear anything my foster mother told me that her sister once saw the ghost of a Chinese miner carrying buckets of what I assume is silt.

There is also an old mining town about 100 miles away that has a memorial plaque that says people have heard Chinese miners laughing...

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Reminds me of the deepest hole, think it was dug by russia? eerie noises also heard.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

It seems like there's someone (or something) deeper in the mine. It says "faster" (like it's trying to stay out of sight) then0 "hear us" (like questioning if they think the guy with the camera can hear them) then it says "see me in the shadows" (like it's questioning whether the guy would be able to see them if they hide in the shadows).

My guess is there were people deeper in the mine that heard him coming. Thought they might get in trouble so they were whispering but with all the echoing it made them sound creepy. There's my two cents.
edit on 5-5-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-5-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

To me, the issue with the advertising angle is that he doesn't have a referral link in the comments. It's just a plain old amazon link.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Thousands of people of all ages disappear without a trace every year. It's conceivable that some are whisked into another dimension and trapped, but some aspects of their being "bleed" back into whence they originated?

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Oh yeah. That's fake.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I hear this clearly in one of the loudest anomalies, right before he says "Did you hear that?" for the second time, I hear this: "You're asking Me, You're asking Me..." Plain as day after hearing it about 5 times... Creepy as Hell!!!! and certainly one of the best examples of anomalous voices I have ever heard. This guy has big Brass Ones to be in there like that, all alone, with a little bright light.... I do not know what I would do if that happened to me... but I probably would NEVER be in there, anyway.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I was of those people ready to propose bullsh*t, but I'm stumped. It sounds like some serious creepy sh*t. He could also just have dropped or placed an audio emitting device on the side, though. Who knows? ¯_(ツ)_/¯ Thanks for bringing this channel to my attention, OP. I love this kind of stuff, Urbanex and all that.

edit on 6-5-2017 by DarkestConspiracyMoon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
There's something about the audio in the OP video that strikes me as real, but it's a tough call. Would be easier to accept if he didn't already have the horton mine video.

It turns out I was thinking of someone else in my previous post, a man by the name of Kenny Veach. May as well share his last video while on the subject of creepy mines/caves. He went missing while trying to find it again, at least that seems like the most popular theory. Pretty interesting case with other people trying to locate the mine after Kenny never returned. He starts to talk about it at 1:28

edit on 6-5-2017 by threepwood because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2017 by threepwood because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

In the video it sounds like a woman is speaking through an intercom system, standard in underground mines, usually in refuge stations(not that i expect thered be enough technology back then to beable to support a refuge station) (I've worked in the worlds largest and highest grade uranium mine, as well as several underground gold mines).

In my research there was 7 deaths in 1905 @ the horton mine from a furnace fire that got out of control, the furnace heats the air before its pumped down into the mine for ventilation, obviously something went wrong because the smoke was sent down instead and killed people as they were trying to get back up, according to the Mines Inspector, the bodies were found between 70 and 300 feet down the ramp from the portal opening.

In the video it sounds like she is saying Michael get out, but none of the deceased were named Michael.

Chapman, Moses (American; Single)
Combs, H. S. (American; Married with children)
Vass, J. W. (American; Married with children)
Gowens, John (American; Single)
Gowens, Robert (American; age 14; Single)
Waterson, John (American; Married)
Crabtree, Harvey (American; Married with children)

Interesting none the less.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: threepwood
There's something about the audio in the OP video that strikes me as real, but it's a tough call. Would be easier to accept if he didn't already have the horton mine video.

It turns out I was thinking of someone else in my previous post, a man by the name of Kenny Veach. May as well share his last video while on the subject of creepy mines/caves. He went missing while trying to find it again, at least that seems like the most popular theory. Pretty interesting case with other people trying to locate the mine after Kenny never returned. He starts to talk about it at 1:28

I remember reading about this fellow some time ago. An eerie and unfortunate case indeed. Also, does he seem a little bit, i don't know if this is the correct term, loopy to you? He always seemed to be acting in an odd way whenever I came across this particular video. Not sure what it is.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DarkestConspiracyMoon

Yes! Exactly what I thought when I watched it today, theres something off about his enthusiasm.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhyDidIJoin

In the video it sounds like a woman is speaking through an intercom system, standard in underground mines, usually in refuge stations(not that i expect thered be enough technology back then to beable to support a refuge station) (I've worked in the worlds largest and highest grade uranium mine, as well as several underground gold mines).

In my research there was 7 deaths in 1905 @ the horton mine from a furnace fire that got out of control, the furnace heats the air before its pumped down into the mine for ventilation, obviously something went wrong because the smoke was sent down instead and killed people as they were trying to get back up, according to the Mines Inspector, the bodies were found between 70 and 300 feet down the ramp from the portal opening.

In the video it sounds like she is saying Michael get out, but none of the deceased were named Michael.

Chapman, Moses (American; Single)
Combs, H. S. (American; Married with children)
Vass, J. W. (American; Married with children)
Gowens, John (American; Single)
Gowens, Robert (American; age 14; Single)
Waterson, John (American; Married)
Crabtree, Harvey (American; Married with children)

Interesting none the less.

Very good research. Thanks for the info

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Love the videos, whether it's BS or not this guys good. I have to admit but the fact he clearly markets on his video makes me very skeptical.
edit on 7-5-2017 by CrazyK22 because: Drunk

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I've seen this before and it is definitely creepy. Either a good hoax or something seriously paranormal.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I did not read that piece I always heard "get out" as well, that's kind of funny I never posted it because other people heard something radically different.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
That guy has balls of steel exploring those old mines on his own. Anything could happen such as a rock slide or a fall breaking his legs or immobilising him. The places give me the shakes with out all the creepy stuff that went with it.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
That guy has balls of steel exploring those old mines on his own. Anything could happen such as a rock slide or a fall breaking his legs or immobilising him. The places give me the shakes with out all the creepy stuff that went with it.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
a reply to: TzarChasm

I can't believe people think this is real, well I can, but we're supposed to be better here on ATS (we don't deny ignorance any more it seems)

He does this purely for entertainment value

Listen to the end, where the "tannoy" comes on inside the cave, his reaction is less convincing in this vid

It's a good effect I'll give him that, but it's no ghosts, or echoes stuck in rocks, it's just an edited audio effect very well blended into the video to go along with his less than convincing voice reactions in order to drum up views like his click bait titles he occasionally uses

Im one of the first to point anything out that seems disingenuous, but you have to consider he didn't go back for a year, he wasn't trying to hock anybodys merchandise in this vid like he did in the other. He waited a whole year, and then he never went back and stated he never would go back. Doesnt seem click baitey to me, there's a thread on BEKs right now that has pure click bait videos, yet people are being blind.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

you're either being disingenuous or didn't look I to his channel enough. He has numerous videos wherein he claims to see/hear ghosts, videos with titles referring to haunted mines and ghosts, etc etc.. So, no: this is not one of his only videos about supposedly paranormal things. It's a common theme of his. To claim that he posts normal exploration videos that never delve into the paranormal is very disingenuous.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join