It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man discovers eerie sounds coming from abandoned mine

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
My wife loves youtube channels that have the maker exploring abandoned places. The videos have nothing to do with paranormal research or anything like that; pure exploration. However, once in a while some of the videos contain something a bit, off...

In this particular Youtube channel, the maker exclusively explores abandoned mines. The guy has nearly 200,000 subscribers and almost 16,000,000 total views on his channel. He has over 140 videos, and this is one of the only ones that has anything to do with what could be something paranormal (but even in the video he doesn't directly state he believes it was paranormal or mentions it at all)

The sound begins at 12:10. Let me know what you think...

The ghost of Slytherin perhaps?!?

edit on 3/5/17 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

I love that channel, the Horton mine gives me the chills

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I grew up around old mineshafts. There were strange noises coming out of them half the time. We played near some of the vent shafts. If a breeze blew over a mineshaft or one of the vents, noises came out. There was quite a breeze flowing either in or out of those things too sometimes. I suppose they are all connected and depending on which way the wind was blowing over a shaft or vent on the hills, it could cause the direction of the wind to change in the copper mine shafts. Kids fell into the shafts a few time and that sometimes ended up really bad, they tried to get fences or caps on more of them as years went on.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
okay, first I was thinking perhaps some water, maybe some wind, but yeah, it went on and sounded like some seriously creepy stuff going on.

I was gonna claim hoax, but the guys channel seems legit..just really into exploring old mines.

so, EVP I guess. would be interesting for someone with audio know how to break down and analyse the sounds.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I have watched most of his vids and I get no feeling he is anything but legit..truly creepy.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Sounded like distant screaming and then nearby whispering. Weird enough to not want to stay there.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Those are indeed some creepy sounds and all the better coming from a legit explorer not intested in the paranormal. I think that sound would have me turning tail pretty quickly.

Not to drift too far off topic but i had to share this one -

Its a long video but its worth at least a skim through imo. The history and scope of the place alone is just so amazing and frightening.
This is in my homestate and i love exploring abandoned areas (plenty of em in CO) so I was so stoaked when i discovered this place and was immediately planning a trip.
Unfortunately from what Ive read most recently it has been completely sealed off by the farmer who owns the land it is on probably out of fear of somebody dying down there and lawsuits due to the recent attention from articles online.
edit on 4-5-2017 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-5-2017 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   

sounds like parseltongue from the harry potter movies. snake language.

i enjoy urban exploration videos, especially when they are made by people who arent afraid to get a little spooked and maybe risk a limb. too many people on youtube go out to record something exciting and turn tail the second they encounter something unusual or creepy. leave the adventure videos to the stern of spirit because folks like me get blue balls when theres maybe a glimpse of something worth watching and they decide to cut it short. why record it if you dont want something worth catching on camera?
edit on 4-5-2017 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Every times it starts he talks over it. "Do you hear that?" We could if he'd be quiet.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: MoreInterior

I think this may be legit. I was able to isolate the "sounds" in question to listen to them amplified and it is either a hoax, or something else. There are voices. If someone has the time/ability, it may be worth isolating the anomaly and tweeking it in order to hear what "they" are saying. Certainly creepy enough not to work on before trying to sleep

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: milano

I think it's legit too. That's why I want him to hush up. Although I don't blame him for hauling his butt out of there. You could tell he was scared even though he tried to hide it. I just wish he'd have given us a few continuous seconds of good audio to analyze.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Amazing video. Those sounds would have seen me running out of there ike a frightened girl! Definitely sound paranormal to me...

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   

How awesome is this! It's like Hogwart's hotel are something.

I'd love to go in their armed to the teeth a shotgun on each arm just firing wildly!

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   
OMG creepy!!!!!

EVP, hope someone gets the time to separate it out and slow it down a bit ?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   

while i applaud his enthusiasm and effort - and he has documented some pretty cool stuffs

he does have serveral vids where his imagination runs rampant - and the words " creepy " " haunted " etc etc etc are used inapropriatly [ my opinion ]

even the most mundane noise can be utterly unidentifiable in a mine environment

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
OMG creepy!!!!!

EVP, hope someone gets the time to separate it out and slow it down a bit ?

Exactly what I was going to say! Creepy!!!

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

even the most mundane noise can be utterly unidentifiable in a mine environment

Even ghostly whispers and the voices in the other vid?

edit on 4-5-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I am going to be honest.

I can clearly make out the word "Master" then he asked do you hear that? I can then clearly hear "turn it off" and then more creepy sounds. Fake? Probably... But creepy. I would blow that place up if I legit heard anything like that ever.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:00 AM
link   
My goodness, great find OP. What on earth is that??? It sounds like whispering voices... you can almost make out words. It seriously has given me a large dose of the creeps that's for sure! He has kept his composure in the video but you can tell it has frightened him. Thanks for posting

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   

So, he sells flashlights/torches on the side?
Or is it just a personal infatuation he has with that particular light?
I couldn't wait around the advertisement for the sound to be heard.
I guess I was blinded by the light.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join